The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #126    
Old June 6th, 2011 (04:22 PM).
Sodom's Avatar
Sodom
with a capital Y.
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Wow, congratulations, that's so amazing! That's all we could want, isn't it? Parents who love you anyway.
__________________

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Reply With Quote
  #127    
Old June 6th, 2011 (04:46 PM).
G.U.Y.'s Avatar
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Major congratulations to PIW (pew pew pew! *is shooting lasers*) I am so glad everything turned out alright for you!

I made another comic, it's not funny. But, I wanted to show my thanks to some of the people on Reddit and I figured it was relevant to post here.

Spoiler:
__________________
♪ Been there, done that, got the t-shirt ♫

♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
Reply With Quote
  #128    
Old June 6th, 2011 (05:15 PM).
Sydian's Avatar
Sydian
revolution
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Aww, that's great Whimsicott! I'm really happy for you! :) It's cute that you got to go to DQ also, lol. I wish I could go get ice cream.
__________________

Play the game to change the game
Reply With Quote
  #129    
Old June 6th, 2011 (06:06 PM).
FreakyLocz14's Avatar
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
I personally don't say the word "gay" a lot. I don't speak of my friend's sexual orientation unless it's absolutely necessary. It's not the defining characteristic in getting to know them as a person.
Reply With Quote
  #130    
Old June 7th, 2011 (03:05 AM).
PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott's Avatar
PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott
Green~
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nowhere. Yet.
Gender: Female
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseBarbra View Post
Congratz~
Spoiler:



I say we celebrate with a party!... GROUP HUG!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid Trainer View Post
Spoiler:


Thats awesome that everyone took it all so well :D i love the idea of the note btw x]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impo View Post
That's great!
I thought I'd just comment to say I'm happy for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
Wow, congratulations, that's so amazing! That's all we could want, isn't it? Parents who love you anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landorus View Post
Major congratulations to PIW (pew pew pew! *is shooting lasers*) I am so glad everything turned out alright for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Aww, that's great Whimsicott! I'm really happy for you! It's cute that you got to go to DQ also, lol. I wish I could go get ice cream.
Thanks, guys. We're working through things, and I still have freaking four days left of school until we have all the time we need. Again, these (^) really mean a lot to me; heck, my hands are practically shaking right now! <33333333
__________________
Life on Earth is like a man's shadow; it is something to compare the reality to.

The saying "if life gives you lemons, make lemonade" means to make the best of what you have; but what if you don't enjoy lemonade?

The only way to achieve true bliss is to die; if moms knew this, we'd be short 50% of the female population.

If two electric trains are running on two different planes of reality, and those two planes merge, how would one find out about the other before the crash?

And, in closing, if one squabbles with a true fool, after a while, he will begin to question who the real fool is.
Reply With Quote
  #131    
Old June 7th, 2011 (03:48 AM).
Impo's Avatar
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott View Post
Thanks, guys. We're working through things, and I still have freaking four days left of school until we have all the time we need. Again, these (^) really mean a lot to me; heck, my hands are practically shaking right now! <33333333
Ah, I know that feeling!
Just know we all support you're decisions!

-

...I feel like making a topic, but none come to mind.
I don't know if this has been done (can't be bothered looking), or if I have the authority to do so (because I have no authority), but let's see...

How do you react when people make fun of people that aren't heterosexual?
Why do you think they do so (religion, etc.)?



__________________

3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu

Reply With Quote
  #132    
Old June 7th, 2011 (08:58 AM).
Hybrid Trainer's Avatar
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: «UK»
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impo View Post
How do you react when people make fun of people that aren't heterosexual?
Why do you think they do so (religion, etc.)?
This is a bit like the gay bashing one but not the exact same x]

For the first question i guess its mostly disgust. What rights do straight people have that would possibly allow someone to single out someone for something they don't control and ridicule them for it?

As for the second question its mostly one of four reasons. First one is religion, where said person has been taught that being anything apart from heterosexual is wrong. Second one is being in the closet, everyone knows at least one person who is secretly gay or whatever and acts all homophobic to try and draw attention away from themselves. Third one is being un-educated, there were so many people in my high school class who believed silly rumors about gay people like if your gay you automatically have aids or something which they still believed until one of our teachers explained it to them. And finally there is the just plain (for lack of a better forum friendly word) morons who know all the facts and still say that being gay is wrong because it doesn't apply to them.
Theres probably more reasons but there the only ones i've come across x]
__________________


"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Reply With Quote
  #133    
Old June 7th, 2011 (10:10 AM).
Esper's Avatar
Esper
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
How do you react when people make fun of people that aren't heterosexual?

I don't usually see people making fun of it exactly. Well, aside from people who aren't straight in the first place, but that's a kind of not-serious, self-referential humor that everyone does when they're with friends and it doesn't really mean anything. Mostly what I see is disgust and bewilderment, like "I heard that person of there is a he-she or whatever. So weird. How does that even work?"

Why do you think they do so (religion, etc.)?
Ignorance, lack of exposure to things that aren't heteronormative. They've never seen/thought about/talked to people who were different so they just fill in the gaps with whatever fills their heads. For some people it's not really as bad because they're not mean-spirited so it's kind of like little kids who make fun of other kids because they wear glasses. They just don't know better or know what it's like to be on the other side. Others have agendas and ideologies and they don't accept anything that doesn't fit into their worldviews so they fill the gaps with whatever matches best to them. That can be religion, but it can also be a cultural thing under the guise of religion.
__________________

deviantart blog pair
Reply With Quote
  #134    
Old June 7th, 2011 (11:20 AM).
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear's Avatar
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: That One Place
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu

Well, I was sort of expanding on your concept that the term 'gay' is a hindrance to masculinity (therefore being stereotypically feminine), and that you don't see yourself as 'gay'.Displays of affection are typically seen as feminine (in my experience, anyway) so many men aren't comfortable partaking. That's what I mean by 'letting some of the "gay" in'

I quite agree, but still lol

Also, Nurse Barbra and I both hit on you and you don't acknowledge it? Are we not pretty enough?


Well perhaps I should elaborate on this more;
The reason why I, at the time, felt like my masculinity was being insulted was because in my mind, it feels as if the term "gay" no longer has anything to do with the actual sexuality anymore. The media, common association, and common connotation very much made "gay" not homosexual, but the stereotype of homosexual people. And since nobody is the stereotype, and the stereotype didn't align with who I am and what my morals are, it in all honesty it sort of made me feel emasculated (because I wasn't secure about it at the time, and this ordeal I was facing sure wasn't helping) using it to define a certain aspect of myself, and making it bigger than it actually is. But that definitely wasn't the main focus of why I changed from using "gay" to "homosexual." That was just a promoter, if you will.
Also, I'd add this in; it's sort of a disclaimer: I don't care and fully accept people who are outside of "the gender box," meaning naturally feminine guys and naturally masculine girls. My problem had to do with struggling with the stereotype, not others' natural disposition.

Well I grew up with a ton of love from my parents and a very affectionate Dad, so in my view and opinion on being affectionate is definitely not a feminine or a masculine thing. It's a show of love to a friend, parent, anyone.
The reason why so many men seem to be not okay with it, is because (and this was said by a very intelligent friend of mine) men tend to be more sensitive to outside emotional stimuli, so affection is often exaggerated to take on other meanings if the relationship isn't clearly defined (to friend, close friend, etc.) that might make the receiving male uncomfortable. The uncomfortably results in the fear of emasculation, which is why affection may be seen as feminine in a person's eyes.
So, I have to disagree with you saying affection is a "gay" thing.
But you bring up a very interesting point of view from me. I'd love to hear your reaction to this. :3

Oh, I noticed. I was just too busy feeling torn to whom I’ll go to dinner with. *wink*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott
/wall of text that bores you but is the best thing I've ever written.


I couldn't be happier with your result!
Thank goodness that everyone around you is very supportive.
Best of luck with your future!

----

How do you react when people make fun of people that aren't heterosexual?

Well the only sort of thing I can say fit this is hearing "gay" or "fa(you-know-the-rest)" thrown around. When I hear it, I kind of feel a shock, but, it usually brush it off. They're throwing it around because they don't understand the magnitude of it. I don't really care unless someone is genuinely harassing someone.

Why do you think they do so (religion, etc.)?

Insecurity with subject, empowering, lack of education on subject, lack of education on word, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #135    
Old June 7th, 2011 (11:42 AM).
Sydian's Avatar
Sydian
revolution
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
How do you react when people make fun of people that aren't heterosexual?

Really bugs me. I usually get pissed off and say "well would you like it if someone made fun of how you ______." Just pick some random flaw you see with them right off the bat. As I'm sure I've mentioned plenty of times here, I have a horrible temper and I act without thinking quite a bit. So I'll just call them out on something. lol

Why do you think they do so (religion, etc.)?

Religion plays a part in it, but personally, I think the majority of those making fun of anyone that's not heterosexual is a lack of understanding of people. And hell, this goes for different races, religions, etc and not just orientations. It just shows a lack of respect and knowledge of groups of people that aren't like yourself.
__________________

Play the game to change the game
Reply With Quote
  #136    
Old June 7th, 2011 (01:02 PM). Edited June 7th, 2011 by solarowl.
solarowl's Avatar
solarowl
I'll always be an Outsider.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hoenn
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to solarowl
Guess I should get active, since it's been a while and I haven't. XD
How do you react when people make fun of people that aren't heterosexual?

I just hate that. I usually stand up for the person that is being made fun of. I mean, it's not right to do that just because they're different.

Why do you think they do so (religion, etc.)?

I think they do that, like Sydian said, because maybe they just hate that person for being different. But just because someone is different, you don't have to tease or bully them.
__________________
When I stepped out into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house,
I had only two things on my mind:
Paul Newman and a ride home.
...
Reply With Quote
  #137    
Old June 7th, 2011 (02:02 PM).
PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott's Avatar
PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott
Green~
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nowhere. Yet.
Gender: Female
Nature: Adamant
Thanks, guys. I would answer Impo's topics, but they've all been said. All of theirs above in one. That's basically how I feel. I mean, would you make fun of someone who was handicapped or mentally retarded? No, you wouldn't, and that's just like making fun of someone homosexual/in the wrong body. It's something you're born with and can't control, and you can't change it;just like being heterosexual.
__________________
Life on Earth is like a man's shadow; it is something to compare the reality to.

The saying "if life gives you lemons, make lemonade" means to make the best of what you have; but what if you don't enjoy lemonade?

The only way to achieve true bliss is to die; if moms knew this, we'd be short 50% of the female population.

If two electric trains are running on two different planes of reality, and those two planes merge, how would one find out about the other before the crash?

And, in closing, if one squabbles with a true fool, after a while, he will begin to question who the real fool is.
Reply With Quote
  #138    
Old June 7th, 2011 (02:07 PM).
FreakyLocz14's Avatar
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
How do you react when people make fun of people that aren't heterosexual?
I ignore it. If they want to get physical, Shining Raichu knows that it will be a very bad day for them (inside joke). I live in the Bay Area of California. Since I'm a 45 minute drive from San Francisco (in good traffic), it's a relatively LGBT friendly area. You'll hear people yell "f*g" once in awhile, but I've yet to see a physical bashing take place in public.

Why do you think they do so (religion, etc.)?
I'd say religion is a part of it, but we can't completely blame religion. Plenty of the more accepting youth I know are devout Catholics, myself likewise. I'd say it's more of a generational thing. The older generation grew up in a time when LGBT people were widely thought of as pedophiles with a mental disorder.
Reply With Quote
  #139    
Old June 7th, 2011 (02:49 PM).
twistedpuppy's Avatar
twistedpuppy
Siriusly Twisted
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott View Post
Spoiler:
Oh, oh, oh, your comic was just...AWESOMELY HILARIOUS. LURVZ IT. DO MORE.

Oh, and, uh...

I came out today. To my parents. They received it very well. I wrote a note to my mom, upon my request she called my dad, and on his way there, my mom and I talked and I explained. My dad took me to Dairy Queen and got me ice cream, and we talked about it too. I was comfortable. We talked as a family (my little bro was at Camp Fitch, THANK GOD) and then my Dad went to go tell my stepmom at their house. My mom told her boyfriend over the phone, and he said that it didn't matter who I was inside. He didn't think any different of me.

I am sooooo relieved that all of the major people who need to know know now, and that they all understand. I have a meeting with the nearest professional, and we'll go from there. My parents are cutting me off whenever I say I'm sure, but we're on hypos like "if we start hormones..." and "I'll pay for this, she'll pay for that..." and all of it. I'm a lot happier NOW. I have to wait until this is all over and see how THAT feels!

/wall of text that bores you but is the best thing I've ever written

I'm happy. :3
tl;dr
I kid, I kid. That's so awesome! :cer_boogie: I know I'm tardy to the party, but I wasn't here yesterday. Still, congrats! n.n

~~~

How do you react when people make fun of people that aren't heterosexual?
If it's me they're making fun of, I just bite my tongue & get on with my day. However if it's someone else, then I'm quick to stand up for them.

Why do you think they do so (religion, etc.)?
I'd say religion does play a part of it. Other times it's baseless fear of the unknown. I can't say for sure because I don't read minds.
Reply With Quote
  #140    
Old June 7th, 2011 (03:03 PM).
Hybrid Trainer's Avatar
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: «UK»
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarowl View Post
Besides, it's their own choices, they can choose whether to be heterosexual or not, they don't need someone else's opinions.
I am reading this right? xD
__________________


"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Reply With Quote
  #141    
Old June 7th, 2011 (04:03 PM).
PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott's Avatar
PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott
Green~
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nowhere. Yet.
Gender: Female
Nature: Adamant
Thanks, twisted. I'm...happy.

Oh, and I'm with Hybrid Trainer;
__________________
Life on Earth is like a man's shadow; it is something to compare the reality to.

The saying "if life gives you lemons, make lemonade" means to make the best of what you have; but what if you don't enjoy lemonade?

The only way to achieve true bliss is to die; if moms knew this, we'd be short 50% of the female population.

If two electric trains are running on two different planes of reality, and those two planes merge, how would one find out about the other before the crash?

And, in closing, if one squabbles with a true fool, after a while, he will begin to question who the real fool is.
Reply With Quote
  #142    
Old June 7th, 2011 (04:23 PM).
Sodom's Avatar
Sodom
with a capital Y.
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Gah damn time zones, I hate having like twenty posts to catch up on lol

OK, to business first:

How do you react when people make fun of people that aren't heterosexual?
I tend to have a sense of humour about myself and about the whole sexuality thing, and I think it's incredibly important not to take yourself too seriously because people can be so highly strung and get offended easily. So it doesn't bug me at all if it's just good-natured banter, but I do find it easy to tell the difference between that and bigotry.

Why do you think they do so (religion, etc.)?
The ones that don't mean well do it for a variety of reasons. Fear of being seen as gay themselves is a big one, and as some people have said, lack of exposure to non-heteronormative people, or even just their upbringing. Bigotry is something that trickles down from generation to generation, unless the new generation are strong-minded enough to reject the hate.

Religion is a huge one, and I am a vocal lobbyist against all religions here on PC. The thing that bugs me is when religious people come and say "oh no, religion is all about love, we don't hate the gays at my church." It's not that I believe that all religious people are gay-haters, and it's not that I don't believe what they say about their own experiences, but it makes me feel like they're calling the LGBT community either liars or over-sensitive, like the evidential track record means nothing and we've just made the whole thing up in our heads. Religion has this gay-hating reputation for a reason, it did not just sprout from nowhere. For more on my opinions about religion, you can check my post history and a variety of threads on Other Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
How do you react when people make fun of people that aren't heterosexual?
I ignore it. If they want to get physical, Shining Raichu knows that it will be a very bad day for them (inside joke).
LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoshi the Polar Bear View Post
Well I grew up with a ton of love from my parents and a very affectionate Dad, so in my view and opinion on being affectionate is definitely not a feminine or a masculine thing. It's a show of love to a friend, parent, anyone.

The reason why so many men seem to be not okay with it, is because (and this was said by a very intelligent friend of mine) men tend to be more sensitive to outside emotional stimuli, so affection is often exaggerated to take on other meanings if the relationship isn't clearly defined (to friend, close friend, etc.) that might make the receiving male uncomfortable. The uncomfortably results in the fear of emasculation, which is why affection may be seen as feminine in a person's eyes.
So, I have to disagree with you saying affection is a "gay" thing.
But you bring up a very interesting point of view from me. I'd love to hear your reaction to this. :3

Oh, I noticed. I was just too busy feeling torn to whom I’ll go to dinner with. *wink*
Clearly we've had very very different experiences with our fathers lol. Mine was never affectionate at all, and we have an incredibly strained relationship because I'm not comfortable with his over-compensatory masculinity

Your friend's point is very very true, and I admit I'd never thought of it that way. But it also begs the question of my being seen as masculine is so much more important to men than being seen as feminine is to women. And I wasn't saying affection is a gay thing, I was just playing off what I thought you had said originally (confusing word jumble)

Pick me, I'll make it worth your while


Quote:
Originally Posted by solarowl View Post
Besides, it's their own choices, they can choose whether to be heterosexual or not, they don't need someone else's opinions.
lol I'm not going to attack you for this because I've spoken to you on MSN about sexualities and I really do know that you mean well (and I'll ask everybody else not to attack you too - yeah, I see you over there with your blades, put them down. PUT THEM DOWN.) but this is the assumption we're fighting against - nobody chooses their sexuality. I'm sure you know that though, it was just a poor choice of words - it happens to all of us lol
__________________

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Reply With Quote
  #143    
Old June 7th, 2011 (04:40 PM).
Sydian's Avatar
Sydian
revolution
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Besides, it's their own choices, they can choose whether to be heterosexual or not, they don't need someone else's opinions.
I'm sorry, I laughed too hard at that to just let it go without y'all knowing. I know you might be misusing your words, but omg, laugh of the day. /scurries off
__________________

Play the game to change the game
Reply With Quote
  #144    
Old June 7th, 2011 (05:41 PM).
solarowl's Avatar
solarowl
I'll always be an Outsider.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hoenn
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to solarowl
Sorry about that. ^^;
I think I must have zoned off there, because I don't remember typing that up. lol
It makes no sense. XD
What I meant was:
Nobody can choose their sexuality. But that doesn't make it right for people of another sexuality, to make fun of people from others, just because they're different. It shouldn't matter what race, or in this case, sexuality, people are in, because a person is a person. No one is really better or worse than another.
DUN KILL ME PEOPLZ!
__________________
When I stepped out into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house,
I had only two things on my mind:
Paul Newman and a ride home.
...
Reply With Quote
  #145    
Old June 8th, 2011 (12:36 AM).
FreakyLocz14's Avatar
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
One of the final votes that the Associated Students Senate Democrats having been pushing at my university before they slip even further into the minority (current: Senate: 13 R, 12 D; House: 52 D, 49 R; Democrats will lose 2 House seats on July 1) was a bill that passed the House and was voted on by the Senate. At the Republican Caucus meeting, I tried to solicit some GOP Senators to break with the party on a bill that would allow trans students to change their sex on school documents without having had gone through a sex change operation. There were 2 Democrats (the one for black students and the one for Muslim students) that were opposing the bill. That meant that I needed to sway at least one of my party members.

Final Vote:
14 Yeas, 11 Nays
Yeas: 10/12 Democrats, 4/13 Republicans
Nays: 2/12 Democrats, 9/13 Republicans

April House Vote:
56 Yeas, 45 Nays
Yeas: 44/52 Democrats, 12/49 Republicans
Nays: 8/52 Democrats, 37/49 Republicans

The AS President signed the bill the within an hour of the vote.

Trans students must still use the restrooms that correspond to their birth sexes. A bill that pass a year ago when the Democrats controlled all of the AS was vetoed by the President. The same bill passed the House 51-50, but died in the Senate.
Reply With Quote
  #146    
Old June 9th, 2011 (11:29 AM).
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear's Avatar
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: That One Place
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu

Clearly we've had very very different experiences with our fathers lol. Mine was never affectionate at all, and we have an incredibly strained relationship because I'm not comfortable with his over-compensatory masculinity

Your friend's point is very very true, and I admit I'd never thought of it that way. But it also begs the question of my being seen as masculine is so much more important to men than being seen as feminine is to women. And I wasn't saying affection is a gay thing, I was just playing off what I thought you had said originally (confusing word jumble)

Pick me, I'll make it worth your while


And that's another thing; masculinity/femininity can never be everything. If it's you, it's you, but it's a completely different thing to be excessive and make it your world.
But being comfortable with masculinity/femininity is a long process- to be honest, I might be more secure now, but I'm not fully.
Then again, I have a lot to patch up on about myself. But good grief, have I made progress.
Ands that’s all there is left to this topic I think- Hm.

Yeah, I would say that if one is completely insecure about their masculinity that displaying masculinity that one possesses might seem very important to other males rather than females, and that females feel less of a need to express femininity, since girls tend to have a freer spectrum on it.
E.g. the "Tomboy."

Oh man I can't wait.
Reply With Quote
  #147    
Old June 9th, 2011 (01:25 PM).
NurseBarbra's Avatar
NurseBarbra
くら くら?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NurseBarbra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoshi the Polar Bear View Post

Oh man I can't wait.
Don't I get a say in this relationship? Why can't we just have a 3-way?

Yes well, This is just gonna be a rant post.
Spoiler:
Today (and for the past few days) I've had Summer Exams, And recently I've been getting "verbally bullied" by some.... neanderthals.. (not that I care about what they say), And have been forced to take action as they have progressed to near physical bullying (E.g Saying "I'll stab your neck" while holding pens and pencils), I've taken up a case with the schools board about the amount of bullying that not just I, but a number of LGBT students have been faced with lately (It's not just my year group apparently... :/ ), And so far it's going well. I could of just decided to break each and every bone in their bodies, But legal matters trimuph once again.
half of all your stuff please
So yeah, Anyone want to hear my argument for the school board?


Only real reason I'm ranting is because Portal2 decided not to work on my PC anymore, No matter how many times I reinstall Steam...
Reply With Quote
  #148    
Old June 9th, 2011 (04:51 PM).
twistedpuppy's Avatar
twistedpuppy
Siriusly Twisted
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseBarbra View Post
Don't I get a say in this relationship? Why can't we just have a 3-way?

Yes well, This is just gonna be a rant post.
Spoiler:
Today (and for the past few days) I've had Summer Exams, And recently I've been getting "verbally bullied" by some.... neanderthals.. (not that I care about what they say), And have been forced to take action as they have progressed to near physical bullying (E.g Saying "I'll stab your neck" while holding pens and pencils), I've taken up a case with the schools board about the amount of bullying that not just I, but a number of LGBT students have been faced with lately (It's not just my year group apparently... :/ ), And so far it's going well. I could of just decided to break each and every bone in their bodies, But legal matters trimuph once again.
half of all your stuff please
So yeah, Anyone want to hear my argument for the school board?


Only real reason I'm ranting is because Portal2 decided not to work on my PC anymore, No matter how many times I reinstall Steam...
*applause*
I congratulate you for standing up & fighting back. Through legal ways of course What was your argument to the school board & have they started taking any measures to prevent bullying?
Reply With Quote
  #149    
Old June 9th, 2011 (05:26 PM).
Ctrl.Alt.Geak's Avatar
Ctrl.Alt.Geak
Swords Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseBarbra View Post
Don't I get a say in this relationship? Why can't we just have a 3-way?

Yes well, This is just gonna be a rant post.
Spoiler:
Today (and for the past few days) I've had Summer Exams, And recently I've been getting "verbally bullied" by some.... neanderthals.. (not that I care about what they say), And have been forced to take action as they have progressed to near physical bullying (E.g Saying "I'll stab your neck" while holding pens and pencils), I've taken up a case with the schools board about the amount of bullying that not just I, but a number of LGBT students have been faced with lately (It's not just my year group apparently... :/ ), And so far it's going well. I could of just decided to break each and every bone in their bodies, But legal matters trimuph once again.
half of all your stuff please
So yeah, Anyone want to hear my argument for the school board?


Only real reason I'm ranting is because Portal2 decided not to work on my PC anymore, No matter how many times I reinstall Steam...
I'm quite interested to hear what argument you put forward too.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #150    
Old June 9th, 2011 (05:52 PM).
NurseBarbra's Avatar
NurseBarbra
くら くら?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NurseBarbra
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedpuppy View Post


*applause*
I congratulate you for standing up & fighting back. Through legal ways of course What was your argument to the school board & have they started taking any measures to prevent bullying?
My argument is this:

Spoiler:
All students MUST sign a code of conduct every 6 months in my school to keep their place (It's a phone book of a contract basically). Students must abide by these rules in, on or within 50m of the school gates. Under the code ( Section 2.C.vii "Bullying and Harassment" ) :
Quote:
The school community will not tolerate any form of behaviour, by means of word or deed, which causes, or is percieved to cause, hurt or offence to a student, teacher or faculity member.

All instances of said behaviour must be reported to a teacher or faculity member, and filled to the deputy principal. All complaints of bullying/harassment shall be investigated.

In our school, students are protected under the Equal Status Act (2000), which cites nine grounds of discrimination: Gender, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race, membership of the Travelling community.
The students involved were already on restricted timetables for other "instances".

As a member of the school, I shouldn't have to deal with acts of harm. I pay my re-enrollment fee every year, I make sure to read the code every 6 months, I write down and report any "instances". Why should I, aswell as others, feel unsafe in our school, a feeling which is caused by a small minority of... neanderthals (Why call them students if they don't even do any work. I did in the report I filed though.).
So yeah. [/rant]
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:00 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.