Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Magdalena~
Feel the hnnnnggg

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Magdalena~

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
FILM TIME! :3

I remembered this really sweet short film from years ago and thought I would re-find it to share.

It's a good reminder to us that although there is a lot of negativity surrounding gay rights, etc., that times are changing - already we are becoming a generation of acceptance and change.

We tend to think of the gay-issue as being a US/UK orientated thing around here, especially with all the recent news, so here is a Vietnamese video about coming out. It shows a nice transition from childhood to teenage years, and I have a feeling many will relate.

Those are some nice videos. :3 I mean the acting of the second one isn't exactly 100% but I don't mind. xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
WTF are psychiatrists and medical professionals doing going around saying that gay marriage should be banned? Oh wait.

Do kids with a mother and father do better overall? Maybe. Is that strictly because there is one male parent and one female parent and not, say, because they are more accepted by society than gay or single parents and are therefore statistically more likely to have support from family and employers, religious institutions and, apparently, the medical field as well? I mean, COME ON. If kids had THREE parents they'd be even better off so why don't these doctors push to make sure that all kids are raised by three parents. No, make that FOUR. Four would be even better. IT'S FOR THE CHILDRENS , DUMB****S!
Yeah. -_- That's my second least favourite argument. My very least favourite is "I'm Christian and am serious about my religion; therefore I am offended by that".
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeGirlBel View Post
This may sound odd but I am curious since I know I'm trans and all. Whats the best way to get the voice down? I heard someone say its best not to speak until its a true girl voice but the thing is I know lots of girls and they have different voices. Like one has a real deep one and some have super high. So how do I know when its "there"?
I'm not the best person to ask on this since I've done absolutely no work whatsoever on my voice, but you can check this site out. The basic idea is that it's not tone but actually resonance that makes a voice sound "male" or "female". Guys usually speak in their lower throat and chest; girls usually speak in their throat or head. Some girls have lower voices than some men but don't sound like men; this is because their resonance is still in a "female" range even though the tone is lower.

P.S.: I think the practice of "not speaking" altogether until you have a "passable" voice is a bit marginalising, but it is your choice of course. It all depends on how important passing is to you, and how much it hurts you to be read as male.
#167: Spinarak - The String Spit Pokémon
Bug/Poison ~ Bug eggs
1'08" ~ 18.7lbs ~ 50/50

It lies still in the same pose for days in its web,
waiting for its unsuspecting prey to wander close.

Abilities: Swarm or Insomnia or Sniper
Moves: String Shot, Scary Face, Shadow Sneak, Pin Missile
Locations: Routes 2, 30, 31, 37 (night)
Cry
Other names:

jp: イトマル (Itomaru)
de: Webarak
fr: Mimigal
ko: 페이검 (Pe'igǒm)

Last edited by Magdalena~; May 15th, 2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old May 17th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
If anyone has a spare 10 minute they should probably watch this video. Shows exactly why gay marriage needs to be allowed.

(p.s. keep tissues nearby)
I was watching E! News about an hour ago (because it is interesting and informative and the only type of news show anybody should ever bother with should they not wish to die of intense boredom :P) and the man who made that video was on there, talking about it. I thought it was awesome that E! News tied the video in with Obama's declaration of support for same-sex marriage, and gave Shane a chance to speak out on the issue. Also now it's an extra win against Tom's parents because now both he and clips of the video have appeared on international television, which would have gone directly against their wishes >:)

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old May 21st, 2012, 04:53 PM
YungKnowledge
Kigo & Jori Shipper

Nature: Relaxed
I'm super Happy right Raven Symone the actress from the Disney show That so Raven came out. http://http://www.edgeonthenet.com/e..._mine&rsquo%3B I wish i could come out fully to all the people in my family without them freaking out or kicking me out the house.

Old May 21st, 2012, 05:03 PM
Subsonic
Safe in My Hands

The videos were nice. I liked the Vietnamese one. It had a nice message and I was pleasantly surprised that I could understand a little more than half of it with my deteriorating handle of the language.

Credit: Allstate + Eli Lieb
Old May 21st, 2012, 05:42 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungKnowledge View Post
I'm super Happy right Raven Symone the actress from the Disney show That so Raven came out. http://http://www.edgeonthenet.com/e..._mine&rsquo%3B I wish i could come out fully to all the people in my family without them freaking out or kicking me out the house.
That was reported in a tabloid ;x

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/168...entation.jhtml

Quote:
While Raven-Symoné neither confirmed nor denied the speculation on Friday, when she took to Twitter to open up about the rumor, she did make it clear that whatever she does in her personal life is her business.

"I'm living my PERSONAL life the way I'm happiest," she tweeted. "I'm not one, in my 25 year career to disclose who I'm dating. and I shall not start now. My sexual orientation is mine, and the person I'm datings to know. I'm not one for a public display of my life."

She continued that "however that is my right as a HUMAN BEing whether straight or gay. To tell or not to tell. As long as I'm not harming anyone. I am a light being made from love. And my career is the only thing I would like to put on display, not my personal life. Kisses!"
I wouldn't be so quick to believe what the National Enquirer says about any celebrity. :P
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old May 21st, 2012, 05:55 PM
YungKnowledge
Kigo & Jori Shipper

sorry totally didn't know it was from on the National Enquirer I got it from ONTHEEDGE.net.

Old May 21st, 2012, 10:00 PM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

That'd be pretty sweet if it were true though. They make a lovely-looking couple in that picture!

Also guys, rejoice! TODAY IS THE RAINBOW CONNECTION'S FIRST ANNIVERSARY! *rainbow balloons fly everywhere*

I'd like to take this opportunity to show what progress can be made in a year!

May 2011:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
I was devastated, it took me a while to forgive [Kathy Griffin] for that one. She's my favourite gay icon, even above Lady Gaga, and I can't accept that I'll have to live my life without a yearly fix of D-List antics - my new dream is for a show called "Kathy Lately". Think about how awesome that would be - it can air straight after Chelsea Lately lol
April 2012:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffington Post
Kathy Griffin's new weekly talk show "Kathy" (Thu., 10 p.m. ET on Bravo) premiered Thursday night.

As expected, the potty-mouthed comedian and her friends had plenty to say about the "Real Housewives Of Atlanta" reunion that aired right before, but even Griffin had a hard time upstaging the nasty Kim vs. Marlo fight that took place.

Griffin also tried out a few new ideas to shake up the talk show format, such as saying "**** off!" instead of "Welcome back" after an ad break, and she added some of her trademark stand-up.

Last edited by Sodom; May 21st, 2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old May 21st, 2012, 10:11 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
Just for the lulz:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2n7vSPwhSU (This is actually very offensive, I just find it funny because of how stupid it is. So, yeah... there's your warning.)

There's just too many things to make fun of in this video. I laughed so hard at how "again it" he is. Also, he seems to think lesbians, queers, and homosexuals are three separate things.
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Old May 22nd, 2012, 07:26 AM
Esper

And if you want to have some background on this video, here is an article.

If I were feeling generous I would think this is just his misguided attempt to make a point about "gays not being able to reproduce" (which is stupid - they can reproduce, they just won't enjoy it) but since I don't feel generous I think it's jaw-droppingly shocking and terrible for anyone to suggest putting anyone in concentration camps.

deviantart blog pair
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:11 AM
Magdalena~
Feel the hnnnnggg

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Magdalena~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
TODAY IS THE RAINBOW CONNECTION'S FIRST ANNIVERSARY! *rainbow balloons fly everywhere*
:DDDDD YAY! CELEBRATE! I'm so happy!
I remember . . . -sniff- when this club was just starting out. -sniff- And . . . -bursts into tears and is unable to continue-
I'M SO PROUD OF THE RAINBOW CONNECTION!!! ;w;

Guys I made you cupcakes :D

EVERYONE ENJOY :DDDDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
Just for the lulz:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2n7vSPwhSU (This is actually very offensive, I just find it funny because of how stupid it is. So, yeah... there's your warning.)

There's just too many things to make fun of in this video. I laughed so hard at how "again it" he is. Also, he seems to think lesbians, queers, and homosexuals are three separate things.
Normally I have no trouble being amused by something like that, but it's the fact that people are cheering that really bothers me.
Putting people in concentration camps? UGH D:

Anyway to avoid a repeat of the dead silence we had for a very long time just recently (happens every time I post lol), I'd like to introduce a few topics:

Are you in any GSA's or LGBT clubs publicly, or some online other than the Rainbow Connection? Tell us about them.

and:

Out of the people you've come out to, whose reaction surprised you the most? Please do tell us details. :D

Anniversary questions!!!! :D
#167: Spinarak - The String Spit Pokémon
Bug/Poison ~ Bug eggs
1'08" ~ 18.7lbs ~ 50/50

It lies still in the same pose for days in its web,
waiting for its unsuspecting prey to wander close.

Abilities: Swarm or Insomnia or Sniper
Moves: String Shot, Scary Face, Shadow Sneak, Pin Missile
Locations: Routes 2, 30, 31, 37 (night)
Cry
Other names:

jp: イトマル (Itomaru)
de: Webarak
fr: Mimigal
ko: 페이검 (Pe'igǒm)
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:36 AM
Oryx
Community Supporter

I'm a part of the 4 to 5 Movement at my school, which is centered around the idea that 4 out of 5 college-educated people between the ages of 18 and 30 support the general package of gay civil rights. It's been trying to get our school to be less backwards in this regard, because as progressive as it can be, it still is really conservative on LGBT issues. I don't really go to the meetings though, because idk anyone in the club so it would be really awkward for me haha.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old May 22nd, 2012, 09:54 AM
Yoshikkko

Well, I just wanna ask, what if people don't support it? Isn't that their choice as much as it is if you do want to support something? If they don't act upon it (like hating, crimes, etc), then I don't see what the problem is.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 12:37 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdalena~ View Post
Are you in any GSA's or LGBT clubs publicly, or some online other than the Rainbow Connection? Tell us about them.

I joined emptyclosets.com for a bit, but there wasn't really enough to keep me occupied there. Hopefully there will be a LGBT club at the college I'm going to.
Quote:
Out of the people you've come out to, whose reaction surprised you the most? Please do tell us details.
I've really only came out to my parents, and I think my mom actually took it way better than my dad, which was surprising. My mom is religious, and my dad isn't, but my dad looked like he had saw a ghost when I told him.
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Old May 22nd, 2012, 05:07 PM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

-noms on delicious cupcake-

I kind of want to laugh at that video myself, but it is very hard. The "again it" thing is hilarious, as his most of his speech but I agree with Magdalena that the cheers from the crowd disturb me somewhat. The fact that people are so without common sense and will still in 2012 just blindly believe what a pastor tells them is truly troubling.

~Now if we just gather North Carolina's churchgoers and put them in a big electric fence~

Quote:
No, I'm not actually. Where I live, there isn't really much in the way of LGBT rights activism - I just live in a coastal area away from the front lines of anything - so there isn't really an opportunity. There are equal rights rallies every now and then in Sydney that I see posted on Facebook and I'd like to go but they're always on Saturdays when I work and it's a long train-ride to Sydney as well lol.

Quote:
Out of the people you've come out to, whose reaction surprised you the most? Please do tell us details. :D
I feel so boring in that I've had no surprises either lmao. Everybody I've told reacted exactly the way I expected they would. One of my friends had a little trouble with it for a day or two just because the fact that I'd flown under the radar for so long made her question how well she really knew me and if we were really that close, but after that she was fine. I was a little surprised by what she took issue with out of the whole thing... but I guess that was the biggest surprise I've had thus far lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshikkko
Well, I just wanna ask, what if people don't support it? Isn't that their choice as much as it is if you do want to support something? If they don't act upon it (like hating, crimes, etc), then I don't see what the problem is.
That's absolutely their choice, and people exercise that choice every day - so I'm not sure I totally understand your question. If you're asking whether it's acceptable not to support gay rights because we live in a free world where people are allowed to think what they like, then yes I suppose technically it is acceptable to society. It isn't, however, acceptable to me.

What the people who choose that path need to understand is that even though this is a free world, there are still consequences for every choice we make. For instance, if somebody wishes to be my friend and does not support any part of who I am, then the consequence is that they don't get to be my friend (and that is a huge deal - I'm kind of a catch! ).

On the grander scale, if people choose not to accept the LGBT community then they are part of the problem, and they will come out on the wrong side of history. So that's the consequence there lol.

Old May 23rd, 2012, 08:39 AM
NP
Help, I'm alive

Nature: Naughty
COMIC NERD POST, FAIR WARNING:
So...if you guys have not heard yet, Dan DiDio has announced that in June he will make one of the major DC legacy characters gay. Everyone is suspecting it will be Batman because of what Grant Morrison, a DC writer, told Playboy, "[Batman is] very plutonian in the sense that he's wealthy and also in the sense that he's sexually deviant. Gayness is built into Batman. I'm not using gay in the pejorative sense, but Batman is very, very gay. There's just no denying it."

For those of you into speculation: So, what do you think, will the dark knight finally get to be open about his sidekick? Will Northstar get a new buddy? (I know, he's Marvel.) Or will it be some other character?

Personally, I'm not too happy that they're going to "change" a major character. I mean, it just seems like a giant publicity stunt and I'd rather a new gay character to join the ranks than "changing" an old one.

But if they really are going to go through with this, why not classic Mr. Wayne:

"Getting out of bed with Robin, Wayne says, 'Ah that was good sleep! C'mon Dick, a cold shower, a big breakfast!'"

(Would of posted the actual comic panel, but I was link-blocked ;x)
(No, I don't think he would actually be the "new gay one."

Last edited by NP; May 23rd, 2012 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Clarifying.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 08:44 AM
Oryx
Community Supporter

I don't feel like they'd make Batman gay. I mean there's been speculation about it for decades but they've made such a clear point that he's not gay...and with the movies coming out and his huge amount of popularity, I really don't think the franchise would allow him to make such a major change to a character when they finally hit a formula that makes Batman popular with the general public. ;o

AQUAMAN
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old May 23rd, 2012, 08:49 AM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
I'm a part of the 4 to 5 Movement at my school, which is centered around the idea that 4 out of 5 college-educated people between the ages of 18 and 30 support the general package of gay civil rights. It's been trying to get our school to be less backwards in this regard, because as progressive as it can be, it still is really conservative on LGBT issues. I don't really go to the meetings though, because idk anyone in the club so it would be really awkward for me haha.
Haha, package. /regressed to a 12 y/o

If you know, what kinds of things are people trying to do at your school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post

I joined emptyclosets.com for a bit, but there wasn't really enough to keep me occupied there. Hopefully there will be a LGBT club at the college I'm going to.
If you're going to a public school it's almost certain to have one, though how big it is (oh, I'm on a roll) will depend on the school. Even lots of private schools will have supportive people as evidenced by Toujours' school which is Catholic iirc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshikkko View Post
Like they're neutral on the issue? No one is expecting everyone to go out and march and all that, just that you don't try to stop us from getting laws and things to support us fairly.

People actively opposing gay rights are kind of jerks.

Edit: re: gay batman

The "red" costume. Sure, Robin. Sure.

deviantart blog pair

Last edited by Esper; May 23rd, 2012 at 08:53 AM. Reason: gay batman
Old May 23rd, 2012, 09:19 AM
Oryx
Community Supporter

LOL@edit reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
Haha, package. /regressed to a 12 y/o

If you know, what kinds of things are people trying to do at your school?
The biggest thing they're trying to get right now is the nondiscrimination clause at our school since right now it says that Notre Dame doesn't discriminate against people based on race, sex, all these other things but not sexuality. Aaaand trying to become an actual club because ND has never actually allowed a club like this before. We had a minor step forward at least because we got a deferral instead of a rejection this year, the first deferral of club status ever at the school haha.

And then they have talks and candlelight vigils and last year they made this:

Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old May 23rd, 2012, 04:26 PM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NP View Post
COMIC NERD POST, FAIR WARNING:
So...if you guys have not heard yet, Dan DiDio has announced that in June he will make one of the major DC legacy characters gay. Everyone is suspecting it will be Batman because of what Grant Morrison, a DC writer, told Playboy, "[Batman is] very plutonian in the sense that he's wealthy and also in the sense that he's sexually deviant. Gayness is built into Batman. I'm not using gay in the pejorative sense, but Batman is very, very gay. There's just no denying it."

For those of you into speculation: So, what do you think, will the dark knight finally get to be open about his sidekick? Will Northstar get a new buddy? (I know, he's Marvel.) Or will it be some other character?

Personally, I'm not too happy that they're going to "change" a major character. I mean, it just seems like a giant publicity stunt and I'd rather a new gay character to join the ranks than "changing" an old one.

But if they really are going to go through with this, why not classic Mr. Wayne:

"Getting out of bed with Robin, Wayne says, 'Ah that was good sleep! C'mon Dick, a cold shower, a big breakfast!'"

(Would of posted the actual comic panel, but I was link-blocked ;x)
(No, I don't think he would actually be the "new gay one."
The speculation about Batman and Robin is as old as the Batman comics themselves, so I think to make a version of Batman who is gay wouldn't be all that harmful. The writers of the comics put in little things on purpose that you can speculate about (thus is the nature of ho yay) but always stop short of confirming anything. So if they're going to make a character gay, I think it would be kinda cool if Batman were it. It'd give a payoff to the fans of Batman who've been wanting it for so long haha.

As to your objections to them changing a character, I also don't see the big deal. There is no such thing as canon in comic books - I'm not even a comic book fan and I know that. The stories are written and re-written over and over again so as a consumer it basically gives you the freedom to choose which version of the story you want to believe as true. What's the problem where having one version of one franchise where the character is written as gay? It's all down to how each new writer interprets the character.

Old May 23rd, 2012, 04:45 PM
NP
Help, I'm alive

Nature: Naughty
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against homosexuality, I'm just saying that I personally don't like that they will be altering a character purely to feed the media, changing a character who was probably straight to begin with for years. I'm just not a fan of that.

I get what you're saying though.

Last edited by NP; May 23rd, 2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 04:49 PM
YungKnowledge
Kigo & Jori Shipper

Quote:

and:

Anniversary questions!!!! :D
I'm not any public GSA or LGBT because I haven't find one in my town. I live in Tennessee so yeah but I have search online for one close to me.

I have came out to only a few people in my family and a couple of really close friends. I came out to my mom but she said its just a teenage quirk I'll grow out of it. I'm 20 now and still haven't grown out of it. I told a cousin I thought I could trust but went out told almost anyone who would listen. That cousin's mom told my mom that why I had to come out to her. My two best friend know and my brother know.

Old May 24th, 2012, 02:13 AM
voltianqueen
WITH SEAWATER

Seems like announcing gay Batman is... Well, I dunno, for some reason I feel like something bad will happen.. Imagining my parents' voices XD
And lol omg the red costume. Red....

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungKnowledge View Post
I live in Tennessee
Hello, friend!
CHARMELEON! WAR-TOR-TLE
Old May 24th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
The biggest thing they're trying to get right now is the nondiscrimination clause at our school since right now it says that Notre Dame doesn't discriminate against people based on race, sex, all these other things but not sexuality. Aaaand trying to become an actual club because ND has never actually allowed a club like this before. We had a minor step forward at least because we got a deferral instead of a rejection this year, the first deferral of club status ever at the school haha.

And then they have talks and candlelight vigils and last year they made this:
That's pretty nicely made video there. (But it sounds so weird that they say "Noter Dayme".) Your school is shooting itself in the foot by drawing this out and I hope they realize that soon.

And going back to gay batman I'm all for that. I'm also all for batman not being gay. I don't really care for the media publicity. "Oooo~! We have a gay comic book character. Look at us." But I guess I shouldn't judge since I don't know if it was the comic people who made a big deal of this or some news people who asked and then made a big deal of it.

deviantart blog pair
Old May 24th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Oryx
Community Supporter

It's probably the comic people that made a big deal of it, because of the gay marriage arc coming up at Marvel. Since those two are so competitive with each other, that would just add fuel to the fire and have DC seen as ultra-conservative compared with liberal, enlightened Marvel so they had to "announce" it.

Also everyone says Notre Dame here D; it's an American school even though it's named in French! Notruh Dahm is the church.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old May 24th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Kurui
Kageroza's Waifu

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kurui Send a message via Skype™ to Kurui
Join please! <3

Now my stance on this:

While I am a Christian and do not support gay 'morally' or what have you, my Christianity is what I more of see as Christian and that is someone who loves everyone as if they were themselves, and who does NOT judge, as that is God's duty and not mine. Even Christ came to the harlots and greedy and well, anything most Christians HATE today, and offer them compassion just like they were any other human beings, so that is what I will do too.

Now I was raised in a home where my parents were very religious, and they hate me because I'm friends with everyone. I was subjected to physical and emotional torture and abuse for having gay and transgender friends. I think for people to call themself Christian after treated another one of God's creation that way is disgusting. Yes, God did not intent them to be gay, but He did create them as human beings so..........Nobody is any better than others, or any worse. I think God frowns upon holier than thou types just as much as any other sin, because those people are usually fulls of themselves and by way of judging and proclaiming death or things on others, have set themself up to be their OWN idols. When we take God's power to judge a person lifestyle and condemn we are playing GOD which was also prohibit by His word.

I think to show Christianity as a way of hate is very opposite to what real Christianity is. Jesus die for EVERYONES sin! The ultimate act of LOVE.

So I'd like to come in as a Christian support, not that i support BEING gay but that I support out of love for people and their free wills and rights. And hopefully prove that true Christian is not bullies. <3
<3 PC's BARMY GIRL <3
//
Blog Lyric Art \\
"Yor barmy...."
"o.o What's that?"

"Tha' means yor nu's, yor froo' loops, yor BANANAS!"

R.I.P. KAGEROZA. </3 T_T
I am Shi-Orihime Inaba on FailFacebook.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here