The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 22nd, 2013, 05:31 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
School counselors in my experience (Which means I've only ever dealt with 2 in my life, and this does not apply to any other ones that I have not met. Don't hurt me.) are complete scumbags with literally no regard to the feelings of, or what's best for, the students that talk to them. And why should they? They get paid exactly the same, regardless of how many students they talk to or help, and are overbooked across several schools.

One of my friends was in high school was in a similar situation to yours, except that he spoke to the counselor about being insecure about other students making fun of him. She assumed that meant that he was angry at them and was going to murder them or something, and literally sent him to an insane asylum for kids against his and his parents will over the weekend. Even when his parents demanded him back, he wasn't allowed to leave until his next appointment with the counselor. They sued the school over it, but I'm not sure if they won or not. I know the kid, and he's really gentle, and was not even considering anything like that. I've had my own issues with them too, but uh... I think I've ranted enough. lol

Either way, be careful about her, and don't act rashly. Get your parents involved as much as possible, and don't let them make assumptions about what's going on in your head. Also if you actually are planning on making a list, please don't. :)
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Old April 22nd, 2013, 08:22 PM
FenrirDarkWolf
Water Musician Fenrir

Nature: Quirky
Basically, some dude kinda pissed me off, and I've been stressed because my grandmother passed away and she was my method of coping with the crap at school. I said something that involved the words "list" and "plan" he said something back, and the school only freaked on me, and he told me the same freaking stuff back.

And don't worry, my parents are in on this. They know how I am, and they know me, sorta. Hell, I figured out how my dad found out I was bi, for lack of better terms, was because my grandmother told them because I never really talk to them much anymore, and they're worried about me.

I just want this to end...
I just want my boyfriend with me, to snuggle, and get away from this place called life.....

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Old April 24th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenrirDarkWolf View Post
Basically, some dude kinda pissed me off, and I've been stressed because my grandmother passed away and she was my method of coping with the crap at school. I said something that involved the words "list" and "plan" he said something back, and the school only freaked on me, and he told me the same freaking stuff back.

And don't worry, my parents are in on this. They know how I am, and they know me, sorta. Hell, I figured out how my dad found out I was bi, for lack of better terms, was because my grandmother told them because I never really talk to them much anymore, and they're worried about me.

I just want this to end...
I just want my boyfriend with me, to snuggle, and get away from this place called life.....
Yeah, schools do make a lot of assumptions. But it's kind of like walking into an airport and yelling "I'VE GOT A BOMB!".

If you say anything about planning or listing your kill list these days (even as a joke) you will be interrogated.. Everyone's so scared these days.
Old April 24th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
If you want to get even at him, then don't even tell him. Remember the importance of keeping plausible deniability so he can't hurt you. I'm not advocating for any violence here, I'm just telling you how you can keep yourself safe in any/all circumstances
Old April 28th, 2013, 10:51 AM
voltianqueen
WITH SEAWATER

guess who got a gf

me

Okay, it doesn't really feel like a huge event or anything considering we've been talking to each other like we really were going out for like...a while. So this is just making it "official." I think I'm at a point now where I can start thinking about other people, and other people just happened to be her! Knew it was coming! But ahhhh I wish my relationships weren't always internet-based /lhvclsw

I've been in the long-distance club for a while D: The only difference now is that I'm older now and have the ability to...actually do stuff and get money and things.
Old April 28th, 2013, 11:11 AM
FenrirDarkWolf
Water Musician Fenrir

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltianqueen View Post
guess who got a gf

me

Okay, it doesn't really feel like a huge event or anything considering we've been talking to each other like we really were going out for like...a while. So this is just making it "official." I think I'm at a point now where I can start thinking about other people, and other people just happened to be her! Knew it was coming! But ahhhh I wish my relationships weren't always internet-based /lhvclsw

I've been in the long-distance club for a while D: The only difference now is that I'm older now and have the ability to...actually do stuff and get money and things.
Congrats! :D

My bf's turning 20 tomorrow....
I'll be 16 this July...

JUST ONE MORE YEAR 'TILL I'M OF LEGAL CONSENT AGE!!!
Hell ya!

On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Old April 28th, 2013, 11:28 AM
voltianqueen
WITH SEAWATER

Heck yeah! Legal!

I know how that is, too! My last love was 5-6 years older than me, and I met him four years ago, so.... Next year I'll be the age he was when I met him o__o; Feels a bit weird to think of it like that, but I like how as you get older age starts to matter less and less!
Old April 28th, 2013, 04:07 PM
FenrirDarkWolf
Water Musician Fenrir

Quote:
Heck yeah! Legal!

I know how that is, too! My last love was 5-6 years older than me, and I met him four years ago, so.... Next year I'll be the age he was when I met him o__o; Feels a bit weird to think of it like that, but I like how as you get older age starts to matter less and less!
Hell, age doesn't even matter to me now!
You know, unless it's like a huge difference or something like that.

On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Old April 28th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Heck yeah! Legal!

I've really never thought age was a big deal. Most people get that feeling because the different ages are so segregated during education. Once youre out of education youre rarely around someone who's exactly the same age as you, it's most often within a few years, or more.

My girlfriend is 3 years older than me, and she's more immature and childish the majority of the time.
Whilst she was in the shower today I turned the water to cold on her. I'm supposed to be the mature one, you can imagine how bad she is.
Old April 28th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Inkblots

Nature: Calm
Yeah, I feel like basically, once you're out of your teens, age differences don't really matter that much. There are people I consider friends who are probably twenty or thirty years older than me, and I can sit down and have a conversation with them as though that age difference doesn't even exist. Now, I will admit, if I hear about someone in their twenties dating someone in their forties, well... I do automatically jump to being a little bit suspect of the motives of at least one of them. But if both genuinely want to be in that relationship, then I've got no problem with it.
Old April 28th, 2013, 06:36 PM
FenrirDarkWolf
Water Musician Fenrir

The one thing that's really hurting me right now is distance...
It hurts my heart so much being away from him, even though we talk all the time, it just can't compare to a face-to-face meeting...

But, for him, I'll wait forever if I need too.
I'll do anything for my mate, anything....

On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Old April 28th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenrirDarkWolf View Post
The one thing that's really hurting me right now is distance...
It hurts my heart so much being away from him, even though we talk all the time, it just can't compare to a face-to-face meeting...

But, for him, I'll wait forever if I need too.
I'll do anything for my mate, anything....
I know that feel, and trust me; it gets better. I know thinking 'oh, only a few years until I can drive' seems like a long time, or 'only a few years of education left' but they will fly by, just spend the time enjoying what you do have and you won't realize how fast it goes.

You're lucky to have someone you feel so strongly about at your age, it's a rare thing.
Old April 28th, 2013, 11:43 PM
FenrirDarkWolf
Water Musician Fenrir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somniac View Post
I know that feel, and trust me; it gets better. I know thinking 'oh, only a few years until I can drive' seems like a long time, or 'only a few years of education left' but they will fly by, just spend the time enjoying what you do have and you won't realize how fast it goes.

You're lucky to have someone you feel so strongly about at your age, it's a rare thing.
Thanks...
Both my mate and my older siblings have told me that the last few years of high school will fly by.

I think the hardest thing to think about though is that, he can come to me, but he still has no way to get to me, for he has no money.
That's what gives the biggest blow is that he can come to me, but can't due to lack of funds.

On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Old April 29th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Esper

Hm. I'm of the belief that age usually matters because the bigger the difference the bigger the imbalance of life experience. Like, if you're 14 you're not even thinking about life after high school necessarily, and if you're 19 you're much more concerned with stuff like having a job or going to college.

Oh, and btw the news is saying that a major league basketball player has come out. I'm not a sports person, but I think this is pretty good news.

deviantart blog pair
Old April 29th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
That is great! I think it always good when a celebrity comes out because it can help others come out, especially if they are a fan.

Did you hear about the basketball player Tim Hardaway? He said that he hates gay people on live tv... I think that this was horrible... Everyone has their own opinion, but he probably hurt a lot of fans by saying that.
Old April 29th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

This is huuge news. He is the first sportsman of the major sports leagues: MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL, to come out. This means it's okay to be a gay jock, essentially. I think it will make a huge difference in the athletic culture where macho is more of an emphasis than not. I read his piece, and it is incredibly personal and persuasive. What he did really humanized the LGBT experience to a large segment of the population that would be hesitant to throw their support. I recommend all of you to go and read it: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mag...1_a3&eref=sihp
Old April 29th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Ledgetheorc
Pokemon Researcher

Nature: Docile
i feel age only matters after 19 - 21. At that point you have your life to feel around, before that like said above, you need to think about preparing yourself for life.
Old April 29th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Inkblots

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
Hm. I'm of the belief that age usually matters because the bigger the difference the bigger the imbalance of life experience. Like, if you're 14 you're not even thinking about life after high school necessarily, and if you're 19 you're much more concerned with stuff like having a job or going to college.
Yes, but the older you get, the more things balance out. The difference between a 14-year-old and a 19-year-old? Pretty huge, and so not the best example, because at least one (if not both) of those individuals is still going through a period of dramatic growth, both physically and mentally. But once you reach the point where you can be considered an adult (and by that, I mean the point where a person has more-or-less finished developing, not "legal age" which often seems to be a little too early), the differences that are caused by age start to rapidly diminish, and it's differences in personality that matter more. Take that same 14-year-old and 19-year-old, fast forward a few years to when they're in their 30s, and you probably won't be able to tell which one is older. I have an aunt and uncle who are 10 years apart, and you would never guess there was an age difference of more than a year or two. On the other hand, my parents are only a year apart, but (even though he has a tendency to act like a teenager) most people assume my dad is much older, some have even assumed he's my grandfather.

Now onto the Jason Collins story. I think this is fantastic! I read the Sports Illustrated article also and thought it was wonderfully well written. With so many straight athletes saying they would fully support a gay teammate, I'm glad that there is finally someone who has come out. And I'm really hoping this will go a long way towards dispelling the misconception that gay men are "feminine" (and maybe the assumption that all "feminine" men are gay? Although that may be getting my hopes up a little too high). Hopefully everyone will be mature about it, and not let this affect the way they play with/against him.
Old April 29th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Brynjolf

I'm just about the only person who has a problem with age difference. Really to me it's sort of strange dating someone who is 5+ yrs older because if you think about it, it's like a kindergartner dating an infant. I can't get past that thought :( Someone enlighten me

Also you know what sucks for me today?

This girl who I thought was into me for 5 weeks was only leading me on. I asked her today if she was interested and she just said no I should give up.
And she flirted with me and everything. I guess she just liked the attention. :\
Old April 29th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Hey, I'm with you. I'm the one who started this little convo anyways.

I'll go on right ahead with my male chauvinist self and say it's a girl thing. People can be stupid like that. And attention means a lot to girls, just look at what the media has to say on that. It's not the same for guys, and it's not reflected in society the same way either.
Old April 30th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Brynjolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahISuck View Post
Hey, I'm with you. I'm the one who started this little convo anyways.

I'll go on right ahead with my male chauvinist self and say it's a girl thing. People can be stupid like that. And attention means a lot to girls, just look at what the media has to say on that. It's not the same for guys, and it's not reflected in society the same way either.
Are you replying to me? I have no idea.

But yes I think she was messing with me for attention. :\ It makes me so sad knowing it won't work out though.
Old April 30th, 2013, 08:31 PM
FenrirDarkWolf
Water Musician Fenrir

Anyone wanna hear my drum major voice?
:3

On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Old April 30th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

@Insomniac

She showed her true colours, and that the girl you knew for 5 weeks didn't exist. You feel sad, but don't let the illusion seduce you. I've wasted a lot of time living an illusion and allowing someone to take advantage of me through that. It's not worth it.

@FenrirDarkWolf

Is that like a drill voice?
Old April 30th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Brynjolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahISuck View Post
@Insomniac

She showed her true colours, and that the girl you knew for 5 weeks didn't exist. You feel sad, but don't let the illusion seduce you. I've wasted a lot of time living an illusion and allowing someone to take advantage of me through that. It's not worth it.

@FenrirDarkWolf

Is that like a drill voice?
Ugh.. I knew along the way that her flirting was just for attention.. But I couldn't help making up fantasies in my head. What it would be like to be with her, you know?

Fenrir, let's hear that voice
Old April 30th, 2013, 09:57 PM
FenrirDarkWolf
Water Musician Fenrir

@Blah: Sorta, I think...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...MajorVoice.mp3

VOICE!!!

On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity