Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 12th, 2011, 12:11 PM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Damn image/video/whatever that was isn't showing up on my computor. What is it?
More good news! A friend gave me his old laptop! It's definitely not new, but it's modern and fully functional! Nothing can stop me now!

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old December 12th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
@Keiran777 - Lolololololololol
I have no idea who/what that is, but I think I'm in love xD

On the whole reiligion-in-schools thing: Well, I don't really see how it's not allowed, or whatever, at all. I mean, in my school I'm sure they'd allow us to pray and everything. I say it like that because it's not like anybody really tries to, most people I know could probably care less, lol.
Although, this came to mind when I was in Chorus class earlier: a lot of the songs we sing in chorus seem to be religious. Two songs that we're doing are Fum Fum Fum (it's in Spanish, but it talks about Jesus) and God Rest You Merry Gentlemen (dude, it says God in the name, and then it goes on to talk about Bethelhem and everything) and in past years we've done songs about Hanukkah and everything . . . uh . . . where was I going with this? Oh, I think I was going to say that religion is openly expressed, and that I don't see any restrictions or anything at all.
The closest thing I can see for that is when people (teachers mostly) say "Happy Holidays" rather than "Merry/Happy Christmas" or "Happy Hanukkah."
Old December 12th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
@Nakuzami, that's Stephen Colbert, amazing comedian with a daily "news" show on Comedy Central.

The education website for the government has a bunch of restrictions on what teachers can and can't do that seem pretty reasonable. They can't lead a class in prayer but students can pray with each other, they have to give the same allowances to a religious after-school club as a normal one, etc. Although I really do feel like I've heard stories where that hasn't been respected, but I would think of that as the exception since the official government statement on it is pretty clear.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old December 13th, 2011, 04:57 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
Welcome, PhantomX0990! I just added you to the member list so you're officially one of us!

OK, so here's something that's going on in Australia right now. The sister of the former Prime Minister (and current Foreign Minister) of Australia has quit the Labor Party (kind of like our Democrats equivalent) because they have decided to change their stance and support gay marriage. The whole disgusting article can be found here. But in case you can't be bothered reading (though I strongly suggest you do), here are some choice quotes:

Quote:
"I no longer liked the direction the Labor Party was going at state or federal level and I couldn't work for a party that had endorsed homosexuals marrying."
Quote:
"I don't believe gay marriage is good for the community"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody Who Appears To Forget The Meaning of Discrimination Mid-Thought
"It is a horrible thing for them to be discriminated against and that's why my brother introduced laws so they are not discriminated against.
"But to make that huge leap from their rights to breaking a commandment of Moses, to say homosexuals' relationships is marriage, is utter nonsense."

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old December 13th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
Welcome, PhantomX0990! I just added you to the member list so you're officially one of us!

OK, so here's something that's going on in Australia right now. The sister of the former Prime Minister (and current Foreign Minister) of Australia has quit the Labor Party (kind of like our Democrats equivalent) because they have decided to change their stance and support gay marriage. The whole disgusting article can be found here. But in case you can't be bothered reading (though I strongly suggest you do), here are some choice quotes:
I'm starting to hate when people get all upset over gay marriage and make a big deal of how they can't support it. It's not hurting anyone else's marriage - if anything it's probably helping to keep gay people from entering loveless marriages. (I dunno, does that still happen?)

I mean, it's like they think they're "strengthening traditional marriage" by trying to keep gay people from having the right to marry. This means one of two things is going on. Either 1) 'traditional' marriage is already so perfect everywhere and in every way that there's no way to improve or strengthen it directly so they can only focus on the 'dangers' trying to make marriage worse (in which case what is the threat from gay marriage?) or 2) they don't actually care about 'defending' marriage and are just using it as a vehicle to channel their bigotry.

It makes me mad, and I don't even care about marriage.

deviantart blog pair
Old December 13th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Ineffable~
DAT SNARKITUDE

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
I mean, it's like they think they're "strengthening traditional marriage" by trying to keep gay people from having the right to marry. This means one of two things is going on. Either 1) 'traditional' marriage is already so perfect everywhere and in every way that there's no way to improve or strengthen it directly so they can only focus on the 'dangers' trying to make marriage worse (in which case what is the threat from gay marriage?) or 2) they don't actually care about 'defending' marriage and are just using it as a vehicle to channel their bigotry.
This reminds me of my favourite glib argument in this direction: "So a man and a woman who hate each other can be married, but two (wo)men who love each other can't be married?" I've never heard anyone actually respond to this, and I wonder what people would try to say to argue it.

#077: Ponyta - The Fire Horse Pokémon
Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Its hooves are 10 times harder
than diamonds. It can trample
anything completely flat in moments.

Abilities: Run Away or Flash Fire or Flame Body
Moves: Growl, Flame Wheel, Stomp, Agility
Locations: Pokémon Mansion

Cry

Other names:

jp: ポニータ (Ponyta)
de: Ponita
fr: Ponyta
cn: 小火馬 (Xiǎohuǒmǎ)

Old December 13th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
idk if you guys have actually discussed this yet :x but we were having a good conversation with a cool supply we had for Physics, and we came to the subject of sexuality (nothing to do with physics, I know), and someone said they didn't like how gay people flaunted their sexuality about or something along those lines, and should keep it to yourself. I wanted to know what you guys think about this subject, I mean, a lot of people don't mind it when you see a girl and a boy snogging in a public place. Sorry if it's already been discussed.
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

Old December 13th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post
idk if you guys have actually discussed this yet :x but we were having a good conversation with a cool supply we had for Physics, and we came to the subject of sexuality (nothing to do with physics, I know), and someone said they didn't like how gay people flaunted their sexuality about or something along those lines, and should keep it to yourself. I wanted to know what you guys think about this subject, I mean, a lot of people don't mind it when you see a girl and a boy snogging in a public place. Sorry if it's already been discussed.
I'm pretty sure it has been discussed before, but it's one of those topics that never really goes away because someone inevitably feels a need to say they don't like gay people flaunting their gay-itude.

This person you mention is probably not very aware of how much straight people "flaunt" their sexuality. Some people just don't like public displays of affection, but among that group you get people who are more against gay PDA than straight PDA. Like, for instance, they don't notice or care if a heterosexual couple is holding hands, but when a gay couple do it it's "flaunting." You just have those people out there who don't realize that because we live in a heteronormative world where straight is default and doesn't stand out a lot of it goes unnoticed. Or rather, not unnoticed, but not seen as standing out.

deviantart blog pair
Old December 13th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
Wasn't there a thread about that? I'm uncomfortable with heavy PDA in general, I don't care if it's a straight couple, gay couple, interracial, alien, etc. That's just me. It makes me uncomfortable and reminds me that I'm forever alone. The flaunting their sexuality thing idk...it's kind of annoying when they're like constantly finding a way to mention they're gay. I was drying silverware at work Friday night and there were two guys helping me, one of which was a screaming rainbow. Everything he said, he made sure to heavily imply he was gay, and it was really annoying. I was already pissed off and annoyed because we ended up working til 1 AM and I was on my 6th rack of silverware with more to go, so him saying all that didn't help. He was really agitating. This goes for anyone that finds the need to imply they're straight all the time, too. It's just like "okay are you insecure about you're sexuality? cause i get it. you're gay/straight/whatever. fantastic. shut up. do dishes."

/mini rant sorry

paired to crono
Old December 13th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Ineffable~
DAT SNARKITUDE

Regarding the current topic, I'm mad at Scarf for saying exactly what I wanted to I think gay people flaunt their gaiety exactly as much as straight people flaunt their straightity. A woman saying "my boyfriend did this yesterday blah blah blah" isn't "keeping it to yourself" that she's straight (or maybe bi/pan, whatev). Does that make it flaunting? No, or at least I hope not. It's okay to mention things that would make you gay. Me talking about my girlfriend to people is a clear indicator that I'm gay, but it's something I would mention whether or not I were gay. On the other hand, running around saying "LOL I'M A LESBIAN HAHAHA" all the time can be considered flaunting. Public displays of affection are a grey area in my opinion. I love displays of affection, but I wouldn't really like to be seen in public all over each other so I'm willing to tone it down. Whether straight or gay, seeing two people on a bus doing everything short of stripping down and having sex is a bit of an eyesore.

In my opinion I find it almost "flaunting your straightity" to announce to people how you don't like gay people flaunting their gaiety, since it's like "well of course I'm superior to you! It's how the world is!" It's just, you don't need to turn your own sexuality into a discussion topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I was drying silverware at work Friday night and there were two guys helping me, one of which was a screaming rainbow. Everything he said, he made sure to heavily imply he was gay, and it was really annoying. I was already pissed off and annoyed because we ended up working til 1 AM and I was on my 6th rack of silverware with more to go, so him saying all that didn't help. He was really agitating. This goes for anyone that finds the need to imply they're straight all the time, too. It's just like "okay are you insecure about you're sexuality? cause i get it. you're gay/straight/whatever. fantastic. shut up. do dishes."
Lol, wow, you don't need to mention it in every sentence. xD

Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Cry

Other names:

Old December 14th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable~ View Post
In my opinion I find it almost "flaunting your straightity" to announce to people how you don't like gay people flaunting their gaiety, since it's like "well of course I'm superior to you! It's how the world is!"
Truer words were never spoken.

Has anyone seen something called Explaining Gay Rights to People Who Make the Huge Leap That If We Legalize Gay Marriage It Will Open the Doors to all Sorts of Ridiculous Things Life Marrying Your Toaster, Children, The Dead or your Dog? It's kind of amazing, but also kind of sad that such a thing is necessary.

deviantart blog pair
Old December 14th, 2011, 09:02 AM
-Jared-
Certified Responsible Adult
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
About flaunting of sexuality, I agree that is is annoying somewhat when people of any sexuality go out and act like they have to broadcast it to the world. Sexuality really shouldn't be that big of a deal so it isn't worth broadcasting. :\ On the other hand, I know from experience that when I came out on PC, I felt free enough to talk about it that I found myself essentially popping it into conversations I was having. Eventually, the novelty wore off and I got over myself. xD So when I see people in real life do that, I typically give them the benefit of the doubt.

And in regards to that picture, Scarf, it IS amazing. xD Too bad most people don't realize that, or will argue against it still. ;__;
Old December 14th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Ineffable~
DAT SNARKITUDE

Quote:
People Who Make the Huge Leap That If We Legalize Gay Marriage It Will Open the Doors to all Sorts of Ridiculous Things Life Marrying Your Toaster, Children, The Dead or your Dog
Lol leaps like this one are only too common in arguing against LGBT rights. :/ It's really a completely different concept. So one person can't marry another certain person? We'll grant him that right--done. We don't need to grant him the right to marry a dead unicorn at the same time. It's just too far out there to be valid.
I also see the classic argument against trans people transitioning: what would you say if someone thought he was a Psyduck stuck in a man's body?

Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Cry

Other names:

Old December 14th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Esper

Quote:
I also see the classic argument against trans people transitioning: what would you say if someone thought he was a Psyduck stuck in a man's body?
You know, I'm a tiny bit ashamed to admit this, but I don't have a very well-worded response to people who say stuff like that. Thankfully it almost never comes up, but when it does I usually get all tongue-tied and by the time I can get to my point the other person has stopped listening (if they were ever listening in the first place).

deviantart blog pair
Old December 14th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Ineffable~
DAT SNARKITUDE

Quote:
You know, I'm a tiny bit ashamed to admit this, but I don't have a very well-worded response to people who say stuff like that. Thankfully it almost never comes up, but when it does I usually get all tongue-tied and by the time I can get to my point the other person has stopped listening (if they were ever listening in the first place).
Actually, I have the same problem. :/ I can't think of any particular reason.
Still, I think the two things are so different that it's the responsibility of the other person to explain why it makes sense to make the comparison, rather than my responsibility to explain how they're different.

Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Cry

Other names:

Old December 14th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Jubilation
lesbihonest

Nature: Brave
Not to be offensive, but if the person legitimately thought they were a psyduck, wouldn't they be in need of therapy?
Old December 14th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Esper

Quote:
Actually, I have the same problem. :/ I can't think of any particular reason.
Still, I think the two things are so different that it's the responsibility of the other person to explain why it makes sense to make the comparison, rather than my responsibility to explain how they're different.
It probably is, but I can see everything going downhill from there so I want to have a backup, you know?

Me: "Explain how those two things even remotely related."
Them: "You're trying to change nature, your god-given blah blah etc. etc."
Me: "But it's not the same! A video game duck is not a person."
Them: *same argument; not getting it*

Maybe it's too much to expect people to understand that you're a person with a brain, that you understand your own body and feelings and that you can be responsible for your own decisions, that you still want people to treat you like the human being you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
Not to be offensive, but if the person legitimately thought they were a psyduck, wouldn't they be in need of therapy?
Probably, yeah. That's why it's really frustrating and insulting if someone makes the comparison between someone who's transgender with someone who has a mental issue.

deviantart blog pair
Old December 14th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Ineffable~
DAT SNARKITUDE

Okay so I decided to make a thread about this topic on a (transgender oriented) forum.

I think I have a good argument. We were created with the materials to be either gender/sex and never had any conception of which one we would be until later on in the womb. On the other hand, we're not going to by coincidence happen to turn into an aardvark before being born. Not how it works--not related species.
You could almost break this argument down with the fact that chromosomes are in our genes, but then you'd be forgetting intersex people who have XY chromosomes yet noticeably female sexual characteristics, et al.
Also, the shapes of brains of transgender people are overwhelmingly closer to their "target genders" as opposed to their "biological sex", i.e. a "born male" trans woman has a corpus callosum about the same size of the average female rather than the average male. However I'm pretty sure I've never heard of anyone with a brain the size of an earthworm brain.

Okay admittedly this is something I accidentally found out while researching for psychology homework yesterday.

Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Cry

Other names:

Old December 14th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Esper

Quote:
Okay so I decided to make a thread about this topic on a (transgender oriented) forum.

I think I have a good argument. We were created with the materials to be either gender/sex and never had any conception of which one we would be until later on in the womb. On the other hand, we're not going to by coincidence happen to turn into an aardvark before being born. Not how it works--not related species.
You could almost break this argument down with the fact that chromosomes are in our genes, but then you'd be forgetting intersex people who have XY chromosomes yet noticeably female sexual characteristics, et al.
Also, the shapes of brains of transgender people are overwhelmingly closer to their "target genders" as opposed to their "biological sex", i.e. a "born male" trans woman has a corpus callosum about the same size of the average female rather than the average male. However I'm pretty sure I've never heard of anyone with a brain the size of an earthworm brain.

Okay admittedly this is something I accidentally found out while researching for psychology homework yesterday.
This is good. I think I'm going to use this if I ever need to (which I probably will). It should be pretty helpful to get someone to start explaining themselves better if I tell them it's a natural part of our biology. Some people really love to talk about how this thing and that thing are part of nature so if I can show them something else that's part of nature they'll have to accept it lol.

deviantart blog pair
Old December 14th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Railgun
Ever Day Another New Adventure

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
Permission to join this group please?
Old December 14th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyKetchum View Post
Permission to join this group please?
No need to ask. You're already a member just by wanting to be one. Shining Raichu will come by at some point and add you to the list. So, welcome! Got anything club-related you wanted to talk about here?

deviantart blog pair
Old December 14th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Railgun

Well wanted to join to meet others and learn more.
Old December 14th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Ineffable~
DAT SNARKITUDE

Welcome welcome!! :D I love me some new members!
Is there anything you care to tell us about yourself or anything you want to talk about? We're in a bit of a slump lately if you haven't noticed. n3n;

Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Cry

Other names:

Old December 14th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Railgun

I'm trans I date anyone. I really don't care about gender but more about if we share the same interests. I also plan to do an abridged series but want to take my time with scripts so there good and not bad like a lot of the ones stealing from LK or TFS. I'm also into Never Shout Never kind of music. Should be a fun group.
Old December 14th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Alakazam17
I'm Too Nice. Deal With It.

Nature: Quirky
Hello Ashley, and welcome to the club! =D

Oh, what are you doing an abridged series of? Pokémon, I presume?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here