The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old May 11th, 2012 (3:52 PM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant
"anus licking causes sepsis, and if antibiotics are not given within half an hour, people perish."
"gay people rarely live past 40"

Oh... my... god. This was the funniest video I have ever seen in my entire life. I want to watch the others but they're all like 15 minutes long each haha. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume this did not pass?

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 12th, 2012 (7:54 AM).
Scientist Salarian

Nature: Quirky
SUP PEOPLE. I am wanting to join this lovely group. I myself am pansexual; spent a few years being very confused until I realised this (including thinking I was gay before actually realising I was attracted to one of my guy friends; I even did the whole coming out thing to my parents). People assume I'm bisexual but it's rare for me to be attracted to someone just for their looks or having bumps in certain places.

SO HI EVERYONE.

Also that video reminds me of the articles posted by a 'Christian' website who claim that Skyrim makes you want to 'partake in homosexual activities' after you play it. I expect it's already been posted/ discussed here~

Old May 12th, 2012 (8:16 AM).
Feel the hnnnnggg

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Magdalena~
That video. xDDDD
She really likes saying "perish".
That guy behind her is hilarious. xDDD
HIV is not a fungus. It's a virus. Lmao.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokusasu View Post
SUP PEOPLE. I am wanting to join this lovely group. I myself am pansexual; spent a few years being very confused until I realised this (including thinking I was gay before actually realising I was attracted to one of my guy friends; I even did the whole coming out thing to my parents). People assume I'm bisexual but it's rare for me to be attracted to someone just for their looks or having bumps in certain places.

SO HI EVERYONE.

Also that video reminds me of the articles posted by a 'Christian' website who claim that Skyrim makes you want to 'partake in homosexual activities' after you play it. I expect it's already been posted/ discussed here~
Welcome, Roku! :D Well, you know the drill. Here's your new member crown.

^-^ Enjoy your time here in the Rainbow Connection!, and remember, always stay crunchy! :D
I'm pretty sure Skyrim does make you want to partake in homosexual activities, because I've always wanted to everytime I played it.

I'll try and come up with a funny homophobic video myself. Hmmmm.

Okay this one is really less funny than actually sad and unfortunate, but it's funny too, right? ;; -I feel bad now omg-
#167: Spinarak - The String Spit Pokémon
Bug/Poison ~ Bug eggs
1'08" ~ 18.7lbs ~ 50/50

It lies still in the same pose for days in its web,
waiting for its unsuspecting prey to wander close.

Abilities: Swarm or Insomnia or Sniper
Moves: String Shot, Scary Face, Shadow Sneak, Pin Missile
Locations: Routes 2, 30, 31, 37 (night)
Cry
Other names:

jp: イトマル (Itomaru)
de: Webarak
fr: Mimigal
ko: 페이검 (Pe'igǒm)
Old May 12th, 2012 (8:47 AM).
Avengers Assemble!

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to PokeGirlBel
Looks like a good club to join. You can call me Bel. I'm not an actual girl but like to be called/treated like one? Besides that I like cute stuff and kinda at times go into an emo mode not sure if that is a sexuality thing even though my friend claims emos tend to be gay or bi. TBH I don't think that is true but I could be wrong. I also enjoy poppy music like Carly Jepsen and Victoria Justice. Not into rap or rock. Again not sure if that is just taste or something with sexuality. But yeah I think I'm bi and trans.
Old May 12th, 2012 (10:17 AM).
Without love it cannot be seen.

Nature: Relaxed
Can I join? ;A; I'm bisexual and live in the deep south (Texas), but I'm still in the closet lol. So it'd be nice to have people to talk to about stuff like this!

Also, I have to add that I currently have the biggest crush on Jenna Talackova. <3 She's such a wonderful woman and I'm so happy with what she's doing for the trans* community.
Old May 12th, 2012 (12:17 PM).
The fun shawl be doubled!

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TwiDragon Send a message via Skype™ to TwiDragon
Yeah, thanks guys; I feel a bit better about that. It was an experience, and I have had friends who had gone through phases where they thought they where either bisexual, or straight out "gay".

One thing that has been making me a bit aggravated is that friends online are kind of bringing this up, and even using this against me in some cases. I know there online and all, but people you know; are still people you know.

Also, you two above me. Welcome and such.
Here is your cake, but I kind of ate it....... >.>
Old May 12th, 2012 (12:37 PM).
Feel the hnnnnggg

Oh wow the new member flood gates have opened. xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeGirlBel View Post
Looks like a good club to join. You can call me Bel. I'm not an actual girl but like to be called/treated like one? Besides that I like cute stuff and kinda at times go into an emo mode not sure if that is a sexuality thing even though my friend claims emos tend to be gay or bi. TBH I don't think that is true but I could be wrong. I also enjoy poppy music like Carly Jepsen and Victoria Justice. Not into rap or rock. Again not sure if that is just taste or something with sexuality. But yeah I think I'm bi and trans.
Welcome welcome! :) Those things you mentioned don't have anything to do with sexuality--just taste. But it's nice to have so many new people! :D
Here is your new member crown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cowboy View Post
Can I join? ;A; I'm bisexual and live in the deep south (Texas), but I'm still in the closet lol. So it'd be nice to have people to talk to about stuff like this!

Also, I have to add that I currently have the biggest crush on Jenna Talackova. <3 She's such a wonderful woman and I'm so happy with what she's doing for the trans* community.
Welcome to you as well! Unfortunately I'm out of new member crowns right now (someone didn't give theirs back yesterday >.>) so you'll just have to share with Bel! Play nice, you two! o3o

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiDragon View Post
One thing that has been making me a bit aggravated is that friends online are kind of bringing this up, and even using this against me in some cases. I know there online and all, but people you know; are still people you know.
Don't worry about it. You are who you are and there's nothing you or they can do about it. Bygones are bygones. Just think of that phase as just another adventure in life. :D For instance, once I was playing football in school and I broke my wrist and had to have surgery to have pins put in it so the bone could grow back properly. Now I look back on it as a fond memory because that was the first time I ever had surgery, and even though it suuuuucked not being able to write for a while, I'll admit I enjoyed the surgery itself.
. . . Not really sure where I was going with that, but yes! ADVENTURE! :D
Bug/Poison ~ Bug eggs
1'08" ~ 18.7lbs ~ 50/50

Cry
Other names:

Old May 12th, 2012 (12:46 PM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiDragon View Post
Yeah, thanks guys; I feel a bit better about that. It was an experience, and I have had friends who had gone through phases where they thought they where either bisexual, or straight out "gay".

Also, you two above me. Welcome and such.
Here is your cake, but I kind of ate it....... >.>
That just confuses me. Would they rather you just pretend to be someone you're not so they can feel comfortable that they can pigeonhole who you are? I mean, it's not like you knew and were messing with them for fun, so it's not your fault. They're being illogical.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old May 12th, 2012 (3:07 PM). Edited May 13th, 2012 by CarefulWetPaint.
Doctor Lobotomy
Crystal Tier

Hey guys saw this on the news just before: Gay Unions Risk to Kids - Cheif Psychiatrist

What do you think? I think it is ridiculous someone whose on the equal opportunity board of Australia can even say or think something like that. Its just so wrong to say that.
Old May 12th, 2012 (4:08 PM).
The fun shawl be doubled!

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TwiDragon Send a message via Skype™ to TwiDragon
Allright, thanks guys.

Now I may be getting the wrong message in return; but I'd just like to clarify. I was going through a phase where I thought I was trans back in February, but that wasn't me. xD
Old May 13th, 2012 (4:48 AM).
Platinum Tier

Welcome to Rokusasu, PokeBelGirl and Space Cowboy! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeBelGirl
my friend claims emos tend to be gay or bi.
You know people will claim this is a stereotype, but in my experience I've also found this to be incredibly true lmao. To this day I don't think I've ever met a male emo who was straight. Just putting that out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cowboy
I'm bisexual and live in the deep south (Texas)
I always did fancy me a Southern boy...
Oh you're a girl nvm

Also CWP, fix yo link.

Old May 13th, 2012 (5:24 AM).
Doctor Lobotomy
Crystal Tier

Sorry guys, didnt realise it was broken, I just fixed the link for you all to check out, I think its pretty relevant to recent discussion in the thread.
Old May 13th, 2012 (7:34 AM).
Super ModeratorCS

FILM TIME! :3

I remembered this really sweet short film from years ago and thought I would re-find it to share.

It's a good reminder to us that although there is a lot of negativity surrounding gay rights, etc., that times are changing - already we are becoming a generation of acceptance and change.

We tend to think of the gay-issue as being a US/UK orientated thing around here, especially with all the recent news, so here is a Vietnamese video about coming out. It shows a nice transition from childhood to teenage years, and I have a feeling many will relate.

Old May 13th, 2012 (11:10 AM).
Hug bear wants hugs
Silver Tier

WTF are psychiatrists and medical professionals doing going around saying that gay marriage should be banned? Oh wait.

Do kids with a mother and father do better overall? Maybe. Is that strictly because there is one male parent and one female parent and not, say, because they are more accepted by society than gay or single parents and are therefore statistically more likely to have support from family and employers, religious institutions and, apparently, the medical field as well? I mean, COME ON. If kids had THREE parents they'd be even better off so why don't these doctors push to make sure that all kids are raised by three parents. No, make that FOUR. Four would be even better. IT'S FOR THE CHILDRENS , DUMB****S!

Plava Laguna
1710 CP

Speed Bump
1117 CP

Punk Pink
971 CP

Calcifer
1476 CP

Nutcracker
1027 CP

Hollering
834 CP

Old May 13th, 2012 (10:19 PM).
Platinum Tier

omg we should so do stuff like "Gay Movie Sunday" or "Transfilm Tuesday" XDDD

I really enjoyed the first one. Despite the fact that the old man presumably never got to live his life as he should have been able to, it was a fantastic representation of what's changed between now and the 40s. That made me really happy to watch , I loved the little smile on the old man's face at the end as he watched the two men hold hands. That was sweet and I imagine him mentally saying a devious little "**** you" to his father XD.

The second video made me lol a bit. It was a good video with a great message but the production quality was kinda bad haha. It's the kind of acting and dialogue you'd see on a PSA or an insurance commercial lmao.

Also, I'm oddly unfazed by CWP's link. Because I know that for every psychiatrist who says that gay marriage is detrimental to society, there are probably about fifteen who are just waiting in the wings to contradict them. And the latter are psychiatrists who are actually worth their salt, since 'not judging' is kind of in the job description of a psychiatrist lol.

Though I do agree with what Scarf said: even if what that woman was saying were true, why does every ****ing little thing have to pass the 'good for children' test before it's OK by society. Children are not everything, they are not even 20% of everything. There are people other than children who live in this world, and they count just as much.

Old May 14th, 2012 (4:02 PM).
Avengers Assemble!

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to PokeGirlBel
This may sound odd but I am curious since I know I'm trans and all. Whats the best way to get the voice down? I heard someone say its best not to speak until its a true girl voice but the thing is I know lots of girls and they have different voices. Like one has a real deep one and some have super high. So how do I know when its "there"?
Old May 15th, 2012 (4:19 PM). Edited May 15th, 2012 by Magdalena~.
Feel the hnnnnggg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
FILM TIME! :3

I remembered this really sweet short film from years ago and thought I would re-find it to share.

It's a good reminder to us that although there is a lot of negativity surrounding gay rights, etc., that times are changing - already we are becoming a generation of acceptance and change.

We tend to think of the gay-issue as being a US/UK orientated thing around here, especially with all the recent news, so here is a Vietnamese video about coming out. It shows a nice transition from childhood to teenage years, and I have a feeling many will relate.

Those are some nice videos. :3 I mean the acting of the second one isn't exactly 100% but I don't mind. xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
WTF are psychiatrists and medical professionals doing going around saying that gay marriage should be banned? Oh wait.

Do kids with a mother and father do better overall? Maybe. Is that strictly because there is one male parent and one female parent and not, say, because they are more accepted by society than gay or single parents and are therefore statistically more likely to have support from family and employers, religious institutions and, apparently, the medical field as well? I mean, COME ON. If kids had THREE parents they'd be even better off so why don't these doctors push to make sure that all kids are raised by three parents. No, make that FOUR. Four would be even better. IT'S FOR THE CHILDRENS , DUMB****S!
Yeah. -_- That's my second least favourite argument. My very least favourite is "I'm Christian and am serious about my religion; therefore I am offended by that".
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeGirlBel View Post
This may sound odd but I am curious since I know I'm trans and all. Whats the best way to get the voice down? I heard someone say its best not to speak until its a true girl voice but the thing is I know lots of girls and they have different voices. Like one has a real deep one and some have super high. So how do I know when its "there"?
I'm not the best person to ask on this since I've done absolutely no work whatsoever on my voice, but you can check this site out. The basic idea is that it's not tone but actually resonance that makes a voice sound "male" or "female". Guys usually speak in their lower throat and chest; girls usually speak in their throat or head. Some girls have lower voices than some men but don't sound like men; this is because their resonance is still in a "female" range even though the tone is lower.

P.S.: I think the practice of "not speaking" altogether until you have a "passable" voice is a bit marginalising, but it is your choice of course. It all depends on how important passing is to you, and how much it hurts you to be read as male.
Bug/Poison ~ Bug eggs
1'08" ~ 18.7lbs ~ 50/50

Cry
Other names:

Old May 17th, 2012 (12:54 AM).
Platinum Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
If anyone has a spare 10 minute they should probably watch this video. Shows exactly why gay marriage needs to be allowed.

(p.s. keep tissues nearby)
I was watching E! News about an hour ago (because it is interesting and informative and the only type of news show anybody should ever bother with should they not wish to die of intense boredom :P) and the man who made that video was on there, talking about it. I thought it was awesome that E! News tied the video in with Obama's declaration of support for same-sex marriage, and gave Shane a chance to speak out on the issue. Also now it's an extra win against Tom's parents because now both he and clips of the video have appeared on international television, which would have gone directly against their wishes >:)

Old May 21st, 2012 (4:53 PM).
Kigo & Jori Shipper

I'm super Happy right Raven Symone the actress from the Disney show That so Raven came out. http://http://www.edgeonthenet.com/entertainment/celebrities/133259/raven-symone_answers_outing_story_::_&rsquo%3Bmy_sexual_orientation_is_mine&rsquo%3B I wish i could come out fully to all the people in my family without them freaking out or kicking me out the house.

Old May 21st, 2012 (5:03 PM).
Blue Neighbourhood

The videos were nice. I liked the Vietnamese one. It had a nice message and I was pleasantly surprised that I could understand a little more than half of it with my deteriorating handle of the language.
Old May 21st, 2012 (5:42 PM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungKnowledge View Post
I'm super Happy right Raven Symone the actress from the Disney show That so Raven came out. http://http://www.edgeonthenet.com/entertainment/celebrities/133259/raven-symone_answers_outing_story_::_&rsquo%3Bmy_sexual_orientation_is_mine&rsquo%3B I wish i could come out fully to all the people in my family without them freaking out or kicking me out the house.
That was reported in a tabloid ;x

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1685420/raven-symone-gay-rumors-sexual-orientation.jhtml

Quote:
While Raven-Symoné neither confirmed nor denied the speculation on Friday, when she took to Twitter to open up about the rumor, she did make it clear that whatever she does in her personal life is her business.

"I'm living my PERSONAL life the way I'm happiest," she tweeted. "I'm not one, in my 25 year career to disclose who I'm dating. and I shall not start now. My sexual orientation is mine, and the person I'm datings to know. I'm not one for a public display of my life."

She continued that "however that is my right as a HUMAN BEing whether straight or gay. To tell or not to tell. As long as I'm not harming anyone. I am a light being made from love. And my career is the only thing I would like to put on display, not my personal life. Kisses!"
I wouldn't be so quick to believe what the National Enquirer says about any celebrity. :P

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old May 21st, 2012 (5:55 PM).
Kigo & Jori Shipper

sorry totally didn't know it was from on the National Enquirer I got it from ONTHEEDGE.net.

Old May 21st, 2012 (10:00 PM). Edited May 21st, 2012 by Shining Raichu.
Platinum Tier

That'd be pretty sweet if it were true though. They make a lovely-looking couple in that picture!

Also guys, rejoice! TODAY IS THE RAINBOW CONNECTION'S FIRST ANNIVERSARY! *rainbow balloons fly everywhere*

I'd like to take this opportunity to show what progress can be made in a year!

May 2011:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
I was devastated, it took me a while to forgive [Kathy Griffin] for that one. She's my favourite gay icon, even above Lady Gaga, and I can't accept that I'll have to live my life without a yearly fix of D-List antics - my new dream is for a show called "Kathy Lately". Think about how awesome that would be - it can air straight after Chelsea Lately lol
April 2012:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffington Post
Kathy Griffin's new weekly talk show "Kathy" (Thu., 10 p.m. ET on Bravo) premiered Thursday night.

As expected, the potty-mouthed comedian and her friends had plenty to say about the "Real Housewives Of Atlanta" reunion that aired right before, but even Griffin had a hard time upstaging the nasty Kim vs. Marlo fight that took place.

Griffin also tried out a few new ideas to shake up the talk show format, such as saying "**** off!" instead of "Welcome back" after an ad break, and she added some of her trademark stand-up.

Old May 21st, 2012 (10:11 PM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
Just for the lulz:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2n7vSPwhSU (This is actually very offensive, I just find it funny because of how stupid it is. So, yeah... there's your warning.)

There's just too many things to make fun of in this video. I laughed so hard at how "again it" he is. Also, he seems to think lesbians, queers, and homosexuals are three separate things.
Old May 22nd, 2012 (7:26 AM).
Hug bear wants hugs
Silver Tier

And if you want to have some background on this video, here is an article.

If I were feeling generous I would think this is just his misguided attempt to make a point about "gays not being able to reproduce" (which is stupid - they can reproduce, they just won't enjoy it) but since I don't feel generous I think it's jaw-droppingly shocking and terrible for anyone to suggest putting anyone in concentration camps.

Plava Laguna
1710 CP

Speed Bump
1117 CP

Punk Pink
971 CP

Calcifer
1476 CP

Nutcracker
1027 CP

Hollering
834 CP