The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #4026    
Old July 8th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Insomniac's Avatar
Insomniac
It's so overt it's covert.
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 221B Baker Street
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzRozen View Post
I thought I might as well say a hello to this thread again n,n' (it pains me to say again; why can't I stay on one site at a time gah)

Well its not that it matters too much, I wasnt that "big" on this site or thread. Well, I'm Rozen (or Matt) and I'm genderqueer and pansexual. I'm not a really serious person with sexuality and gender, I'm who I am and I'll like who I like.

So to add something besides my reintroduction; I have some plans for a convention I'm going to (Otakon) - I'm going to be doing some crossplay (which apperently is a bit more taboo for guys?) with Meenah Peixes (homestuck), and I may also rock out some stockings when I go up to the LGBT group center (Don't forget the yaoi and yuri :>),
Hello, welcome to the gayest thread in the land!

I've been wanting to ask this for a long time. What is genderqueer?
__________________
Are you sure you want to play this game?
I'm afraid you'd lose
Reply With Quote
  #4027    
Old July 9th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Catholic Nun's Avatar
Catholic Nun
Back in the habit.
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Catholic Nun
I'm glad I went to all the effort of making Scarf compile that list of definitions in the original post just to have nobody ever see it
__________________

Moderator of Chit Chat Cafe
Reply With Quote
  #4028    
Old July 9th, 2013, 07:33 AM
SchwarzRozen's Avatar
SchwarzRozen
Sugary Delight
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Richmond, VA
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to SchwarzRozen
I don't care if I get recognized as a girl or a guy, as same as I don't mind being a girl or a guy. I have more girly moments in my life and then I have more boyish moments. Right now I'm in a very girly moment right now, and I love it <3

I have gone through many different identity phases, bouncing around all diffrent trans and non trans identitys, however I've found myself most happy when I'm just apathetic to gender and just kind of go with the flow; if I'm girly then I am girly, and if I'm not then I'm not, simple as that n,n'

Right now I'm in a really girly phase for example however one week from now I could be out of it and just be in a "eh, whatever" kind of mood towards my gender. Sometimes its hard to explain to people around me, so if there is confusion I understand. Not a lot around here seem to understand that I like relax on the raft on gender river than to try to stir the boat one way or another u,u'

but as I said; really don't care as its really something between me, the glitter, the stockings, and myself again. n,n
__________________
~|FC - 2409-6359-0843|~
Reply With Quote
  #4029    
Old July 9th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Insomniac's Avatar
Insomniac
It's so overt it's covert.
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 221B Baker Street
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzRozen View Post
I don't care if I get recognized as a girl or a guy, as same as I don't mind being a girl or a guy. I have more girly moments in my life and then I have more boyish moments. Right now I'm in a very girly moment right now, and I love it <3

I have gone through many different identity phases, bouncing around all diffrent trans and non trans identitys, however I've found myself most happy when I'm just apathetic to gender and just kind of go with the flow; if I'm girly then I am girly, and if I'm not then I'm not, simple as that n,n'

Right now I'm in a really girly phase for example however one week from now I could be out of it and just be in a "eh, whatever" kind of mood towards my gender. Sometimes its hard to explain to people around me, so if there is confusion I understand. Not a lot around here seem to understand that I like relax on the raft on gender river than to try to stir the boat one way or another u,u'

but as I said; really don't care as its really something between me, the glitter, the stockings, and myself again. n,n
So basically you're whatever the heck you want, go with the flow? Sounds awesome :D
__________________
Are you sure you want to play this game?
I'm afraid you'd lose
Reply With Quote
  #4030    
Old July 10th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Esper's Avatar
Esper
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
I hope someday in the future everyone will just "go with the flow." Like, not everyone being genderfluid or genderqueer or anything like that necessarily. Just that no one will wonder or care if you're male or female or both or neither or if you're not the same thing you were last week.
__________________

deviantart blog pair
Reply With Quote
  #4031    
Old July 10th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Insomniac's Avatar
Insomniac
It's so overt it's covert.
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 221B Baker Street
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
I hope someday in the future everyone will just "go with the flow." Like, not everyone being genderfluid or genderqueer or anything like that necessarily. Just that no one will wonder or care if you're male or female or both or neither or if you're not the same thing you were last week.
Yeah I agree. I just wish no one cared what anyone was. As long as they're good people, then I'm cool with 'em!
__________________
Are you sure you want to play this game?
I'm afraid you'd lose
Reply With Quote
  #4032    
Old July 10th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Genesis's Avatar
Genesis
The world needs a new hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Now, don't be a stalker :3
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
I know I'm not part of the club or anything but I always wanted to ask this question. It was in my mind for a little while now. It's mostly directed to those who change genders through an operation : Why would you do it?
I don't quite get why one would like to change his gender and if possible, I'd like to get some answers on it. I mean no harm and excuse me if this offense anyone in any manner.
__________________

genesis @ vm | pm | FF.net | credits | pairs
Out there, in the silence, I'll be gone
Reply With Quote
  #4033    
Old July 10th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ 82.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
There are people who grow up feeling that their body and soul don't match. So they decide to match the body to the soul.
__________________
Minerva.
Reply With Quote
  #4034    
Old July 10th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Inkblots's Avatar
Inkblots
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
I hope someday in the future everyone will just "go with the flow." Like, not everyone being genderfluid or genderqueer or anything like that necessarily. Just that no one will wonder or care if you're male or female or both or neither or if you're not the same thing you were last week.
I'm back! Work is crazy *dies*

Anyway, I totally agree with this. The older I get, the more I really don't care what gender a person is.
Reply With Quote
  #4035    
Old July 10th, 2013, 09:42 PM
TornZero's Avatar
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In your pantry, eatin' your delicious cake.
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNathan View Post
I know I'm not part of the club or anything but I always wanted to ask this question. It was in my mind for a little while now. It's mostly directed to those who change genders through an operation : Why would you do it?
I don't quite get why one would like to change his gender and if possible, I'd like to get some answers on it. I mean no harm and excuse me if this offense anyone in any manner.
Non-hateful questions are very welcome, as far as I know. It only takes a little effort to understand it, even if you don't accept it, as long as you're not actively going against it. In answer, it's not just a change -- it's a correction. A bug fix, so to speak.

Think about this: if something in your body wasn't wired properly according to your brain, wouldn't you want to have that resolved?

If there's a bug in your game that affects how the end-user plays it, like a clipping issue or models that aren't being rendered incorrectly (such as parts being too big or too small), you'd want to get rid of the bug so the player can fully enjoy the game.

For a minority of players it's tolerable, even if they can't really enjoy it; they just want to get through the game. For others, they find debilitating issues surrounding that bug, preventing them from progressing; in severe cases, such as a total lack of tech support (or worse, tech support laughs at the player and/or blames them for the bug), players can throw in the controller and give up on the game altogether. (This is, of course, to imply attempts at suicide. Many transpeople have attempted suicide due to lack of support and mockery from the people they need the emotional strength from.)

You can also relate it to a phantom limb sensation, since that's something nearly everyone understands. The limb isn't there after you've lost it, but your brain still thinks it is due to wiring; it's a part of your body, even if it isn't there, and your brain knows it. Therefore, you feel as if the limb was still attached to you. For transpeople, this is one explanation of how their brain-body relationship works.

It isn't so much as being "a man trapped in a woman's body" or vice versa. I actually find this phrasing offensive when used personally. My body is, in fact, mine; there are just some bugs in the programming.

Hopefully this helps you understand it in more personal terms (rather than social or spiritual) if at least a bit.



Also, instead of double-posting under the new account, announcement time as if my signature wasn't enough: I'm moving accounts for very little reason besides wanting to move accounts to coincide with various other movements (and potential, hopeful movements) going on in my life, so I'll be posting under that one from now on.
__________________

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.

Last edited by TornZero; July 10th, 2013 at 11:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4036    
Old July 11th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Esper's Avatar
Esper
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNathan View Post
I know I'm not part of the club or anything but I always wanted to ask this question. It was in my mind for a little while now. It's mostly directed to those who change genders through an operation : Why would you do it?
I don't quite get why one would like to change his gender and if possible, I'd like to get some answers on it. I mean no harm and excuse me if this offense anyone in any manner.
Imagine that suddenly everybody have feet instead of hands and vice versa, but you still feel how you do now. Everyone tells you it's normal to have feet on your arms and hands on your legs, but you feel that you have to have hands on your arms. It's just something you know is right for you.

The simplest way of explaining it is that it comes down to being comfortable with yourself. Most people don't worry about this aspect of themselves because they're already comfortable with that part of themselves. They are biologically male or female, people treat them male or female, and that's how they feel about themselves.

There are people who are only sort of uncomfortable up through people who are very uncomfortable and depending on what each person feels they need to do to be themselves determines if they'll have surgeries or hormones. Not everyone will have the same exact reasons or experiences though.
__________________

deviantart blog pair
Reply With Quote
  #4037    
Old July 11th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Genesis's Avatar
Genesis
The world needs a new hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Now, don't be a stalker :3
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Ok thanks for the answers. It's clearer to me now.
__________________

genesis @ vm | pm | FF.net | credits | pairs
Out there, in the silence, I'll be gone
Reply With Quote
  #4038    
Old July 13th, 2013, 02:33 PM
FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
FenrirDarkWolf
Water Musician Fenrir
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Heyo everyone~
I realized that I haven't posted in a while, so...
Hello everyone, I'm trying to get back lol
__________________

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Reply With Quote
  #4039    
Old July 13th, 2013, 02:37 PM
PhantomX0990's Avatar
PhantomX0990
Uh, I didn't do it.
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Guys... guuuuuys...

I need halp.

Imput.

Celery.

Something.

I had a ****ing revelation at a wrong damn time. And I now want to beat myself over the head with a fish because dammit I'm an idiot.

A BIG ****ING FISH. LIKE A TUNA OR SOMETHING, or maybe a whale shark, because **** it's a whale and a shark.

You know, I thought I had myself pretty locked down. I knew who I was, and I wasn't going to let others change that.

I'm twitchy again, I should stop that.

Bisexuality, it's... a thing. Was my thing. I was bi, happy to be so, because that was me. I've dated guys and gals, hell was engaged to a guy for a little while before things fell apart for us.

In fact, I'm dating a guy now. He think's it's a relationship, and yet here I am in the corner screaming asking myself what in the sam diddly hell I was thinking. Just... NOPENOPENOPE.

I now realize how freaking gay I am.

As in. All gay.

I don't even know what I'm asking for. I don't even know what I'm really saying. I feel a mix of happy with extreme confusion.

Hello my name is Phantom, and I'm lesbian. Or at least I'm pretty damn sure. Like, 98.786972% sure.

Yeah, I'm sure. I'm just really hyper and confused.

I don't even know what I'm doing. Though I think it's safe to say I'll be breaking up with him.
__________________
"I'll just... wait here then..."
Reply With Quote
  #4040    
Old July 13th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Insomniac's Avatar
Insomniac
It's so overt it's covert.
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 221B Baker Street
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX0990 View Post
Guys... guuuuuys...

I need halp.

Imput.

Celery.

Something.

I had a ****ing revelation at a wrong damn time. And I now want to beat myself over the head with a fish because dammit I'm an idiot.

A BIG ****ING FISH. LIKE A TUNA OR SOMETHING, or maybe a whale shark, because **** it's a whale and a shark.

You know, I thought I had myself pretty locked down. I knew who I was, and I wasn't going to let others change that.

I'm twitchy again, I should stop that.

Bisexuality, it's... a thing. Was my thing. I was bi, happy to be so, because that was me. I've dated guys and gals, hell was engaged to a guy for a little while before things fell apart for us.

In fact, I'm dating a guy now. He think's it's a relationship, and yet here I am in the corner screaming asking myself what in the sam diddly hell I was thinking. Just... NOPENOPENOPE.

I now realize how freaking gay I am.

As in. All gay.

I don't even know what I'm asking for. I don't even know what I'm really saying. I feel a mix of happy with extreme confusion.

Hello my name is Phantom, and I'm lesbian. Or at least I'm pretty damn sure. Like, 98.786972% sure.

Yeah, I'm sure. I'm just really hyper and confused.

I don't even know what I'm doing. Though I think it's safe to say I'll be breaking up with him.
I think it's a good thing you're figuring out who you are. I feel bad for the dude though.

Being unsure is uncomfortable. Speaking of that, I was 100% sure I was lesbian a couple months ago and now I'm questioning whether or not I'm trans. :\

I don't think I am though.

I guess you can join the lesbian club then? :p
__________________
Are you sure you want to play this game?
I'm afraid you'd lose
Reply With Quote
  #4041    
Old July 13th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ 82.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Are you sure that it's because he's a dude, and not just because the two of you don't get along well? I don't want to sound like I'm suspicious of your intentions or anything - it's just that you say you're sure and you're confused, and I don't know what to make of that.
__________________
Minerva.
Reply With Quote
  #4042    
Old July 13th, 2013, 04:18 PM
PhantomX0990's Avatar
PhantomX0990
Uh, I didn't do it.
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
I think it's a good thing you're figuring out who you are. I feel bad for the dude though.

Being unsure is uncomfortable. Speaking of that, I was 100% sure I was lesbian a couple months ago and now I'm questioning whether or not I'm trans. :\

I don't think I am though.

I guess you can join the lesbian club then? :p
We have been dating a total of two weeks, actually been on four/five dates. I feel bad for him too. I feel bad for doing this, I mean in his shoes I'd be upset, but maybe I should think about myself for once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahISuck View Post
Are you sure that it's because he's a dude, and not just because the two of you don't get along well? I don't want to sound like I'm suspicious of your intentions or anything - it's just that you say you're sure and you're confused, and I don't know what to make of that.
It's not him. He's actually a sweet guy.

I just don't want that life. I see myself happiest with another woman. I think the confusion was how random as **** this revelation appeared. Just this morning my first thought was, "Yup, I'm pretty damn gay."

In all seriousness, I've been in my head all day, thinking. (I was a bit jumpy before) I just looked back at all my relationships that ever meant something. I was always happiest when I was dating another woman. With men I always felt uncomfortable somehow, like I had to fill a role that just wasn't... me. I've always said that I date women completely different than I date men. But the thing is, how I act, who I am is more natural when I am with a woman I care about.
__________________
"I'll just... wait here then..."
Reply With Quote
  #4043    
Old July 13th, 2013, 05:54 PM
SchwarzRozen's Avatar
SchwarzRozen
Sugary Delight
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Richmond, VA
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to SchwarzRozen
All I have to say be yourself, and be who makes you happy; don't let the labels define you! 0u0
Good luck on your exploration now~
__________________
~|FC - 2409-6359-0843|~
Reply With Quote
  #4044    
Old July 13th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Rai's Avatar
Rai
Misao <3
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Another World
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX0990 View Post
I was always happiest when I was dating another woman. With men I always felt uncomfortable somehow, like I had to fill a role that just wasn't... me. I've always said that I date women completely different than I date men. But the thing is, how I act, who I am is more natural when I am with a woman I care about.
That is exactly how I feel. I feel happy and comfortable with women. It feels natural and it feels right. When I think of myself with a guy, it just doesn't compute in my head. I can be friends with guys, but there isn't the same kind of connection I feel with women. With women, I feel a deep, emotional connection. With guys, it is just kind of whatever. I could never date one because they don't make me feel the same way girls do. I feel so comfortable when I am with my girlfriend. It feels so natural and I know that I want to be with women the rest of my life, particularly her.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4045    
Old July 14th, 2013, 01:25 AM
GreatTornado's Avatar
GreatTornado
other in a month When you,
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
I CAME OUT TO ANOTHER PERSON TODAY :D

Me: I updated my fb (facebook)
*She looks at my facebook*
Her: Err is there something wrong with your fb? It says you're attracted to men (GAY)
Me: I know :3
Her: Soo your attracted to X (My (male) friend)
Me: NO XD
Her: Y, Z (Both (male) friends)
Me: NO
Her: I don't know if I should believe you
Me: It wasn't obvious?
__________________
My Challenges:

Challenges Completed:
The Favourites Challenge - Black 2 - 28/01/13

Challenges In Progress:
The Location Challenge - Black 2
The Random Pokemon Challenge - Black 2
Reply With Quote
  #4046    
Old July 14th, 2013, 02:36 AM
SchwarzRozen's Avatar
SchwarzRozen
Sugary Delight
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Richmond, VA
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to SchwarzRozen
I love the assumption that people who have preferences outside of the opposite sex that there is an assumption that they like everyone of the other sex, or they "put out" for everyone of that other sex. Its even worse for pans and bisexual people where their are assumptions that they love everyone and will do anyone. u,u
__________________
~|FC - 2409-6359-0843|~
Reply With Quote
  #4047    
Old July 14th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Esper's Avatar
Esper
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzRozen View Post
I love the assumption that people who have preferences outside of the opposite sex that there is an assumption that they like everyone of the other sex, or they "put out" for everyone of that other sex. Its even worse for pans and bisexual people where their are assumptions that they love everyone and will do anyone. u,u
While that's true, and dumb, I think part of it is that people really like to know who's attracted to who. People like to gossip and play matchmaker so they wanna know who could be attracted to whom at any moment.
__________________

deviantart blog pair
Reply With Quote
  #4048    
Old July 14th, 2013, 09:51 PM
GreatTornado's Avatar
GreatTornado
other in a month When you,
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Today at school the friend who I came out to yesterday came out to me as Bisexual!

She likes pokemon as well... I have an ingenious idea
__________________
My Challenges:

Challenges Completed:
The Favourites Challenge - Black 2 - 28/01/13

Challenges In Progress:
The Location Challenge - Black 2
The Random Pokemon Challenge - Black 2
Reply With Quote
  #4049    
Old July 15th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Insomniac's Avatar
Insomniac
It's so overt it's covert.
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 221B Baker Street
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzRozen View Post
I love the assumption that people who have preferences outside of the opposite sex that there is an assumption that they like everyone of the other sex, or they "put out" for everyone of that other sex. Its even worse for pans and bisexual people where their are assumptions that they love everyone and will do anyone. u,u
However, just because someone's bi or pan doesn't mean they're an attention *****. I know 2 girls who will date anyone for attention.. Just constantly recycle boyfriends over and over and make stupid decisions.

I'm definitely not saying only LGBT people do this, either. I know PLENTY of straight girls who put out the needy vibe and get a whole ton of boyfriends and then break up with them for attention.. Ugh.

But yes, the stereotype of bi and pans trying to **** everyone they meet needs to stop. It's inappropriate. Only some idiots actually do that
__________________
Are you sure you want to play this game?
I'm afraid you'd lose
Reply With Quote
  #4050    
Old July 15th, 2013, 12:51 PM
New Eden's Avatar
New Eden
Master Spork
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: My empire of dirt
Gender: Female
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
But yes, the stereotype of bi and pans trying to **** everyone they meet needs to stop. It's inappropriate. Only some idiots actually do that
I.e. my cousin. Occasionally he just slips into convo "so uh.... have you gotten laid yet?" It's quite annoying really.

Also this is Aeon. I have switched to a different account in order to accomodate my slowly impending changes to my life (pretty much starting fresh for the most part.)
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:50 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.