The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 15th, 2011, 01:50 AM
Metal Electric
Whut?

I just bought a flashcard for my DSi so I can play GBA games on it.
I really like shiny hunting on it, and my question is: Can I still shiny hunt on the games when I'm playing them on the emulator of the Supercard DSTWO?
Because the problem is, the Real Time Clock doesn't work in FireRed and LeafGreen and I want to know if this has something to do with finding shinies trough Soft Reseting and Random Encountering. Thanks for the anwers. =3
Old May 15th, 2011, 02:28 AM
gameplayer56
Loving Latias Forever

Nature: Calm
If I can remember correctly, it really doesn't affect it in any way nor does it had to do with SR or random encounter, in fact FR & LG doesn't have a real time clock.

I will edit my sig some other time, since I'm lazy to do it right now.

Last edited by gameplayer56; May 15th, 2011 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Left out some info.
Old May 15th, 2011, 02:41 AM
Metal Electric
Whut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameplayer56 View Post
If I can remember correctly, it really doesn't affect it in any way nor does it had to do with SR or random encounter, in fact FR & LG doesn't have a real time clock.

Ok, and you're right. Only R/S/E have that in fact. But I think you will get the message that the internal battery has run dry when I'm gonna play Sapphire on the emulator, then it will have effect on encountering shinies trough SR and RE, isn't?
Old May 15th, 2011, 02:45 AM
gameplayer56
Loving Latias Forever

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Electric View Post
Ok, and you're right. Only R/S/E have that in fact. But I think you will get the message that the internal battery has run dry when I'm gonna play Sapphire on the emulator, then it will have effect on encountering shinies trough SR and RE, isn't?
Even with that, the chances of SR or RE is not increased nor decreased.
Edit: In fact, you can actually google the effects when the internal battery had ran dry.

I will edit my sig some other time, since I'm lazy to do it right now.
Old May 15th, 2011, 03:36 AM
Metal Electric
Whut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameplayer56 View Post
Even with that, the chances of SR or RE is not increased nor decreased.
Edit: In fact, you can actually google the effects when the internal battery had ran dry.

Thanks for the answers, I hope everything will be okay when I get the flashcard. (:
Old May 15th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Sydian
you burn with us

Nature: Timid
Good luck with that. In the future, please as questions about emulators in the Emulation forum. This forum is for the actual games.

paired to peeta
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links