The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 19th, 2011, 09:27 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by -ty- View Post
Yeah, actually. I feel like the same as some heterosexual people whom don't grasp how someone can be attracted to the same sex. I just don't want to be ignorant.

Anyways, Do you have any sexual attraction to any other people? Are you sexually attracted to yourself? If all sexual acts are just with yourself, do you envision other people, to you know, feel aroused, or is it focused more on the self?

If any these questions make you feel uncomfortable you don't have to answer them. I hope I do not sound too naive. lol.
Actually, I'd like to know too. I don't really know anything about it. lol
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Last edited by QuilavaKing; August 19th, 2011 at 10:08 PM.
Old August 19th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Don't worry about it. Any chance I have to clear up misconceptions about asexuals I take advantage of.

Through all my life, I wasn't attracted to anyone sexually. I had crushes on people (since I'm paniromantic) but it never crossed my mind to do anything physically with them. Nothing more than maybe holding hands (though as I've aged I've found myself even less likely to want to touch people). So the whole idea of being with anyone sexually never crossed my mind.* It's like I just don't get those feelings. I can look at someone and think that they look good, but I can just never picture myself being with someone sexually. One way to put it is like a mental block.

I'm not attracted to myself at all. Though that may also stem from my gender dysphoria. But if there was a clone of me, I wouldn't want to do anything sexual with em.

When it comes to one-person acts (ha), it's more of a physical feeling than a response to any overwhelming attraction to someone. The extremely rare times that I decide to get it over with, I do it as fast as I can to get it over with, without fantasizing about anyone, just to get the physical part of it over with.

I hope that maybe this helps you out a bit with understanding asexuality. Feel free to ask anymore questions if need be.

*I do have to note that in all nearly-25-years of life, I have actually been sexually attracted to one person. After much thought on this, I figure that it's just a small change in me, but she's an exception to my asexuality that I seriously doubt will be repeated by anyone else. So I still label myself as an asexual.
Old August 19th, 2011, 10:09 PM
-ty-
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Nature: Naughty
Totally not expecting any of those answers, so yes, I think that I understand the concept much better.

OKAY...IT ALL JUST CLICKED WITH ME! (Correct me if I am totally off)
Being gay, I am sexually attracted to men. If I see a woman, I may think she is very attractive, and I also may have an emotional connection with her; however, I would not want to have anything physical with her at all! Asexual people have those feelings about both sexes; it's the antithesis of bisexuality. They may look attractive and you might be great friends with them, but you don't want anything as far as sex.

One last question, lol. Do you feel the desire to have a bf, gf, spouse, or partner without having any sexual attraction to them? Personally, I see nothing wrong with someone spending the rest of their life with someone whom they share comradeship and friendship with. Or is the idea of having a significant other not really that important?

THANKS again for the information!

I feel so ignorant for having pre-conceived notions that asexuals were attracted to themselves. Thinking back on it, I feel stupid! lol

Don't be a rotten apple!
Check-out my Forbitten to see the latest developments in the Kenbi Region
!

Old August 19th, 2011, 10:16 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

That's actually more or less what I expected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus View Post
*I do have to note that in all nearly-25-years of life, I have actually been sexually attracted to one person. After much thought on this, I figure that it's just a small change in me, but she's an exception to my asexuality that I seriously doubt will be repeated by anyone else. So I still label myself as an asexual.
I don't really think sexuality is a static thing, and there are definitely all different levels of every sexuality. So, I don't think a one time incident says anything, one way or the other about your sexuality.

The Volcano Pokemon

Old August 20th, 2011, 10:35 AM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Everyone read this Tumblr posting that NurseBarbara sent me on MSN.

♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪

Last edited by G.U.Y.; August 20th, 2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old August 20th, 2011, 10:46 AM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
(gotta remove the "</br>" from the link) That is so cute. I wish more parents would see homosexuality that way. If their son does turn out to be gay, they will accept him, guaranteed. I wish the world was more like this, as opposed to the people who see their child "acting gay" and send him to a therapist or reform camp.
Old August 20th, 2011, 01:08 PM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
That's not only touching, but it also proves that life experience isn't the only gay factor.

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Times I've been ninja'd: 17
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old August 20th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Quote:
Do you feel the desire to have a bf, gf, spouse, or partner without having any sexual attraction to them?
For me, yes, since I'm panromantic. But there are asexuals who are aromantic and so they don't have those feelings. For them, just being friends with people is enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
I don't really think sexuality is a static thing, and there are definitely all different levels of every sexuality. So, I don't think a one time incident says anything, one way or the other about your sexuality.
Exactly. Sexuality is fluid. I mentioned that incident really to ward off any potential "You can be asexual because...!" mentions that tends to happen whenever people start learning about asexuality. Really, I should have expected that the members of this group would be so understanding. Thank you.

As soon as you mentioned Tumbler, I knew what post you were talking about. I saw that on a Kurt/Blaine community, and was very happy for the rest of the day. It's so heartwarming.
Old August 20th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
Oh my God. That is the sweetest and most touching thing I have read in a long time. That is... I have no words. Just wow.

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.

Last edited by Katholic Nun; August 20th, 2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old August 20th, 2011, 05:05 PM
twistedpuppy
Siriusly Twisted

Nature: Timid
That story about the little boy is adorable. I can really imagine that dinner scenario. Puts a smile on my face. :)
Old August 20th, 2011, 07:38 PM
King!
better

Nature: Jolly
I'm not sure why I haven't joined this yet. ._. Probably because when I saw it, it was so far in and I wasn't sure where to jump in. xD But I'd like to now.

Oh my goodness that is the cutest/happiest thing I have ever read.
Old August 20th, 2011, 07:44 PM
-ty-
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Apparently I am not the only one whom has a HUGE crush on Darren Criss aka Blaine! Even parents that are generally accepting of gay people would feel very leery about this, but look at other kids; they have crushes on other kids at school around that age, so I am glad that they realized that this is normal. If only all parents were like that; cute story!

Don't be a rotten apple!
!

Old August 20th, 2011, 07:54 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

I've never watched Glee. lol

Doesn't seem like my type of show. (Well, I haven't watched TV in a couple years actually, so I guess I don't have a type. lol)

The Volcano Pokemon

Old August 20th, 2011, 08:15 PM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
I've never watched Glee. lol

Doesn't seem like my type of show. (Well, I haven't watched TV in a couple years actually, so I guess I don't have a type. lol)
Maybe you should read it instead of just seeing that it mentions Glee. It's not about Glee - it just involves it.

Old August 20th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Katholic Nun

Welcome, King!...!

Quote:
Apparently I am not the only one whom has a HUGE crush on Darren Criss aka Blaine!
No sir, you certainly are not! I think every gay man who watches Glee fell in love with him. I know I did! XD

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old August 20th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking

Nature: Quirky
You know everytime I go to write an awesome post for this club I decide against it in the middle of writing it?

So now you get this consolation post explaining my situation. Huzzah.
Old August 20th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Katholic Nun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoshi the Polar Bear View Post
You know everytime I go to write an awesome post for this club I decide against it in the middle of writing it?

So now you get this consolation post explaining my situation. Huzzah.
post +1 much, Kiyoshi?

If you have anything awesome to say we want to hear it! Don't be shy!

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
Old August 20th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
post +1 much, Kiyoshi?
Quote:

If you have anything awesome to say we want to hear it! Don't be shy!
Curses, my plans are ruined! Foiled again! *Moustache*

Here's something for you all to chew on and discuss:

I've been thinking about religion somewhat fairly recently, and I can't help but think about how I truly think that God made me homosexual.

Thinking back to it, if I didn't have my sexuality as something to struggle with and come to terms on my own, I would be a completely different person - most likely for the worse.

You see, it wasn't so much the actual homosexuality. It was what it presented me with: a stress-inducing stepping stone into divulging to figuring out who I am as a person.

Coming to terms with my sexuality and feeling pretty much secure with it has made me more comfortable with discovering what actually makes me up personality-wise, and becoming more confident embracing it and the outside world as a whole.

But it's also interesting how toxic having that same situation can be, to.
People have committed suicide because they were homosexual/bisexual. People constantly hide who they are an end up screwing themselves up mentally trying to "fix" themselves or pretending to be heterosexual. Some people embrace the stereotype and become another clone, and never actually showing who they are, truly, as a person.

It's just simply fascinating to me how we are all presented with things that will make us or break us, especially the ones dealing with our personality, sexuality, beliefs, race, ethnicity, gender, sex, etc.

Then I can't help but to remember what an atheist friend once said to me.

"If God steps up our lives.... then why would he set up some for failure?"

To which I now can easily answer (although not at the time), "He doesn't. He sets up situations that can benefit us greatly if we conquer and learn from them. The only failure comes from the person, because they were too weak to face their challenges and chose to succumb to the pressure rather than put their head up high and draw their sword."

So, that's about it for now. Nifty, hm? Discuss.
Old August 20th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Katholic Nun

Well as an atheist, I don't believe that God made you homosexual. While this is something that I can see would give people a lot of comfort to believe, I just can't buy it myself. The 'everything happens for a reason' school of thought, to my mind, doesn't account for so many things that happen in the world; even though it can seem somewhat romantic when not looking at the larger picture. Then the things that it doesn't account for are largely swept under the rug as part of "God's plan" because "God works in mysterious ways". It's all too convenient for me.

In my opinion, nothing happens for a specific reason. I wish I could think the way you do sometimes though, I think it would make me feel more special. Like I was chosen for this and destined for something greater because of it.

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
Old August 20th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking

Quote:
Well as an atheist, I don't believe that God made you homosexual. While this is something that I can see would give people a lot of comfort to believe, I just can't buy it myself. The 'everything happens for a reason' school of thought, to my mind, doesn't account for so many things that happen in the world; even though it can seem somewhat romantic when not looking at the larger picture. Then the things that it doesn't account for are largely swept under the rug as part of "God's plan" because "God works in mysterious ways". It's all too convenient for me.

In my opinion, nothing happens for a specific reason. I wish I could think the way you do sometimes though, I think it would make me feel more special. Like I was chosen for this and destined for something greater because of it.
Well, think about it this way. Humans are free willed, and there is nothing stopping you right now from picking up a knife and murdering the entire family next door.

That's not something God wanted you to do, that's just you being bloody freaking insane.

The reason that that happened was because you were a murderer. Not God. Humans have free will, everything you do is you own personal choice that God cannot make you choose a certain path.

Sometime we're put in situations because of other people too, not God. Like if we're kidnapped. That was the doing of the person.

Basically point in saying before I completely screw up my wording, "God doesn't make the world the world the way it is.... we do." God just influences to try and make it better, but there's only so much you can do if you can't directly affect someone's willpower or choices.

For me personally, there is just too much evidence of plain out oddities that are truly the work of something, to put it simply, magical.
Like the fact my Dad's still alive. From all the accidents he's been in, he should be a handicapped man with brain damage and a couple of fingers missing, if not dead. And I don't say that lightly. He should've been dead by now. But somehow, he's still kicking around to be able to raise me, be their for my older adult siblings, and be their for his wife and still have all of his limbs attached and the ability to walk.

The things I listed in my above post go here, too.

And just little things that happen from time to time.

Everything just seems to go perfectly. And that goes for the extensive flaws in my life, too.

But, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And hey, if there does end up being an afterlife, better for all, eh?

Not that I don't think God doesn't totally understand people not believing in him. I bet he would be pretty skeptical of himself too if he wasn't.... you know, God himself.
Old August 20th, 2011, 11:00 PM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoshi the Polar Bear View Post

Well, think about it this way. Humans are free willed, and there is nothing stopping you right now from picking up a knife and murdering the entire family next door.

That's not something God wanted you to do, that's just you being bloody freaking insane.

The reason that that happened was because you were a murderer. Not God. Humans have free will, everything you do is you own personal choice that God cannot make you choose a certain path.

Sometime we're put in situations because of other people too, not God. Like if we're kidnapped. That was the doing of the person.

Basically point in saying before I completely screw up my wording, "God doesn't make the world the world the way it is.... we do." God just influences to try and make it better, but there's only so much you can do if you can't directly affect someone's willpower or choices.

For me personally, there is just too much evidence of plain out oddities that are truly the work of something, to put it simply, magical.
Like the fact my Dad's still alive. From all the accidents he's been in, he should be a handicapped man with brain damage and a couple of fingers missing, if not dead. And I don't say that lightly. He should've been dead by now. But somehow, he's still kicking around to be able to raise me, be their for my older adult siblings, and be their for his wife and still have all of his limbs attached and the ability to walk.

The things I listed in my above post go here, too.

And just little things that happen from time to time.

Everything just seems to go perfectly. And that goes for the extensive flaws in my life, too.

But, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And hey, if there does end up being an afterlife, better for all, eh?

Not that I don't think God doesn't totally understand people not believing in him. I bet he would be pretty skeptical of himself too if he wasn't.... you know, God himself.
This isn't the Christianity, Atheism, or any other religion club. I can't speak for the Christianity Club, but this debate would be allowed in the Atheism club so if you want to move it there~

Anyways, your post has nothing to do with this club so please stop this little debate.

Old August 20th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Moogles
better than u
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote:
No sir, you certainly are not! I think every gay man who watches Glee fell in love with him. I know I did! XD
I suppose I find myself in the minority then. The man just doesn't do anything for me :/ I'm more of a Cory Monteith fan personally (though I don't think he's that great of a singer.)

Also, first post here woo. Proud out of the closet 16 year old!

Quote:
Honestly, Moogles, your posts are so nigh impossible to understand that I cannot help but just scratch my head. I know you’re trying to be clever and cute with your outright… pitiful writing style, but I’ll… try to tackle whatever drivel you said.
Old August 20th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Katholic Nun

Welcome Moogles! I saw your post in the picture thread, you made a very cute Pikachu lol

EDIT: LMAO I meant Umbreon. Totally remembered that picture wrong.

Cory Monteith does nothing for me personally, his nickname in the show is Frankenteen and I find that just a little bit too true for my liking but Darren Criss is oghaeihaihaelthvl so hot.

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
Old August 21st, 2011, 12:59 AM
-ty-
Don't Ask, Just Tell

DARREN CRISS; HANDS DOWN! lol

Don't be a rotten apple!
!

Old August 21st, 2011, 05:06 AM
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landorus View Post
This isn't the Christianity, Atheism, or any other religion club. I can't speak for the Christianity Club, but this debate would be allowed in the Atheism club so if you want to move it there~

Anyways, your post has nothing to do with this club so please stop this little debate.
Well exuse me, princess.

I understand, but the original post was somewhat actually relatable to the topic. I guess just the posts to follow from it are more of a different color.

X3;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
I suppose I find myself in the minority then. The man just doesn't do anything for me :/ I'm more of a Cory Monteith fan personally (though I don't think he's that great of a singer.)

Also, first post here woo. Proud out of the closet 16 year old!
Yay for you!

Welcome. :3

Quote:
DARREN CRISS; HANDS DOWN! lol

[Insert Extremely Sexy Picture of Mr. Darren Criss Here]

Am I the only one who'd like to point out how stretchy that shirt is?

Chris Colfer gets to kiss that guy on camera. Lucky prick.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here