• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to report post comments?

marcc5m

what
Years
Needs 25 characters so I'll repeat myself; How do I report post comments as being rude/disrespectful?

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Why would you bother? If you're gonna let anonymous feedback get to you... you really need to toughen up.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Just tell a higher staff member and they can check and see who the comment was from and determine something from there. That's the best solution I can think of.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I looked into your post comments and determined that it'll need a discussion with other higher staff for a reason I'm not comfortable stating.

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
slightly off topic, but, can I ask who made a certain post comment, just for my curiosity? Or is it reserved for more serious situations?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
No. It's reserved for staff for the purpose of keeping the anonymity of it and making it capable of moderators moderating them. It also reduces the purpose of flaming someone through them just because you got something you didn't like. Though, I must say, I don't understand why moderators specifically have that ability. Oh well.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Why would you bother? If you're gonna let anonymous feedback get to you... you really need to toughen up.

Regardless of whether or not you let anonymous feedback get to you, it's arguably more important to let the person flaming others anonymously that it's not okay to do such a thing. Even if you don't give it any importance and/or meaning to yourself, you should still say something to the upper staff so they can do something about this person who thinks that post comments can be abused to anonymously flame other people.

marcc5m

what
Years
So can they be reported then? Because I just got another one from presumably the same person regarding this thread.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Well, yeah. Like everyone else said, tell a staff member because if they really are that horrible, you don't want the posting to continue. Plus, you have all the evidence you need. :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
So can they be reported then? Because I just got another one from presumably the same person regarding this thread.
Your most recent one is absolutely fine. There's nothing disrespectful in it. But the one before is being dealt with accordingly.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Regardless of whether or not you let anonymous feedback get to you, it's arguably more important to let the person flaming others anonymously that it's not okay to do such a thing. Even if you don't give it any importance and/or meaning to yourself, you should still say something to the upper staff so they can do something about this person who thinks that post comments can be abused to anonymously flame other people.

This is a good point and I am slightly baffled as to why I didn't think of it before posting here.

Back