The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 22nd, 2011, 10:19 AM
Renii
Se(Renii)ty

Advertise here
In a different language. I translated them for you.

I'm out of the initial shock
The first time this happened, I don't think I care that much though
Old June 22nd, 2011, 12:55 PM
NurseBarbra
くら くら?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NurseBarbra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renii View Post
I'm not being a sympathy-wh*re. I'm just super annoyed. This happened today:
http://img42.imageshack.us/i/capturejpy.png/
They sound so not like 17 year olds, do they?
They sound like ignorant fluff heads with nothing but the most absent minded and confounded beliefs. So what if you're bi. It's not like you're shoving your sexual orientation at them, you're not being bi AT them, Why should one little aspect of yourself have to make you lose friends, It's not like you being bi affects them and drastically changes who you are currently as if "OMG HE LIEKz Bois! Dnt Toch meh!"... And most likely they've thought about other guys and girls aswell, your just who you are, Don't change yourself to please others because everyone gets hurt in the end. [/rant]
Old June 22nd, 2011, 01:04 PM
aRedMoon
Wait for me outside the lines
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aRedMoon Send a message via Skype™ to aRedMoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl.Alt.Geak View Post
At what point in life did you come to realize you are [whatever sexual orientation you are]?
I was 6th grade, and I remember walking around in the hallway and going "He's hot." or "I'd do him."

It kinda clicked....

june 10, 2003 = registered at old pc
march 24, 2004 = registered at new pc
june, 2004 = modded ;;; august, 2004 = quit/fired (point of debate)
december, 2004 = banned ;;; december 2, 2005 = unbanned
june 10, 2008 = omg... five years!
june 10, 2012 = countdown to nine years on pc...
Old June 22nd, 2011, 03:06 PM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
Ugh I'm disgusted in those guys Renii. I'm reminded of a line from my blog, "The fact that we prefer penises does not mean that we want yours". You should tell them not to flatter themselves. One day, everybody will wake up.

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 03:25 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Nature: Timid
Quote:
I was 6th grade, and I remember walking around in the hallway and going "He's hot." or "I'd do him."
OMG YOU WERE THINKING THAT IN 6TH GRADE? ;o; So young, lol. Or maybe I was just sheltered. I didn't know how sex even worked til 10th grade. I mean, I knew the technical stuff, but I mean, I literally thought that a guy's penis slithered into a girl's vagina. And that's all she wrote. lol As for how homosexual sex would happen, I don't even think I wanna try to remember how I thought that was supposed to work out. XD; I was dumb, yeah yeah.

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Old June 22nd, 2011, 07:42 PM
aRedMoon

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aRedMoon Send a message via Skype™ to aRedMoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
OMG YOU WERE THINKING THAT IN 6TH GRADE? ;o; So young, lol. Or maybe I was just sheltered. I didn't know how sex even worked til 10th grade. I mean, I knew the technical stuff, but I mean, I literally thought that a guy's penis slithered into a girl's vagina. And that's all she wrote. lol As for how homosexual sex would happen, I don't even think I wanna try to remember how I thought that was supposed to work out. XD; I was dumb, yeah yeah.
I hit puberty early And had corrupting cousins. And I spent my childhood watching soap operas.

...yes, I can lay the blame anywhere. :3

Old June 22nd, 2011, 09:32 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Nature: Timid
Well I knew about sex when I was in 4th grade, but idk. I hit puberty in 6th grade, but eh, sex wasn't on the brain. XD; I guess I wasn't informed enough about it and wasn't really curious enough to know. OH WELL tales of a sheltered child etc.

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Old June 23rd, 2011, 08:19 AM
Renii
Se(Renii)ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseBarbra View Post
They sound like ignorant fluff heads with nothing but the most absent minded and confounded beliefs. So what if you're bi. It's not like you're shoving your sexual orientation at them, you're not being bi AT them, Why should one little aspect of yourself have to make you lose friends, It's not like you being bi affects them and drastically changes who you are currently as if "OMG HE LIEKz Bois! Dnt Toch meh!"... And most likely they've thought about other guys and girls aswell, your just who you are, Don't change yourself to please others because everyone gets hurt in the end. [/rant]
Awwweee... You're so cute when you're angry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
Ugh I'm disgusted in those guys Renii. I'm reminded of a line from my blog, "The fact that we prefer penises does not mean that we want yours". You should tell them not to flatter themselves. One day, everybody will wake up.
I made that clear. I was annoyed at them. They replied, "we were just confirming and publicly announcing that you are bi."
I am trying so hard to be angry... But the talk like 5 year olds

Quote:
Well I knew about sex when I was in 4th grade, but idk. I hit puberty in 6th grade, but eh, sex wasn't on the brain. XD; I guess I wasn't informed enough about it and wasn't really curious enough to know. OH WELL tales of a sheltered child etc.
You're still better off than people I know. They didn't hit puberty till they were 16. :O
Oh well I started puberty at around 9-10, so...
Old June 23rd, 2011, 01:45 PM
NurseBarbra
くら くら?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renii View Post
Awwweee... You're so cute when you're angry
Aw really? Thanks. So how is everyones summer so far? Mine has been Grand.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 09:33 PM
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
SF Pride is tomorrow, btw. Are any of you going?
Old June 24th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Esper

Oh, I'd forgotten it was tomorrow. I mean, I knew it was happening since my friend kept talking about saving up enough drinking money to go (because apparently Pride in SF is just an excuse to drink at 3 in the afternoon), but I already made plans and it seems like yet another year before I can actually see it in person.

deviantart blog pair
Old June 24th, 2011, 06:51 PM
aRedMoon

"History in the making! The New York state senate has just successfully passed the Marriage Equality bill with bipartisan support!"

--> "9 minutes ago" "You and 5,407 others like this."

Wow.

Old June 24th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Jubilation
lesbihonest

I just saw this on facebook too. I think it's amazing and a step in the right direction for equality!
Old June 24th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Alakazam17
I'm Too Nice. Deal With It.

Nature: Quirky
At what point in life did you come to realize you are [whatever sexual orientation you are]? Well, sexual orientation aside, while I didn't know the name for it until much later, I've known I was transgender since I was a baby. I had long hair until I started school, and for my first three Halloweens I was Raggedy Anne, a Native American princess, and the Queen of Hearts, respectively. Haha. I remember really accepting it and contemplating telling my parents when I was 7, but that never happened until I was 22. *sweatdrop*

As for sexual orientation, I wasn't really sure what to think growing up. When I was 11 I formally decided to keep my gender a secret "for the rest of my life," and since I wasn't a gay guy or a straight guy, and had no intentions of 'playing' either, I consequently denied myself from exploring my sexual preferences. I mistook dysphoria for attraction for the longest time, and finally accepted that I was straight when I was around 19.
Old June 24th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Katholic Nun

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRedMoon View Post
"History in the making! The New York state senate has just successfully passed the Marriage Equality bill with bipartisan support!"

--> "9 minutes ago" "You and 5,407 others like this."

Wow.
I just heard about this on Twitter too, I'm so excited! I literally cannot stop smiling, and I don't even live anywhere near New York! I made a thread about it in Other Chat, y'all should post!

How wonderful is it? We got New York!

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old June 25th, 2011, 06:15 PM
NurseBarbra
くら くら?
Community Supporter

Quote:
How wonderful is it? We got New York!
We SHOULD have the world....
Old June 25th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Katholic Nun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseBarbra View Post
We SHOULD have the world....
We should, but there's no need to be bitter about that in a such an awesome celebratory time! This could well be our ticket to the world!

EDIT: It seems fitting that my 666th post is in the LGBT thread. I should have put it in the atheist alliance, but oh well XD

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR

Last edited by Katholic Nun; June 25th, 2011 at 09:05 PM.
Old June 27th, 2011, 11:27 AM
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

SF Pride was scary yet fun at the same time.
Old June 28th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Ursula
have we got a deal?
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Ursula Send a message via Skype™ to Ursula
Quote:
We should, but there's no need to be bitter about that in a such an awesome celebratory time! This could well be our ticket to the world!
Especially when one considers the amendment o3o;

Anyway, I can't wait to go to Dallas Pride in September XD; I'm so excited.
Old June 28th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Jubilation
lesbihonest

I'm going to Minus18, it's a organisation which organises parties for gay and lesbian teens under 21 (straight people are allowed to come of course too!). This time it's a mask party ; D
Old June 29th, 2011, 11:03 PM
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

I have a question. Are any of you bothered by the use of the term "gay" to express disapproval. Example: "That's so gay."?

I'm not. I actually don't think that people should have to filter their language if they clearly didn't mean for it to be an attack on a group of people. I think that people need to lighten up and drop this whole politically correct nonsense where people can't speak their minds because it might offend someone.

There's a clear difference is using slurs to put down a homosexual and saying that something they disapprove of is "gay."

Remember, that word actually means happy, so technically, using it to mean homosexual is also an incorrect usage of the word.
Old June 29th, 2011, 11:33 PM
ソラ
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to ソラ
Quote:

OMG YOU WERE THINKING THAT IN 6TH GRADE? ;o; So young, lol.
Lol. My bestie, she knew she was a lesbian about when she was 9 years old. O.O sometimes I try to trick her to liking boys cause i have a crush on her lol.

I was probably around 13 - 15 when I figured out I was attractive to boys >.<
But I'm bisexual. ;3.
But I live more to the heterosexual side, But I do find boys attractive. But I'm not exactly "open" to it, since in the past I tried it, but I had @$$holes friends who would call out your fail, or anything they dont agree on, and bash it to you for your whole life. But the people I care about know I am, but just not everyone, basically it's non of their beeswax, man. Lol.

But I'd like to join tho :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
I have a question. Are any of you bothered by the use of the term "gay" to express disapproval. Example: "That's so gay."?

I'm not. I actually don't think that people should have to filter their language if they clearly didn't mean for it to be an attack on a group of people. I think that people need to lighten up and drop this whole politically correct nonsense where people can't speak their minds because it might offend someone.

There's a clear difference is using slurs to put down a homosexual and saying that something they disapprove of is "gay."

Remember, that word actually means happy, so technically, using it to mean homosexual is also an incorrect usage of the word.
Well that is an interesting question. I mean I use it. :x But I dont say it to my gay friends except my bestie who is lesbians, and she said "hey, I'm gay you know", and I said "I know, but I loooove you", and She said "I prefer you used, "That is so homosexual"", she said she uses it all the time.
But everyone knows the rapper Eminem, uses slurrs that offends homosexuality people. But he said in an interview the word "f@g" isnt really towards homosexual, he said when he was growing up, that word was throwed alot in battles, and raps. He also said "If you're Straight, Gay, White, Black, Fat or Skinny, If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you". So the word gay has two meanings too, Homosexual gay, and Happy Gay. But the slur for gay has been thrown around since i was in middle school and Highschool, its just grew on me when I'm like pissed like at this game "this is so gay" as in "Lame" not in a homophobic way. More of a lame, stinks, suck term. But mostly my friends who are gay dont care, they laugh and say it too, sometimes.

Last edited by ソラ; June 29th, 2011 at 11:39 PM.
Old June 30th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Esper

Quote:
When I hear people say "That's so gay" (though it's actually been quite a while since I've heard that so maybe the times are a-changing) I say things like "No, that's so straight" or "Yeah, it's totally attracted to _____ of the same sex." Basically, I make fun of them and try to make using the word in that context sound lame so no one will do it anyone. But yeah, it does bother me, partially because it's unconsciously hateful and partially because it's just a lazy/stupid use of English.

Now I'm curious. Does anyone hear stuff like that on a daily basis? I'd like to think we've kind of moved past that now.

deviantart blog pair
Old June 30th, 2011, 01:23 PM
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
When I hear people say "That's so gay" (though it's actually been quite a while since I've heard that so maybe the times are a-changing) I say things like "No, that's so straight" or "Yeah, it's totally attracted to _____ of the same sex." Basically, I make fun of them and try to make using the word in that context sound lame so no one will do it anyone. But yeah, it does bother me, partially because it's unconsciously hateful and partially because it's just a lazy/stupid use of English.

Now I'm curious. Does anyone hear stuff like that on a daily basis? I'd like to think we've kind of moved past that now.
This is where I disagree. I don't see it as hateful if it's not used in a context where it refers negatively to homosexuality. I just see it as slang. Just like the word "gay" developed a new meaning from happy to homosexual, this could be yet a new meaning. Slang terms have been added to the dictionary over time.
Old June 30th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Katholic Nun

Quote:
It doesn't offend me as such, but yeah it does bug me. Mostly because it's completely unnecessary, and when people used it in school it was clear that it did come from the homosexual meaning and was not a new meaning unto itself. We have enough words to express "bad", we don't need another one.

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here