Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old July 12th, 2011 (08:55 AM).
켄니씨
>Insert C.U.T Here<

Quote originally posted by KoboraX:
Well...I finally started Silver. So far, I.....

Caught Hoot the Hoothoot
Beat Falkner
and reached Union Cave.

So far, Hoot is at Lv. 16. I'll give him the Sharp Beak when I get it. Only 4 more levels until Noctowl.

EDIT: Oh right, do you mind if I use XD instead of Emerald? XD is my only Gen 3 game. But...if it's alright, I'd need something other than Surskit. It's rare and I'm kinda impatient (and a little lazy).
I don't know about Xd but for a reroll get lovable pooch yena
Old July 13th, 2011 (01:18 AM).
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

Nature: Naughty
I may aswell have a go as I've never really attempted a challenge like this. (:

Name: Lord_Storm (in game: Chez)
Games: FireRed, Silver, Emerald, Diamond, Black (First four will be emulated, Black won't).
Monotype: Completely different types actually, if possible. (No starters tooo?)
Old July 13th, 2011 (03:18 AM).
KoboraX
Not a Stizh

Nature: Relaxed
Kanto: Spearow
Johto: Spinirak
Hoenn: Marill
Sinnoh: Shinx
Unova: Pansage

There you go. Enjoy.

Wonderlocke Challenge - Omega Ruby 2/8
Old July 14th, 2011 (12:27 AM).
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

Thanks KoboraX. (: I'll get started soon.
Old July 14th, 2011 (12:58 AM).
phonastik
Strange Quark

Nature: Quiet
Can I have a go? I'll be using Red, Silver, Ruby, Diamond and White, and all on physical cartridges, no ROMs. I can trade in Pokemon, but not in Red or Silver.
Thanks!
Old July 14th, 2011 (02:34 AM).
KoboraX
Not a Stizh

phonastik, take a...

Kanto: Gastly
Johto: Oddish
Hoenn: Lotad
Sinnoh: Cranidos
Unova: Woobat

Good luck, dude.

Old July 14th, 2011 (02:42 AM).
phonastik
Strange Quark

'Kay. I think it's gonna be a bit tricky.

Forever alone since '99.
Old July 14th, 2011 (03:03 AM).
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

By the way, I decided to use Ruby instead of emerald as it runs faster and obtaining a Marill in Ruby isn't possible early on, so could I take a different pokemon for Hoenn please?
Old July 14th, 2011 (04:07 AM).
phonastik
Strange Quark

Actually, may I switch Kanto and Johto and have Oddish in Red and Gastly in Silver? Just from an early obtaining standpoint. Also I'm going to have difficulty fully evolving Gastly, I'm prepared to use Haunter, but if that's against the rules, I'll just request a reroll in Johto and Kanto. Thanks.

Forever alone since '99.
Old July 14th, 2011 (04:28 AM).
KoboraX
Not a Stizh

Quote originally posted by Lord_Storm:
By the way, I decided to use Ruby instead of emerald as it runs faster and obtaining a Marill in Ruby isn't possible early on, so could I take a different pokemon for Hoenn please?
Alright, take an Aron instead.

Quote originally posted by phonastik:
Actually, may I switch Kanto and Johto and have Oddish in Red and Gastly in Silver? Just from an early obtaining standpoint. Also I'm going to have difficulty fully evolving Gastly, I'm prepared to use Haunter, but if that's against the rules, I'll just request a reroll in Johto and Kanto. Thanks.
You can evolve them freely.

Old July 14th, 2011 (04:34 AM). Edited July 14th, 2011 by phonastik.
phonastik
Strange Quark

Fantastic, thanks. May I switch the two regions, or is that not allowed?
Sorry I'm so irritating.

Forever alone since '99.
Old July 14th, 2011 (04:34 AM). Edited July 14th, 2011 by Lord_Storm.
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

Okay, Thanks KoboraX. I'll get on it.

Current progress:

Kanto: Fearow lv42
Johto: Spinarak x
Hoenn: Aron x
Sinnoh: Shinx x
Unova: Pansage x

Update 1:
Spoiler:
-I started the game, naming myself Chez and my rival Stoopid, and left to start my adventure. After I obtained Wanda the Spearow, I grinded it to lv10 and took on Stoopid

-I then headed up through Viridian Forest, battling as many pokemon as I could as I knew Brock would be tough. I grinded to lv18 to make sure Spearow was strong enough to survive two Rock Tombs from Onix and then just growled and used potions to win.

-I battled my way through Mt Moon, which was easy as Wanda was WAY overlevelled, coming out of the cave at lv24, so I went to challenge Misty straight away. She was very easy, taking out Staryu with a single Fury Attack, and Starmie with four Pursuits.

-I headed north, only to find Stoopid, who's pokemon all went down with a single peck other than Pidgeotto, who took two hits.

-I then met Bill, went to Vermilion and got on SS Anne. I met my rival there, whose team was only a few levels higher than the last battle, while Wanda had grown massively. Nothing stands in her way, especially with Secret Power.

-I then went to catch myself a HM slave, and caught Flashcut the Oddish, obviously for HMs Flash and Cut. After that, I went to find the luitenant of lightning, the Star of surges. The one, the only Lt. Surge. His guards had nothing on Wanda, I just had to cut off the power to get to him. Finally, I challenged him. Then came the three OHKO's. He went down.

-Unluckily, I only had 4 species of pokemon so I couldn't get flash, but that didn't matter. Its only a terrifying and obscenely dark cave filled with massive rock snakes. The path to Rock Tunnel provided Wanda with a bit of training at the perfectly accurate Aerial Ace. I also got lost pretty bad in Rock Tunnel, but I made it out after a while, almost half way to lv100. I stopped here for today, and decided to take a small break on my adventure.

Wanda:

I will update when I continue with my challenge.
Old July 14th, 2011 (05:34 AM).
abrar14
Booted out - don't be like me!

i'd like to do one but can i choose my own pokes?

MY POKES

KANTO-KRABBY
JOHTO-BAYLEEF
HOEEN-SALAMENCE
SINNHO-CRANIDOS
UNOVA-PETTIL
Old July 14th, 2011 (05:37 AM). Edited July 14th, 2011 by Lord_Storm.
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

You can do that challenge on your own without this thread. This thread is to get random pokemon given to you that you might not normally use. Which is why the maker gives you the pokemon.
Old July 14th, 2011 (05:40 AM).
abrar14
Booted out - don't be like me!

ok thanks but i dont want to start my games again so do you know ant good roms
Old July 14th, 2011 (05:43 AM).
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

Just find a game you want to play and google it.
Old July 14th, 2011 (05:51 AM).
KoboraX
Not a Stizh

Quote originally posted by phonastik:
Fantastic, thanks. May I switch the two regions, or is that not allowed?
Sorry I'm so irritating.
I'm not sure. Just "screw the rules" and do it anyway.

Old July 14th, 2011 (05:54 AM).
phonastik
Strange Quark

Sure lol. Thanks

I'm gonna try and update my progress, but no promises.

Forever alone since '99.
Old July 14th, 2011 (11:31 AM).
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
Apologies for delayed updates, my internet has been out and I have to use the library. But, anyway, I finished the Platinum section and am working on Black. I am currently uploading progress videos linked below. I forgot to record Elesa, so... sorry. Also, this challenge will be temporarily put on hold as I have run into computer issues.

Staraptor VS E4
Staraptor reaches Lv100
Patrat VS Cilan
Watchog VS Lenora
Watchog VS Burgh
Old July 15th, 2011 (02:43 AM).
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

Um, I just realised, I was given Spinarak, which is a pokemon Gold only pokemon and I'm playing on silver. Could I be given a replacement please. (:
Old July 15th, 2011 (05:40 AM).
켄니씨
>Insert C.U.T Here<

Sure!

Ledyba you get

Bid you good luck ;P
Old July 15th, 2011 (06:13 AM).
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

How could I tell it would be that. The one I didn't want. Oh well, its called a challenge for a reason. Thanks. (:
Old July 15th, 2011 (06:54 PM).
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

Update 2(Johto):
Spoiler:
Did all the starting crap, named myself Chez, got the mystery egg and lost to ??? cause I never trained. I named him Stoopid and hacked in a Ledyba as it's night time on the game and Ledyba's only appear in the morning. Named Ledyba Popper and started my journey to Violet City.
It wasn't long before I noticed Popper's ability to die very easily, so I started grinding him up a bit.
Soon Popper had reached lv 8 and learned Supersonic, so I thought it was time to head north towards the trainers on the route.
Even then, he fainted against Youngster Mikey once, but steamrolled him the second time. The bug Catcher was a breeze, but Popper was low on health. Wade was also very easy, but he poisoned Popper, so I went to Violet Pokemoncentre. I then headed over to sprout Tower.
Popper levelled up to lv10 in the first battle, and had improved greatly since I first obtained him.
Popper fainted against one of the Sage's Hoothoots because he ran out of PP, but it didn't take long to run back up there. Sage Li proved to be easy other than Hoothoot, which almost killed Popper, but Popper won in the end. Now I just have to worry about the gym.

After consecutive losses against the first trainer's spearow, I decided to train Popper a bit. Upon lv15, Popper learnt Comet Punch, so I decided to try again at the gym.
Popper defeated the two trainers easily with Comet Punch, so I healed and Challenged Falkner. I lost once, but on the second try, I defeated him with ease.

I headed south towards Union Cave, battling through all the trainers. None of the them stood a chance against Popper, and by the time they were all defeated, Popper was a lv18 Ledian.
In my first battle, I realised how tough Union Cave would be, as Popper almost fell to the hiker's Onix. The next hiker's Geodudes weren't half as strong as the Onix, and Popper defeated them with more than half of his health left.
I taught Popper Swift with the TM I found in the cave and continued towards the exit, smashing a Vulpix with Comet Punch, but then Popper fainted from a Rock Throw from a Geodude.
After arriving at Azalea, I went to see Kurt, defeated Team Rocket, and fought Stoopid, whose Gastly proved to be a problem as Popper's moved couldn't hit and had to defeat it with Supersonic.

I then went to challenge the gym, which was incredibly easy, even Bugsy, whose pokemon went down in a few swifts.

I entered Ilex forest and helped get the Farfetch'd back, obtained Cut and caught Slave I the Oddish, and taught it Cut and flash. I went and grabbed TM02 Headbutt from a guy and replaced Popper's tackle with it.
I got out of the forest, grabbed the TM for sweet scent and headed north towards Goldenrod. When Popper got to lv24, I decided not to have him learn Light Screen, Reflect and Safeguard and just continued.
I arrived at Goldenrod, and went to the underground to challenge the trainers down there, raising Popper to lv26. I healed up and went to find Whitney. The gym trainers were pathetic and Whitney wasn't much better going down with a few Supersonics and headbutts.

I headed north after getting my radio card and grabbed Kenya, the spearow. I proceded to battle the trainers in my path, training Popper even more. I got to the Sudowoodo, who took a bit of effort to beat, but was not too hard. So I healed up in Violet, grabbed Rock Smash and headed towards Ecruteak.
I then taught Popper Rollout and Dig for the next gym, but I stopped playing for the day.

Popper/Ledian:
Old July 17th, 2011 (06:04 AM).
jespoke
Challenge Forum Stalker

Quote originally posted by Lord_Storm:
Update 2(Johto):
Spoiler:
Did all the starting crap, named myself Chez, got the mystery egg and lost to ??? cause I never trained. I named him Stoopid and hacked in a Ledyba as it's night time on the game and Ledyba's only appear in the morning. Named Ledyba Popper and started my journey to Violet City.
It wasn't long before I noticed Popper's ability to die very easily, so I started grinding him up a bit.
Soon Popper had reached lv 8 and learned Supersonic, so I thought it was time to head north towards the trainers on the route.
Even then, he fainted against Youngster Mikey once, but steamrolled him the second time. The bug Catcher was a breeze, but Popper was low on health. Wade was also very easy, but he poisoned Popper, so I went to Violet Pokemoncentre. I then headed over to sprout Tower.
Popper levelled up to lv10 in the first battle, and had improved greatly since I first obtained him.
Popper fainted against one of the Sage's Hoothoots because he ran out of PP, but it didn't take long to run back up there. Sage Li proved to be easy other than Hoothoot, which almost killed Popper, but Popper won in the end. Now I just have to worry about the gym.

After consecutive losses against the first trainer's spearow, I decided to train Popper a bit. Upon lv15, Popper learnt Comet Punch, so I decided to try again at the gym.
Popper defeated the two trainers easily with Comet Punch, so I healed and Challenged Falkner. I lost once, but on the second try, I defeated him with ease.

I headed south towards Union Cave, battling through all the trainers. None of the them stood a chance against Popper, and by the time they were all defeated, Popper was a lv18 Ledian.
In my first battle, I realised how tough Union Cave would be, as Popper almost fell to the hiker's Onix. The next hiker's Geodudes weren't half as strong as the Onix, and Popper defeated them with more than half of his health left.
I taught Popper Swift with the TM I found in the cave and continued towards the exit, smashing a Vulpix with Comet Punch, but then Popper fainted from a Rock Throw from a Geodude.
After arriving at Azalea, I went to see Kurt, defeated Team Rocket, and fought Stoopid, whose Gastly proved to be a problem as Popper's moved couldn't hit and had to defeat it with Supersonic.

I then went to challenge the gym, which was incredibly easy, even Bugsy, whose pokemon went down in a few swifts.

I entered Ilex forest and helped get the Farfetch'd back, obtained Cut and caught Slave I the Oddish, and taught it Cut and flash. I went and grabbed TM02 Headbutt from a guy and replaced Popper's tackle with it.
I got out of the forest, grabbed the TM for sweet scent and headed north towards Goldenrod. When Popper got to lv24, I decided not to have him learn Light Screen, Reflect and Safeguard and just continued.
I arrived at Goldenrod, and went to the underground to challenge the trainers down there, raising Popper to lv26. I healed up and went to find Whitney. The gym trainers were pathetic and Whitney wasn't much better going down with a few Supersonics and headbutts.

I headed north after getting my radio card and grabbed Kenya, the spearow. I proceded to battle the trainers in my path, training Popper even more. I got to the Sudowoodo, who took a bit of effort to beat, but was not too hard. So I healed up in Violet, grabbed Rock Smash and headed towards Ecruteak.
I then taught Popper Rollout and Dig for the next gym, but I stopped playing for the day.

Popper/Ledian:
Teach it some punches from the Department store, its special attack is better than its attack, and the moves arn't bad too
Bug: X - 2/8

On hold: Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Water: White 2 - 2/8

Old July 17th, 2011 (01:37 PM).
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

Thanks, I completely forgot about that. :D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links