The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 13th, 2011, 10:57 PM
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
So those without the ability to pay for a high enough level of private health insurance just have to deal with it? Being born into a body that wasn't meant for you would be something that is mentally and emotionally draining to live with every day. Just because it doesn't directly affect a person's physical health doesn't make it any less important or necessary to correct.
I see your point, but it's really not the job of the taxpayers to pay to correct birth defects that are not life-threatening.
Old November 13th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
I don't personally think that would make her a transsexual lol. If she was using magic to change between forms, that's a whole lot different simply because of the ease of reversal. I think in every single work of fiction that has involved magic, there has been at least one instance where it has been used to change a character between genders. I've seen it in Charmed, Buffy, Harry Potter and Bewitched just to name a few. I wouldn't think that that makes any of those characters transsexual either.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old November 13th, 2011, 11:29 PM
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

What about Ramna 1 1/2? Transsexual?
Old November 13th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Ineffable~
DAT SNARKITUDE

Nature: Naive
Ummm I don't think Sheik is transsexual. xD I mean she doesn't actually stay as Sheik; it would be one thing if she decided "hey let's turn into a man" and then turned into a man and stayed that way because she was happy with it but I'm pretty sure (from what I've heard since I haven't played Ocarina of Time) it was simply an easy disguise. I know from experience that (most) transsexual people aren't interested in just flip-flopping genders. ~_~ That's called gender fluid.

Also from what I've picked off online just now, it's actually unsure if Sheik is really a man and an actual change in sex is only mentioned in non-canon stuff.
In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Sheik has a very feminine voice/figure, and really honestly looks like a woman to me. I mean this isn't canon of course but you get it.

Quote:
I don't personally think that would make her a transsexual lol. If she was using magic to change between forms, that's a whole lot different simply because of the ease of reversal. I think in every single work of fiction that has involved magic, there has been at least one instance where it has been used to change a character between genders. I've seen it in Charmed, Buffy, Harry Potter and Bewitched just to name a few. I wouldn't think that that makes any of those characters transsexual either.
Wait, you saw it in Harry Potter? Are you talking about Polyjuice Potion? Because, otherwise I don't remember it.

#077: Ponyta - The Fire Horse Pokémon
Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Its hooves are 10 times harder
than diamonds. It can trample
anything completely flat in moments.

Abilities: Run Away or Flash Fire or Flame Body
Moves: Growl, Flame Wheel, Stomp, Agility
Locations: Pokémon Mansion

Cry

Other names:

jp: ポニータ (Ponyta)
de: Ponita
fr: Ponyta
cn: 小火馬 (Xiǎohuǒmǎ)

Old November 14th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Yeah, at the beginning of Book/Movie 7 when everybody turned into Harrys to fool Voldemort lol. Hermione and Fleur were among those who changed into Harry, so they were switching gender.

Old November 14th, 2011, 12:25 AM
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

Speaking of transsexuals, do you find this video offensive to them?
Old November 14th, 2011, 12:56 AM
Ineffable~
DAT SNARKITUDE

Quote:
Yeah, at the beginning of Book/Movie 7 when everybody turned into Harrys to fool Voldemort lol. Hermione and Fleur were among those who changed into Harry, so they were switching gender.
At first I was thinking "that doesn't count!" but I guess it counts just as much as Sheik does. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
That girl was really cute. She passed way better than they depicted her in the animated video.

Other than that I don't really have any comment. It looks really really sad but I can't tell much considering I didn't understand a single word anyone was saying.

Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Cry

Other names:

Old November 14th, 2011, 07:35 AM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
Hmm. So if Sheik is physically a man and mentally a woman, would falling in love with him be gay straight or perfectly bi?

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old November 14th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Ineffable~
DAT SNARKITUDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
Hmm. So if Sheik is physically a man and mentally a woman, would falling in love with him be gay straight or perfectly bi?
That depends on the gender of the person who's falling in love with Sheik. xD

Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Cry

Other names:

Old November 14th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
Since I don't really understand Chinese I can't really comment fully (although I did see the word for "suspect" in there - 嫌犯). I'm going to assume that the people reporting this and/or the person who gave us the English title of "cross-dressing student caught in girls dorm" could not necessarily understand the differences between cross-dressing, transvestism, being transgender, and so on and that they might mistake one for the other. If this were a case of a trans woman being called a cross-dresser I'd be quite bothered, but really, I can't say for sure.

The only thing that does bother me is the weird animated "re-enactment" as if this video was meant to teach people about cross-dressing (or, again, whatever it is they think they're talking about) and it seems rather insensitive and sensationalized.

Quote:
Another example of why terms like 'gay' and 'straight' and 'bi' don't really apply when you have anyone who isn't "traditionally" gendered.

deviantart blog pair
Old November 14th, 2011, 12:45 PM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable~ View Post

That depends on the gender of the person who's falling in love with Sheik. xD
I'm a male and I'm falling in love with Sheik. For many reasons that include his body and mind. Especially his flexibility and mysteriousness. But I guess it's hard to put a sexual label on transgender love.

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Quote:
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Old November 14th, 2011, 05:59 PM
-ty-
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Nature: Naughty
I think that Shiek is, as stupid as it sounds, in a similar position as Mulan. In order for Zelda/Mulan to survive, they both had to mask themselves as men and fight. A chinese woman or a Hyrulian woman are expected to be submissive to men, and not engage in physical combat. It was not so much Shiek/Zelda desired to be a man for sexual or gender identity purposes; however, Shiek/Zelda desired to be given the same treatment/opportunity from society as men did. Wow, moments like these just make me feel like a nerd.

First, state sexual orientation. Where have you met other people for potential dates/relationships? What was your experience with differing locations?

Don't be a rotten apple!
Check-out my Forbitten to see the latest developments in the Kenbi Region
!

Last edited by -ty-; November 14th, 2011 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 14th, 2011, 09:24 PM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ty- View Post
I think that Shiek is, as stupid as it sounds, in a similar position as Mulan. In order for Zelda/Mulan to survive, they both had to mask themselves as men and fight. A chinese woman or a Hyrulian woman are expected to be submissive to men, and not engage in physical combat. It was not so much Shiek/Zelda desired to be a man for sexual or gender identity purposes; however, Shiek/Zelda desired to be given the same treatment/opportunity from society as men did. Wow, moments like these just make me feel like a nerd.

First, state sexual orientation. Where have you met other people for potential dates/relationships? What was your experience with differing locations?
Close. Zelda disguised herself to hide from Ganondorf. Being a man makes it less likely to be discovered. Though Sheik fights ninja-like, Zelda can hold her own in battle with her magic.

I wish I could answer the topic question, but I haven't dated yet. Or even had my first kiss. T_T I wouldn't want to date anyone in my area anyways, they're too ghetto.

Quote:
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Old November 15th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

I can't really answer that question either, because I honestly don't know. I'm gay, so I can answer the first part, but beyond that it's a bit out of my scope. I've never really dated for something beyond sex. That shouldn't be taken as me being a 'player' or a 'skank' because my encounters have been sort of few and far between (I don't get out much lol) but rather I've never actually looked for dates or a relationship, because I feel like it's forced.

If a relationship is going to form with me, it has to happen organically. We'd probably be friends first and then have it lead to something more. Honestly I can't think of anything more torturous than going out looking for a date lol.

The sexual encounters I've had have sort of in one way or another found me, so I can't even really name a place I've gone and met them lol

Old November 15th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Esper

Quote:
Honestly I can't think of anything more torturous than going out looking for a date lol.
100% agree with you on this. I can't imagine actually going out somewhere with the intention of looking for someone to date. That seems so impersonal. I'm a much bigger fan of getting to know someone before dating. Everyone I've ever dated has been someone I knew for at least a little while before and got along with as a friend.

deviantart blog pair
Old November 15th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:

Quote:
Close. Zelda disguised herself to hide from Ganondorf. Being a man makes it less likely to be discovered. Though Sheik fights ninja-like, Zelda can hold her own in battle with her magic.

I wish I could answer the topic question, but I haven't dated yet. Or even had my first kiss. T_T I wouldn't want to date anyone in my area anyways, they're too ghetto.
Have to agree with U_Flame on this one. The second Zelda took off her disguise in OoT, Ganondorf took her away so that made it pretty obvious that she needed the disguise just so she wouldn't be captured, I doubt it had much to do with her seeking for a man's place in the world or anything like that.

1. I'm straight. 2. I've always started relationships organically. My current one started because we met at a club (like a school organization, not a nightclub) and fell for each other within a few days and then were dating within the week, lol. The only other (rl) boyfriend I've had before that I met because he was part of my group of friends and in a class with me, so that was pretty organic too. I'm definitely not the type to look for people to date, between these two boyfriends was about 4 years so it's not like I was looking very hard, lol.
PM
Old November 15th, 2011, 08:33 AM
-Jared-
Certified Responsible Adult
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:

First, I always stay out if these Zelda/Shiek debates, because I never played OoT. xD

Second question, I have to say the same as U_Flame. :\ Never dated, never kissed anyone, etc. And I don't think looking for a date is that bad, mainly because it would be very difficult for a gay person, where I live, to randomly find another gay guy to be in a relationship with. We're pretty sparse here. xD So, when I come out, and do start wanting to date, I might use eHarmony or whatever. At least, to get the feel for dating under my belt, lol.
Old November 15th, 2011, 09:38 AM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
Just dropping by to share a picture that was shared by one of the Facebook pages I frequent.
Old November 15th, 2011, 12:30 PM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikapal642 View Post

First, I always stay out if these Zelda/Shiek debates, because I never played OoT. xD

Second question, I have to say the same as U_Flame. :\ Never dated, never kissed anyone, etc. And I don't think looking for a date is that bad, mainly because it would be very difficult for a gay person, where I live, to randomly find another gay guy to be in a relationship with. We're pretty sparse here. xD So, when I come out, and do start wanting to date, I might use eHarmony or whatever. At least, to get the feel for dating under my belt, lol.
GASP! There's a reason Ocarina of Time is STILL considered one of the greatest games ever made! If you ever get the chance, you HAVE to play it.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't kissed. In my school, being a virgin is a bad thing. If they found out I haven't even kissed, I would be killed!

Quote:
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Old November 16th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Quote:
GASP! There's a reason Ocarina of Time is STILL considered one of the greatest games ever made! If you ever get the chance, you HAVE to play it.
Until Skyward Sword comes out

Anyway I wanted to share these. There's a club on my campus called the 4 to 5 movement, based around the fact that 80% of educated adults age 18 to 30 support the general package of LGBT rights, but when surveyed the same people guessed that only about 1/3 of people actually did. The goal is to let people know that they actually are in the majority with their support of LGBT issues. These are supposed to be going up around campus in the next couple of days, because...my school kind of has a problem with LGBT issues even though the students don't. :x

Warning these are kinda big.

Spoiler:
PM
Old November 16th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
Anyway I wanted to share these. There's a club on my campus called the 4 to 5 movement, based around the fact that 80% of educated adults age 18 to 30 support the general package of LGBT rights, but when surveyed the same people guessed that only about 1/3 of people actually did. The goal is to let people know that they actually are in the majority with their support of LGBT issues. These are supposed to be going up around campus in the next couple of days, because...my school kind of has a problem with LGBT issues even though the students don't. :x
I'm sorry, but I can't help but notice that the statistic is 4 out of 5 college educated people between the ages of 18 and 30. Not to get all stereotypin' but I don't think it's these people we need to worry about as much as it is the people who didn't go on to further their education after they left high school or are generally older and/or more "traditionally" minded.

I'm kind of saddened that your school doesn't have the kinds of protections and recognition that I assumed all colleges had. (At least those that weren't small religious ones.)

deviantart blog pair
Old November 16th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
I'm sorry, but I can't help but notice that the statistic is 4 out of 5 college educated people between the ages of 18 and 30. Not to get all stereotypin' but I don't think it's these people we need to worry about as much as it is the people who didn't go on to further their education after they left high school or are generally older and/or more "traditionally" minded.

I'm kind of saddened that your school doesn't have the kinds of protections and recognition that I assumed all colleges had. (At least those that weren't small religious ones.)
Yeah, but the club is...a college club. So the target is college educated people, or people that will become college educated once they graduate. There are a lot of movements and such to try to raise tolerance among people who aren't tolerant, but the point of this is to get people to realize that they're in the majority so they don't feel uncomfortable speaking up on the topic. It's specifically targeted towards that 80%.

Yeah I think the main problem is that my school gets a huge majority of its money from alumni donations, and when the alumni don't like something, they tell us with their wallets. ND took a huge beating financially when they invite Barack Obama to speak on campus because of his pro-choice views as it is, I doubt they want to stir up more controversy and possibly lose the donors that have been loyal up until now. It's dumb but money talks. :/
PM
Old November 16th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Ineffable~
DAT SNARKITUDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
I'm sorry, but I can't help but notice that the statistic is 4 out of 5 college educated people between the ages of 18 and 30.
Yeah, I'm not sure the statistic is as accurate and clear-cut as they're going for. What does "the general package" mean exactly?

Still, I do think it's a majority myself I just think it's hard to measure without giving people a whole analysis and stuff. Everyone's different on these issues and in my opinion it's hard to say if someone's a "supporter" if they don't think discrimination based on sexuality or gender identity should be legal, but aren't okay with gay marriage (as an example).

Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Cry

Other names:

Old November 16th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Oryx
Community Supporter

I kind of thought you guys would...appreciate it. I thought it was a good idea at least. Nevermind then.
PM
Old November 16th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
I kind of thought you guys would...appreciate it. I thought it was a good idea at least. Nevermind then.
Don't let my pessimism deter you. I should have added that I do think it's a welcome effort regardless of my cynical response. I guess I just didn't connect that your college was a Catholic college. Dx I am very sorry.

deviantart blog pair
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here