The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 19th, 2012 (08:21 PM).
Lateon
The Eon Follower

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Lateon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lateon Send a message via Yahoo to Lateon
Awesome! Love some of the responses, lol

Forum Activity
Wifi Activity

Currently Working On

Old December 23rd, 2012 (12:02 AM). Edited December 23rd, 2012 by U.Flame.
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNjuB_lwgQE

This is the best Conan scene I've ever seen.

Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old December 23rd, 2012 (08:35 PM).
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post

That's awesome haha.

Side note, tomorrow it will have been my second full year after starting HRT. Yay!

Old December 25th, 2012 (12:24 PM).
LightningAlex

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
So, I'm really sorry about this, but I have to change the topic again. Apparently, there's a girl who would like to go out with me (Yeah, she's already crazy if she wants that, but I can't help her), and my friends are constantly trying to set me up with her. They're non-stop talking about nothing but that girl, and I have to come up with a reason to why I can't go out with her. What should I do? I can't just say "Sorry guys, I'm gay, can't go out with her" or something like that. I'm really clueless, my friends can't stop talking about her, and I can't come up with good excuses to not go out with her... what should I do?
Sorry for changing the topic, but I need advice fast, or else I might end up completely avoiding my friends, or worse, admitting to them that I'm gay.

Any spriter interested in having their Fakemon appear in a fan game? Or designing fake Mega Evolutions? Shoot me a PM
Old December 25th, 2012 (06:43 PM).
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningAlex View Post
So, I'm really sorry about this, but I have to change the topic again. Apparently, there's a girl who would like to go out with me (Yeah, she's already crazy if she wants that, but I can't help her), and my friends are constantly trying to set me up with her. They're non-stop talking about nothing but that girl, and I have to come up with a reason to why I can't go out with her. What should I do? I can't just say "Sorry guys, I'm gay, can't go out with her" or something like that. I'm really clueless, my friends can't stop talking about her, and I can't come up with good excuses to not go out with her... what should I do?
Sorry for changing the topic, but I need advice fast, or else I might end up completely avoiding my friends, or worse, admitting to them that I'm gay.
I'm guess I'm not aware of your history or preferences, but this might be a good time to come out, if you're willing. Making excuses probably isn't going to get you very far to be honest. And the old "I don't like her that way" may not fly either. But coming out will definitely solve this problem, and hopefully if your friends are true friends they'll accept that. If you're not willing to come out, you can try to say you don't like her, or maybe that she's annoying or something (I have no clue what she's like). But in my opinion, this would be a good time to come out.

And no need to apologize, there really was no topic lol.

Old December 25th, 2012 (07:13 PM).
Mononoke Hime
viva emptiness

Coming out is one of the best thing one can do. Believe it.

It even makes your real friends show up that they like you as you are.
Do it! ;)
Old December 25th, 2012 (10:44 PM).
Aeon
Dayum, son. Where'd you find this?
Community Supporter

Honestly I would claim to be putting her into the supposedly mythical male friend zone, but that's just me.

I may be coming out on being Bigender soon though, since it's really making me upset when I get into girl mode.

Pair
AlexAhnon
Old December 26th, 2012 (12:07 AM).
LightningAlex

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
You know what? Maybe you're right... maybe I really should just come out. That'd definitely fix this problem, but then again, it could create a whole bunch of other problems.
But I don't really care. It's been enough of hiding and completely avoiding any conversation about love/relationships. I'll probably do it today. Wish me luck

Any spriter interested in having their Fakemon appear in a fan game? Or designing fake Mega Evolutions? Shoot me a PM
Old December 26th, 2012 (01:48 AM).
Alice
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
Coming out would definitely be a good thing, if you think you're ready. Guys don't have to like every girl they meet though. Just say you're not interested, she's not your type, she's butt ugly, w/e. I don't see why they couldn't accept that.
Old December 26th, 2012 (08:11 AM).
Keiran
Moshtradamus

You could just say you don't like the idea of dating someone you don't know. Personally, I don't like the idea of forcefully setting someone up. Just because you're a guy that doesn't want to date a female doesn't mean you're gay, and just being male doesn't mean you're easy to get with either.

If you actually do know her, just let her know you aren't interested. If she gets mad/upset she probably wasn't worth dating anyway (the same goes for guys who get upset at girls who put them in the "friendzone").

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old December 26th, 2012 (10:14 AM).
Esper

Good luck, Alex. I hope everything goes better than you expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
Guys don't have to like every girl they meet though. Just say you're not interested, she's not your type, she's butt ugly, w/e. I don't see why they couldn't accept that.
But guys who don't put on their bravado (meaning talking about women and how much sex they would like to have with women) are going to have their masculinity questioned, which is likely to make people wonder if you're gay.

deviantart blog pair
Old December 26th, 2012 (11:14 AM).
Alice
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
Eh, I don't think that's really entirely true. I got outright asked "you think girls are pretty, don't you?" and I hesitated and said, "I guess so", and no one has questioned my sexuality yet.

There was even a lesbian present in the conversation and no one ever said anything about it. Then again, these are people that would be completely accepting of it in the first place. Could be different for people who wouldn't.
Old December 27th, 2012 (09:19 AM).
Esper

Well, I think Alex lives in one of those places where people are more hyper-masculine than you see in a typical America/Canada town so that's why I said what I said. 'Cause, you know, the world is moving toward acceptance of gay people, and there are people and places who are doing it more slowly than others, but then there are ones that are actively going backwards in reaction to progress. It's part of the reason I'd never travel to a lot of the world, as much as I'd love to visit lots of places and see lots of things.

deviantart blog pair
Old December 27th, 2012 (10:19 AM).
LightningAlex

So, I've spent almost 2 whole days with my friends on a class trip. I told them over and over again that I don't want to go on a date, less on a blind date. They kept asking for reasons, while complimenting the girl, to make me rethink my decision. In the end, I told them "There's a reason that I won't share with you. Ever. So don't bother asking.". Yeah, I didn't come out, but I think that'll happen soon.

Thanks again for your help, guys. You're really awesome

Old January 4th, 2013 (12:34 AM).
Drew
erase the noise.
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Alex, are you sure your family and friends are completely against the LGBT community? Or have they just never said one way or the other? I mean, either way it's freaky wondering how people will react, but if you come out just remember that even if people react poorly at first, they'll have time to come around. It's basically "The people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind" idea. Even if they are against homosexuality, a lot of time when it comes to someone they care about, people's opinions will shift.
Old January 4th, 2013 (05:43 AM).
LightningAlex

Yeah, I'm pretty sure xD I talk with them about the topic sometimes, and there's no doubt they're all homophobic. And sure, if I come out, they'll mind and won't matter to me, but I don't want to not care about them at all. They're really good people, but it can't be helped, since they were raised that way, and grew up in a community where homophobia is encouraged. I've been trying to convince them otherwise, but I guess old habits die hard.

Old January 6th, 2013 (01:03 PM).
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Don't hesitate to spill all your feels out into the thread, Phantom.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old January 6th, 2013 (06:15 PM).
Victini

Speaking of spilling feels, I think I want to spill something real quick... ;w;

Originally when I posted in this thread I had the mind set that I was a Gray-A. Turns out I had that all wrong. I was mistaking the signs of a Gray-A for what's actually proven itself to be demisexuality to me. I discovered it fully because of an ex-partner of mine recently.

I realized that my lack of desire in general and such applies to every being I know... untiiiil I actually come to love and or care about them on a deeper level. I didn't pick up those signs until my ex-partner ended up showing it to me inadvertently. .//////.

Go figure. It's similar to being a Gray-A, but your loving feelings end up applying just to that person who gives you feels. >//^//>
Old January 6th, 2013 (06:40 PM).
Moogles
better than u
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Demisexuality is one of those things I don't completely understand. That's just me though, I can see it actually happening though because I know of people who are so reserved in themselves and would never dare open up to someone sexually unless they had some sort of connection like that. That's cool though.

As for people who call themselves "demiromantic" I feel like they have no idea how interpersonal relationships work.

Quote:
you are a despicable piece of ♥♥♥♥ that doesn't belong in the D&D section.
Old January 6th, 2013 (06:59 PM).
Victini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
Demisexuality is one of those things I don't completely understand. That's just me though, I can see it actually happening though because I know of people who are so reserved in themselves and would never dare open up to someone sexually unless they had some sort of connection like that. That's cool though.

As for people who call themselves "demiromantic" I feel like they have no idea how interpersonal relationships work.

I-I guess the best way I can explain it is that I can't feel desires for people based on lovely appearances or anything instinctive. Those kinds of things don't get to me at all. ;w; I have to already be 'attracted' to someone on a deeper level. The way I usually describe it is if I'm not already in love or caring deeply for someone, I'm asexual. XDD;

That usually helps to get the meaning out there better. Hope it helped a bit. ^^; Demisexuality is a project to explain, dfkjdslj.
Old January 6th, 2013 (07:13 PM).
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
I'm sorry I've been so horridly absent guys, my life has been keeping me away big time. I haven't forgotten about you though, I've been watching this thread like a hawk but I just haven't had the time in any one sitting to sit down and formulate an actual post .

Phantom, you should continue to spill your feels, because I'm going to do the same about a guy I went on a date with in a minute

Firstly though, Victini, I'm so happy you've sorted out what you can identify as! Though I thought demisexuality was in the Grey-A group? Also I'm happy you've decided to come back and share with us again, it's been a while since we've seen you around!

OK so now let me all tell you about the date I went on last night!

I was on Grindr and came across this guy named Jesse. Grindr is usually full of horny freaks who want nothing more to get into your pants so I was thinking of giving up on the whole thing altogether when I came across this guy and his picture was cute so I decided to talk to him.

We hit it off quite well, talked about music and TV and stuff, and I said we should do something some time and he said yes. This was the first time I've actually asked a guy out so I was really happy when he didn't reject me

Anyway I had to go to work so I said I'd talk to him later, then I didn't see him online on Grindr for a few days. Then on Friday night I saw him again and he talked to me and he said he was feeling emotional because he was thinking about his best friend in the world that died six months ago from an epileptic seizure in her sleep. So I really felt for him and asked if I could do anything to help him feel better and he said he'd like to go out for a slushie. I got excited that he wanted to meet me so I ran around and got changed but then he changed his mind but said we should do something soon.

I gave him my number and he gave me his and he texted me on Saturday morning and we ended up making a plan for last night. It was very awkward at first, as it was always going to be, being a first date - and he got a phone call near the beginning of the date and he told whoever called him that he was "just hanging with a friend" so that was a little discouraging but at the same time took a lot of pressure off the whole outing. So the awkwardness eventually subsided and we talked and laughed and went driving around to various places (as it was a Sunday night and there's not really anything to do on a Sunday night ).

Eventually we got to this lookout and we were looking up at the stars and talking and laughing and he was showing me some awesome YouTube videos (by the way, if you haven't seen Nigella Talks Dirty, then my GOD you have to) and he snorts whenever he laughs and I find that absolutely ****ing adorable omg.

Anyway so we stood up and he goes "can I ask you a question?" and I said "sure" and he said "Can I hug you?" and I said "sure" so we hugged. And then I said "I owe you a hug anyway, I promised you one when we were talking the other night (about his dead friend)" so we hugged again and then he said "Damn you're nice to cuddle" so we kept hugging. The hugs were lasting longer each time until they were minutes at a time.

Then we started rubbing each others backs while we were hugging and when we came out of each hug we were sort of lingering closer to each other and then I said "Can I ask you a question?" and he said "sure" and I said "Can I kiss you?" and he just looked at me and smiled and then we kissed!

And we kissed again. He told me I was a good kisser which was really awesome since that was actually my first kiss (I've done sexual things with friends before but never kissed anyone I was interested in).

Aaaaa so exciting! We ended up making out like seven times and then we had to go because it was midnight and he goes to bed earlier than I do

But yeah I'm seeing him again tonight! We're going to see Pitch Perfect and it shall be awesome!

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old January 7th, 2013 (02:55 AM).
LightningAlex

Aawww Raichu, that's super cute :D I wish you the best of luck in your relationship. You too, Phantom!

Old January 7th, 2013 (07:49 PM).
Minato Arisato
Memento mori...

Man, I wish I had such super nice stories to share with you all, but since I mostly keep to myself, I usually don't talk to anyone.
Old January 8th, 2013 (11:08 AM).
Lateon
The Eon Follower

Send a message via AIM to Lateon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lateon Send a message via Yahoo to Lateon
A little while ago, an older gentleman (50+) came out to me at work. He's known all his life, but never actually came out to his family. He had a boyfriend, but long story short, his boyfriend hung himself with a dog collar =(

I was reflecting about how hard it must be for older generations, especially in my highly republican area, to come to terms with their sexuality and keep it a secret for their whole lives. I couldn't imagine having to carry that burden around for so long.

Forum Activity
Wifi Activity

Currently Working On

Old January 8th, 2013 (12:50 PM).
Esper

It must have been pretty bad in the past if even today in the developed world you still have people committing suicide because of the pressure and shame of being gay.

deviantart blog pair
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links