Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old August 11th, 2014 (3:26 PM).
Team LeaderCS

In some ways, there are parallels between being 'otherkin' and being trans - which is probably where the ~it might harm the transmovement~ ideas coming up.

What strikes me, from looking at apparently authentic ~kin blogs is that they have decided they used to be a bear/wolf/dragon simply because they like them. One blog I read mentioned their labeling as kin as being influenced by an anime show. So if that's the case, it's an escapism - but at the same time why are do people feel the need to label themselves? People play pretend, whether in their heads, in person or in video games its the insistence on labeling these things as a fact that gets me confused.

Quote:
Then there's this outbreak of something called fictionkin. What the heck? I've seen enough of this to know that it's a load of dung. From the ironically reblogged posts that sometimes cross my dash, I know that this is either a very elaborate attempt at trolling, or someone's undiluted stupidity.
I assumed it was one or the other too - same with 'plantkin' and 'spacekin' tbh.

Relevant Advertising!

Old August 12th, 2014 (6:21 AM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant
I saw somebody on Tumblr who thought they were a microwave. I don't want that kind of crazy in LGBT rights circles.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old August 12th, 2014 (6:54 AM). Edited August 12th, 2014 by Hann.
What's all the Buzz about...

Nature: Lonely
Sorry to derail from the topic a bit, but I just read this article from a few days ago and I just thought I should share it to see if anyone else has heard about it and see what you think about it. (The only thing that bothers me a lot are the comments on it, some of those people are so ******* dumb and they piss me of a lot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katholic Nun View Post
I saw somebody on Tumblr who thought they were a microwave. I don't want that kind of crazy in LGBT rights circles.
If they want to fight for their rights (whatever ones they don't get), they should start their own 'group'. The basic difference (by which I mean very basic and not really well thought out) between otherkin, fictionkin, etc. (from the little I've read about it) and LGBTQ is belief/'fiction' versus facts (especially with 'fiction'kin). I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone, but come on if you are going to use the term fictionkin you can't blame people for not believing it is real.

Completed
SR - Venusaur (Leaf Green, Soul Silver), Charizard (Red, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black, X), Blastoise (Blue), Butterfree (Fire Red, Gold), Pidgeot (Fire Red), Raticate (Leaf Green), Arbok (Heart Gold), Raichu (X), Clefable (Fire Red), Dugtrio (Fire Red), Golduck (Fire Red, Ruby), Arcanine (Leaf Green), Poliwrath (Fire Red), Victreebel (Ruby), Golem (Sapphire), Weezing (Blue), Rhyhorn (Emerald), Mr. Mime (X), Pinsir (Red), Vaporeon (Platinum), Omastar (Leaf Green), Zapdos (Red, Silver, Sapphire), Mew (Fire Red, Silver), Typhlosion (Leaf Green), Feraligatr (X), Houndoom (Leaf Green), Suicune (Fire Red), Tyranitar (Leaf Green), Ho-Oh (X), Swampert (Fire Red, Sapphire), Exploud (Diamond), Torkoal (Fire Red), Absol (Leaf Green, Ruby), Kyogre (Fire Red), Infernape (Black), Abomasnow (Black), Chesnaught (X)
MC - Red (Fire Red, Ruby, Platinum), Yellow (White 2)
MT - Bug (Fire Red), Grass (Platinum), Normal (X), Rock (Soul Silver), Steel (Platinum)
Old August 12th, 2014 (7:17 AM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I don't understand the pronouns. You're a rabbit, okay. Pronouns are based on gender, not species. We're not "manself". If you're a girl rabbit you're herself, if you're a boy rabbit you're himself.

I think this falls more into New Age philosophy than LGBT in reality. Like, reincarnation and the spirits of animals are the same as the spirits of humans and fictional creatures exist somewhere out there in another plane or something.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old August 19th, 2014 (5:50 AM).
Playhouse Pokemon
Crystal Tier

Wow! I haven't posted here for a while!
Sorry to interrupt the current topic, but I have a question ish:

I'm going to my first gay event this Friday and I have absolutely no idea what to expect. It's organized by a university pride club so I don't think it's going to be complete anarchy and the dress code is glitter and colour. I'm super excited to go (my friends going too) but at the same time I'm super scared - what should I prepare for?

I'm not going to dress in glitter (I just want to go in normal going out clothes), and since this is the first place I'll have been to where gay is the default, my expectations stem solely from online research and tv sitcoms. What happens at a gay event?
I'm hoping it's just a normal event, but I've heard people will try to pick up, and males get better bartender service and to NEVER leave your drink

So, to those who have been to a gay bar/event/place where homosexuality is assumed (outside of the internet): what was the experience like?
Old August 19th, 2014 (8:55 PM).
Uh, I didn't do it
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impo View Post
What happens at a gay event?

So, to those who have been to a gay bar/event/place where homosexuality is assumed (outside of the internet): what was the experience like?
See, what we do is we get everyone together, then we take a bus out to the woods. We find the clearing, because, you know, it's the regular thing. And everyone strips naked, and we paint each other with glowing paint, in the symbols for our specific tribe. Then we put on the feathers, and glitter, lots of glitter. And exactly as the clock hits 1AM we dance beneath the full moon, chanting Queen songs and praying to Lady Gaga.

Honestly, it's just like any other bar or club, just gay. And events are just bad coffee and stale cookies most of the time, I mean, unless you actually have funding.
Old August 25th, 2014 (8:08 PM).
You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
Silver Tier

Nature: Jolly
Hi, I'd also like to sign up! I don't know what I am... Sometimes I think I'm bisexual, other times, I'm not. My friends call me "bicurious", but I don't know what that means, and I honestly don't like labels anyways xD
Old August 26th, 2014 (10:46 PM).
Uh, I didn't do it
Crystal Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerOfDarkness View Post
Hi, I'd also like to sign up! I don't know what I am... Sometimes I think I'm bisexual, other times, I'm not. My friends call me "bicurious", but I don't know what that means, and I honestly don't like labels anyways xD
Being bicurious, which is what you sound like you are, just means you're interested in seeing if you like the same sex, but your not committed to saying that you are yet.
Old August 27th, 2014 (6:22 AM).
Kill Your Heroes
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to obZen
Hi everyone
Can I join? I'm straight, but still a staunch supporter...
I'll c/p my interest in this:
Spoiler:
Quote:
The first time that I was really inspired about this topic was when my best friend came out to me.
I was the very first person whom that had ever told. We were walking through the Park up the street from us, and she told me about her feelings about this girl from high school. She said she had feelings... for a girl, and didn't know what to do.
Personally, I never knew how I would react in a situation such as this. I consoled her, but told her to pursue it. If [this girl] would make her happy, then go for it.
She felt that all of her family and friends would react with disdain. So, she came to me first.
To our pleasant surprise, most of her family and friends were accepting of her.

I've seen this girl go through so much, just for dating a girl. Though accepted by her peers, she's told me that showing public affection is much harder for her with another girl. People give looks, some people make comments. She's vented to me so much stress just because she dated a girl; it breaks my heart. And to think, that with all of her troubles, some people have it much worse because they're not accepted by their family and friends, which adds on a whole other layer of troubles.

Also, should Polysexual, Otherkin, and Queer (queer movement) be added to the OP?

obZen on Pokemon Showdown
Old August 27th, 2014 (9:30 AM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralaia View Post
I'd like to sign up if that's ok!! ;) I am a bisexual male.. Hi all! :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerOfDarkness View Post
Hi, I'd also like to sign up! :) I don't know what I am... Sometimes I think I'm bisexual, other times, I'm not. My friends call me "bicurious", but I don't know what that means, and I honestly don't like labels anyways xD
Welcome, we don't have too many bisexual people here unfortunately, so it's good to see some more. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by obZen View Post
Also, should Polysexual, Otherkin, and Queer (queer movement) be added to the OP?
I consider myself Polysexual, so I'd like it up there. I've mentioned it before, but I guess it wasn't added. I don't think Otherkin is really related to the club though.
Old August 27th, 2014 (2:27 PM).
#teamcap
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Treecko
There's some many labels and orientations, it's confusing me. I'm sure I'm not straight now. Men are attractive, like the man in my avatar, Chris Pratt. Though I've found women beautiful to an extent too. I just don't want to label myself at this time, though. I don't want to be like "yeah I'm gay" or "yeah I'm straight" or "yeah I'm bi" .

Polysexual should be on the list on the OP though, cause it's part of the LGBT Spectrum definitely.
Old August 27th, 2014 (8:01 PM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

If it does get added, I'd recommend the definition "A person who is sexually and romantically attracted to more than two genders, but not all of them."
Old August 27th, 2014 (9:24 PM).
Uh, I didn't do it
Crystal Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
I don't think Otherkin is really related to the club though.
Agreed, 'otherkin' aren't an sexual orientation. So I'd say no.

And be careful mentioning otherkin around here, especially after that one thread. O_o
Old August 28th, 2014 (7:09 AM).
Kill Your Heroes
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to obZen
Quote:
If it does get added, I'd recommend the definition "A person who is sexually and romantically attracted to more than two genders, but not all of them."
I thought it was that the person does not "discriminate" between different genders in their sexuality / romance, or is that pansexual?

obZen on Pokemon Showdown
Old August 28th, 2014 (8:15 AM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by obZen View Post
I thought it was that the person does not "discriminate" between different genders in their sexuality / romance, or is that pansexual?
Yeah, that's pansexual. They don't see any significant difference between the different genders.
Old September 4th, 2014 (8:27 AM).
Platinum Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Agreed, 'otherkin' aren't an sexual orientation. So I'd say no.

And be careful mentioning otherkin around here, especially after that one thread. O_o
Not only are they not a sexual orientation, they're just not a thing. They're making up a thing out of nothing. It's not a thing to think you're a toaster. I'm sorry, they're just little white kids trying to be unique on the Internet.

Old September 4th, 2014 (9:43 AM).

I'll join. I'm nobody special, but I'm bisexual and I'm perfectly happy to join up.

...Well, provided no one minds a bisexual furry hanging around...?

I LOVE my Glaceon!
Old September 5th, 2014 (8:46 AM). Edited September 5th, 2014 by Shining Raichu.
Platinum Tier

Figures that I'd say one thing about otherkin and the one otherkin person that dared visit a website other than Tumblr would find it. Must be the keen bat senses emanating from the soul.

Anyway on another note, welcome FeralFurry! I'm loving your name, it says everything you're about. Gets it right out on the table. I can respect that.

It's probably time we talk about something gay, isn't it? Oh, Joan Rivers died, that's pretty devastating to the LGBT community and just the world at large.

Old September 5th, 2014 (9:16 AM). Edited September 5th, 2014 by Alice.
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFeralFurry View Post
...Well, provided no one minds a bisexual furry hanging around...?
You're not the only one. lol

Anyway, story time.

So, I had a weird conversation with my parents recently, and I'm not really sure what to make of it. I'm going to be moving out soon-ish, and have been looking around at apartments to see what's what. I'm most likely going to have a roommate, so my mom told me not to tell anyone I wasn't straight, and I told her "It's not something I'm ashamed of, so I'm not going to hide it."

The next day, I found a trans guy looking for a roommate, so I figured I'd look into it. On the way there, both of my parents told me not to tell him. That straight people don't go around telling everyone in sight that they're straight, and that if people find out they'll hurt me.

They seem to be forgetting that we live in the second most LGBT friendly city in the world, and that it's automatically assumed that you're straight if you don't say otherwise. I told them that, but they seemed to just completely ignore everything I said. They're thinking about it completely backwards. Not sure how to approach this other than to just ignore them. =/
Old September 5th, 2014 (1:31 PM).

Quote:

Anyway, story time.

So, I had a weird conversation with my parents recently, and I'm not really sure what to make of it. I'm going to be moving out soon-ish, and have been looking around at apartments to see what's what. I'm most likely going to have a roommate, so my mom told me not to tell anyone I wasn't straight, and I told her "It's not something I'm ashamed of, so I'm not going to hide it."

The next day, I found a trans guy looking for a roommate, so I figured I'd look into it. On the way there, both of my parents told me not to tell him. That straight people don't go around telling everyone in sight that they're straight, and that if people find out they'll hurt me.

They seem to be forgetting that we live in the second most LGBT friendly city in the world, and that it's automatically assumed that you're straight if you don't say otherwise. I told them that, but they seemed to just completely ignore everything I said. They're thinking about it completely backwards. Not sure how to approach this other than to just ignore them. =/
Heh, to be honest, I'm jealous of your parents knowing at all.

...Yeah, mine don't know, and I don't intend to tell them any time soon. Or anyone else I know personally, actually.

Anyhow, I don't really know how to advise you, here. They are your parents, though, they do care, they just probably haven't caught up with the times.

Well, I know I wasn't of much help, but... Good luck.
Old September 5th, 2014 (5:24 PM).
never eat raspberries
Silver Tier

Quote:

Anyway, story time.

I feel like if the potential roommate was comfortable with revealing he's trans, he wouldn't mind you telling him you're not straight. Now I'm not sure of his sexuality, and whether that would cause any problems, but I think he'd be open to that conversation and you could figure out whether being roommates would work or not (I don't see why it wouldn't, but sometimes hey it doesn't for the reason of conflicting or rather mutual sexuality). That being said, I don't think you necessarily need to reveal that information about yourself, unless you really want to or if you think it would affect the whole roommate situation. Idk, just my thoughts on the situation.

And with the whole Joan Rivers thing, I don't think I've ever heard her name in relation to LGBT ever.
Old September 5th, 2014 (6:22 PM).
Platinum Tier

Yeah, I'd just ignore them. They clearly care about you but it doesn't make them correct in any way lol. They're acting on old information. Besides, never heard of a homophobic trans person lol

And yeah Flushed, Joan never really did anything for the gays as far as I'm aware, she's just one of those comedians like Kathy Griffin that all the gays love that they've claimed as their own lol

Old September 5th, 2014 (6:29 PM).
Sonic Adventure 3 when?

Nature: Hasty
Trans girl here :D

But yeah I had no idea Joan had a big LGBT following.
Old September 5th, 2014 (7:53 PM).
Uh, I didn't do it
Crystal Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katholic Nun View Post
Figures that I'd say one thing about otherkin and the one otherkin person that dared visit a website other than Tumblr would find it. Must be the keen bat senses emanating from the soul.
They might be a bat. Literally. Like a space alien bat.

You shouldn't judge them.
Old September 5th, 2014 (11:28 PM).
Platinum Tier

Welcome DDD!

Here's the proof of Joan's gay following lol

http://thinkprogress.org/culture/2014/09/04/3479046/remembering-joan-rivers-lgbt/

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links