Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old April 28th, 2013 (10:05 PM).
Probably sleeping.
Gold Tier

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by FenrirDarkWolf:
The one thing that's really hurting me right now is distance...
It hurts my heart so much being away from him, even though we talk all the time, it just can't compare to a face-to-face meeting...

But, for him, I'll wait forever if I need too.
I'll do anything for my mate, anything....
I know that feel, and trust me; it gets better. I know thinking 'oh, only a few years until I can drive' seems like a long time, or 'only a few years of education left' but they will fly by, just spend the time enjoying what you do have and you won't realize how fast it goes.

You're lucky to have someone you feel so strongly about at your age, it's a rare thing.
Old April 28th, 2013 (11:43 PM).
Water Musician Fenrir

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Somniac:
I know that feel, and trust me; it gets better. I know thinking 'oh, only a few years until I can drive' seems like a long time, or 'only a few years of education left' but they will fly by, just spend the time enjoying what you do have and you won't realize how fast it goes.

You're lucky to have someone you feel so strongly about at your age, it's a rare thing.
Thanks...
Both my mate and my older siblings have told me that the last few years of high school will fly by.

I think the hardest thing to think about though is that, he can come to me, but he still has no way to get to me, for he has no money.
That's what gives the biggest blow is that he can come to me, but can't due to lack of funds.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Old April 29th, 2013 (01:25 PM).
Silver Tier

Hm. I'm of the belief that age usually matters because the bigger the difference the bigger the imbalance of life experience. Like, if you're 14 you're not even thinking about life after high school necessarily, and if you're 19 you're much more concerned with stuff like having a job or going to college.

Oh, and btw the news is saying that a major league basketball player has come out. I'm not a sports person, but I think this is pretty good news.
Old April 29th, 2013 (05:18 PM).
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
That is great! I think it always good when a celebrity comes out because it can help others come out, especially if they are a fan.

Did you hear about the basketball player Tim Hardaway? He said that he hates gay people on live tv... I think that this was horrible... Everyone has their own opinion, but he probably hurt a lot of fans by saying that.
Old April 29th, 2013 (05:40 PM).
naughty biscotti
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
This is huuge news. He is the first sportsman of the major sports leagues: MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL, to come out. This means it's okay to be a gay jock, essentially. I think it will make a huge difference in the athletic culture where macho is more of an emphasis than not. I read his piece, and it is incredibly personal and persuasive. What he did really humanized the LGBT experience to a large segment of the population that would be hesitant to throw their support. I recommend all of you to go and read it: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/magazine/news/20130429/jason-collins-gay-nba-player/?sct=hp_t11_a3&eref=sihp
Old April 29th, 2013 (05:59 PM).
Pokemon Researcher

Nature: Docile
i feel age only matters after 19 - 21. At that point you have your life to feel around, before that like said above, you need to think about preparing yourself for life.
Old April 29th, 2013 (06:26 PM).

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Scarf:
Hm. I'm of the belief that age usually matters because the bigger the difference the bigger the imbalance of life experience. Like, if you're 14 you're not even thinking about life after high school necessarily, and if you're 19 you're much more concerned with stuff like having a job or going to college.
Yes, but the older you get, the more things balance out. The difference between a 14-year-old and a 19-year-old? Pretty huge, and so not the best example, because at least one (if not both) of those individuals is still going through a period of dramatic growth, both physically and mentally. But once you reach the point where you can be considered an adult (and by that, I mean the point where a person has more-or-less finished developing, not "legal age" which often seems to be a little too early), the differences that are caused by age start to rapidly diminish, and it's differences in personality that matter more. Take that same 14-year-old and 19-year-old, fast forward a few years to when they're in their 30s, and you probably won't be able to tell which one is older. I have an aunt and uncle who are 10 years apart, and you would never guess there was an age difference of more than a year or two. On the other hand, my parents are only a year apart, but (even though he has a tendency to act like a teenager) most people assume my dad is much older, some have even assumed he's my grandfather.

Now onto the Jason Collins story. I think this is fantastic! I read the Sports Illustrated article also and thought it was wonderfully well written. With so many straight athletes saying they would fully support a gay teammate, I'm glad that there is finally someone who has come out. And I'm really hoping this will go a long way towards dispelling the misconception that gay men are "feminine" (and maybe the assumption that all "feminine" men are gay? Although that may be getting my hopes up a little too high). Hopefully everyone will be mature about it, and not let this affect the way they play with/against him.
Old April 29th, 2013 (06:40 PM).
It's so overt, it's covert!

I'm just about the only person who has a problem with age difference. Really to me it's sort of strange dating someone who is 5+ yrs older because if you think about it, it's like a kindergartner dating an infant. I can't get past that thought :( Someone enlighten me

Also you know what sucks for me today?

This girl who I thought was into me for 5 weeks was only leading me on. I asked her today if she was interested and she just said no I should give up.
And she flirted with me and everything. I guess she just liked the attention. :\
Old April 29th, 2013 (07:19 PM).
naughty biscotti
Crystal Tier

Hey, I'm with you. I'm the one who started this little convo anyways.

I'll go on right ahead with my male chauvinist self and say it's a girl thing. People can be stupid like that. And attention means a lot to girls, just look at what the media has to say on that. It's not the same for guys, and it's not reflected in society the same way either.
Old April 30th, 2013 (07:06 PM).

Quote originally posted by BlahISuck:
Hey, I'm with you. I'm the one who started this little convo anyways.

I'll go on right ahead with my male chauvinist self and say it's a girl thing. People can be stupid like that. And attention means a lot to girls, just look at what the media has to say on that. It's not the same for guys, and it's not reflected in society the same way either.
Are you replying to me? I have no idea.

But yes I think she was messing with me for attention. :\ It makes me so sad knowing it won't work out though.
Old April 30th, 2013 (08:31 PM).
Water Musician Fenrir

Anyone wanna hear my drum major voice?
:3

On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Old April 30th, 2013 (08:50 PM).
naughty biscotti
Crystal Tier

@Insomniac

She showed her true colours, and that the girl you knew for 5 weeks didn't exist. You feel sad, but don't let the illusion seduce you. I've wasted a lot of time living an illusion and allowing someone to take advantage of me through that. It's not worth it.

@FenrirDarkWolf

Is that like a drill voice?
Old April 30th, 2013 (09:03 PM).

@Insomniac

She showed her true colours, and that the girl you knew for 5 weeks didn't exist. You feel sad, but don't let the illusion seduce you. I've wasted a lot of time living an illusion and allowing someone to take advantage of me through that. It's not worth it.

@FenrirDarkWolf

Is that like a drill voice?
Ugh.. I knew along the way that her flirting was just for attention.. But I couldn't help making up fantasies in my head. What it would be like to be with her, you know?

Fenrir, let's hear that voice
Old April 30th, 2013 (09:57 PM).
Water Musician Fenrir

@Blah: Sorta, I think...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14599536/DrumMajorVoice.mp3

VOICE!!!

On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Old April 30th, 2013 (10:00 PM).
naughty biscotti
Crystal Tier

Woah what do you need it for? XD my drill voice was horrible. I stopped bothering to make it any lower and just kept it high-pitched. Good enough for drill, good enough for me.
Old April 30th, 2013 (10:14 PM).
Water Musician Fenrir

Woah what do you need it for? XD my drill voice was horrible. I stopped bothering to make it any lower and just kept it high-pitched. Good enough for drill, good enough for me.
Drum Major try-outs for next year! :3

On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Old April 30th, 2013 (10:39 PM).
WITH SEAWATER

umm

She told me she doesn't feel ready to have a "formal relationship" with me yet, guess we rushed a bit? I dunno, but I'm glad she told me. I said when she's ready for real, I'll be waiting! :3
Old April 30th, 2013 (10:47 PM).
naughty biscotti
Crystal Tier

Oh dear, I hate the when-it's-kinda-there-but-not-there-yet feeling. You guys are still gonna hang out and stuff right?
Old April 30th, 2013 (10:55 PM).
WITH SEAWATER

Absolutely, nothing's really changed, I guess maybe she was just feeling a bit nervous about it. I told her we can "resume life as normal" tomorrow. She felt bad, but I don't mind all that much uwu
Old May 2nd, 2013 (06:45 AM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant
Hey guys, I'm so sorry I haven't posted in forever considering this is my club and all. You seem to be chugging along fairly well by yourselves though which is fantastic to see! I've been without the Internet for an entire week because my Internet company sucks, but anyway... the week away from being online gave me a story to tell... and it's not a good one. It is the epic finale of the "Andy is in love with his roommate" saga.

Picture it: Australia, last Thursday. Two young men are sitting on a drive way, one smoking a cigarette, the other staring at him completely in love. They've just had a fight about something small and stupid, so they're sitting in silence when finally the smoker speaks.

I'm not going to continue telling the story in this annoying style lol - my friend/love interest Luke is the smoker and I am the one staring at him adoringly.

Anyway, he suddenly laughs and says to me that the particular unique way that the two of us argue is something that he's only ever done with boyfriends before. Then he mentions that a few people have noticed the way I act around him would suggest that I like him, and asked me if that's true. I danced around the question for a while before finally admitting that yes, I did like him. I was scared that it would make things weird between us or jeopardise us moving in together, but he then told me, "I would be lying if I said I hadn't thought about it, too."

In other words, he liked me back.

So I was so totally pumped, my dreams were coming true. We eventually went back into his room and sat there silently for a while, trying to discuss how we were going to make this work. He said that he'd still want his own bedroom so he'd have somewhere to retreat if I was ever pissing him off, and I agreed that was best. It was very odd; it was like an awkward conversation but with no awkward feeling behind it. He cuddled up to me on his bed and we snuggled for a little bit, with his head on my chest. He commented that my heart was beating really fast and I said that he should take that as a compliment. We had to go to meet one of our friends for coffee so we got up to leave, but before we opened the door he beckoned me over to him and he gave me the most affectionate hug I've ever gotten in my life, and then he kissed me. Apparently I'm not a great kisser in his books, but he promised he'd teach me, and we laughed about it. Then we left, and we came back and were hanging out with more friends and then eventually I had to go home because we were both working early the next day.

I got another awesome hug as I was leaving and he said we still had stuff to talk about because nothing was official yet and he needed to think about whether pursuing a relationship was worth risking our close friendship, which was something we were discussing in his bedroom before the kiss. So I agreed and I went home, and we were texting each other about it until we fell asleep.

Friday afternoon rolled around and he didn't want to see me. He said he was stressed and tired from work and just wanted to be by himself. That was fine, he's always been that way so I didn't think much of it. By Saturday though, the suspense was killing me. On my lunch break at work, I texted him and told him that I thought a relationship was worth the risk.

When he texted me back, he had come to the opposite conclusion. I then spent the next two hours trying to hold back tears at work, ended up leaving twenty minutes early, ran through the carpark and then burst into tears the second I got in my car. Then I drove somewhere else and cried some more, because I didn't want to go home looking like I'd been crying. Then I went home and I've felt crappy ever since.

So there you are. There's the end of my tale. Apparently I'm his best friend and we will be best friends for life, but the fact that we could be more isn't worth risking it. I am such a good friend that I've been friend zoned.

Forever friend zoned.

Hear that, guys? You want to be my friend, I am A+ at it. I'm just the best ****ing friend anybody could ever ask for.

I went and saw him that night because I wasn't going to be "that guy" who "needed space to get over it". We talked about it some more and I left feeling slightly better about it, but I was really hurt by how fine he seemed. And even now, our friendship is back to complete normal. We don't talk about it, it's as though it never happened and it really hurts my feelings how immediately fine he seems. How much could he have really liked me in the first place if it took him all of an hour to get over it? Was it enough to dare bring it up and cause me all that pain?

The part that hurts the most is that he didn't just tell me he liked me. He kissed me, he hugged me, knowing that I'd liked him for ages and that I am so inexperienced in the love life department, and he gave me a taste of what it would be like to be his boyfriend. He made me want it, then he left me for two days to fantasise about all these awesome things that were going to happen, and then he changed his mind.

My hands are starting to hurt so I'm going to stop whining now, but yeah I've felt crappy for a week and I don't see a real end in sight

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old May 2nd, 2013 (09:35 AM).
naughty biscotti
Crystal Tier

Maybe things were moving too fast for him. I don't want to get your hopes up or anything like that, but 2 days is pretty fast to make a decision like that. You're possibly forever friendzoned, but possibly not. If you decide that he's not worth getting over in the near future, well at least you're still open for him Let it settle for a while or so and see where things take you.
Old May 2nd, 2013 (10:13 AM).
Legendary Twilight Master

Location: Used to be on Planet Kenohra; before it vanished for good...
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to World King Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to World King Send a message via Yahoo to World King Send a message via Skype™ to World King
Fully agree with blah here. Let things go slowly and in due time, it shall all come on its own. Besides, as long as the friendzone doesn't keep you in it forever, be happy. (Trust me; it sucks when you're a permanent resident of it).

Darkness is strength; symbolizes power
Light is wisdom; represents knowledge
Their combined divinity shall create
The sacred magnificence of Twilight
(Friend Code for 3DS - Both X and OmegaRuby)

Last Kingston Alive

Lonely, cold-hearted Twilight Master
On a lifetime journey to fulfill my destiny

To reshape this forgotten, pitiful world
and restore the utopic balance it has long lost
Old May 2nd, 2013 (11:34 AM).
Silver Tier

Okay, this might just be me projecting based on the stuff I hear about how guys date, but Andy, you didn't deserve that. I don't want to cast aspersions on someone I don't know, but it sounds like kind of an immature thing this guy did to leave you sitting for days when he was making a u-turn in where he was going with your relationship together. I hope he apologized and explained himself better to you.
Old May 2nd, 2013 (06:50 PM).
Water Musician Fenrir

Guys! I feel so happy! I finally got my mate's address!
Sorry for the mood whiplash, it's just, I'm so happy because of it!!!

I would say I'm sending myself to him, but I can't, sadly. Instead, I'll send letters!

I've always found letters so romantic~

On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Old May 2nd, 2013 (07:35 PM).
entering snake habitat
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
Quote originally posted by Shining Raichu:
long sad story. :[
Aww, I'm so sorry that happened to you, Andy. No one deserves that, and honestly, he's not even worth being your friend now that he stooped down to that level. Really, he left you with this false pretense that he liked you back (hugging you romantically, kissing you, etc.), and then two days later just totally ruined your hopes for anything. That's kind of a d*ck move if you ask me, and, of course, it has to happen to the best of us. BlahISuck gave some good advice. Maybe he does need more time, but if he just blatantly said, "I don't think this'll work out", without proper reasoning, and acted as if nothing happened the next day, I don't think any type of relationship with him is worth it. I just hate how he mislead you by showing affection in the beginning, and then sorta just retracted himself two days later. That's very deceitful if you ask me.

Gahhhh.. All the best, really. <3 We're here if you need anything.

Quote originally posted by FenrirDarkWolf:
Guys! I feel so happy! I finally got my mate's address!
Sorry for the mood whiplash, it's just, I'm so happy because of it!!!

I would say I'm sending myself to him, but I can't, sadly. Instead, I'll send letters!

I've always found letters so romantic~
Yay! Going old school, I see!

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)