The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 18th, 2012, 05:55 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Advertise here
I personally think the sexual relationship has to be discussed between the involved parties so everyone understands what's going on to minimise the chance of hurting people or people just getting used. I agree with Kura though - Safe Sex, No Regrets!

On another topic :
Salvation Army Parent Company against gays - Salvation Army distances itself from the comment

Heres another link that could be relevant to this discussion if anyone is interested:
Christian Leaders Unite against Gay marriage.

What do you guys think about this?
Personally I think it is ridicolous that that parent company/organisation even said that! But it does show decent change by the Salvo's since they are trying to distance themselves from the comment and be more accepting (In a way).

Last edited by CarefulWetPaint; June 18th, 2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old June 18th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
I think it's ridiculous that an organisation like the Salvation Army even has a parent company. It seems like the sort of thing that should be a parent company.

The thing is though, even if they backtrack and change that statement for the Australian branch, it's not going to make a difference. The damage is done. You'd still be donating money to a less-publicly-homophobic branch of an internationally homophobic company. They've really done themselves a disservice. I will never donate to them again, ever, and I will discourage others from it also. For as long as I live.

Now, this business with the other Australian churches. It's expected, so I'm not too angry, but I did hope for better. I heard somewhere though that 75% of Australians are in favour of gay marriage, so hopefully something comes of that. I think most people are already decided on the issue and no pamphlet their church hands them will really change that. Less people go to church now than those who don't bother with it, so I'm hoping that as mighty as they like to think themselves, their hate speech won't really make much of a difference to the debate in the end.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old June 18th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefulWetPaint View Post
I personally think the sexual relationship has to be discussed between the involved parties so everyone understands what's going on to minimise the chance of hurting people or people just getting used. I agree with Kura though - Safe Sex, No Regrets!

On another topic :
Salvation Army Parent Company against gays - Salvation Army distances itself from the comment

Heres another link that could be relevant to this discussion if anyone is interested:
Christian Leaders Unite against Gay marriage.

What do you guys think about this?
Personally I think it is ridicolous that that parent company/organisation even said that! But it does show decent change by the Salvo's since they are trying to distance themselves from the comment and be more accepting (In a way).

Christian leaders unite againsed gay marriage? that does not look so good for the gay people out there /:
I dont understand why they would do that though, the christians are supposed to be the people that are watching out for people like that, not uniting againsed them and being d-bags

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
Old June 18th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Epitaph93
Intermediate Digidestined

Nature: Calm
I'm straight, but I'm one of the few people in my home town that supports all gay rights. I've never actually met or had a conversation with a homosexual, but I am nonetheless a proud support of the whole community.

I'm from a small town in Texas where everyone is Christian and follows the bible to the word(except when it conflicts with their own view of course), most of which are strongly against same sex couples.

I'd just like to tell anyone who is from a town like mine, and is surrounded by bigots, that there are people standing behind you, whether you know it or not.
I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
Old June 20th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Welcome Epitaph that's a really sweet thing to say. And it's always great to see hackers venturing out into other areas of the forum :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichob10
Christian leaders unite againsed gay marriage? that does not look so good for the gay people out there /:
I don't think it really looks that bad for the gays. I'm certainly not shaking in my boots. The thing about a resistance forming is that it makes the other side rally even harder - and if we need to fight we will. People hide behind religion to excuse their own bigotry, but I'm confident they'll find out that we can be just as tough if we have to be.

I'm not sure how healthy that 'us and them at war' mentality is, but I'm prepared to uphold it until such a time as we have everything we shouldn't have to ask for

Old June 21st, 2012, 09:34 AM
Esper

Soooooo... this weekend is Pride in San Francisco and since I happen to live close to SF and I've never been I'm gonna see if I can crash the party. I know from a friend that a lot of it is hyped up beyond what it could be, but I still think I should see it for myself. If it gets too crowded there's plenty else I can do, too, but I'll let y'all know what it's like if I end up going.

deviantart blog pair
Old June 21st, 2012, 11:48 AM
Counterfeit

Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Skype™ to Counterfeit
I've undergone constant confusion regarding my sexuality. I'm bisexual but with the amount of people that disregard bisexuals as people just seeking some attention, or just curious and experimenting, I didn't know where I stood at all for a very long time.

On more than one occasion I wouldn't admit my real sexuality and instead just say that I was either gay or straight (depending on whether I wanted them to know I was into guys) in fear that they wouldn't believe me and think I was the same as those who I had seen in school using the word so frivolously. :|

What made it more confusing is that I was usually far more romantically interested in guys than sexually, and played up the majority of my apparent sexual attraction so as not to offend. Whereas both criteria were met far more often with females.

I started to believe that maybe I was just curious, and so I never let myself have a sexual encounter with a guy in fear that it turned out that was the case and I hurt someone's feelings.

Recently however I've become completely sure of my sexuality. This was due to a very pleasant dream involving a me and another guy, who I'd always been romantically interested in, resulting in sticky surprise down south upon waking up. (Previous to this my dreams exclusively featured females)

Just like that a switch was flipped; I now knew that I was without a doubt sexually attracted to males as well, with the mess in my pants to prove it.
It's been a huge boost in confidence and has helped greatly with interacting with other guys now that I know for definite that I want to stick my junk in their trunk.

So... yeah, sign me up. :]

Last edited by Counterfeit; June 21st, 2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 08:21 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Yay we got ourselves a Joey! Consider yourself signed up!

That has to be quite honestly my favourite joining post ever haha. I'm glad you finally figured it out, even if it were a little later than it could have been. Tempted though I am to ask for more details about the dream, I will just move right along XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf
Soooooo... this weekend is Pride in San Francisco and since I happen to live close to SF and I've never been I'm gonna see if I can crash the party. I know from a friend that a lot of it is hyped up beyond what it could be, but I still think I should see it for myself. If it gets too crowded there's plenty else I can do, too, but I'll let y'all know what it's like if I end up going.
Please do! Parades were never my thing - they seem so loud and obnoxious and everybody seems to think being almost naked is what you have to do to show pride (which, while providing a decent helping of eye candy, is not really the message I want the gay community conveying) so it'll be interesting to see if it's really as horrible as I imagine it haha

Old June 22nd, 2012, 11:47 AM
Moogles
better than u
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Haha omg that's such an awesome joining story. I really don't have any words for it.

I'll be attending the local pride festival in my town. I don't think I can make all of the events since I'm taking a summer course though. The theme is "Phoenix" since it has something to do with rebirth. There's going to be drag shows and whatnot, and I think it'll be a neat thing to see, since I've never really... been to any of those things. I'm looking forward to it. We'll see if it turns into a thing that I really enjoy or not.

On a completely unrelated note, I figured I'd share this gif with you. I can't read the rest of the club, so you guys may have seen it. It's still fun though, hehehe.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Honestly, Moogles, your posts are so nigh impossible to understand that I cannot help but just scratch my head. I know you’re trying to be clever and cute with your outright… pitiful writing style, but I’ll… try to tackle whatever drivel you said.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 10:16 AM
Esper

And in other news, a Prop 8 supporter who testified in favor of it when it went to court has had a change of heart and is now for same-sex marriage instead of against it. [read]

He still says some things I don't agree with, but acknowledged that fighting gay marriage doesn't do anything to strengthen straight marriage, which is, well, obvious and always has been.

deviantart blog pair
Old June 26th, 2012, 02:35 PM
TomSucka
Tom

Send a message via Skype™ to TomSucka
I would love to join! How may I do so?
Old June 26th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Magic

Looks like Oreo have thrown themselves in to the firing line now:

There are talks of people boycotting Oreo, but apparently they don't realise that the company branches into more than just biscuits.

Spoiler:

Old June 26th, 2012, 03:58 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
I was just coming here to post that. lol

If they actually made oreos that looked like that, I might try one. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSucka View Post
I would love to join! How may I do so?
You just did. All you have to do is start posting and be part of the community.

So, welcome to the club! :D
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Last edited by QuilavaKing; June 26th, 2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 26th, 2012, 04:30 PM
TomSucka
Tom

Send a message via Skype™ to TomSucka
You just did. All you have to do is start posting and be part of the community.

So, welcome to the club! :D[/QUOTE]

Cool beans!
Old June 26th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

@Scarf, that can only help the Prop 8 lawsuit, right? To have their own witnesses begin to turn against them? I have to say I like that - this person is my hero of the day

@TomSucka you just did! I will add your name to the list right now

And yeah, I heard about the Oreo thing yesterday and I was uber excited about it because any show of support is a good show.

I was talking to a few people about it and one of them raised concerns that the motives were not altruistic - that they don't really give a crap about gay rights and are just using it as a marketing campaign to sell cookies. To which I say: who gives a crap? A good gesture is a good gesture, no matter what the motivation. Do woodland creatures care if their forest home was saved by an old lady who bought the land as a tax write-off? No. They just care that they get to stay in the forest and not die.

As for the boycott, I don't think the Oreo company are shaking in their boots somehow lmao. Even if they weren't a massive conglomerate with a stake in too many things for a person to effectively boycott, they have no need to worry. Oreos are too delicious to stay mad at for too long.

Maybe the company should diversify into condoms? They'd make a killing.

Old June 26th, 2012, 07:29 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Funny thing is that I already haven't bought any Kraft products in years. lol

I gotta stop boycotting them! (Except I kinda can't, because they like only sell unhealthy stuff. lol)

The Volcano Pokemon

Old June 27th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Esper

I guess having a big corporation supporting gay people is good. If they actually do. I mean, they could just be doing it for publicity, hoping that more new people will buy their products than will stop buying them. I bet a much higher number of gay and gay-supportive people know about this than anti-gay people.

And regarding Prop 8, I don't think it's going to have any effect since Prop 8 is most likely going to the Supreme Court and in the last few years the court has been making stupid decisions (like saying that corporations can donate unlimited money to political candidates while remaining secret).

Yes, the glass is half empty.

deviantart blog pair
Old July 1st, 2012, 01:56 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I NEVER POST HERE WHY

The rainbow Oreo is cute. idk why i called a cookie cute but w/e.
Old July 1st, 2012, 02:03 PM
Railgun
Ever Day Another New Adventure

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
Funny thing is that I already haven't bought any Kraft products in years. lol

I gotta stop boycotting them! (Except I kinda can't, because they like only sell unhealthy stuff. lol)
Well I mean its not the question of banning unhealthy things from your system its more of how you handle them.

I know for me I eat junk food everyday and don't get fat visible but I can pounds on the scale. It just never shows which is really weird tbh. However I totally see where your coming from

As for people boycotting cookies due to makers having an open mind....idk I guess its how the cookie crumbles. It's kinda sad that a bunch of people are fighting a cookie. But it seems the cookie is winning and as long as people are being support and not bashing I guess life is good. Its when people start bashing and trolling in real life that things get out of hand. I guess wishing for the best is the only possible thing to do at times.
Old July 1st, 2012, 02:13 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Well, I want to be healthy, not just thin, so I exercise a lot and eat as healthy as possible. Absolutely no junk food/candy/dessert/fried food at all, ever. I already only weigh 120lbs at 6', but my family(on both sides) tends to be super thin when they're young, and then get really fat when they get older, so I'm making sure it doesn't happen to me. lol

(I know this is off topic, but we haven't been getting very many posts anyway... maybe we could get a little more traffic if we let people go off topic a little more/talk about their personal experiences/etc.)

Speaking of which, anyone care to give us an update on how they're doing as far as coming out/dating/other lgbt related stuffs?

The Volcano Pokemon

Old July 1st, 2012, 02:50 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Speaking of which, anyone care to give us an update on how they're doing as far as coming out/dating/other lgbt related stuffs?
I came out to another friend a few days ago who just simply replied with 'knew it'. ): NOT THAT OBVIOUS TBH. But yeah, they were a close friend and I trust them so why not?

Also play.com is trying out me by showing the history of what I looked at. (i went into the lgbt movie section) s t o p
Old July 1st, 2012, 03:04 PM
Railgun
Ever Day Another New Adventure

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
Pretty much at a stand still. My family is acting like if they ignore it it will go away. kinda one of the reason I want to move out. however at the same time i'd feel bad since my aunt is old and needs my grandma for everyday help and my grand,a is old since she is 86. i mean for her age she is doing great but if she got a cold or something one day nobody would be able to take care of my aunt. So really can't move out or get married so yea... So for me its an awkward period.
Old July 1st, 2012, 03:04 PM
EmeraldSerenade
h a n a m i

Nature: Naughty
Anyone ever been in that situation where you end up falling in love with your best friend but they would never go out with you because they didn't feel the same way? And they don't think you're bisexual? Cause I've been in that situation for the past 3 months looooooooooooool x)
Old July 2nd, 2012, 10:11 AM
Esper

Quote:
My girlfriend's job gives her some health insurance and they let her cover a spouse or domestic partner. You don't even have to be either legally as long as you live together. So, at least as far as my insurance is concerned, I've been domestic partnershipped. x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldSerenade View Post
Anyone ever been in that situation where you end up falling in love with your best friend but they would never go out with you because they didn't feel the same way? And they don't think you're bisexual? Cause I've been in that situation for the past 3 months looooooooooooool x)
Is your best friend bi/gay and if they knew you were bi would that change things?

deviantart blog pair
Old July 3rd, 2012, 05:48 PM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing
Pretty much everybody in my life knows, with the exception of my parents and my sister. I'm trying to save the bombshell for the perfect moment, because I only ever get to play it once and when I do I want it to be absolutely awesome lol. If I find myself in a situation where I can plan it out with enough advance notice, I might even see if I can voice record it on my iPhone for all of your enjoyment

And while the people in my life know, I have about 300 Facebook friends I went to high school with but who I'm not close enough with to bother telling - so I'd like to make an awesome production of it on Facebook when the time is right too. I'm gonna do this so ostentatiously. I may even involve a barber shop quartette.

You only get to do this once, you might as well do it right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldSerenade
Anyone ever been in that situation where you end up falling in love with your best friend but they would never go out with you because they didn't feel the same way? And they don't think you're bisexual? Cause I've been in that situation for the past 3 months
No, I can't say that I have. I'd like to hear the answer to Scarf's question too, though.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here