The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 11th, 2011 (02:40 PM).
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
On the topic of reform camps:

I personally would not send my child to one, but I also cannot meddle in the affairs of other families who choose to do so.
Old August 11th, 2011 (03:06 PM). Edited August 11th, 2011 by -ty-.
-ty-
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post

I personally would not send my child to one, but I also cannot meddle in the affairs of other families who choose to do so.
I think that a person has every right to go to the camp; however, I believe that the teen/young adult/adult must do so voluntarily. Sure a parent can make life threatening surgery or mental health therapies mandatory for their children. As far as the ex-gay camps go, their therapies are not recommended by the the American Psychiatrist's Association, and therefore should not be involuntary. A psychiatrist discussing some deep-seeded issues involving sexuality with a patient that has been greatly affected by their sexual identity, may be a more suitable option, and may be necessary for LGBT children whom develop suicidal thoughts or anti-social disorders as a result of their sexuality.

Don't be a rotten apple!
Check-out my Forbitten to see the latest developments in the Kenbi Region
!

Old August 11th, 2011 (03:59 PM).
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post

So if you were in the situation where you had the power to stop somebody going into one of these camps where they would be bastardized and mentally/emotionally abused and Bible-bashed into what ultimately will not work and further scar them, you would not use that power?

In this world there is such thing as right and wrong. Not every little thing can be brushed away under the argument that it's a parent's right to do whatever they want to their child according to their beliefs.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old August 11th, 2011 (04:48 PM).
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Rights and wrongs can differ among people. Most of it comes from upbringing, but that does not give the parents the right to force morals when their child is old enough to know better. It pisses me off that parents think they can still shove false moral crap down their children's throats when their children have differing opinions. Camps are proof that some parents still think they can control their children's beliefs.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old August 11th, 2011 (06:23 PM).
Snow Phoenix
The transient snowman

Location: A few miles away from a well-known college in a poorly known town.
Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
Rights and wrongs can differ among people. Most of it comes from upbringing, but that does not give the parents the right to force morals when their child is old enough to know better. It pisses me off that parents think they can still shove false moral crap down their children's throats when their children have differing opinions. Camps are proof that some parents still think they can control their children's beliefs.
Ah. Thanks for reminding me of my mom -.- The way I was "raised" was pretty much to loath my mom. But... that's not really important.

To be honest... isn't it just a cycle? Those parents were once children themselves and it was how they were raised. While I do agree that it's wrong to force those different ideals down someone's throat, I also believe in understanding. That's why I can't really blame them. I just feel sorry and in times like that... it's just best to support whomever needs it. One of my English teachers, for instance, was extremely homophobic, but through a bit of understanding... we were able to assuage her fears and now she's perfectly fine with homosexuals <3

Credits to Jordan. Paired to Mira and ohHeyVaporeon.
Old August 12th, 2011 (07:47 AM).
-ty-
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Although the typical family is has straight parents, would you see yourself having a family and raising children (adopted or not, doesn't matter)? Or do you think that you will most likely just find a soul mate? Or do you see yourself single, with open relationships?

From my experience, it's about equally in all categories among gay guys I know; the younger ones tend to pick option 3 more, and the more mature ones are divided by the options 1 and 2. But for me, I see myself with a husband and two kids.

Don't be a rotten apple!
!

Old August 12th, 2011 (08:31 AM).
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Although the typical family is has straight parents, would you see yourself having a family and raising children (adopted or not, doesn't matter)? Or do you think that you will most likely just find a soul mate? Or do you see yourself single, with open relationships?

I see myself as being the male equivalent of a cat lady. I have multiple reasons for believing this.
1. Cats are freaking awesome.
2. I don't like people and have no desire to be in a relationship (emotionally) with someone.

so..yay me.

I figured I can start post gay news again since someone else isn't.

I find it funny how a bunch of highly religious Catholic nations are more progressive than a secular United States who claims to be the most free country on the planet. :3

♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
Old August 12th, 2011 (08:32 AM).
Ctrl.Alt.Geak
Swords Master

Nature: Lonely

I know I dont want kids under any circumstances. I believe most people probably dont find their soul-mates upon entering their first relationship, though if I could garuntee I would find a soul-mate, I would choose the 2nd option. I dont think I have the kind of self-esteem or confidence where I could handle an open relationship.

Old August 12th, 2011 (08:46 AM).
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

There's a definite no to me having children. Children just don't fit into the lifestyle I love and have planned, whether with a partner or single.

I also wouldn't be able to handle open relationships. I have major problems with jealousy that stems from low self-esteem.
Old August 12th, 2011 (10:39 AM).
Esper

I don't intend to raise children. I would be a bad parent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landorus View Post
I find it funny how a bunch of highly religious Catholic nations are more progressive than a secular United States who claims to be the most free country on the planet. :3
And at the same time you have places like Ghana and Zimbabwe where they're making it a crime/disease to be gay. It's like some places are moving forward, but some places are moving backward. You'd think that, generally, things would just get better overall. Maybe slowly in some parts of the world, but at least not backsliding like this.

deviantart blog pair
Old August 12th, 2011 (10:50 AM).
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
I don't intend to raise children. I would be a bad parent.

And at the same time you have places like Ghana and Zimbabwe where they're making it a crime/disease to be gay. It's like some places are moving forward, but some places are moving backward. You'd think that, generally, things would just get better overall. Maybe slowly in some parts of the world, but at least not backsliding like this.
In a lot of places there is growing opposition to those laws. Many places with laws like that, they are old laws that are decades, maybe even more than a century in some places.

The world collectively is moving forward. The only place that I can think of that actually has a growing opposition towards civil liberties is Uganda. In other places it's growing in favor of us.

Old August 12th, 2011 (10:51 AM).
Alice
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
Well, there are already several countries that have a death penalty for being homosexual.

Nearly every country in Africa/The Middle East have some sort of criminal penalty for being Gay.
Old August 12th, 2011 (10:53 AM).
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
So if you were in the situation where you had the power to stop somebody going into one of these camps where they would be bastardized and mentally/emotionally abused and Bible-bashed into what ultimately will not work and further scar them, you would not use that power?

In this world there is such thing as right and wrong. Not every little thing can be brushed away under the argument that it's a parent's right to do whatever they want to their child according to their beliefs.
I'm somewhat of a moral skeptic and I'm also a libetarian. I believe that unless therenis a general consensus among socitey, there is not right and wron. There are only opinions. Thus, I wouldn't be meddling in a parent's affiars with their children just like I wouldn't appreciate someone meddling in mine.
Old August 12th, 2011 (10:55 AM).
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
Well, there are already several countries that have a death penalty for being homosexual.

Nearly every country in Africa/The Middle East have some sort of criminal penalty for being Gay.
And South Africa is like a beacon of hope. lol

South Africa is actually very politically active in efforts to change the laws throughout Africa.

Old August 12th, 2011 (10:57 AM).
Alice
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Yeah, they actually do allow same sex marriage.
Old August 12th, 2011 (11:03 AM).
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
Quote:

O_O

Seriously?! That's just ridiculous. Those who try to criminalize homosexuality are just sick, in my opinion. I'm sorry, but I don't have much respect for them.

I just looked something up on one country I've heard of that criminalizes homosexuality: Uganda.

Quote:
The legislation strengthens the criminalisation of homosexuality in Uganda by introducing the death penalty for people who are considered serial offenders, are suspected of "aggravated homosexuality" and are HIV-positive, or who engage in sexual acts with those under 18 years of age.[13] People who are caught or suspected of homosexual activity will be forced to undergo HIV tests; Ugandans who engage in same-sex sexual relations outside Uganda will likewise fall under the jurisdiction of this law, and may be extradited and charged with a felony. Furthermore, if passed, the bill will require anyone who is aware of an offense or an offender, including individuals, companies, media organisations, or non-governmental organisations who support LGBT rights, to report the offender within 24 hours. If an individual does not do so he or she is also considered an offender and is liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding 250 "currency points" or imprisonment up to three years.
Source

This is totally ridiculous, in my opinion. According to the source, it hasn't yet been voted on, but it showed overwhelming support. *gags*
Old August 12th, 2011 (11:12 AM). Edited August 12th, 2011 by Alice.
Alice
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys121 View Post

O_O

Seriously?! That's just ridiculous. Those who try to criminalize homosexuality are just sick, in my opinion. I'm sorry, but I don't have much respect for them.

I just looked something up on one country I've heard of that criminalizes homosexuality: Uganda.

Source

This is totally ridiculous, in my opinion. According to the source, it hasn't yet been voted on, but it showed overwhelming support. *gags*
Have you never seen the "eat da poo poo" video?

Just a few months ago I laughed my butt off at this. Now I just face palm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euXQbZDwV0w (Edit: I guess I should warn you that this may be offensive... so watch at your own risk. lol)

I find it funny that every thing he mentions that Gays do is entirely possible for straight couples to do as well.
Old August 12th, 2011 (11:36 AM).
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euXQbZDwV0w (Edit: I guess I should warn you that this may be obscenely offensive... so watch at your own risk. lol)

I find it funny that every thing he mentions that Gays do is entirely possible for straight couples to do as well.
Yes, I have seen that video. It's hilarious, admittedly, but I highly disagree with the message sent by it. I first saw it on Tosh.0.
Old August 12th, 2011 (03:52 PM).
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

My first thought on this was "Didn't straight people invent those activities?"
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Quote:
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Old August 12th, 2011 (05:34 PM).
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Quote:
My first thought on this was "Didn't straight people invent those activities?"
Why would you think that? There's no valid reason to think any single group did it. They've all been around forever and both do it.

Old August 12th, 2011 (05:41 PM).
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

It was a joke. I don't know who invented it, but I do know it's not a gay-only thing.

Quote:
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Old August 12th, 2011 (07:28 PM). Edited August 12th, 2011 by -ty-.
-ty-
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euXQbZDwV0w (Edit: I guess I should warn you that this may be offensive... so watch at your own risk. lol)

Was that on Tosh.0, lol. I think I watched that! I think that all countries supporting death penalty or prison sentencing for homosexuality should be embargoed and not be a part of our world, I do not want to celebrate the Olympics with despotic nations. lol. Let's just pray that Anne Coulter does not take over the U.S.! (I am sorry that I forget to include other nations other than the U.S all the time; Americans are so egocentric!)

The thing that really gets me is that male homosexuality is illegal and female homosexuality is legal in many countries!

Don't be a rotten apple!
!

Old August 12th, 2011 (07:39 PM).
Vintage Arachnid
Fight 'til you win.
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
I need to be more active here.

Definitely. I love kids and I plan to have at least two (Adopting.) kids and if my partner and I want to discuss the possibility of more then we will.

I definitely cannot be in an open relationship. I want someone to be all mine and with no one else. :3

THE EXTREMELY LONELY PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old August 12th, 2011 (08:16 PM).
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ty- View Post
The thing that really gets me is that male homosexuality is illegal and female homosexuality is legal in many countries!
Seriously? I can't believe sexist laws like that actually exist!

Quote:
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Old August 12th, 2011 (08:25 PM).
Alice
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Quote:
Seriously? I can't believe sexist laws like that actually exist!
Yeah, quite a few are that way actually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_ri...y_or_territory
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links