Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 23rd, 2011 (10:08 PM).
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by -ty-:
I think that some gay people, including myself to an extent, strive to almost dispose of any "pejorative" qualities we have; essentially, perfectionism, in order to compensate for how others perceive our sexuality. I don't pretend to act straight, but I would say that I try to be very ambitious, stay in shape, and plan to get married and have children. Basically, possess the qualities that most men who are straight envy.

Sometimes I feel like i have to separate myself from the "******", "slackers", "druggies" and "chubs" in my dating life, and aside from the "chubs" category, I would not be friends with those that I would place into those categories. Although the labels seem harsh, I would never treat anyone in these categories poorly as a person, but I don't identify with them, and I think it is fair for me to exclude them from my love life. As far as race goes...I have a tendency to be more attracted to Caucasian men and mixed Caucasian men, but I think that there are attractive people from all ethnicities. I think white gay men feel like they have more in common with other white gay men, and they may also think that dating a white man is less pejorative than dating a person of color, going back to the whole compensation for being homosexual; I don't think it is horrible for those gay men to exclude other races from their dating life, but I think that it is a limiting prerequisite that will downsize their selection pool of gay men to date, in a pool that is already sparse. But hey, I may be a bit of a hypocrite because I won't date overweight men, thus, cutting my own selection pool.
I also treat people equally but I too can't help not being attracted to overweight people. (even though I'm a little overweight myself T_T) But I find any race attractive unlike people I know. A lot of people tell me they can't see themselves dating anyone black. I can, I've seen many black girls in my school that I would like to date. As well as whites, asians, pretty much anyone. I'd think I wouldn't have much trouble finding dates because I'm straight (no offense) but a surprising amount of people think I'm gay because I support gay rights.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Old November 24th, 2011 (12:06 AM).
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by QuilavaKing:
I think that's just called having standards. lol
I lol'd, a lot. Honestly ty, if that's the best stock you've managed to come up with as boyfriends in the past, then I think you need to start looking in a different place.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old November 24th, 2011 (12:24 AM).
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
I don't think it's just a gay thing either.. ._. Like I, for one, can find people of different races to be good looking, but, to be honest, I found I can only truly be attracted to paler skinned people. (This is if we're talking about physicality only.)
I don't know what it is, really.. like I can look at a black guy and say "he's good looking/ he's really handsome" but I don't feel an attraction : | *Shrug*~
Old November 24th, 2011 (12:40 AM).
Ineffable~
DAT SNARKITUDE

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by Kura:
I don't think it's just a gay thing either.. ._. Like I, for one, can find people of different races to be good looking, but, to be honest, I found I can only truly be attracted to paler skinned people. (This is if we're talking about physicality only.)
I don't know what it is, really.. like I can look at a black guy and say "he's good looking/ he's really handsome" but I don't feel an attraction : | *Shrug*~
I get this same exact thing. I just don't like really dark skin. It's not even a race thing, because I don't even get attracted to white people that are really tan. It's just, iunno, dark skin isn't for me. That doesn't mean I have to go around saying "black people get outta my face y'all r sick homely mofos". ~_~ Let's have our manners.

#077: Ponyta - The Fire Horse Pokémon
Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Its hooves are 10 times harder
than diamonds. It can trample
anything completely flat in moments.

Abilities: Run Away or Flash Fire or Flame Body
Moves: Growl, Flame Wheel, Stomp, Agility
Locations: Pokémon Mansion

Cry

Other names:

jp: ポニータ (Ponyta)
de: Ponita
fr: Ponyta
cn: 小火馬 (Xiǎohuǒmǎ)

Old November 24th, 2011 (12:46 AM).
Jubilation
lesbihonest

Nature: Brave
I honestly don't have any racism or dislike towards another race, but it's moreso that I have a favouritism towards pale men (just a thing I like - call it fetish if you must).

On a side note, my schools 3 / 4 Media class is doing the autobiographical film Milk as one of it's texts alongside Modern Family which I think will show gay culture to an otherwise heterosexual school and broaden their views.
Old November 24th, 2011 (01:21 AM).
Sodom
with a capital Y.

I love Modern Family, but I'm not sure that showing them sitcom gays is really a way to open their eyes, particularly if you're trying to defend against stereotyping lol

Old November 24th, 2011 (01:40 AM).
Jubilation
lesbihonest

Nature: Brave
I know but I suppose that the stigma around homosexuality will decrease with increased contact with it. And my schools actually working to stop homophobia from what I gather, they've been putting up Coming Out posters around the school.
Old November 24th, 2011 (05:01 PM).
-ty-
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Shining Raichu:
I lol'd, a lot. Honestly ty, if that's the best stock you've managed to come up with as boyfriends in the past, then I think you need to start looking in a different place.
lol, well I only had one boyfriend in the past. And he satisfied the druggy, wh***, and unambitious categories, basically everything except overweight, but he hid the above qualities pretty well. But yeah you are right, I pretty much ended up with the exact opposite of what I wanted. I am moving down state next fall so I will hold off until then to date, but the population is much much much higher, so I should have more options!

Don't be a rotten apple!
Check-out my Forbitten to see the latest developments in the Kenbi Region
!

Old November 24th, 2011 (06:19 PM).
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Hiii, I just discovered this thread and would love to join. I'm a homoromantic asexual. Everyone knows, but hardly anyone believes me, which is annoying but I don't care. I'm the only one I know in real life, so it's always nice to see others, albiet online.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old November 24th, 2011 (07:17 PM).
Sodom
with a capital Y.

That's awesome ty, I hope there are some better guys where you're moving XD

Hi Keiran777! Welcome! The only other homoromantic asexual I've ever heard of is Project Runway's Tim Gunn. I don't watch the show, but I saw an interview with him on TV one time and he identified himself as exactly that.

Meanwhile, I think it's time for a new question, since things seem to have slowed down a little:

How do you feel about the LGBT equality battle being seen as a 'first-world problem' that won't matter as long as there are people living in third-world poverty?

Old November 25th, 2011 (09:27 PM).
Esper

I'm pretty sure there are some other homoromantic asexual members on PC (or was it biromantic?) Anyway, for the question.

How do you feel about the LGBT equality battle being seen as a 'first-world problem' that won't matter as long as there are people living in third-world poverty?

Is it the idea that says we shouldn't worry about LGBT rights in the developing world because poverty is "more pressing" or something like that? I think that's the wrong way of looking at it. There are places in the third world where gay people can be attacked with impunity, where governments can kill you for being gay. I mean, what good is it helping countries when they're still doing things like that? You can and should fix the all the problems in a developing country. Education is really the most important thing as far as fixing the problems of a country. Ugh. I can't express what I'm trying to say.

It's a fight worth fighting everywhere.

deviantart blog pair
Old November 27th, 2011 (01:22 AM).
Ineffable~
DAT SNARKITUDE

Sorry for my prolonged absence guiz. I shall use Thanksgiving as my excuse.

Since I think it's relevant here, I'll mention that my sister is now apparently willing to address me as a girl when we're alone, a fact I discovered when she called me "Mags" right before saying goodbye and leaving to go back to school. :3

I don't get it. I mean do you mean in viewing third-world countries people don't think it's a bad thing that most of them don't accept us all as equals? I wasn't aware that anyone thought this, but no I don't think giving all people their civil rights is something that should only happen in developed countries. @.@;

Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Cry

Other names:

jp: ポニータ (Ponyta)
de: Ponita
fr: Ponyta
cn: 小火馬 (Xiǎohuǒmǎ)

Old November 27th, 2011 (05:31 AM).
Sodom
with a capital Y.

What I meant by the question is people saying that LGBT rights basically don't matter because the third world exists, and while there are people in third world countries dying of starvation and various diseases, no other issues in the world matter.

Old November 27th, 2011 (08:13 AM).
Subsonic
Safe in My Hands

I believe that all countries should have rights for all kinds of people. Not just LGBT, but that is one of the biggest fights for equality at the moment. I don't think that the fight for LGBT equality should just be for first world countries because many other second and third world countries execute many LGBT people.

Credit: Allstate + Eli Lieb
Old November 27th, 2011 (11:38 AM).
Esper

What I meant by the question is people saying that LGBT rights basically don't matter because the third world exists, and while there are people in third world countries dying of starvation and various diseases, no other issues in the world matter.
So... they would say that as long as there is poverty somewhere in the world we can't try to have equality in the first world? Ridiculous. People who say things like that must be dumb if they think you can't work on more than one problem at the same time. I mean, do they really think that everyone should stop fighting whatever problems they have because there are worse problems somewhere else in the world?

deviantart blog pair
Old November 28th, 2011 (12:12 PM).
Nakuzami
The Savior
Community Supporter

I think I have to agree with Scarf here; it's not like people can't work on more than one probelm at once. There will be people living in poverty/starvation for quite some time, and it's not a problem that we can fix by just accepting and acknowledging it and whatnot, it's a problem that will take much work to fix, but even if we're working towards that we can still focus on other problems.

Has anybody read this . . . wait, Ima put it in a big link so everybody can see it! :3

>CLICK HERE, LIKE NAOW<

There we go, that should be big enough!
Anyways, has anybody read that (before I posted the link, at least)? I read it last week . . . OMG, it's so great, let's pretend that I wrote it :D
So, what do you think about it?

Hm . . . I'm tempted to ask what everybody's views on things like zoophilia/beastiality are, as they kinda relate to this topic more than comparing LGBT people to people living in poverty, being a type of sexuality(?) and all . . . .
Old November 28th, 2011 (12:28 PM).
-ty-
Don't Ask, Just Tell

I for one don't think it is in our best interest for our government to focus so much attention to third world countries. We should not be giving a single penny across seas when we already are in a multi-trillion dollar deficit. Although we had some issues with child hunger in the U.S., it is a manageable issue for us to deal with. Gay rights may not be as important as the economy right now, but is certainly the most important civil liberty issue. There is no reason why attention cannot be focused on both, especially since we are basically in a deadlock with any type of solution for the economy; might well focus some attention to LGBT rights. Also, marriage is an institution that is vital in the economy. Legalizing gay marriage would only improve the economy, although minimally.

Don't be a rotten apple!
!

Old November 28th, 2011 (12:37 PM).
Esper

I don't think anyone's comparing people living in poverty with gay people. It's more of how some people out there are saying that gay people are just complaining about their first-world problems or, in other words, problems that aren't *really* problems. You know, not compared to third-world problems. Or some such line.

Of course, as much as I believe that all problems are essentially local problems, there are some local problems you see everywhere and that basically adds up to a global problem so I would hope people who care about queer struggles in their own countries would be sensitive to people who are struggling like they are in other countries.

deviantart blog pair
Old November 28th, 2011 (01:14 PM).
-Jared-
Certified Responsible Adult
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by Nakuzami:
That...that was beautiful. Seriously, everyone should read that. I think I am gonna blog it. That is absolute truth concentrated into three pages of epicness. This is how I try, and get so frustrated when I fail, to live. It is SO inspirational.
Old November 28th, 2011 (01:34 PM).
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

I view the issue as one of individual liberty rather than collective "equality". I always try to avoid think of rights and liberties as belonging to groups instead of individuals.

That being said, the toughest nations to win over will be Islamic ones. They have very traditional, homophobic laws. Also, there really aren't any real avenues of to enact change. Most legislatures that do exist are merely for show and hold little or no real power over the actual dictators.
Old November 29th, 2011 (03:19 AM).
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful

Well first off, I would say that it is unfair to judge the quality of someones life just because of the country they live in. There are rich people in third-world countries, just as there are poor people in first-world countries. It's not like poverty doesn't exist in, say, America where it's actually a huge problem.

But I don't see how a GLOBAL problem can be solved when there are still people judging others based on things they can't control. Equality shouldn't even be an issue.

I actually know people, most living in poverty, from America traveling to and sending supplies to Uganda and other African countries that are in a conflict. So it's not like we can't help each other out, or at least help them while we help ourselves.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old November 29th, 2011 (06:23 PM). Edited November 29th, 2011 by Sodom.
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Quote originally posted by Nakuzami:
I actually completely forgot to check the LGBT Club at all yesterday (because I'm a horrible club owner clearly!) and Morkula linked this to me on MSN, so I came here just now prepared with the link to give everybody... but it appears he got it from here in the first place

This was the most wonderful blog ever about LGBT issues and just discrimination in general. I felt really terrible for Jacob, and I really wish I had his contact details so I could tell him to come live with me! But the message was just so beautiful, I don't even know what to say.

Unfortunately there was a troll there in the comment stream by the name of merno that was bringing the whole thing down with all his/her "gay is a choice" crap... it appears some people are just unable to understand the message. Which is a shame.

I posted in the comment stream telling everybody to ignore merno because they're silly and their opinions are irrelevant and silly.

------------

ALSO: In more official business, I'm going to have the name of this club changed because I really, really hate it. Like, with a passion. They will write country music about how much I hate this club name. It's scary, it makes me violent and gives me nightmares. I might have my disdain embroidered on T-shirts next to a very angry-looking Raichu. So I need help coming up with new names for it. I need something that encompasses everybody nicely without it being this overly politically-correct alphabet soup nonsense, and I'm having a little trouble coming up with them by myself lol.

Any ideas?

Old November 29th, 2011 (07:05 PM).
-Jared-
Certified Responsible Adult
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I actually completely forgot to check the LGBT Club at all yesterday (because I'm a horrible club owner clearly!) and Morkula linked this to me on MSN, so I came here just now prepared with the link to give everybody... but it appears he got it from here in the first place :P

This was the most wonderful blog ever about LGBT issues and just discrimination in general. I felt really terrible for Jacob, and I really wish I had his contact details so I could tell him to come live with me! But the message was just so beautiful, I don't even know what to say.

Unfortunately there was a troll there in the comment stream by the name of merno that was bringing the whole thing down with all his/her "gay is a choice" crap... it appears some people are just unable to understand the message. Which is a shame.

I posted in the comment stream telling everybody to ignore merno because they're silly and their opinions are irrelevant and silly.

------------

ALSO: In more official business, I'm going to have the name of this club changed because I really, really hate it. Like, with a passion. They will write country music about how much I hate this club name. It's scary, it makes me violent and gives me nightmares. I might have my disdain embroidered on T-shirts next to a very angry-looking Raichu. So I need help coming up with new names for it. I need something that encompasses everybody nicely without it being this overly politically-correct alphabet soup nonsense, and I'm having a little trouble coming up with them by myself lol.

Any ideas?
That's what I thought! xD I even reblogged it here on PC. :P

Also, he posted a follow up blog entry, with 8 responses he felt were the most powerful, from the comments section and emails and such.

WARNING: The first three responses he posts are anti-LGBT responses, so be prepared to hold your rage in. >__> The next five are all supportive messages. I felt it was worth the read:

Follow Up Entry to "I'm Christian Unless You're Gay"

And as for renaming the club...I got jack diddley squat. xD Other than a generic "Pokecommunity LGBT Club" or something. :\ I'll leave the creative naming for the people who know their stuff. :P
Old November 29th, 2011 (11:05 PM).
-ty-
Don't Ask, Just Tell

We should have a sweet Acronym!

I.R.A.Q.- I Really Am Queer!
S.L.U.T.S. - Sexual-Identity Lost Underneath the Sheets

Nevermind...I guess no one wants to use those ones
Okay, let me think of one for real now...

R.P.G.- Rainbow Pride Group (Look. I tied-in gaming!)

Sure we can say gay pride group, but it excludes others. We could say every sexuality under the sun instead of "rainbow" but it like having a group that is Indian, Japanese, Chinese, Mongolian, Vietnamese, and Laotian club; it's like come on, just say Asian Pride, we don't need to list EVERY ethnicity. I would say "queer pride group" but I think that to some there is negative connotations to "queer". Plus, the rainbow just encompasses the idea of a diverse spectrum, and not to mention it represents the whole LGBTAPOAQXCBSEOBESAAAAA community. What do you think?

Don't be a rotten apple!
!

Old November 29th, 2011 (11:18 PM).
Ineffable~
DAT SNARKITUDE

Quote originally posted by -ty-:
R.P.G.- Rainbow Pride Group (Look. I tied-in gaming!)
Oh my gosh I like this one so much.

Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Cry

Other names: