Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Esper

EVERYBODY! I'm thread hijacking once again because Prop 8 is finally up before the Supreme Court now. It's entirely possible that we'll see legal same-sex marriage in all of the US soon, or maybe just in California. I don't know how likely that outcome is, but things are moving in the right direction. I'm just excited by the prospect that this stain on my home state might be wiped away once and for all.

deviantart blog pair
Old March 26th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
EVERYBODY! I'm thread hijacking once again because Prop 8 is finally up before the Supreme Court now. It's entirely possible that we'll see legal same-sex marriage in all of the US soon, or maybe just in California. I don't know how likely that outcome is, but things are moving in the right direction. I'm just excited by the prospect that this stain on my home state might be wiped away once and for all.
. . . That ancient thing? Something new is happening with it? . . . oh my.

@FenrirDarkWolf - lolwut? Well, I'm glad it went well for you. d:

And, on a somewhat related but-not-really note:
A little while ago I found out that one of my sisters, who I have never met and didn't remember or perhaps even realized existed until a week or two ago, is a super-religious screwball that's rather quite against gay marriage. I visited her Facebook page, because she doesn't have any privacy settings, apparently (lucky me) and decided to check it out. ERMERGERD. She's one of those incredibly annoying, overzealous religious idiots that you just want to punch in the face. HARD. It's sad, really.
Old March 26th, 2013, 06:55 PM
FenrirDarkWolf
Water Musician Fenrir

Nature: Quirky
@Nakuzami: Well you wanted a story...

Sorry about your sister... That must suck so bad.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Old March 27th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Barrels
The Fresh Prince of Kanto
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
@ Fenrir:

Hahaha, I laughed all through that story! Not in a mean way just like an, 'aw, that's so cool/positive/nice and your friends sound really awesome!' So it was less laughing than a big grin. But hey, that's fun too :D

Also, I have just discovered that Bill O'Reilly is apparently in favour of legal same-sex marriage for all. Well, sort of. He's not against it, anyway, and he actually made a cogent point: basically, we're all human, so why the hell are we acting like there's levels of love? Well, I'm paraphrasing, but you get the gist. (Actual quote was: 'the compelling argument is on the side of homosexuals. That's where the compelling argument is: we're Americans, we just want to be treated like everybody else. That's a compelling argument. And to deny that, you've got to have a very strong argument on the other side. And the other side hasn't been able to do anything but thump the Bible.')

Anyway. Bill O'Reilly isn't defending this ban. BILL O'REILLY. Surely, surely this is an indication that public opinion is changing for the better.

Ramona Flowers
Old March 27th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
@ Fenrir:

Hahaha, I laughed all through that story! Not in a mean way :) just like an, 'aw, that's so cool/positive/nice and your friends sound really awesome!' So it was less laughing than a big grin. But hey, that's fun too :D

Also, I have just discovered that Bill O'Reilly is apparently in favour of legal same-sex marriage for all. Well, sort of. He's not against it, anyway, and he actually made a cogent point: basically, we're all human, so why the hell are we acting like there's levels of love? Well, I'm paraphrasing, but you get the gist. (Actual quote was: 'the compelling argument is on the side of homosexuals. That's where the compelling argument is: we're Americans, we just want to be treated like everybody else. That's a compelling argument. And to deny that, you've got to have a very strong argument on the other side. And the other side hasn't been able to do anything but thump the Bible.')

Anyway. Bill O'Reilly isn't defending this ban. BILL O'REILLY. Surely, surely this is an indication that public opinion is changing for the better.
I thought I'd stepped into a parallel dimension when I read that. I hope that in 5 years we'll all look back on this and go "Oh, wow, what a silly fight we were having. How could we have thought gay people shouldn't be allowed to marry?"

deviantart blog pair
Old March 27th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Quote:
I thought I'd stepped into a parallel dimension when I read that. I hope that in 5 years we'll all look back on this and go "Oh, wow, what a silly fight we were having. How could we have thought gay people shouldn't be allowed to marry?"
Because we're all demon spawn and don't deserve to intermingle with humans, lest we taint the entire species.
Old March 29th, 2013, 10:12 AM
EGKangaroo
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
Because we're all demon spawn and don't deserve to intermingle with humans, lest we taint the entire species.
Oh no! I accidentally the whole human species. D: Is that bad?
RP's I am in:
Pokemon: Journeys Through Novia - Glyn Schaffer

"And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
"Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."

Old March 29th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody
XD No, it's fine. They'll live. :3

Anyways I'm back~ Thought I'd drop by this clubbeh and stuff, and maybe pick up on the chatter. I've kind of grown in my identity since I last posted here for certain. A lot of things have changed for me and surprisingly just as many stayed the same.

A little of an update about me:
I am Genderqueer. For those of you who don't know what that is, just click on the link and read up. More specifically, I am Genderfluid. This is a state where my gender may shift from one state to another at any time, and land anywhere on the scale of masculine to feminine. For the most part though, I present as female online.

I am also Pansexual, and somewhat Demisexual, as I don't particularly "Fall in love" based on appearances. So yeah. If I fall for someone, It's usually because I love their personality, not because they're hawt. Though I definitely can appreciate the beauty of the human body in all it's forms ;)

If you have any questions, please by all means do ask. I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can.
Crystal Supporter Melody

"It loves to bask in the sunlight. It uses the leaf on its head to seek out warm places."
Chikorita

Old March 29th, 2013, 01:18 PM
ThatWhiteKid
What is this Math~

OK hey. Some might remember me from my (somewhat annoying) boy-rants from last year before I left on an (unannounced) hiatus. But now I'm back and wanted to reintroduce myself to the club! And guys, I just wanna say, really hurt that my name isn't up there on the members list anymore.

Quote:
WOOOOOOO demolish it. Y'know, this is actually starting to work according to our agenda. Us LGBTQTL;DR gotta stick together, right girls?

@Fenrir: OK, awesome story! The main thing I have to say though is that I'm relieved to find someone else who plays the bassoon. It's cool to have such supportive friends.

@Nakuzami: Aww. It's hard knowing people like that. Trust me; I live in a town where bigotry against the LGBT community is more commonplace than would be comfortable, although not advertised as much as some other places.

I hope nobody in this thread caught my gay~ *runs away*
Walk 5 Steps in Skyrim
Old March 29th, 2013, 03:52 PM
FenrirDarkWolf
Water Musician Fenrir

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWhiteKid View Post
@Fenrir: OK, awesome story! The main thing I have to say though is that I'm relieved to find someone else who plays the bassoon. It's cool to have such supportive friends.
Yeah, my friends are like, the best.
I know right! I'm the only one who plays the bassoon in my band too!

On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Old March 30th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Eпvy
Winds ღ

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWhiteKid View Post
Hey, I play the bassoon, too!

Nevertheless the last time I posted in this topic was a year ago. So I feel kind of random for popping up like this. xD
Old March 30th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Minato Arisato
Memento mori...

Nature: Quiet
It's been a while since I posted on here. I blame midterms. Looks like I've got a lot of catching up to do.
Old March 30th, 2013, 10:53 PM
trotz59
Professor in-training

Send a message via Skype™ to trotz59
May I join? I'm president of my schools GSA (and am gay myself) is there some kin of sign up?
Roleplays
PMD : Roads of Light

Info
YouTube: NidoGia
Twitter: trotz59
Tumblr: trotz59 (barely use)
Deviantart: ka-ting (very old, barely updated)
Serebii and Bulbagarden forum accounts: trotz59
Old March 31st, 2013, 12:43 PM
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
Hi there, guys and gals. :p I haven't posted here in a few weeks, so I decided to just pass by and see how everyone's doing. :]

Looks like lots of people are supporting the drop of DOMA, so let's hope the Supreme Court justices have some sense of morality and virtue to make the right decision in actually repealing the Act. I've seen a ton of those red equal sign icons all over the Internet, and it's really awesome to see all the support going around for the LGBT community. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato Arisato View Post
It's been a while since I posted on here. I blame midterms. Looks like I've got a lot of catching up to do.
Hey! Welcome back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotz59 View Post
May I join? I'm president of my schools GSA (and am gay myself) is there some kin of sign up?
Everyone's welcomed here! That's pretty cool to hear that you're your school's GSA president. xD Did you start the club at your school or had it already been established when you joined?

& nope, there's no signup as far as I know. :]
Old March 31st, 2013, 04:31 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by trotz59 View Post
May I join? I'm president of my schools GSA (and am gay myself) is there some kin of sign up? :P
Welcome Trotz! No need to ask to join, or sign up or anything. Just join in on the conversation, and you're a member.

What kind of activities does your club do? I joined one in college, and it wasn't quite what I expected. It was sort of just a hang out for playing silly games, and... well, that's it. I wasn't around when they held their crossdressing fashion show though, sadly. lol
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Old March 31st, 2013, 04:36 PM
Minato Arisato
Memento mori...

Maybe it's just my computer talking, but...I don't understand why I can't see people's usernames. Just random Pokemon.

Guess I'll just ignore it.
Old March 31st, 2013, 05:02 PM
FenrirDarkWolf
Water Musician Fenrir

I was a Jigglypuff on some other thread... *sob*
~FenrirDarkWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato Arisato View Post
Maybe it's just my computer talking, but...I don't understand why I can't see people's usernames. Just random Pokemon.

Guess I'll just ignore it.
I think it's an April Fool's thing...

On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Old March 31st, 2013, 09:18 PM
Minato Arisato
Memento mori...

Ugh, I hope it ends soon.
Old April 1st, 2013, 02:57 AM
EGKangaroo
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
I'm still hoping to get an Ampharos. Gay Ampharos are fabulous.
(Been refreshing for half an hour, everyone on this page has been an Ampharos except me)
RP's I am in:
Pokemon: Journeys Through Novia - Glyn Schaffer

"And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
"Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."

Last edited by EGKangaroo; April 1st, 2013 at 03:22 AM.
Old April 1st, 2013, 04:46 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
Shining Raichu here, agreeing that I really really hate this. It makes it real difficult to post in clubs if you have no idea who's saying what lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWhiteKid
And guys, I just wanna say, really hurt that my name isn't up there on the members list anymore.
I wonder why that is... I've never deleted a name from the list unless I was asked to specifically by that person... weird. In any case, I'll put you back up on it now

As for anybody else who wanted to join, I'll add your usernames to the list the second all this nonsense is over and I can actually see what your usernames are lol. I'd post some on-topic LGBTish stuff but what's the point, I don't know what the discussion is because I DON'T KNOW WHO'S SAYING WHAT I HATE APRIL FOOL'S DAY

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Last edited by Sodom; April 1st, 2013 at 05:01 AM.
Old April 1st, 2013, 05:13 AM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
Yay for posting during the confusion!

Haven't posted in awhile so I felt like I should, hey everyone that's just joined and welcome back to those we are posting again! etc etc.

(I was a shiny Chandelure I'm happy with life.)

THE EXTREMELY JEALOUS PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old April 1st, 2013, 08:23 AM
Esper

Everyone, I have to confess that for the past several months our club leader, Shining Raichu and I have been in an illicit straight relationship. I know this is hard to swallow. It must feel like a betrayal, but I think the truth needs to be known. I'm very sorry, but I promise that both he and I, despite living happy heteronormative lives free of glitter and rainbows, will not betray any of the secret plans for the new gay world order.

deviantart blog pair
Old April 1st, 2013, 08:44 AM
Oshy
♩♫♩

This group is amazing. I'm joining. c:
Old April 1st, 2013, 09:08 AM
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Melody
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGKangaroo View Post
I'm still hoping to get an Ampharos. Gay Ampharos are fabulous.
(Been refreshing for half an hour, everyone on this page has been an Ampharos except me)
Well, you doo make a pretty cool shiny scrafty though~

Anyways, I'm praying that the Supreme Court puts an end to the madness and rules in our favor~!
Crystal Supporter Melody

"It loves to bask in the sunlight. It uses the leaf on its head to seek out warm places."
Chikorita

Old April 1st, 2013, 01:17 PM
LightningAlex

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
Quote:
Everyone, I have to confess that for the past several months our club leader, Shining Raichu and I have been in an illicit straight relationship. I know this is hard to swallow. It must feel like a betrayal, but I think the truth needs to be known. I'm very sorry, but I promise that both he and I, despite living happy heteronormative lives free of glitter and rainbows, will not betray any of the secret plans for the new gay world order.
I can't believe he's been cheating on me... with a girl! How could you?

Any spriter interested in having their Fakemon appear in a fan game? Or designing fake Mega Evolutions? Shoot me a PM
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links