Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 26th, 2013 (10:18 AM).
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

Quote originally posted by PhantomX0990:
Oh, and have we not spoken about how awesome Minnesota is?

'Cause it's awesome!
I have a lot of respect for Minnesota now that the whole ordeal is finished over there. Yay!

Ugh guys also.. A whole 8 months of my life I have been dreaming of this girl, I told her I liked her, she lead me on for a month and a half, and then told me to give up. I tried so hard to forget about her.

I had a dream about her last night. :( Make it stop
Old May 26th, 2013 (11:55 PM).
Phantom
Uh, I didn't do it
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Insomniac:
I have a lot of respect for Minnesota now that the whole ordeal is finished over there. Yay!
All the respect for my state! People can start getting married August 1st!

I don't have to move to move if I ever get married. I like this.

Ugh guys also.. A whole 8 months of my life I have been dreaming of this girl, I told her I liked her, she lead me on for a month and a half, and then told me to give up. I tried so hard to forget about her.

I had a dream about her last night. Make it stop
I'm sorry, that sucks.
Old May 27th, 2013 (09:59 AM).
Brynjolf

All the respect for my state! People can start getting married August 1st!

I don't have to move to move if I ever get married. I like this.

I'm sorry, that sucks.

I'm moving to Minnesota! :p naw just kidding. maybe alaska. I really like alaska. Oooh! Or colorado. I dunno.

Yeah I wish I could just let it go. Things are slowly going better though. I'm chin-up today :D
Old May 27th, 2013 (10:46 AM).
Magic
キュウコン

Yeah I wish I could just let it go. Things are slowly going better though. I'm chin-up today :D
As bad as it sounds, I have always found the best way to get over a crush is to find a new one :L haha. Best of luck though!

With regards to the family question, I'm pretty sure nobody in my family has come out, unless they're hiding it well .
Old May 27th, 2013 (01:47 PM).
Phantom
Uh, I didn't do it
Community Supporter

I'm moving to Minnesota! :p naw just kidding. maybe alaska. I really like alaska. Oooh! Or colorado. I dunno.

Minneapolis is amazing. Gayest city in the nation!

Plus we have lots of cool places and people aren't dicks, it's great. Well, there are still jerks around, but they are looked down on. Plus, I'm here, which makes it even more awesome.

While getting another crush might work, it might not be that simple.

Keep that chin-up. You'll find that right person sooner than you think, I'm sure.
Old May 27th, 2013 (06:41 PM).
Brynjolf

Quote originally posted by SwiftSign:
As bad as it sounds, I have always found the best way to get over a crush is to find a new one :L haha. Best of luck though!

With regards to the family question, I'm pretty sure nobody in my family has come out, unless they're hiding it well :P.
I know I should find a new crush but I'm just too obsessed with her. And my would-be crush has a girlfriend :(

Minneapolis is amazing. Gayest city in the nation!

Plus we have lots of cool places and people aren't dicks, it's great. Well, there are still jerks around, but they are looked down on. Plus, I'm here, which makes it even more awesome.

While getting another crush might work, it might not be that simple.

Keep that chin-up. You'll find that right person sooner than you think, I'm sure.
I know what you mean with "it may not be that simple". I don't wanna be the person to use a new crush as a band aid for the old one. :( That doesn't get me anywhere.

Minneapolis just sounds like a cool place to visit regardless
Old May 27th, 2013 (09:18 PM).
Phantom
Uh, I didn't do it
Community Supporter

I know what you mean with "it may not be that simple". I don't wanna be the person to use a new crush as a band aid for the old one. That doesn't get me anywhere.
Band aids suck anyways. They never freaking stay on. You end up having to rip them off, or they fall off more like, and that's not fair to the band aid. It's not it's fault its adhesive is faulty.

Yes, that was an analogy.

I think.

In the end, it's really up to you. For now, go out with friends, start a project, or something to get your mind off things. Maybe some time alone might help you get yourself together enough or something to put yourself back out there?

Minneapolis just sounds like a cool place to visit regardless.
It is, and St. Paul isn't that bad either.

It's a pretty cool state, really community based, "Minnesota Nice" and all.
Old May 28th, 2013 (12:36 PM).
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
I agree with Phantom. For now, just live your life and have a good time until you feel ready. Sometimes you find the right person when you aren't even looking. That is what happened with my girlfriend. And don't let that girl get you too down. If she led you on then she isn't very nice and isn't worth your time. You will find someone better. Trust me, I know from experience.
Old May 28th, 2013 (01:59 PM).
Aeon
Dayum, son. Where'd you find this?
Community Supporter

Welp. I guess it's finally going to happen. I'm going to be telling my mom that I'm MtF...I'm just as excited as I'm nervous...which is very for both.
Old May 28th, 2013 (06:49 PM).
Brynjolf

Quote originally posted by Aeon:
Welp. I guess it's finally going to happen. I'm going to be telling my mom that I'm MtF...I'm just as excited as I'm nervous...which is very for both.
Yay! I hope it goes well! :3 We'll all be thinking of you

Quote originally posted by Rai:
I agree with Phantom. For now, just live your life and have a good time until you feel ready. Sometimes you find the right person when you aren't even looking. That is what happened with my girlfriend. And don't let that girl get you too down. If she led you on then she isn't very nice and isn't worth your time. You will find someone better. Trust me, I know from experience.
You know what I did? I deleted her phone number.

And now I swear to god I feel 80% better than yesterday. I didn't feel obliged to text her every time I saw her name.

Band aids suck anyways. They never freaking stay on. You end up having to rip them off, or they fall off more like, and that's not fair to the band aid. It's not it's fault its adhesive is faulty.

Yes, that was an analogy.

I think.

In the end, it's really up to you. For now, go out with friends, start a project, or something to get your mind off things. Maybe some time alone might help you get yourself together enough or something to put yourself back out there?

It is, and St. Paul isn't that bad either.

It's a pretty cool state, really community based, "Minnesota Nice" and all.

I think I'm doing pretty well right now actually. I've been doing better since yesterday anyway.

St. Paul? Is that the capital? (oh my god I'm stupid)
Old May 29th, 2013 (05:59 AM). Edited May 29th, 2013 by Counterfeit.
Counterfeit

Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Skype™ to Counterfeit
If you remember my previous post I was becoming pretty sure I was bi, but it still wasn't the most clear cut thing ever.

Well, as I continue to try and understand my sexuality I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that it's empathy for the other person that's key.

Physically attraction is present, but not nearly as relevant.

To put it crudely I get off from making other people feel good. (Or as it stands at the moment, imagining such things wow that sounds lonely ._. )

Now, not that I need one at all but, is there a name for this? Demisexual seems the closest, but still pretty far off as the empathy doesn't have to come from any deep relationship.

As well is anyone else, or does anybody know of anybody, similar to me in this regard?
Old May 29th, 2013 (09:29 AM).
Aeon
Dayum, son. Where'd you find this?
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Counterfeit:
Now, not that I need one at all but, is there a name for this? Demisexual seems the closest, but still pretty far off as the empathy doesn't have to come from any deep relationship.
Demi is probably the most accurate thing for ya.

Anyways, back to what happened last night:

So I decided I would finally tell my mom that I am MtF through a three page letter, also going about how the gender dysphoria has slowed down my progress, my life happiness, and how I'm just looking for support. Well when I got home last night we talked about it for about a solid thirty minutes. She was saying that she always knew something was upsetting me all the time, and was actually extremely happy to see me write it because it's the most feelings she has seen from me in all of my life. She went onto other stuff, like how she just wants me to be happy in life no matter what it takes, and said she supports me, is proud of me, etc.

TL;DR, happiest I've been in years.
Old May 29th, 2013 (11:16 AM).
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
You know what I did? I deleted her phone number.

And now I swear to god I feel 80% better than yesterday. I didn't feel obliged to text her every time I saw her name.
That's great! That is the first step. Try to get her out of your mind.

@Aeon- That is amazing! You are so lucky to have such a supportive mom. I am happy for you
Old May 29th, 2013 (04:50 PM).
Brynjolf

If you remember my previous post I was becoming pretty sure I was bi, but it still wasn't the most clear cut thing ever.

Well, as I continue to try and understand my sexuality I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that it's empathy for the other person that's key.

Physically attraction is present, but not nearly as relevant.

To put it crudely I get off from making other people feel good. (Or as it stands at the moment, imagining such things wow that sounds lonely ._. )

As well is anyone else, or does anybody know of anybody, similar to me in this regard?
Demisexual is pretty accurate yeah. I think I'm demisexual too but I still only love women. It can apply to anyone pretty much.

Demi is probably the most accurate thing for ya.

Anyways, back to what happened last night:

So I decided I would finally tell my mom that I am MtF through a three page letter, also going about how the gender dysphoria has slowed down my progress, my life happiness, and how I'm just looking for support. Well when I got home last night we talked about it for about a solid thirty minutes. She was saying that she always knew something was upsetting me all the time, and was actually extremely happy to see me write it because it's the most feelings she has seen from me in all of my life. She went onto other stuff, like how she just wants me to be happy in life no matter what it takes, and said she supports me, is proud of me, etc.

That is so great :D I was hoping it would go well but I was also fearing the alternative. I'm so glad she accepts you!

Quote originally posted by Rai:
That's great! That is the first step. Try to get her out of your mind.

@Aeon- That is amazing! You are so lucky to have such a supportive mom. I am happy for you ^^
I have also made it clear to her that I have no intention of flirting with her either.. I'm tired of it.

This thread is turning happier lol
Old May 29th, 2013 (05:06 PM).
Esper

That's really something. It's great to have someone you can be open with and who can be supportive of you.

deviantart blog pair
Old May 30th, 2013 (11:38 AM).
Counterfeit

BI-ROMATIC/PANROMATIC DEMISEXUAL!

I'VE FIGURED IT OUT!

HOLY **** you have no idea of the load that has taken off my shoulders

actually of all people you lot should come the closest
Old May 31st, 2013 (03:51 PM).
Phantom
Uh, I didn't do it
Community Supporter

So, I had my heart ripped out by a text message earlier today.

Apparently she didn't see us together in the 'end game' and thought it would be easier than to break it off two years from now.

That I can get. I understand feeling that way.

But a flipping text message. That's the lowest form of...

I just need all the hugs.

On the other hand. Back on the market. Overjoyed >:/
Old May 31st, 2013 (04:11 PM).
Brynjolf

I'VE FIGURED IT OUT!

That is a really long label :o Cool you figured it out

Apparently she didn't see us together in the 'end game' and thought it would be easier than to break it off two years from now.

:( *hugs* ugh I know how you feel. You know you've got someone to talk to buddy
Old May 31st, 2013 (04:21 PM).
Phantom
Uh, I didn't do it
Community Supporter

Worst part is she did this and hour before I needed to be at work. So now I haven't had a chance to recover since. And by recover I mean play Skyrim and kill everything in game, then find my dog to use as giant pillow, proceed cuddling while watching cheesy comedies all night. And then later in the week having a large bonfire with my bro.

I have a system.

I think I give up on romance though. Being a hopeless romantic sucks from this point of view.
Old May 31st, 2013 (05:38 PM).
Kanzler
naughty biscotti
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
You'll die a little inside every time it happens. It's not too bad in the long run, though. I don't think I'm a romantic anymore and life is pretty awesome considering that what I had before was a dream and not a very good one. You'll learn that you're still able to chase dreams, it's just up to you to find the right ones to chase. I think it's very empowering to realize that you don't need to be limited by the expectations brought about by being a hopeless romantic, and as well realizing your ability to vie so fiercely for something. Somebody better always comes along, so I'm told, but it's probably true.
#363 Spheal
Supporter Collab January 2015
mod of nothing
paired to Axeliira
Old May 31st, 2013 (06:41 PM).
Inkblots

Nature: Calm

I'VE FIGURED IT OUT!

I know exactly how you feel Congratulations on figuring it out!
Old May 31st, 2013 (07:19 PM).
YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias
~Be by my side for Eternity ~

Nature: Serious

I'VE FIGURED IT OUT!

ZOMG, CONGRATS CONGRATS!! :D The load must have been sooo bulky~ x.x

WHO IN THE RIGHT MIND WOULD DO IT OVER A TEXT MESSAGE?? THAT'S JUST....UGH!!~ -.-'

I'm sorry about your heart being ripped out, know what it's like... D:

*Gives you a big hug* :>

Yeah being back in the market must feel pretty godamn good, no? xD

Gym Leader Cheren
Partner N'Crime
| Showdown! | PC Family | Pairs

Currently on Hiatus until further notice.
Old May 31st, 2013 (10:08 PM).
Brynjolf

Worst part is she did this and hour before I needed to be at work. So now I haven't had a chance to recover since. And by recover I mean play Skyrim and kill everything in game, then find my dog to use as giant pillow, proceed cuddling while watching cheesy comedies all night. And then later in the week having a large bonfire with my bro.

I have a system.

I think I give up on romance though. Being a hopeless romantic sucks from this point of view.
:( You'll find someone great eventually. It is a process that takes a while depending on how you go through it. We'll be supporting you though

Quote originally posted by BlahISuck:
You'll die a little inside every time it happens. It's not too bad in the long run, though. I don't think I'm a romantic anymore and life is pretty awesome considering that what I had before was a dream and not a very good one. You'll learn that you're still able to chase dreams, it's just up to you to find the right ones to chase. I think it's very empowering to realize that you don't need to be limited by the expectations brought about by being a hopeless romantic, and as well realizing your ability to vie so fiercely for something. Somebody better always comes along, so I'm told, but it's probably true.
I agree with this. Times will be tough for a while, but you have to eventually move on. Someone else will come along :)
Old June 1st, 2013 (02:36 AM).
Counterfeit

That is a really long label :o Cool you figured it out
Yeah, unfortunately I think It has the potential to work against it's credibility; I can imagine getting a quarter way through it and my dad bursting out laughing.

I'm probably going to simplify it when telling my parents and just say I'm Bi. (eventually)

I've told my closest cousin already though and he's been very accepting. :']

Quote originally posted by Inkblots:
I know exactly how you feel :) Congratulations on figuring it out!
I'm glad you figured yourself out too. :]

Quote originally posted by Twihiki_Amias:
ZOMG, CONGRATS CONGRATS!! :D The load must have been sooo bulky~ x.x
Not only had It caused me to question myself as to whether I was making up any attraction I had for guys o_0, but also caused me to have feelings that, when directed towards certain people, are deemed inappropriate by most. (e.g Relationships that start out platonic and are perceived by the other party to be fixed in place here can often turn into an unrequited kinda biz)

tyyyyy again you lovely people

I'll stop going on now though and join in the conversation.

@Insomniac: Deleting their number was a good move. Out of sight, out of mind.

It really pays to watch how much you think about things that are getting you down, and whether anything good comes out of it at all.

Focus on yourself and the things that you enjoy instead, and like Phantom said have to stuff to do.

@Aeon: That's aweeesoooome news! :DD

And well done, you were really brave. :]

Writing it down was a good move; I think this method of delivery really helps combat people underestimating the certainty that we feel and how much thought has gone into it all.

@Phantom: I'd like to believe that the reason they chose to text that instead of saying it face to face is because they were, to a certain extent, embarrassed. It's usually a problem they THEY have in these types of situations, which they are aware of, and just struggle to break it off without hurting the other person.

This is just what I'm getting from my experience though.
Old June 1st, 2013 (03:50 AM).
Classical Insect
Fight 'til you win.
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Classical Insect
Interrupting the flow, per usual.

I'm going to say that I'm ignorant of these terms for the most part, care to explain them in your own terms? I mean, I looked it up and I sorta kinda get it.

Also, congrats Jose~

THE EXTREMELY LONELY PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links