Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old August 18th, 2011 (10:40 PM).
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Dawn_Hero:
Sometimes it just sounds like being a woman must be so much fun. xD 'cept for, y'know, the monthly visitor...
This reminds me of a brilliant IT Crowd episode. Those times of the month can really change a person from:

This:

To this:
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Old August 18th, 2011 (11:34 PM).
Crystal Tier

PANSEXUAL STILL ISN'T BEING REPRESENTED SMH
Old August 19th, 2011 (02:52 AM).
くら くら?
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NurseBarbra
Quote originally posted by Harlequin:
PANSEXUAL STILL ISN'T BEING REPRESENTED SMH
FINE, I'LL ASK LANDOURS TO ASK A MOD TO CHANGE THE GROUP TO LGBTQIPAAAOSA
(Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, intersex, pansexual, asexual, ally, and other sexualities, Alliance)
Old August 19th, 2011 (06:52 AM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant
Welcome, Dawn_Hero!

Gah it's always when I have to work long hours that this thread picks up then I've gotta read like 20 posts. Y'all make it too much effort with your crappy timing

Anyway I have a good question for you all:

Do you think it sends a more powerful message in the fight for equal rights when gay people speak out or when straight people do?

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old August 19th, 2011 (07:05 AM).
White Kyurem Cometh
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
Dawn_Hero, welcome! If you have any issues in real life, you wouldn't be the first one I was able to reassure in this alliance.

Quote originally posted by Shining Raichu:
Do you think it sends a more powerful message in the fight for equal rights when gay people speak out or when straight people do?
I personally believe that the best thing is not when one of these two groups speaks out; it's best when they both speak out together at the same time. This shows that not only are gays sticking up for their own rights, but it's also possible for heterosexuals to stick up for gay rights at the same time. This also shows that heterosexuals who are against gay rights really should take the time to understand gays before they take such hateful viewpoint. The only way you can take any sort of viewpoint I see as legitimate for or against anything, you first have to take the time to understand what you're taking a side for or against. The vast majority of people against gay rights are ignorant because they do not fully (sometimes don't even begin to) understand homosexuality.
Old August 19th, 2011 (09:13 AM).
Bubblegum Betch
Gold Tier

Nature: Naive
The thread title is now longer! Yay! :D

Well, everything is more powerful when everyone is united. But if the two were separate, then straight people would have a more powerful message.

♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
Old August 19th, 2011 (12:39 PM).
くら くら?
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NurseBarbra

Personally I think we shouldnt have to fight for our rights. To actually answer the question, I think you need a combined effort from all sides to fight. That's why I love kathy griffin and ladygaga, We all know that on the inside they're Gay men.
Old August 19th, 2011 (12:52 PM).
Conservative Patriot
Platinum Tier

What's your opinion on outing politicians? I just watched the film Outrage. I personally think putting anybody's personal business out there is wrong. The film also sent the message that your sexual orientation has to define your political beliefs. If you're homosexual, you must have certain beliefs. What ever happened to diversity of opinion?
Old August 19th, 2011 (01:13 PM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
In an ideal world, outing wouldn't be a big circus. It would be similar to the conversation I had with a guy I just met today - we were talking about the Glee Project, and in the conversation he mentioned in passing that he was gay like one of the contestants. No comment was needed, it was just to make the point he wanted to make.

Although in the real world, gay rights are a political issue as well as a personal issue. There are most likely very, very few gay people who are against gay rights, so that at least affects their opinion in that way. Although I'm fairly certain a majority of gay people are Democrats, being gay still shouldn't affect the way you feel on, say, the debt crisis.

Side note: I really, really hate the huge string of letters in the title.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old August 19th, 2011 (01:48 PM). Edited August 19th, 2011 by FreakyLocz14.
Conservative Patriot
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Toujours:
In an ideal world, outing wouldn't be a big circus. It would be similar to the conversation I had with a guy I just met today - we were talking about the Glee Project, and in the conversation he mentioned in passing that he was gay like one of the contestants. No comment was needed, it was just to make the point he wanted to make.

Although in the real world, gay rights are a political issue as well as a personal issue. There are most likely very, very few gay people who are against gay rights, so that at least affects their opinion in that way. Although I'm fairly certain a majority of gay people are Democrats, being gay still shouldn't affect the way you feel on, say, the debt crisis.

Yeah, let's just change the title to "Everything Under the Sun Alliance" since I'm sure we've still left something out.

I don't think your sexual orientation should define any of your beliefs, even those who oppose things like same-sex marriage. 10% of openly LGBT voters voted Yes on Prop 8 in my state back in 2008. While that's a small minority, diversity of views does exist. There were probably more. They just didn't identify as LGBT in exit polling. The results were more telling on racial lines than partisan lines, actually. 70% of blacks a slim majority of Asians and Hispanics backed the ban. At the same times, prominent GOP elected officials like Governor Schwarzenegger came out against the ban.
Old August 19th, 2011 (03:01 PM).
Crystal Tier

In all honesty, I think it sends a more powerful message when straight people speak out. As a gay male, I can't count how many times I know I would've been ridiculed if I dared to speak out about my sexuality and my desire for rights. But (at least here in New Zealand), it seems that straight people get more attention and therefore more opportunity to try gain equal rights for all.
Old August 19th, 2011 (03:38 PM).
Conservative Patriot
Platinum Tier

There was a student in my international relations class that did presentations on LGBT topics every time he had the chance. I'm very open to the idea, and even I was a bit annoyed at the repetitiveness. Imagine how those who are not tolerant or are on the fence must have felt. There is a limit to how vocal one should be, imo.
Old August 19th, 2011 (04:47 PM).
Platinum Tier

In answer to my own question, I also think it sends a more powerful message when straight people speak out. When gay people do it it is generally seen as "another gay person whining because they can't get married" or they could mess it up because they're too emotionally close to the equal rights cause, but when a straight person speaks out and says "hey, it's not OK to treat people this way" it actually makes people stop and think.

Quote originally posted by Toujours:
I totally agree. I thought it was a joke when NurseBabs said it... is it really necessary? It looks silly.

Old August 19th, 2011 (04:56 PM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
I demand that demisexual, omnisexual, and polysexual are all added to the title immediately.
Old August 19th, 2011 (04:56 PM).
Brony Hacker

Yes, the long title is absolutely necessary!
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Old August 19th, 2011 (04:58 PM).
Figuratively Speaking

Nature: Quirky
@ U_Flame - I felt so good actually have seen that episode and getting that reference. <3

Heterosexuals all the way. It's just the feeling of "I'm not gay, but I know prejudice is wrong" feel that really is more potent then "I'm gay and stop the prejudice."

It's the message being said by The Party vs. Third Party affect. Third Party is observer, so it's seen as an unbiased view.

COMING SOON TO THE ROLEPLAY THEATRE
Old August 19th, 2011 (05:06 PM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
Speaking of which...

I was talking to my friend a few days ago, who still thinks I'm straight, and the subject came up. I mentioned that I supported gay rights, and his response was: "Are you retarded? Why would you support them?"

Now, he's not religious at all, and lives in Canada, which actually allows gay marriage nationwide, so the people there must be generally more accepting. I can't figure out why he would be so strongly against it. He has no reason as far as I can tell.
Old August 19th, 2011 (05:14 PM).
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by QuilavaKing:
Speaking of which...

I was talking to my friend a few days ago, who still thinks I'm straight, and the subject came up. I mentioned that I supported gay rights, and his response was: "Are you retarded? Why would you support them?"

Now, he's not religious at all, and lives in Canada, which actually allows gay marriage nationwide, so the people there must be generally more accepting. I can't figure out why he would be so strongly against it. He has no reason as far as I can tell.
Religion undoubtedly breeds prejudice and bigotry, but unfortunately that doesn't mean that homophobia is exclusively a religious thing. Sometimes males just don't like homosexuals for no good reason other than the fact that they feel it's a threat to their masculinity, or more often than not it's a sign that they're gay and are overcompensating to hide it. Or it could be his upbringing, he might have homophobic parents. There are hundreds of possibilities lol

Old August 19th, 2011 (05:20 PM). Edited August 19th, 2011 by -ty-.
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Nature: Naughty
Religion undoubtedly breeds prejudice and bigotry, but unfortunately that doesn't mean that homophobia is exclusively a religious thing. Sometimes males just don't like homosexuals for no good reason other than the fact that they feel it's a threat to their masculinity, or more often than not it's a sign that they're gay and are overcompensating to hide it. Or it could be his upbringing, he might have homophobic parents. There are hundreds of possibilities lol
Yep, it's about asserting to others that you are a straight manly male when you verbally/physically bash gay people.

Don't be a rotten apple!
Check-out my Forbitten to see the latest developments in the Kenbi Region
!

Old August 19th, 2011 (05:21 PM).
Brony Hacker

I demand that demisexual, omnisexual, and polysexual are all added to the title immediately.
I COMPLETELY and fully agree!

Old August 19th, 2011 (05:30 PM).
Don't Ask, Just Tell

We should name the club sexual identity alliance, everyone is allowed except for homophobic people! lol, But don't get me wrong; I do like our crazy acronym that continues to grow!

Don't be a rotten apple!
!

Old August 19th, 2011 (05:33 PM).
Figuratively Speaking

Nature: Quirky
Speaking of which...

Well, the only question to ask to him is "Why wouldn't you?"

I used to be stupid (no other word for it) like that when I was ten. I was like that because of unconcious denial of my sexuality.

Could be the same for him, could not. Maybe you're not looking deep enough. And agreeing with Andy and Ty above, it could just be a masculinity thing.

Now that we're men, we can do anything! Now that we're men, we are invincible! Now that we're men, we'll go to shell city; Get the crown, save the town and Mr. Krabs!

COMING SOON TO THE ROLEPLAY THEATRE
Old August 19th, 2011 (08:38 PM).
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Is anyone on here asexual? I am really interested in what your thought are; I can understand why someone might identify with any of the other sexual identities, but this one has just puzzled me.

Don't be a rotten apple!
!

Old August 19th, 2011 (09:08 PM).
Remember NovEnder
Super Moderator

I am. So I can try to answer any particular questions that you may have.
Old August 19th, 2011 (09:14 PM). Edited August 19th, 2011 by -ty-.
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Yeah, actually. I feel like the same as some heterosexual people whom don't grasp how someone can be attracted to the same sex. I just don't want to be ignorant.

Anyways, Do you have any sexual attraction to any other people? Are you sexually attracted to yourself? If all sexual acts are just with yourself, do you envision other people, to you know, feel aroused, or is it focused more on the self?

If any of these questions make you feel uncomfortable you don't have to answer them. I hope I do not sound too naive. lol.

Don't be a rotten apple!
!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links