Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old April 4th, 2013 (05:01 PM).
What is this Math~

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Insomniac:
Me too, me too!

Recently I've been running out of things to do on PC besides DCC and VP so I thought "sigh, might as well join a club".

And I freaked out because there is a.. GAY club! :D

And I'm a super dyke!

So hello everybody, super rainbows and unicorns for everyone.
WOO! YES! ENTHUSIASM! THIS IS WHAT WE NEED! THIS FILLS THE HOLE IN OUR AGENDA!

Yeah, welcome to the club Insomniac! And if you're so super, what's your power? Rainbow farts? Super gayness? Unicorn summoning?
Old April 4th, 2013 (05:05 PM).
entering snake habitat
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
Hi to everyone that's new. <3333

Quote originally posted by Retro Bug:
Don't you get the monthly Gay Agenda newsletter?! You know it's mandatory to read... right??

This conversation reminds me of this video:

(Hi New Members)
Ohmygosh, I had never seen that video before but it's fricken hilarious, and also so, so accurate. HETEROSEXUAL DESTRUCTION NIGHT. HOORAY.

Thanks for sharing! :D
Old April 4th, 2013 (05:31 PM).
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
Haha, that video IS great. I want to be referred to as "your gayness" xD

I have to say, I am really glad this club exists. When I first joined in 2005 (O_O), I remember someone making a gay thread or club and it was locked almost immediately. I am glad things have become more accepting over the years.
Old April 4th, 2013 (05:45 PM).
entering snake habitat
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Rai:
Haha, that video IS great. I want to be referred to as "your gayness" xD

I have to say, I am really glad this club exists. When I first joined in 2005 (O_O), I remember someone making a gay thread or club and it was locked almost immediately. I am glad things have become more accepting over the years.
I just find it funny that whenever the issue of legalizing gay marriage or stuff like that comes up in the spotlight, those who oppose it automatically claim that everyone that isn't heterosexual is trying to "transform society" and all this bs. lol. That video was spot-on. Equality is a right, not a privilege. Damn you, non-believers! We just want what's fair!

Anyways, that's surprising to hear that a potential LGBT club existed before on PC but it was closed. Maybe it wasn't a club after all? Who knows lol.
Old April 4th, 2013 (05:54 PM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
There was at least one other club before this one that I know of, that didn't really get popular, and closed down. If a club goes without any posts for 30 days it gets closed, and you have to make a new thread for it, if you want to continue the club. So, there's probably been a few.
Old April 4th, 2013 (06:13 PM).
Misao <3

I agree. Equality is a human right.

I remember a mod coming to the thread and saying that they didn't think people would feel comfortable discussing gay-related issues, so they closed it. This was in 2005, almost ten years ago (omg I am so old ;_;). Even back then, homosexuality wasn't as accepted as it is today. We have made such progress in the last few years :3
Old April 4th, 2013 (06:26 PM).
Silver Tier

If I remember correctly, this club came into existence after a 1000+ post thread (about gay marriage specifically or something) in the chat forum got so off topic all the time and basically turned into what this club is. I think at one point people were just posting pictures of their favorite celebrities and stuff like that.

It's kind of amazing to think that PC was ever unwilling to talk about gay things.
Old April 4th, 2013 (06:47 PM).
Water Musician Fenrir

@Scarf: I still laugh at the irony.

In other news, now that I have a mate...
I want to come out to my family. I know that they probably won't care, but, I'm still scared....

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Old April 5th, 2013 (05:10 AM).
Misao <3

It is possible that it was the moderator that was bias, not PC itself.

And that is great! I understand how it can be scary; it was nerve racking when I came out to my parents. But just be yourself and practice in front of the mirror a few times.

I was so nervous that I had to write it down for my mom to read.
Old April 5th, 2013 (07:35 AM). Edited April 5th, 2013 by Rebel Rebel.

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by FenrirDarkWolf:
In other news, now that I have a mate...
I want to come out to my family. I know that they probably won't care, but, I'm still scared....
I know that feel bro. I still haven't been able to work up the courage to tell anyone I'm trans. It's like, I know most of them will be supportive but it's not an easy thing to just randomly bring up in a conversation, you know?

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck and I hope you can find the strength to tell them. Remember, even if it makes them uncomfortable at first, if they really love you they'll accept you for who you are.

@Rai
*notice "RIP MCR" in user title*

Well, obviously she's referring to something else... I mean, there's no way My Chemical Romance broke up, r-right?

*looks it up*

That's three of my favorite bands that have broken up in the last three years. What the hell. :'(
Old April 5th, 2013 (08:44 AM). Edited April 5th, 2013 by Rai.
Misao <3

Yeah... they broke up... and they are my favorite band of all time...

But they were actually big supporters of gays, which made me love them even more. I loved Frank's (the guitarist) phrase "Homophobia is gay."

I have always thought that Gerard (the singer) is bi, even though he is married to a woman.
Old April 5th, 2013 (09:08 AM).

Quote originally posted by Rai:
Yeah... they broke up... and they are my favorite band of all time...
Mine too. Hopefully they'll all form new bands that are equally amazing.

In other news, here's a funny story I'm sure you'll all get a kick out of. Don't vaccinate your kids, guys, we wouldn't want them to catch the gay.
Old April 5th, 2013 (09:39 AM).
Silver Tier

I would love to get a big list of all the crazy stuff people have claimed will turn you gay. Eating chicken is the weirdest one I can remember at the moment.
Old April 5th, 2013 (10:04 AM).
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
Oh, I've heard taking French classes makes you gay once. Or getting good grades and overall trying your best at school and not getting drunk with your friends at age 15 makes you gay. And not liking football. And not wanting to testosteron trip and destroy stuff with a football every PE lesson.

"And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
"Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."

Old April 5th, 2013 (10:11 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by EGKangaroo:
Oh, I've heard taking French classes makes you gay once. Or getting good grades and overall trying your best at school and not getting drunk with your friends at age 15 makes you gay. And not liking football. And not wanting to testosteron trip and destroy stuff with a football every PE lesson.
You know, when I think back to French class and the people in it, this one actually seems kind of plausible. :p

No, probably it's because too many of the straight guys don't want anyone to think they're gay for taking French.
Old April 5th, 2013 (10:33 AM).

Oh, I've heard taking French classes makes you gay once.
Actually I think that one might be true.
Old April 5th, 2013 (10:39 AM).
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
My French teacher did reminisce on his experiences when he studied French at the university. He recalled being around only women, and the few men were all, as he put it, differently oriented.

Though I don't think that in my case, it could be true. I was forced to weigh my options between German and French (I HAVE to take at least 2 foreign language classes, one of them always being English) so I went with what worked best for me, which was French.

"And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
"Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."

Old April 5th, 2013 (10:45 AM). Edited April 5th, 2013 by Rai.
Misao <3

Or getting good grades and overall trying your best at school and not getting drunk with your friends at age 15 makes you gay. And not liking football.
This must explain why I am gay :O Lol jk.

Nothing causes you to be gay. You are born that way. I remember having crushes on girls when I was in kindergarten. What excuse could they come up with to explain that?
Old April 5th, 2013 (11:00 AM). Edited April 5th, 2013 by Cassino.

The correlation is likely the other way round, ie. homosexuals are statistically more inclined to XYZ.
This would be due to subtle subcultural differences, I'd think... you know, the same sort of thing that means boys and girls usually play different games.
Old April 5th, 2013 (01:38 PM).
Water Musician Fenrir

Or getting good grades and overall trying your best at school and not getting drunk with your friends at age 15 makes you gay. And not liking football. And not wanting to testosteron trip and destroy stuff with a football every PE lesson.
I'm 15.
I'm bisexual.
I really don't like football, and I've never gotten drunk.

lol

I'm not sure what I said, but I'm keeping it!

On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Old April 5th, 2013 (02:21 PM).
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Retro Bug
Posting in this thread will turn you queer. It's scientifically proven, yep.

And, I'm glad you guys enjoyed the video! I thought it was pretty funny.

Delta Mayor
Atlantean World Changer
Skills: Crystallization, Crystal Manipulation, and Close-Range Combat
pair: CarefulWetPaint
Old April 5th, 2013 (05:51 PM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
I'm 21 and have never tasted alcohol, don't like football, and took French throughout high school, and I'm only half gay. Maybe I have a high resistance to the gay? :P
Old April 5th, 2013 (05:58 PM). Edited April 5th, 2013 by Gyardosamped.
entering snake habitat
Crystal Tier

I'm like 120% gay and I've never taken a French class in my life.

This just got weird.
Old April 5th, 2013 (06:08 PM). Edited May 24th, 2013 by Phantom.
Uh, I didn't do it
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
I have a legit-ish question.

After it was a decent amount of time, I decided to tell my best friend of ten years that I was dating a woman. I had come out to him before, but this is the first time I've told him I was actively dating someone. He took it very well. Honestly, he says he doesn't care, and actually asks about how things are going with her.

Anywho, this stuff lead to a discussion of sorts. Technically, as I've said here, I'm bi, with a slight preference towards women. I've dated men before, and this brought up some questions from him. He actually asked if it was like a switch in my head or something. I wacked him in the head with a pen for that question, mainly because I was too dumbstruck to even think of an answer.

He did mention something though, I asked him what if he dated a bi woman, and she got a crush on another girl, what would he think. He laughed and asked if it was serious or not, and I said whatever. The answer he gave was, "I'd be more pissed off if I didn't get to watch."

Thing is... I've heard this before. From many guys, even guys I've dated and mentioned I was bi...

Someone please explain this. I mean I get it. I'm not stupid... but why?

Oh, and hi guys and stuff. I am alive. :3
Old April 5th, 2013 (07:25 PM).
Water Musician Fenrir

Quote originally posted by PhantomX0990:
He did mention something though, I asked him what if he dated a bi woman, and she got a crush on another girl, what would he think. He laughed and asked if it was serious or not, nd I said whatever. The answer he gave was, "I'd be more pissed off if I didn't get to watch."

Thing is... I've heard this before. From many guys, even guys I've dated and mentioned I was bi...

Someone please explain this. I mean I get it. I'm not stupid... but why?
Being a 15-year-old, hormonal, bisexual male teenager(though I do have a boyfriend).
I think I can help you answer this, I hope.

You know what he means, in that, yes, for many straight males, two females y'know, doing it, is very sexually appealing from thing, yes?

...Damn, I forgot everything else I was going to say...
You can ignore me if you want, I'm just a 15-year-old mated male. :3

On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)