The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Daily Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read


Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

 
 
Thread Tools
  #1626    
Old December 9th, 2011 (2:25 PM).
FreakyLocz14's Avatar
FreakyLocz14 FreakyLocz14 is offline
Conservative Patriot
Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 3,481
Saying "Happy Christmas" is hardly religious indoctrination. -__-

Relevant Advertising!

  #1627    
Old December 9th, 2011 (3:11 PM).
-ty-'s Avatar
-ty- -ty- is offline
Don't Ask, Just Tell
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
Saying "Happy Christmas" is hardly religious indoctrination. -__-
Are you referring to the Perry ad? He said that kids can't pray in school and that kids can't openly celebrate Christmas; Neither one of these statements is valid.
__________________

Don't be a rotten apple!
Check-out my Forbitten to see the latest developments in the Kenbi Region
!

  #1628    
Old December 9th, 2011 (3:57 PM).
Shining Raichu's Avatar
Shining Raichu Shining Raichu is offline
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 9,050
lmao at those parodies. The first one was awesome. I just hope Rick Perry sees them lol.
__________________

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

  #1629    
Old December 9th, 2011 (4:23 PM).
deoxys121's Avatar
deoxys121 deoxys121 is offline
White Kyurem Cometh
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flat Rock, MI, United States
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 1,260
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
Apparently, that Rick Perry ad, percentage-wise, is now the most disliked video on all of YouTube. What an achievement, Rick Perry. Yay! *clapclapclapclap* (yes, that's sarcasm)
__________________
  #1630    
Old December 9th, 2011 (4:39 PM).
Steven's Avatar
Steven Steven is offline
Bubblegum Betch
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Posts: 1,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by -ty- View Post
Are you referring to the Perry ad? He said that kids can't pray in school and that kids can't openly celebrate Christmas; Neither one of these statements is valid.
Exactly this. Schools just can't force anyone to pray or celebrate Christmas. Individuals are allowed to do anything religious they want to in school as long as it's in compliance with school rules.
  #1631    
Old December 9th, 2011 (4:46 PM). Edited December 9th, 2011 by Ineffable~.
Ineffable~'s Avatar
Ineffable~ Ineffable~ is offline
DAT SNARKITUDE
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Any ol' place really
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Posts: 2,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
Saying "Happy Christmas" is hardly religious indoctrination. -__-
I don't think that's really what [whoever said that] was referring to, but yeah I agree that we should encourage the open celebration of all holidays. I think if there's a group of people who is determined to set up a giant Christmas tree in the middle of the town square (or you know wherever one puts a tree), they should be allowed to. Then, if someone wants to construct a humongous dreidel and put that right next to the tree, that's okay too.
I just wish people weren't so against mixing cultures. It makes for such interesting and beautiful things.

EDIT: Derp, this is not what I call on-topic.

Random thing: Those videos are awesome. I especially like Rick Perry's coming out video. So proud. <3

Random thing2: Love the new name! :D
__________________

#077: Ponyta - The Fire Horse Pokémon
Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Its hooves are 10 times harder
than diamonds. It can trample
anything completely flat in moments.

Abilities: Run Away or Flash Fire or Flame Body
Moves: Growl, Flame Wheel, Stomp, Agility
Locations: Pokémon Mansion

Cry

Other names:

jp: ポニータ (Ponyta)
de: Ponita
fr: Ponyta
cn: 小火馬 (Xiǎohuǒmǎ)


  #1632    
Old December 10th, 2011 (5:15 PM).
-ty-'s Avatar
-ty- -ty- is offline
Don't Ask, Just Tell
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 797
lmao, I just read that the music in the Perry ad was composed by Aaron Copland; some of you may know that Aaron Copland was openly gay. I love the irony. Gay people better stop getting married and fighting wars so that they can compose my campaign music!
__________________

Don't be a rotten apple!
Check-out my Forbitten to see the latest developments in the Kenbi Region
!

  #1633    
Old December 10th, 2011 (5:44 PM). Edited December 10th, 2011 by FreakyLocz14.
FreakyLocz14's Avatar
FreakyLocz14 FreakyLocz14 is offline
Conservative Patriot
Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by -ty- View Post
lmao, I just read that the music in the Perry ad was composed by Aaron Copland; some of you may know that Aaron Copland was openly gay. I love the irony. Gay people better stop getting married and fighting wars so that they can compose my campaign music!
I'm thinking maybe he didn't mean it like that and just had poor choice of words. I think the message he's trying to get across is hypocrisy of liberals banning one freedom while expanding another.
  #1634    
Old December 10th, 2011 (7:13 PM).
-ty-'s Avatar
-ty- -ty- is offline
Don't Ask, Just Tell
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
I'm thinking maybe he didn't mean it like that and just had poor choice of words. I think the message he's trying get across is hypocrisy of liberals banning one freedom while expanding another.
But what specific religious activities are being banned?

And why is it always "the liberals" or "the left", there is hypocrisy in all areas of political ideologies.
__________________

Don't be a rotten apple!
Check-out my Forbitten to see the latest developments in the Kenbi Region
!

  #1635    
Old December 10th, 2011 (7:21 PM).
Ineffable~'s Avatar
Ineffable~ Ineffable~ is offline
DAT SNARKITUDE
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Any ol' place really
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Posts: 2,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
I'm thinking maybe he didn't mean it like that and just had poor choice of words. I think the message he's trying get across is hypocrisy of liberals banning one freedom while expanding another.
In that case, why would he mention specifically that, of all things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ty- View Post
And why is it always "the liberals" or "the left", there is hypocrisy in all areas of political ideologies.
This.
__________________

#077: Ponyta - The Fire Horse Pokémon
Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Its hooves are 10 times harder
than diamonds. It can trample
anything completely flat in moments.

Abilities: Run Away or Flash Fire or Flame Body
Moves: Growl, Flame Wheel, Stomp, Agility
Locations: Pokémon Mansion

Cry

Other names:

jp: ポニータ (Ponyta)
de: Ponita
fr: Ponyta
cn: 小火馬 (Xiǎohuǒmǎ)


  #1636    
Old December 10th, 2011 (7:26 PM).
FreakyLocz14's Avatar
FreakyLocz14 FreakyLocz14 is offline
Conservative Patriot
Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by -ty- View Post
But what specific religious activities are being banned?

And why is it always "the liberals" or "the left", there is hypocrisy in all areas of political ideologies.
That's who he's attacking. He's right that children are discouraged from discussing Jesus and Christmas in schools.
  #1637    
Old December 10th, 2011 (7:29 PM).
-Jared-'s Avatar
-Jared- -Jared- is offline
Certified Responsible Adult
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern California
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Posts: 1,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable~ View Post
In that case, why would he mention specifically that, of all things?
That's kinda what I thought. If he isn't trying to speak out against gays in the military, than he really should have thought before he made the video. :\

Also, I know we already posted a few parodies, but I found this one to be BRILLIANT. xD

Jesus Responds to Rick Perry
__________________
  #1638    
Old December 10th, 2011 (7:31 PM).
U.Flame's Avatar
U.Flame U.Flame is offline
Brony Hacker
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sapphire City in future Hoenn
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 1,240
Gotta love parady videos. I love the second one's message!
__________________
Hacks I'm working on:
Pokemon Sapphire Hoenn's Rebirth - My own hack, making progress whenever possible.
3rd Gen Multiplayer Project - Research and development, occasionally testing, sometimes with support.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

Hacks I've worked on in the past:
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline (pre-reboot) - Assisted with maps
Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
  #1639    
Old December 10th, 2011 (8:45 PM).
FreakyLocz14's Avatar
FreakyLocz14 FreakyLocz14 is offline
Conservative Patriot
Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 3,481
News: Prop 8 proponents likely to succeed in keeping cameras out of the courtroom, unsure on issue of Judge Walker's failure to recuse himself.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/12/08/BAVL1MA76L.DTL

This in my 3,000th post!
Everyone in OC: It's fun debating with you guys.
Everyone here is great, too.
I'll be sure to go back to S&M soon.
  #1640    
Old December 10th, 2011 (10:13 PM).
Shining Raichu's Avatar
Shining Raichu Shining Raichu is offline
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 9,050
That whole thing is ridiculous. Judge Walker heard both sides of the case and made an informed decision and gave incredibly detailed reasoning behind his ruling. That reason was basically that the case against gay marriage was paper-thin while the case for gay marriage had several expert and lay witnesses who actually delivered their case strongly. I read a leaked court transcript to that effect shortly after the decision was first made.

The attorneys for Prop 8 just can't accept the fact that they messed up and couldn't find any legitimate constitutional reasons why gay people shouldn't be able to get married.

It is in the job description of a judge that he or she be completely impartial. If he had felt he was unable to do so, he would have recused himself. As it happens, he did not. Hypocritically, the only way the Judge could have proven to the Prop 8 attorneys that he was indeed impartial would be to rule in their favour.
__________________

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

  #1641    
Old December 10th, 2011 (10:36 PM).
FreakyLocz14's Avatar
FreakyLocz14 FreakyLocz14 is offline
Conservative Patriot
Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
That whole thing is ridiculous. Judge Walker heard both sides of the case and made an informed decision and gave incredibly detailed reasoning behind his ruling. That reason was basically that the case against gay marriage was paper-thin while the case for gay marriage had several expert and lay witnesses who actually delivered their case strongly. I read a leaked court transcript to that effect shortly after the decision was first made.

The attorneys for Prop 8 just can't accept the fact that they messed up and couldn't find any legitimate constitutional reasons why gay people shouldn't be able to get married.

It is in the job description of a judge that he or she be completely impartial. If he had felt he was unable to do so, he would have recused himself. As it happens, he did not. Hypocritically, the only way the Judge could have proven to the Prop 8 attorneys that he was indeed impartial would be to rule in their favour.
I'm not saying I agree with them, but I can see how someone would think it's fishy. He is in a same-sex relationship, is a resident of California, and wishes to marry his partner. It seems like he has something gain from the case.
  #1642    
Old December 10th, 2011 (11:10 PM). Edited December 10th, 2011 by -ty-.
-ty-'s Avatar
-ty- -ty- is offline
Don't Ask, Just Tell
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
That's who he's attacking. He's right that children are discouraged from discussing Jesus and Christmas in schools.
So Obama and Congress have made legislation that discourages students from discussing Jesus and Christmas? That is not right at all.

Also name on statute that prohibits speech about Jesus or Christmas in school.

He is attacking Obama for something he has not done. He is attacking "the left" for something that is not true. Now let me ask again, is there any specific federal statute or action taken by Obama that has taken the child's right to celebrate Christmas or talk about Jesus in school?

And to the other topic about the gay judge in the prop 8 case...I think that he should have recused himself so he wouldn't have had to deal with all of this; he should have known that those idiots would attack his sexuality. So now gay partners have to wait longer, when another judge would have made the same judgement as he would. But aside from that point, there is no reason why it was unlawful of him not to recuse himself. It's like saying a black judge should not be able to oversee a case involving biracial marriage, or any black civil rights; or maybe any religious rights cases should be overseen by a Christian, no wait, an atheist, no wait, both might be partial because they have religious or lack of religious beliefs therefore something to gain...yes, like Andy said, it is RIDICULOUS to have race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs as prerequisites for impartiality because the laws of the land affect everyone directly in constitutional rights cases.

Judges mainly face the decision to recuse themselves when there is a personal conflict, not a broad ideological conflict. Most of the time personal conflicts arise in criminal/civil cases when the judge is acquainted to the plaintiff(s) or defendant(s), not constitutional law.
__________________

Don't be a rotten apple!
Check-out my Forbitten to see the latest developments in the Kenbi Region
!

  #1643    
Old December 10th, 2011 (11:13 PM).
FreakyLocz14's Avatar
FreakyLocz14 FreakyLocz14 is offline
Conservative Patriot
Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by -ty- View Post
So Obama and Congress have made legislation that discourages students from discussing Jesus and Christmas? That is not right at all.

Also name on statute that prohibits speech about Jesus or Christmas in school.

He is attacking Obama for something he has not done. He is attacking "the left" for something that is not true. Now let me ask again, is there any specific federal statute or action taken by Obama that has taken the child's right to celebrate Christmas or talk about Jesus in school?
He's not attacking Obama specifically. He's attacking liberals through their culture and even some court opinions that prohibit prayer in school.
  #1644    
Old December 11th, 2011 (3:07 AM).
-ty-'s Avatar
-ty- -ty- is offline
Don't Ask, Just Tell
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
He's not attacking Obama specifically. He's attacking liberals through their culture and even some court opinions that prohibit prayer in school.
Verbatim he said, "Obama's war on religion." That is a specific, although not exclusive, attack and accusation.

Courts are non-partisan, not liberal in nature. I would like you to specify some opinions that prohibit a student from praying in school so I understand where you are coming from. I don't think that there are any statutes or case laws that specify that a student is not allowed to pray in school. If it's the case that there is not any primary authority, then how is he going to make any changes to a non-existent hypocracy?
__________________

Don't be a rotten apple!
Check-out my Forbitten to see the latest developments in the Kenbi Region
!

  #1645    
Old December 11th, 2011 (11:15 AM).
FreakyLocz14's Avatar
FreakyLocz14 FreakyLocz14 is offline
Conservative Patriot
Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by -ty- View Post
Verbatim he said, "Obama's war on religion." That is a specific, although not exclusive, attack and accusation.

Courts are non-partisan, not liberal in nature. I would like you to specify some opinions that prohibit a student from praying in school so I understand where you are coming from. I don't think that there are any statutes or case laws that specify that a student is not allowed to pray in school. If it's the case that there is not any primary authority, then how is he going to make any changes to a non-existent hypocracy?
In Santa Fe Independent School Dist. v. Doe, the Court ruled that student-initiated prayer is not allowed. This isn't state-sponsored. The prayer is initiated by students.
  #1646    
Old December 11th, 2011 (12:34 PM).
Esper's Avatar
Esper Esper is offline
Hug bear wants hugs
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Posts: 9,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
News: Prop 8 proponents likely to succeed in keeping cameras out of the courtroom, unsure on issue of Judge Walker's failure to recuse himself.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/12/08/BAVL1MA76L.DTL
I wonder what their reasoning for that is. Why would they not want cameras in the court? Afraid public opinion would hear their arguments and it would hurt them?
__________________

Plava Laguna
1982 CP

Noodle
1453 CP

Punk Pink
1511 CP


Calcifer
1716 CP

Agent 14
2070 CP

Mochi
2103 CP



  #1647    
Old December 11th, 2011 (1:46 PM). Edited December 11th, 2011 by -ty-.
-ty-'s Avatar
-ty- -ty- is offline
Don't Ask, Just Tell
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
In Santa Fe Independent School Dist. v. Doe, the Court ruled that student-initiated prayer is not allowed. This isn't state-sponsored. The prayer is initiated by students.
Case Brief

"The Court held that the policy allowing the student led prayer at the football games was unconstitutional. The majority opinion, written by Justice Stevens depended on Lee v. Weisman.[2] It held that these pre-game prayers delivered "on school property, at school-sponsored events, over the school's public address system, by a speaker representing the student body, under the supervision of school faculty, and pursuant to a school policy that explicitly and implicitly encourages public prayer" are not private, but public speech. "Regardless of the listener's support for, or objection to, the message, an objective Santa Fe High School student will unquestionably perceive the inevitable pregame prayer as stamped with her school's seal of approval."

The students are allowed to pray, they just cannot use the school property to project their prayer over the loudspeaker to address the public. Students are permitted to have a prayer circle, but they are not allowed to use school resources because essentially the school would be endorsing the religious beliefs, which is unconstitutional.

So again, a student is allowed to pray in school. That right has never been taken away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
I wonder what their reasoning for that is. Why would they not want cameras in the court? Afraid public opinion would hear their arguments and it would hurt them?
I know, isn't it ridiculous? Cases like the Casey Anthony Trial should have been private because it was so high profile, the public viewing caused tremendous problems! Yet cases like these that dispute civil liberties are swept under the rug.
__________________

Don't be a rotten apple!
Check-out my Forbitten to see the latest developments in the Kenbi Region
!

  #1648    
Old December 12th, 2011 (2:21 AM).
Ineffable~'s Avatar
Ineffable~ Ineffable~ is offline
DAT SNARKITUDE
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Any ol' place really
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Posts: 2,742
Welcome to the club Phantom! :) Have a nice time here and STAY ACTIVE BECAUSE WE LIKE ACTIVITY <3

We were just talking about asexual bi/homoromantic people a few pages ago I think . . . soooo you came about just a bit too late! I mean, no it's never too late!

Ignore me, I need sleep.
__________________

#077: Ponyta - The Fire Horse Pokémon
Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Its hooves are 10 times harder
than diamonds. It can trample
anything completely flat in moments.

Abilities: Run Away or Flash Fire or Flame Body
Moves: Growl, Flame Wheel, Stomp, Agility
Locations: Pokémon Mansion

Cry

Other names:

jp: ポニータ (Ponyta)
de: Ponita
fr: Ponyta
cn: 小火馬 (Xiǎohuǒmǎ)


  #1649    
Old December 12th, 2011 (11:40 AM). Edited December 12th, 2011 by Keiran.
Keiran's Avatar
Keiran Keiran is offline
Fight Off Your Demons
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Posts: 2,225
Oh, hello there Phantom. :D

Also...


__________________
Mod of Trade Corner| Pair | Trainer Information

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
  #1650    
Old December 12th, 2011 (12:11 PM).
U.Flame's Avatar
U.Flame U.Flame is offline
Brony Hacker
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sapphire City in future Hoenn
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 1,240
Damn image/video/whatever that was isn't showing up on my computor. What is it?
__________________
Hacks I'm working on:
Pokemon Sapphire Hoenn's Rebirth - My own hack, making progress whenever possible.
3rd Gen Multiplayer Project - Research and development, occasionally testing, sometimes with support.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

Hacks I've worked on in the past:
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline (pre-reboot) - Assisted with maps
Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
 
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:02 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2016 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2016 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.

Acknowledgements
Use of PokéCommunity Assets
vB Optimise by DragonByte Technologies Ltd © 2016.