Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 2nd, 2011, 10:34 AM
Esper

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
Is it enough to trust someone before sex? Do you think that is appropriate or not to ask a potential sexual partner for STD/HIV testing results?

Totally necessary to ask if someone has any STIs and still quite appropriate to ask for some kind of proof. I'll admit that I have not done the later, however. I would not be against doing it if someone asked. You're at the beginning of a relationship so you don't know each other that well, probably, so this is something that helps build trust.

What was the first time you recall being attracted to the same sex? How did it make you feel? What was the first time you recall clearly identifying as not your birth gender?

Gonna answer these together. When I was very young (I can't remember exactly, maybe 6?) I can remember playing with dolls and pretending to play dress up and other girly things so I've always had and known I wasn't quite gendered properly, but it wasn't until much later that I even understood that trans people existed and it was only in high school that I was able to really admit anything to myself.

Since I wasn't clear with myself who I was I can't say that my first attractions were really same-sex or opposite-sex, but I first was attracted to girls in the 6th grade and I can only remember first being conscious of attraction to boys around the start of 9th grade. Some time after that I cam to realize that I found some trans/androgynous people attractive, too.

How did I feel? Pretty weird and lousy mostly. I was one of those people who could have used an "It Gets Better" campaign at the time.

deviantart blog pair
Old November 2nd, 2011, 10:54 AM
Charlie Kelly
King of the Rats

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
What was the first time you recall being attracted to the same sex? How did it make you feel?
Uh... when did Heroes premiere? Because it was Zachary Quinto's sexy, sexy eyebrows that sparked it for me.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 10:58 AM
Reddit
Indubitably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Kelly View Post
Uh... when did Heroes premiere? Because it was Zachary Quinto's sexy, sexy eyebrows that sparked it for me.
Yes..YES..YES! I freaking love him. o3o He's gay too, so that makes it all the more better.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 11:07 AM
Charlie Kelly
King of the Rats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddit View Post
Yes..YES..YES! I freaking love him. o3o He's gay too, so that makes it all the more better.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Though I don't see how anyone could find that face not sexy.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 11:21 AM
Ineffable~
DAT SNARKITUDE

Nature: Naive
I would answer my own questions, but honestly my whole discovery experience was so vague and uneventful that there's not much to say. Basically, there was never much surprise as to being attracted to girls since at the time I thought "oh that's normal". And when I found out I was trans it pretty much started as "my body is so weird idk I just want it to change I don't need to live as a girl though" (physical dysphoria alone) and progressed rather quickly to coming out of the closet to myself and saying "well now I'm going to be a girl kthnx" and I was quite quick to accept myself. I realised gender identity feelings way later than most people, like fourteen/fifteen and I didn't have a very long "I'm gonna disregard this / shove it deep down inside and stifle it" phase like other transpeepz I know.
The only interesting thing is that I came to identify as a lesbian by watching yuri-themed animes and realising how good they made me felt, and not in a sexual way.

#077: Ponyta - The Fire Horse Pokémon
Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Its hooves are 10 times harder
than diamonds. It can trample
anything completely flat in moments.

Abilities: Run Away or Flash Fire or Flame Body
Moves: Growl, Flame Wheel, Stomp, Agility
Locations: Pokémon Mansion

Cry

Other names:

jp: ポニータ (Ponyta)
de: Ponita
fr: Ponyta
cn: 小火馬 (Xiǎohuǒmǎ)

Old November 2nd, 2011, 04:51 PM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
Is it enough to trust someone before sex? Do you think that is appropriate or not to ask a potential sexual partner for STD/HIV testing results?

Omg yes, always ask. This is so imperative I don't even. I am so paranoid about diseases and catching them, I'd put myself in a plastic bubble if it were socially acceptable. As it stands, it is socially acceptable to put a certain part of you in a plastic bubble so I always make sure to do that even if I am sure the guy is clean lol. I'll never have unprotected sex, anyway, I'm far too paranoid for that. I always wear a condom (or require whoever I'm sleeping with to do the same if the... situation requires it). But yeah, I always ask just for extra peace of mind. Though it's weird sometimes trying to do it in a way that's not a moodkiller lol

What was the first time you recall being attracted to the same sex? How did it make you feel?

I was 9 or 10 when I first started having "sexual" thoughts about other boys (though, as a 9/10 year old, these were very very softcore and I'm not sure they'd even be considered sexual, it doesn't take much to please a kid lol) though I was sort of an oblivious child, so I never really thought much of it. I just lived in my own head and nothing much really phased me, so nothing really ever clicked. The first time I noticed myself noticing other boys was when I was 12 in my first year of high school in the change rooms after PE class. I won't get graphic, but a few of them took their shirts off and after that I had to get changed and leave very quickly to avoid embarrassment lol. It was at that point that I realised I was gay lmao. But yeah, I didn't go back into the changerooms until I was a little older and able to control my hormones a little better.

I feel like those might have been tmi responses, but hey you asked the questions...

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old November 2nd, 2011, 11:00 PM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
You know, your immune system needs germs to strengthen so living in a germ-free environment is a death wish. But enough about Carlin facts.

I think it's very important to ask about STI/HIVs, that's something you really do need to be careful about. No one should be offended. when being asked about that.

Also I just have to say, I'm really proud of Pokecommunity for being an acceptable site. Even outside this club no one here is judged by their sexuality I fell in love with this site because of the hacking section but when I realized how open we are, I'm positive now that this is the best Pokemon site on the entire internet!
Got an old laptop for hacking! With my IPod for Internet, my sister's laptop for transferring, and now this functional laptop for hacking, I'm back in the game!

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*

Last edited by U.Flame; November 2nd, 2011 at 11:39 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 11:38 PM
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
While the LGBT movement is mostly good, it does have its ugly side.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 01:34 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
This video is FOX News, which is famous as the least reliable news source in America because of its intense conservative spin that borders on propaganda. I saw nothing in that video that suggested it was anything different than exactly that.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old November 3rd, 2011, 08:20 AM
Snivy063
Booted out - don't be like me!

I actually didn't get the thread title at first. T__T; But anyway, sign me up! :'3

I'm still kind of confused with my gender, I'm trying to find an answer, so hopefully, I might get some here! :'D
Old November 3rd, 2011, 08:29 AM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snivy063 View Post
I actually didn't get the thread title at first. T__T; But anyway, sign me up! :'3

I'm still kind of confused with my gender, I'm trying to find an answer, so hopefully, I might get some here! :'D
Let me be the first to welcome you to the LGBTQIPAAOS Alliance, Snivy!

You'll find the vending machines, sitcoms and cartoons in the lounge, the games over in the den, movies and reality shows in the theatre, and (hopefully) your answers in this thread. :D

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 08:58 AM
Ineffable~
DAT SNARKITUDE

You can tell that that video is biased, but it does raise interesting points. Am I the only one who thinks the schools should only be for education and nothing else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snivy063 View Post

Welcome welcome welcome! We hope you can find both support and answers here! <3
But mostly support since the answers are in your heart. :3 (That was cheesier than I'd hoped . . . )

Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Cry

Other names:

Old November 3rd, 2011, 09:13 AM
Esper

I have not watched the video yet, but I'm going to assume it is something about schools teaching kids to be accepting of queer people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable~ View Post
You can tell that that video is biased, but it does raise interesting points. Am I the only one who thinks the schools should only be for education and nothing else?
What would you (or anyone else here) define as "education" then?

deviantart blog pair
Old November 3rd, 2011, 09:14 AM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Quote:

Welcome welcome welcome! We hope you can find both support and answers here! <3
But mostly support since the answers are in your heart. :3 (That was cheesier than I'd hoped . . . )
Cheesy, but very accurate. We're mostly here for support, but we can still help him find his answers.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 09:16 AM
Ineffable~
DAT SNARKITUDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
What would you (or anyone else here) define as "education" then?
I define it as teaching the facts, not instilling in children a school's moral values. It doesn't matter how right the school thinks it is because it's the parents' job to raise their children.

Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Cry

Other names:

Old November 3rd, 2011, 10:26 AM
-ty-
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
While the LGBT movement is mostly good, it does have its ugly side.
We read books and watched movies about racial discrimination in elementary school. Is that the black community's "ugly side"? The man who opposed the curriculum change acted as if there was not any education about racial discrimination, but I am doubtful that is true, if it truly is the case, then the new anti-bullying policy would protect his daughter from being discriminated against. The only case that he made was that the parents, not schools, should deal with bullying; kids get bullied at school and the parent cannot be there to do anything about it; it is hardly fair for the child to just deal with the bullying and then have a parent talk to them about how to "endure" it. Also, kids are not being taught that homosexuality is right or wrong; however, they are being told that bullying is wrong. The book about the two penguins does not teach homosexuality is right or wrong; it teaches that there are same-sex people who raise children and have families. Now the funding issue. They had to buy some books, big deal. *cough* that is my two cents.

Don't be a rotten apple!
Check-out my Forbitten to see the latest developments in the Kenbi Region
!

Old November 3rd, 2011, 10:33 AM
Ineffable~
DAT SNARKITUDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ty- View Post
Also, kids are not being taught that homosexuality is right or wrong; however, they are being told that bullying is wrong. The book about the two penguins does not teach homosexuality is right or wrong; it teaches that there are same-sex people who raise children and have families.
I guess I misunderstood what the school was doing in the first place because that's actually what I think they should do.

Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Cry

Other names:

Old November 3rd, 2011, 11:14 AM
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
This video is FOX News, which is famous as the least reliable news source in America because of its intense conservative spin that borders on propaganda. I saw nothing in that video that suggested it was anything different than exactly that.
FOX is probably the least biased, imo.

I can't call it a good thing when a group that fights for its own liberty takes away to liberty of others.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 11:18 AM
Esper

Quote:
I define it as teaching the facts, not instilling in children a school's moral values. It doesn't matter how right the school thinks it is because it's the parents' job to raise their children.
I think schools should be teaching kids facts, too, but also to think and understand cause and effect (such as the consequences of their actions). You don't have to tell kids "Being gay is okay" (although, really, schools should do this) in order to teach them that there are queer people and that picking on one of their classmates for being gay is unacceptable. I mean, goodness, what kind of world would we have if a teacher couldn't tell a kid not to do something if that kid was just acting like their parents taught them? There are crazy prejudiced people out there and when their kids are in school (where they ought to be because homeschooling would just perpetuate the hatred) a teacher should be able to correct them when they start to harass someone, even if that harassment is what that kid's parents want to teach them, because they need to keep school safe and teach kids how to get along.

deviantart blog pair
Old November 3rd, 2011, 12:12 PM
Ineffable~
DAT SNARKITUDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
I mean, goodness, what kind of world would we have if a teacher couldn't tell a kid not to do something if that kid was just acting like their parents taught them? There are crazy prejudiced people out there and when their kids are in school (where they ought to be because homeschooling would just perpetuate the hatred) a teacher should be able to correct them when they start to harass someone, even if that harassment is what that kid's parents want to teach them, because they need to keep school safe and teach kids how to get along.
Oh definitely, I mean I don't think of bullying as a moral issue just kind of . . . common sense. If you think it's right to beat the crap out of someone just for being different, than you're probably more damaged than anything else.

Lol sorry gaiz I misinterpreted teh school. D:

Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Cry

Other names:

Old November 4th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
I apologise if I'm not allowed to post in this thread what with not being a member and such, but I've just seen a really good movie that I imagine would appeal to a lot of this club's membership.

It's called Weekend, and the plot summary outlines it as follows: "After meeting one lonely Friday night at a bar, Russell (Tom Cullen) and Glen (Chris New) find themselves caught up in an lost weekend full of sex, drugs, and intimate conversation. Although they have conflicting ideas of what it is they want from life and certainly how to get it, they form a startling emotional connection that will resonate throughout their lives."

It's a very emotionally wrenching character study of what it means to be gay in the UK in the 21st century. Unlike other gay themed dramas that I've seen, it presents the characters as real people, not as stereotypes, and one certainly doesn't need to be gay to appreciate the nuances held within (I'm not gay and I was nearly in tears by the end of it). It just got released in the UK today, and it's already been released in the US for a few weeks now, but I imagine it's only playing in the large metropolitan areas. Still, I urge everyone (gay, straight, bi, trans, whatever...) to check it out if you can. (You can check out the trailer here.)

I'm going to leave now...
Old November 4th, 2011, 04:37 PM
-Jared-
Certified Responsible Adult
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cat Dog View Post
I apologise if I'm not allowed to post in this thread what with not being a member and such, but I've just seen a really good movie that I imagine would appeal to a lot of this club's membership.

It's called Weekend, and the plot summary outlines it as follows: "After meeting one lonely Friday night at a bar, Russell (Tom Cullen) and Glen (Chris New) find themselves caught up in an lost weekend full of sex, drugs, and intimate conversation. Although they have conflicting ideas of what it is they want from life and certainly how to get it, they form a startling emotional connection that will resonate throughout their lives."

It's a very emotionally wrenching character study of what it means to be gay in the UK in the 21st century. Unlike other gay themed dramas that I've seen, it presents the characters as real people, not as stereotypes, and one certainly doesn't need to be gay to appreciate the nuances held within (I'm not gay and I was nearly in tears by the end of it). It just got released in the UK today, and it's already been released in the US for a few weeks now, but I imagine it's only playing in the large metropolitan areas. Still, I urge everyone (gay, straight, bi, trans, whatever...) to check it out if you can. (You can check out the trailer here.)

I'm going to leave now...
First off, I may not run the club, but I am sure it's fine for you to post here. xP

Anyways, that sounds really interesting. Too bad I probably won't have a chance to see it anytime soon. ;__; If anybody does, you should post your reaction to the film. ^__^
Old November 4th, 2011, 07:55 PM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
OK, guys, I think this is the best place to post this: Based on a dream I had the other night, and thoughts and feelings I've had since having that dream, I think I'm bi. The dream involved sexual relations with a man, and with my current girlfriend in the same dream. I still have all the feelings for my girlfriend, so that's why I think "bi" would be the best term, not gay. Despite the fact that I know my family would accept me, and I know my girlfriend would stay with me, I'm kind of scared about coming out. Any advice?
Old November 4th, 2011, 09:07 PM
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

This is rather old tea, but did you hear about Chris Brown?
http://unicornbooty.com/blog/2011/09...x-is-a-bottom/

WARNING: It's not pornographic or anything, but still R-rated.

Last edited by FreakyLocz14; November 4th, 2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old November 4th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Charlie Kelly
King of the Rats

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys121 View Post
OK, guys, I think this is the best place to post this: Based on a dream I had the other night, and thoughts and feelings I've had since having that dream, I think I'm bi. The dream involved sexual relations with a man, and with my current girlfriend in the same dream. I still have all the feelings for my girlfriend, so that's why I think "bi" would be the best term, not gay. Despite the fact that I know my family would accept me, and I know my girlfriend would stay with me, I'm kind of scared about coming out. Any advice?
I'm guessing I'll probably be in the minority here when I say: I don't see why you need to "come out" right now. You say you have a girlfriend. Assuming you're faithful to her, you won't be doing anything with a man anytime soon. I mean, there's no reason to lie about it if you think everyone will understand, and there's no reason to hide your feelings if it bothers you keeping them from the people around you, it's just... it seems like in your situation, at the moment, your bisexuality is irrelevant, since you're in a committed heterosexual relationship.

Personally, I don't tell everyone I'm Bi. It's worked out well, since I don't date men. Who I have sexual relationships with no-one's business but mine and theirs. I don't hide it from everyone, but I've felt no need to tell my parents, since they don't really need to know if I'm having sex with anyone, male or female. I know for a fact they would be fine with me being gay if that were the case, so it's not a fear or anything of that nature, it's just a logical decision I've made.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here