The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

View Poll Results: Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?
Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen. 1 6.67%
Yeah, you should probably go for something else. 6 40.00%
Nah, it's fine. 8 53.33%
WHA- The white version is the best! 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 15th, 2011, 10:59 AM
chella182
Drowzee

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Hey, I'm buying a 3DS in a month (that means I can do trades and stuff!), and a game along with it. That's the problem; I don't know whether to get;
a. LoZ: Ocarina of Time 3D
b. Starfox 64 3D
c. Super Mario 3D Land (since it should have released by then.)

Any advice or other suggestions?
Tough call between LoZ and Super Mario imo. 'Cause I've heard Ocarina of Time is amazing, but I'm a Mario fangirl so I'd personally probably choose that.

Old October 15th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Ocarina of Time is amazing. This is coming from a girl that can't play more than 20 hours of a game to save her life for most games. There are very few that inspire me to finish it, and for over a decade Ocarina of Time wasn't one of them. I tried and tried to beat it but would get so bored so early and then quit. But the extra 3D (which looks amazing I might add) pushed it over the edge for me and now I'm almost done with it. :3
Old October 15th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Well it just depends what type of genre game you like because the 3 you have listed are all generally different. I'd go for Mario but that's just me.

Old October 15th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Dale
Captain Ressentiment

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by chella182 View Post
Tough call between LoZ and Super Mario imo. 'Cause I've heard Ocarina of Time is amazing, but I'm a Mario fangirl so I'd personally probably choose that.
Ok, it is a tough choice, but I'm not really a fanboy of either series, I just enjoy both of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
Ocarina of Time is amazing. This is coming from a girl that can't play more than 20 hours of a game to save her life for most games. There are very few that inspire me to finish it, and for over a decade Ocarina of Time wasn't one of them. I tried and tried to beat it but would get so bored so early and then quit. But the extra 3D (which looks amazing I might add) pushed it over the edge for me and now I'm almost done with it. :3
Cool, I wasn't sure about the 3D effect, but if that alone it persuaded you to re-play and finish the game, that's a pretty good sign that it's good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Well it just depends what type of genre game you like because the 3 you have listed are all generally different. I'd go for Mario but that's just me.
Well I like all 3 genres, which is why I chose them
Old October 15th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Yeah the 3D in that game is absolutely flooring. I mean, there are some times when I have to turn it off (for example, when aiming the slingshot/bow because you have to rotate the entire 3DS or when fighting a boss), but in general I have it on 24/7. My favorite part in 3D are the parts RIGHT before the boss battles, where they introduce you to the boss with its name, I always gape at that. You go through a period of adjustment with the 3D - it's difficult at first to keep it at the right distance/angle to get good 3D, but within a few weeks it just becomes second nature, lol.
Old October 15th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Dale
Captain Ressentiment

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
Yeah the 3D in that game is absolutely flooring. I mean, there are some times when I have to turn it off (for example, when aiming the slingshot/bow because you have to rotate the entire 3DS or when fighting a boss), but in general I have it on 24/7. My favorite part in 3D are the parts RIGHT before the boss battles, where they introduce you to the boss with its name, I always gape at that. You go through a period of adjustment with the 3D - it's difficult at first to keep it at the right distance/angle to get good 3D, but within a few weeks it just becomes second nature, lol.
Awesome, I'm definitely thinking more Zelda now, since Starfox wouldn't really have enough hours of gameplay, plus it lacks online, when that was clearly needed. So basically; Zelda, or Mario?
Old October 21st, 2011, 09:22 PM
deneric
Beginning Trainer

So I've started Final Fantasy 9 and I'm LOVING it. The only problem is that I know it's gonna end Does anyone know any RPG's with a story as fun as this one? I mean, I was up til like 1am last night because I HAD to know what happened next (and the next thing after that ... and that ... and that ... I was playing for a long time.)

Pokemon White FC: 0518 7961 7008
Old October 22nd, 2011, 02:16 AM
SilverStarSong
D e l t a R a y

Nature: Brave
I've heard good things about Chrono Trigger, and FF 10 is pretty good too.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 12:30 AM
Jubilation
lesbihonest

Does anybody know any good PC games which are RPG and fantasy-esque?
Old October 23rd, 2011, 12:55 AM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
You might want to give Aveyond a try, it's nothing fancy just your standard turn based RPG, you know level up learn some new spells, do some side quests and find some equipment in dungeons. I'm sure you know the drill.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old October 23rd, 2011, 01:02 AM
Jubilation
lesbihonest

What about a MMORPG, similar to WoW in some aspects? Like with different races, classes etc.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 02:40 AM
funrush
How's it going?

Hey, I was wondering whether to get the 360 or the PS3, and then I heard a comment saying that 360 comes with a headset. Do the 4gb models come with headsets?

Badges: 8. Elite Four members beaten: 4. Currently at: White Forest.
Yes, I know if I went up against a good enough fire type I'd be screwed, but that's the fun of it.
Old November 5th, 2011, 08:53 AM
MarineCorpsKid
Poseidon's Heir

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to MarineCorpsKid
[SIZE="a"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iqid Loopz View Post
lol telling my brother to not play music while I'm playing xbox will probably lead to war...again
If it's loud enough to be heard by a close-proximity mic in another room, then he should be turning it down, even for himself. Time for your parents to step in. Don't say it's because of the Xbox, just that it's too loud in general. Maybe that it's going to do damage to his hearing. Then they should be inclined to agree.

Are most sibling relationships that hostile?
That's a valid point. Xbox mica are designed to pick up close proximity sounds, so if your brother is indeed playing music loud enough for the mic to pick it up, it is clearly too loud, be it for him,you,your parents or neighbors if you have them.[/SIZE]

Old November 6th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

I have a few dollars to spare ($35), but I have three choices and I can only pick one. What should I get?

1. Nyoko Power Pack for the 3DS
2. Tetris Axis for the 3DS
3. Super Mario Land 3D

All of them sound good and I want them all, but I just can't! ;_;

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old November 8th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Awkward Squirtle
,@,e .ºoO

Super Mario 3D Land.

Is it only 3DS games you're interested in? No other console? There's a ton of good games out recently/soon on other platforms.
Old November 8th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awkward Squirtle View Post
Super Mario 3D Land.

Is it only 3DS games you're interested in? No other console? There's a ton of good games out recently/soon on other platforms.
Well, I have a Wii that I hope to get Skyward Sword for dring Christmas and I have a 360 with a non-functioning disc drive, a missing Hard Drive and a missing power cord. Which I can't really use.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old November 9th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Awkward Squirtle
,@,e .ºoO

For the Wii, I'd definitely recommend Xenoblade Chronicles if you like RPGs at all - it's easily my favourite game this year. Trailer, and a longer environment montage (location spoilers). The environments and music alone make it worth playing, but the rest of the game is just as good. Bonus: awesome British voice acting!
The only problem is that it hasn't been released in America, so you'll have to import it from Europe. This is probably the cheapest site with international shipping, but it will still set you back about $50... Also, you'll need to install homebrew on your Wii to play it - fortunately, it's easy and risk-free; I can link you to a guide if you decide to buy it

Just an option if you don't mind saving a little more.
Old November 9th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awkward Squirtle View Post
For the Wii, I'd definitely recommend Xenoblade Chronicles if you like RPGs at all - it's easily my favourite game this year. Trailer, and a longer environment montage (location spoilers). The environments and music alone make it worth playing, but the rest of the game is just as good. Bonus: awesome British voice acting!
The only problem is that it hasn't been released in America, so you'll have to import it from Europe. This is probably the cheapest site with international shipping, but it will still set you back about $50... Also, you'll need to install homebrew on your Wii to play it - fortunately, it's easy and risk-free; I can link you to a guide if you decide to buy it ;)

Just an option if you don't mind saving a little more.
Ah. And use a backup launcher and force NTSC. I've heard a lot about Xenoblade Chronicles. I might try it.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old November 14th, 2011, 09:36 PM
DaBoss
Beginning Trainer

MW3 Is finally out im soo excited :D woot woot woot woot woot woot wooot
Old November 18th, 2011, 07:21 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
I'm thinking about Christmas gifts and I don't think I will ask for a 3DS because there is realy nothing availible to entertain me Untill Titles like Paper Mario, Kingdom Hearts 3D, and Luigi's Mansion 2 sometime in "2012".

So, what are some good games for DS. (basicly, the only DS games i have are pokemon)

I'm thinking Kirby Mass Attack. What other games would you recomend?
Old November 19th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
I don't know what you're into but you should probably try The World Ends With You if you plan on getting Kingdom hearts 3D, then at least you'll get to know Neku before you play the game. I'd say you should also try a Harvest Moon game, they're always fun to pick up and just play every now and then.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old November 19th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Deadrocks

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneric View Post
So I've started Final Fantasy 9 and I'm LOVING it. The only problem is that I know it's gonna end Does anyone know any RPG's with a story as fun as this one? I mean, I was up til like 1am last night because I HAD to know what happened next (and the next thing after that ... and that ... and that ... I was playing for a long time.)
Final Fantasy 8, Final Fantasy 10, Radiata Stories, Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
What about a MMORPG, similar to WoW in some aspects? Like with different races, classes etc.
Aion, Guild Wars 2 (Not out yet), Rift, Lord of the Rings Online, Final Fantasy 12 & 14. http://www.mmorpg.com is a good resource for MMO's. lol

Old November 23rd, 2011, 02:49 AM
Xebelleon
Mugcake Handler

Nature: Quirky
There a way to power on a 'DS-eye' into starting the game up, like the DS Lite's auto option? Getting old rather quick, having to scroll or select the game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowpointQuincy View Post

So, what are some good games for DS. (basicly, the only DS games i have are pokemon)

I'm thinking Kirby Mass Attack. What other games would you recomend?
Animal Crossing: Wild World
One of the few Zelda titles
Mario & Luigi game (kinda like the SNES rpg)
Mario Kart for the DS

There 'might' be a good LEGO title...
Old November 25th, 2011, 03:41 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by An-san Rebelleon View Post
There a way to power on a 'DS-eye' into starting the game up, like the DS Lite's auto option? Getting old rather quick, having to scroll or select the game...

Animal Crossing: Wild World
One of the few Zelda titles
Mario & Luigi game (kinda like the SNES rpg)
Mario Kart for the DS

There 'might' be a good LEGO title...
The game I got are:
Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Bowser's Inside Story
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Kirby Mass Attack
Old November 27th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Naruto Uzumaki
memories.
Community Supporter

So this is a question about preordering, I'm planning to preorder the FF XIII-2 Collectors edition in store at Gamestop soon, but I was wondering, is there a limit to how many preorders they can get? I heard some of my friends talking about how there are a certain amount of limited or collecters edition of games, even if you're preordering them. Is it true?
Your siren wails endlessly
Open up

l MAL l
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links