Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 10th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothitelle. View Post
To live up a discussion, do you let it known that your gay or do you just keep it to yourself? (by let it know meaning, post it in your sig or wear a shirt that says "Im gay!" etc)
The only thing that I wear that's in any way related to my sexuality are three bracelets that together make up the colors of the asexuality flag. Other than that, I don't flaunt my sexuality, but I don't hide it either. Like -ty-, if the discussion that I'm having with my friends turns to people we're attracted to, I don't mention anyone, or I might mention that one person that I am attracted to. Other than that, I don't run the streets singing about my asexuality, panromantic side, or about how I'm non-binary. Though I have dropped hints that I do prefer more gender-neutral ways to refer to me in real life.

Well, and I can't really hide that I shop in the men's department even though I'm female-sexed, so...

What does your school do concerning LGBTQ issues?
I believe my high school might have had a GSA when I first started going there, but it ended and was never revived. And my college really had nothing. If they did, I wasn't aware of it.
Old September 10th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
Would you change anything about your sexuality/gender?

Yep. I'd be straight in a second. I can't find an actual reason to continue being gay if there was a choice in my sexuality.
What if you were really in love with a guy when the choice was made available to you?

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old September 10th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Moogles
better than u
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
If I became straight I wouldn't be in love with them afterwards though.
Me. I am Moogles... The Elusive Chanteur

Quote:
Honestly, Moogles, your posts are so nigh impossible to understand that I cannot help but just scratch my head. I know you’re trying to be clever and cute with your outright… pitiful writing style, but I’ll… try to tackle whatever drivel you said.
Old September 10th, 2011, 06:05 PM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
What does your school do concerning LGBTQ issues?

They don't do anything that doesn't happen to non-LGBT students. The straight kids actually suffer more because they tend to get into (really petty and really unnecessary) fights with each other (probably just to kick each others' cans) instead of with the LGBT students they don't even know.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old September 10th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
If I became straight I wouldn't be in love with them afterwards though.
Yes, this is what I'm saying lol - if you were in love with someone, would you be willing to sacrifice them for heterosexuality?

Actually, you know what? I like this question lol - I'm going to open it up to the whole community:

If the choice was made available to you to become straight, would being in love with someone of the same gender impact on your decision?

Personally, I couldn't. I have no interest in changing my sexuality regardless so I'm writing this response as though I do. If I were madly in love with another man and suddenly the 'miracle drug' (lol) became available to cancel out the gene or whatever it is that made me gay, I would not take it. I'd just hope he'd love me enough to make the same decision.

Old September 10th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Moogles
better than u
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I'm well aware of what you're saying. I'm saying that if I was in love with them, after changing I wouldn't have feelings anymore so it would be null. Even then, if I was "in love" with them I would expect them to have a great understanding of what I'm going through and who I am. I would have a discussion with them on why I would do my decision the way I'm doing it. I'd obviously still remain friends with them, but I wouldn't be romantically or sexually attracted to them. In the end I would expect a great friend out of it all.

I want equal rights and to be looked as like equal from the social standpoint. Period.
Me. I am Moogles... The Elusive Chanteur

Quote:
Honestly, Moogles, your posts are so nigh impossible to understand that I cannot help but just scratch my head. I know you’re trying to be clever and cute with your outright… pitiful writing style, but I’ll… try to tackle whatever drivel you said.
Old September 10th, 2011, 08:20 PM
aRedMoon
Wait for me outside the lines
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aRedMoon Send a message via Skype™ to aRedMoon
Going back a few pages...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
In straight relationships, it's generally accepted that the man will propose. In a homosexual relationship, there are either two men or no men at all. Would you rather be the one to propose, or would you prefer to be proposed to?
I would love to have the opportunity to do either. I would love to be proposed to, surprise me with that sort of question. On the other hand, I would also love to be able to plan out the perfect proposal. So I guess my answer is: doesn't matter. I'd love to be on either side. It'll be a competition with my future partner. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ty- View Post
Does anyone else think that it is more difficult for LGBT people to date? And that there are more strains in relationships than in heterosexual relationships generally?
It's harder to find someone. =o= Even if you find another gay person, it's like "Erm, ewww." and srsly don't wanna date them. Or a man*****. The two gay guys I actually know fall into those categories. Sigh.

Here's a question...

Does anyone do something to "advertise" their sexuality?

I've taken to wearing a rainbow wristband. Nothing big, but it does say something. It made my heart-a-flutter when the guy I'm seriously crushing on complimented me on it. Heh...
facebook \\ twitter \\ blog a.k.a life // tumblr // google+

june 10, 2003 = registered at old pc
march 24, 2004 = registered at new pc
june, 2004 = modded ;;; august, 2004 = quit/fired (point of debate)
december, 2004 = banned ;;; december 2, 2005 = unbanned
june 10, 2008 = omg... five years!
june 10, 2012 = countdown to nine years on pc...
Old September 10th, 2011, 08:29 PM
-ty-
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Nature: Naughty
If the choice was made available to you to become straight, would being in love with someone of the same gender impact on your decision?
Yes. I hate homosexual dating; it's more likely I would find love if I were straight. I would be less insecure, and feel less judged.

However, Andrew(I am horrible at remembering names, I hope I'm not mistaken) expanded upon the question; if I were to be in love and know that a guy loves me and doesn't want anyone else besides me, then I would not change my sexuality. Because the big problem "gay dating" would not be a huge issue if I had a good guy, the insecurity does not trump love.

BTW...has anyone watched the A-list on LOGO, what do you think? ( I don't know if we consider this to be a LGBT question, but the show is pretty much like the gay version of the real world, and that is rare to find on tv.)

I am not too big on reality tv, but I love this addicting show - it's pretty damn "juicy" haha

I watched the whole first season today, and I have to say that I am moving to New York City after I obtain my degree! Anyone that watches the show is going to think that i am crazy for this next part, but I have a huge crush on Austin.

Don't be a rotten apple!
Check-out my Forbitten to see the latest developments in the Kenbi Region
!

Old September 10th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Drew
erase the noise.
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Wow, I always forget to check this place. I'm so horrible with clubs. lol

Oooh, interesting. -answers-

Uuumm, yes, yes it would. Hope I'm understanding the question. I'd imagine if I were already in love with someone of the same gender, then the opportunity to become *~*magically straight*~* would be unappealing. Chances are I'd be happy with that person, and content enough in the relationship that I wouldn't care much at all to change my perspective and ruin whatever I had with them. Plus, being straight would be easier, but certainly not as interesting as swinging both ways. -shot-
Old September 10th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody
Give up being Bi for that? No way!

To be honest...I don't care about gender. If I love someone, that's how I feel. The only thing that can stop me is that person. If they don't feel the same, that's fine...I'll pick myself up and move on. :3
Crystal Supporter Melody

"It loves to bask in the sunlight. It uses the leaf on its head to seek out warm places."
Chikorita

Old September 11th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

It would impact my decision, but I still wouldn't go through with it. I wouldn't give up the happiness and time I spent with that person just to be straight. I mean, if I'm with someone who means that much to me that I take their feelings into consideration while making a decision that affects me, then I'll say that that person means enough to me to not give them up for any reason.
Old September 13th, 2011, 01:26 PM
NurseBarbra
くら くら?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NurseBarbra
http://www.rainbowdelegation.org/ Just gonna leave this here. they're free and I'm getting 2
Old September 13th, 2011, 05:09 PM
aRedMoon

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aRedMoon Send a message via Skype™ to aRedMoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseBarbra View Post
http://www.rainbowdelegation.org/ Just gonna leave this here. they're free and I'm getting 2
I have one! They're really good quality ones, and I've gotten ~so~ many compliments on it. :D

Old September 13th, 2011, 06:20 PM
TornZero

I checked it out... and I ordered two. o3o

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old September 14th, 2011, 01:16 PM
wcdaily
Wizard needs food badly!

Nature: Lonely
I want to get one, but I wonder what my parents would think if they saw it in the mail.
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -Albus Dumbledore
Old September 14th, 2011, 01:29 PM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
Just ordered two wristbands. Hope they get here soon.
Old September 14th, 2011, 02:25 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcdaily View Post
I want to get one, but I wonder what my parents would think if they saw it in the mail.
This.

I wouldn't wear it anyway. Not a good idea around here...
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Last edited by QuilavaKing; September 14th, 2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old September 14th, 2011, 04:12 PM
TornZero

Just turned eighteen today, but I don't exactly feel any freer compared to seventeen. I'm still weird to any classmates that notice my behaviors; I don't smoke; and I don't feel like voting between the candidates we have right now.

Since last year or so, I've been somewhat more open with my interests regarding sexual attraction, though there isn't much of a change since it's difficult to be interested in most of my classmates (the most of which are potheads, party-lovers, and the gamers are generally boring because they only care about first-person shooters). But I digress. Basically, I've been more open about it, but it's gone overly unnoticed.

Old September 14th, 2011, 04:38 PM
wcdaily
Wizard needs food badly!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornZero View Post

I don't really try, but the closest thing I have done was when some guy at school called me a *insert homosexual innuendo here* then I just sat their in the corner smiling, he noticed and continued to pick on me. These kinds of people amuse me.
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -Albus Dumbledore
Old September 14th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking

Nature: Quirky

No, I suppose not. But, if I like someone like a crush; I tend to smile a lot, give them subtle hints. If that counts at all whatsoever. >.>"

But it's not like I'm allowing myself to get crushes anymore.

Um.... being open about it if someone asks is about as far as I can note.
[IMG][placeholder][/IMG]
pkmn Collector Elwood
Old September 15th, 2011, 06:20 AM
aRedMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcdaily View Post
IIRC, it comes in a normal envelope... parents probably wouldn't notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys121 View Post
Just ordered two wristbands. Hope they get here soon.
They won't. It takes a few weeks. (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoshi the Polar Bear View Post
No, I suppose not. But, if I like someone like a crush; I tend to smile a lot, give them subtle hints. If that counts at all whatsoever. >.>"
Cute <3

I totally do the same thing.

This one guy in my theory class makes my world right now.

Old September 15th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by aRedMoon View Post
Cute <3

I totally do the same thing.

This one guy in my theory class makes my world right now.
I have this attraction to this one guy recently who's friends with my best friend Laura- he acts so awkward near me (other people in general too I suppose, but shut up I'm fantisizing) and it makes me wonder if he finds me attractive. He kind acts like it, taking notice to things I had no idea he'd know about and making a bit of conversation even when Laura is not around and smiling.

I wouldn't mind grabbing a hamburger or somethin' somethin' you know.

AREN'T I FREAKING ADORABLE <3

Hm.... in addition to the recent question:

How do you (regardless if you're Lesbian, Bi, Gay, Trans, Straight, Pan, Questioning, WHATEVS) handle a crush?
[IMG][placeholder][/IMG]
pkmn Collector Elwood
Old September 15th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

I'm normally too shy to say anything if I'm crushing irl, which is something I guess I'll have to work on if I ever wanna find me a man but online I just tell everybody when I'm crushing on them - even the straight guys

Old September 15th, 2011, 06:31 PM
twistedpuppy
Siriusly Twisted

Nature: Timid
How do you (regardless if you're Lesbian, Bi, Gay, Trans, Straight, Pan, Questioning, WHATEVS) handle a crush?
Same response as Shining Raichu, except I don't tell them I have a crush. I just flirt a lot. It's tough in real life. Sometimes you don't know if they're the same orientation as you & if they're not there may be a chance they won't react well to your confession.
Old September 15th, 2011, 06:45 PM
TornZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoshi the Polar Bear View Post
I would normally drop random hints on it, but they're usually too oblivious to pick it up, or it just seems like I'm doing it naturally. T_T I'm too timid to go up to my crush and blatantly tell them, "I freakin' love you!"

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here