< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Fan Clubs & Groups The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old October 23rd, 2012 (5:45 PM).
Conservative Patriot
Platinum Tier

Nature: Jolly
Anti-LGBT Minnesota amendment tied in the polls!
http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.ph...1_(2012)#Polls

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 24th, 2012 (7:30 PM).
Sugary Delight

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to SchwarzRozen
Its rather unfortunate that half of the state is for amendments that would encourage and cause more discrimination towards those LGBT citizens. Its so aggravating to see those numbers of people who are against it, maybe its because I grow up in an a more accepting area and homophobia and transphobia isn't seen as much as other places, but its sad to know that there is still at least half of the country that thinks we all don't deserve the rights of others.

You know, I'm going to assume that in the next twenty years (Assuming our leaders are those who support LGBT-ness) that the gates will open everywhere, and maybe a constitutional amendment towards marriage as well as transgender equality.

Oh on other news, I've confronted my friends on my thoughts in person; and I have to say that it went well.
~|FC - 2409-6359-0843|~
Old October 26th, 2012 (12:37 AM).
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
One presidential candidate in support of marriage equality, comin' at us on a silver platter. Meanwhile, if we imagine a world where Romney's in charge, I think we can wholeheartedly exaggerate that the United States would literally split in two.

Comments?

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old October 27th, 2012 (5:12 AM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant
Wow welcome back, Freaky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzRozen
Oh on other news, I've confronted my friends on my thoughts in person; and I have to say that it went well.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this XD. What do you mean you confronted them on your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornZero
One presidential candidate in support of marriage equality, comin' at us on a silver platter. Meanwhile, if we imagine a world where Romney's in charge, I think we can wholeheartedly exaggerate that the United States would literally split in two.
Wait wait, even the whole Obama support thing aside, does this mean we're about to take Washington?

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old October 27th, 2012 (5:06 PM).
Uh, I didn't do it
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzRozen View Post
Its rather unfortunate that half of the state is for amendments that would encourage and cause more discrimination towards those LGBT citizens. Its so aggravating to see those numbers of people who are against it, maybe its because I grow up in an a more accepting area and homophobia and transphobia isn't seen as much as other places, but its sad to know that there is still at least half of the country that thinks we all don't deserve the rights of others.
Where'd you get 'half of the country' out of half of a state?

Anyways, I live in Minnesota, and honestly, the 'Vote Yes' people are just plain annoying. There are more 'Vote No' commercials than 'yes', but I think the main thing is that the "vote yes'ers" have no idea what they are voting for.

Currently in Minnesota there is no legal gay marriage, in fact gay marriage was outlawed in 1997 by the Defense for Marriage Act (so yep, the same thing happened before). BUT several cities recognize CIVIL UNIONS AND MARRIAGES from other states, including Minneapolis and St. Paul. What this 'amendment' is proposing is that these cities can no longer recognize, nor can the state recognize same sex marriages from other states. It's not legalizing gay marriage, it's banning it... again.

My father is voting yes, and my mother was, but I think I put her back on the fence. My father's argument was so constrewed and made NO sense at all. He kept contradicting himself by saying things like, "I don't want the gov't to tell me what to do." When I tell him he just contradicted himself he just started to yell louder. He's one of those 'I was louder so I win' debaters. He then started to say how if we let gays get married then 'those somalis will be able to whatever they want', which makes no sense at all. I proposed the idea of giving civil unions the same rights as a marriage but outside the church, and he said "they don't deserve it."

The way the steam was coming out of his ears was pretty funny though. I love how my mom was looking at him like he was nuts.

Basically, as it is right now, I told her that voting no keeps things the same as they are. While voting yes bans it entirely and adds a new amendment to the state constitution. And I told her an AU theory, that what if same sex was the 'normal' and you were in the minority. How would you feel? That got to her I think.

Still think dad is nutso though.

Pretty damn safe to say I'm voting no.
Old October 27th, 2012 (9:46 PM).
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Rodriguezjames55
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornZero View Post

Comments?
Lie gary johnson also supports gay marrige and WILL make an exective order and best part churches dont have to comply win-win
(im strait just love spreading gary johnson to the people unaware who CAN vote damn age limit)
Old October 28th, 2012 (9:22 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
Wait wait, even the whole Obama support thing aside, does this mean we're about to take Washington?
Andy, just in case you forgot here's a reminder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX0990 View Post
Where'd you get 'half of the country' out of half of a state?
Well, about half of the US is against gay marriage. More young people are for it though, so when all the stodgy old people die we'll probably get better people running the governments across the country who will get rid of all those stupid bans.
タコゾネス
The Galigo Region * Avatar
Old October 29th, 2012 (12:11 AM).

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
I'm not from the US, and I don't really know what's going on there regarding gay rights/marriage. I just wanted to say that I hope the outcome of the coming elections will affect gay rights in a good way only.

Old October 29th, 2012 (8:23 AM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
Well, if Obama wins, nothing will change, if Romney wins, things will move backwards, and if Gary Johnson wins, Gay marriage will become legal on the federal level.

So, basically we're going to be moving backwards.
Old October 30th, 2012 (7:15 AM).
Sugary Delight

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to SchwarzRozen
Well, I'm starting to accept myself more towards being MtF Transgender, I know the direction I need to go, and its towards the other gender. I'm still kind of confused and feeling quite weird about it, so I'm still somewhat genderqueer, but as for the gender I want to be identified with, it shawl be female~

Just thought I should tell the Rainbow-ers, this as I know theres a few people out here on this site who are trans*, or have gone through wonderful transformations already! I feel like if I say this update, I can connect to you guys a bit more~
~|FC - 2409-6359-0843|~
Old October 30th, 2012 (8:45 AM).
Arr ... shiver me timbers!
Silver Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzRozen View Post
Well, I'm starting to accept myself more towards being MtF Transgender, I know the direction I need to go, and its towards the other gender. I'm still kind of confused and feeling quite weird about it, so I'm still somewhat genderqueer, but as for the gender I want to be identified with, it shawl be female~

Just thought I should tell the Rainbow-ers, this as I know theres a few people out here on this site who are trans*, or have gone through wonderful transformations already! I feel like if I say this update, I can connect to you guys a bit more~
Oh yay!

It's always good to take the first few steps into making an effort to understand yourself My advice to you is to not jump into any serious labeling or identification. That'll only hurt you down the road when you reach a couple road bumps.

For example, I have always been gay, but I didn't accept that until 14, and didn't understand it until halfway or three-fourths of the way into being 16. I wasn't really comfortable with what it meant for my life, and it constantly made me question who I was. Just be concerned with being comfortable and on good terms with yourself.

What I'm saying in a nutshell is, don't ever be anything but yourself. If you're focused on presenting yourself a certain way concerning your trans*-ness, then you're over-thinking it. Well, that's at least my philosophy with being gay. I don't know if it applies the same way to trans*, but it's still a good principle anyway.

And of course if you have any questions, I'm sure all of us are more than willing and able to answer them. Here's to your self-discovery!

*Clink glasses*

*Drinks*

*Chugs*

*Things are about to get interesting*

*Oui oui oui mon ami*
PKMN Collector Elwood (キヨシ Kiyoshi)

"The Abstract Gambler!"

»» Paired with Golgari ««

»» Quoted on The Underground's Splash ««

»» Please, Ask Me Anything ««

»» Official Credit Page ««

Old October 30th, 2012 (4:45 PM).
Platinum Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
Andy, just in case you forgot here's a reminder.
LOL. That's confusing for a non-American! Your naming system is ridiculous. Who puts the capital of a country in freaking Maryland? But yes I did remember, I was just wondering if we were about to take down another state haha.

---

And that's fantastic, SchwarzRozen! Thanks to watching Will & Grace as a kid, I had an easier time of accepting my homo than Kiyoshi did, and was pretty much instantly fine with it when I figured it out at age 12, but everything he said makes sense. I know for a long time I was concerned with how I presented myself being gay, because I was really afraid of being seen as a stereotype. But once I figured out for myself that I was a person rather than a stereotype it seemed to matter less what other people thought. There are many aspects to everybody and I'm sure there are many things about you that are far more interesting than your gender, and people will be sure to see it!

Old October 30th, 2012 (11:32 PM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

For me, it just popped out of nowhere when I was 19. lol
Old October 31st, 2012 (4:24 AM).
Platinum Tier

Did you wake up one morning and feel fabulous?

Old October 31st, 2012 (10:41 AM).
Silver Tier

Andy wakes up every morning and feels fabulous.

I do hope we see good things this election in America, with Washington and elsewhere. I still have this bitter taste in my mouth from the Prop 8 mistake 4 years ago.

SchwarzRozen, you just keep on acceptin' yourself. I had some trouble doing that for myself, but you're doing it all fine.
タコゾネス
Old October 31st, 2012 (6:26 PM).
Ever Day Another New Adventure

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
So I found out my school has a LBGT club and went to join today but it was not held due to the autumn festival we had but my question is does anyone know what one is like? I know it may be a dump question but curious if they talk a lot or if its more of a place to just chill and hang out
Old October 31st, 2012 (6:46 PM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Well every club is different, so we can't really tell you what yours is like. The best way to tell is just to go and see what they're doing :3

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old October 31st, 2012 (9:30 PM).
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Clubs are generally different, but I haven't seen a GSA that wasn't laid back in some way. Also, I have been very happy these past few days, for two reasons.

The first thing is that I finally got my driver's license!

The second is that both a man (at night) and a woman (in the middle of the day) called me "ma'am" when they were verifying my ID so I could get home (I live on a military base), and the woman said I had very pretty hair. ^_^ It was also hilarious hearing their apologies. [Honestly, I felt like it was a compliment.]

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old October 31st, 2012 (11:46 PM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

The club at my college didn't do anything really... they have a fundraiser once a year, and a cosplay drag show once a year, but otherwise, they just play games and talk about random stuff.

Quote:
The second is that both a man (at night) and a woman (in the middle of the day) called me "ma'am" when they were verifying my ID so I could get home (I live on a military base), and the woman said I had very pretty hair. ^_^ It was also hilarious hearing their apologies. [Honestly, I felt like it was a compliment.]
Lucky.
Old November 1st, 2012 (5:29 AM). Edited November 1st, 2012 by Shining Raichu.
Ever Day Another New Adventure

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
Ah thanks glad to hear they are more laid back then I thought. Part of me thought it would be more like making speeches and stuff.

As for crossdressing or dressing as female I did use Halloween as a chance to wear fake boobs and dress girly. Got some weird looks but I'm at the point I don't care if people look at me as long as I feel good about myself
Old November 1st, 2012 (6:10 AM).
Platinum Tier

I don't imagine they'd ever make somebody give a speech. The idae of a club is that you're meant to feel comfortable there, and I think it's widely known that there are very very few people in the world who feel comfortable giving a speech . I can see your logic, but I think you'll be fine

Old November 1st, 2012 (9:31 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote:
People get so mortified when they think they've called you by the wrong gender, like they're insulted your dear saintly grandmother. It's kind of funny when you step back and look at it. Like, you can be glad they care enough to give you the respect, but also you think, wow, they're putting way too much emphasis on this.
タコゾネス
Old November 3rd, 2012 (3:43 PM).
Son of a Snivy and a Zoroark

Nature: Docile
I'm back! I love how Gary Johnson guy spelled straight wrong. I'm sorry but that's funny.
Old November 4th, 2012 (8:53 AM).

I am so joining this. I've grown up with an extremely rough life being abused and hated by my family for being gay. Problem is, they can't even confirm I'm gay, they're just abusing me on the assumption (Even though I am indeed gay)
I live in what I love to call "Trickery Homophobia Land" because here, everybody pretends that if you come out they'll be all loving and super supportive, and then you do and **** hits the fan and all hell breaks loose.
My college does NOT have a GSBT Alliance group of any kind, though, and both confusingly and thankfully, they do fly the rainbodw flag in the courtyard.

I'm thankful to be Canadian. I may not live in a supportive area, but at least Canada as a whole is far more accepting of non-heterosexuals than most other countries. As for the US, I do fear Romney getting into the White House. Even if things stay in their current condition, I'd much rather see Obama get re-elected, even if I'm being told by everybody that Romney will win.
Old November 4th, 2012 (2:10 PM).

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructor View Post
I am so joining this. I've grown up with an extremely rough life being abused and hated by my family for being gay. Problem is, they can't even confirm I'm gay, they're just abusing me on the assumption (Even though I am indeed gay)
I live in what I love to call "Trickery Homophobia Land" because here, everybody pretends that if you come out they'll be all loving and super supportive, and then you do and **** hits the fan and all hell breaks loose.
My college does NOT have a GSBT Alliance group of any kind, though, and both confusingly and thankfully, they do fly the rainbodw flag in the courtyard.
Welcome I think you'll find this thread fun, supportive and helpful. As for your situation, I'm really sorry to hear that :\ I have the same problem, but my family will never assume that I'm gay - it's simple, just tell them that a good female friend is actually your girlfriend. It's been more than a year since they believe I have a girlfriend xD I even get some extra cash so I can buy her flowers or something.

Anyway, again, welcome :D

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links