The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 22nd, 2011, 03:17 PM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
LOL. I love that article, that's hilarious. It also reminds me of this video. It's very old, but I still laugh every time I see it:

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 04:53 PM
Esper

What do you think of the stereotypes that are attached to your sexuality/identity (gay/bi/trans/whatever)? Which one of them, if any, do you fit the best? Do you ever conform to them intentionally, or go out of your way to defy them?

First, lemme say I consider myself trans and pansexual. I try my best to just be me and not worry about whether what I do matches or goes against stereotypes. Unlike some stereotypes of trans people I'm not interested in having surgery to change my genitalia (I'm never going to get over how weird it is to type "my genitalia"), nor am I totally concerned with "passing" all the time. Quite often if you saw me you might think I was a guy. Maybe you'd think I was gay, or just a non-traditional guy, but you might all the same. I don't know what kinds of stereotypes there are of pansexual people specifically, but when it comes to the idea of someone who's attracted to more than one gender being promiscuous and always horny that isn't me.

I do, unfortunately, have a bit of that stereotype about trans girls who go overboard when it comes to clothes and my eyes naturally wander to the girly, frilly, pink things in a store, although I have enough sense/self-control to keep my wardrobe mostly tasteful. Of course as I write that I realize I'm wearing a pink polka dotted top right now. xD

Did stereotypes affect you when you were in the questioning stage?
(E.g. if you were not sure if you were gay, did you ever think "I don't fit this stereotype so idk"?)

While I was growing up most of my crushes were on girls so I kind of discounted the ones I had for boys as not serious/real/whatever. I did the same for all those instances where I played dress up, thinking they were things that most people did anyway. I'm just not normal by any stretch of the imagination and I could never find a place to fit in so I did my best not to think about it. So... yeah. They did affect me and kept me from accepting myself for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briar View Post
as for the second question, i still am in a rather questioning/fluid stage, and sometimes, i ask myself if there's a possibility that i could be genderqueer or anything like that because of my preference for clothing and style. right now, i try not to think about labelling myself because i'm still not sure of my identity and my feelings, and i do feel that it will just complicate my self-perception. the only thing i'm comfortable labelling myself with is "non-heterosexual".
I just wanna say you have a great attitude toward this. Lovely.

deviantart blog pair
Old December 22nd, 2011, 05:04 PM
-Jared-
Certified Responsible Adult
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
LOL. I love that article, that's hilarious. It also reminds me of this video. It's very old, but I still laugh every time I see it:

Bahahahaha, the dog part got me good. xD

What do you think of the stereotypes that are attached to your sexuality/identity (gay/bi/trans/whatever)? Which one of them, if any, do you fit the best? Do you ever conform to them intentionally, or go out of your way to defy them?

Simply put, I am what I am, and I don't care what stereotypes I fill. xD I don't try to be or not be anything based on them, because that would mean I wasn't being me. I think. xD

That said, I don't fit the "limp wrists, very effeminate" gay stereotype at all, haha.

Did stereotypes affect you when you were in the questioning stage?
(E.g. if you were not sure if you were gay, did you ever think "I don't fit this stereotype so idk"?)

Um, I don't think so. My parents were very against stereotypes and blanket statments, so I never thought that stereotypes were like, prerequisites for being gay or anything. When I was questioning, I was pretty much more along the lines of "Is this normal, or permanent?" rather than "I'm not that way, so am I?"
Old December 22nd, 2011, 05:26 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
As far as I know, the only stereotype for bisexuals is that we want to have sex with everyone... and I'm pretty much the exact opposite. Honestly, I think if I could choose, I would be asexual... but I'm very obviously not. lol

That said, I'm still very likely to wait until marriage, or at least a very very long time into the relationship before I'd even consider having sex.
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Old December 23rd, 2011, 01:14 PM
Patatas Fritas
Dancing in the Rain~ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Patatas Fritas
I'm an ally I don't think I have stereotypes associated with me?

In other news..

http://www.therundown.tv/headlines/s...er-and-sister/

I'm not sure if you've seen this article but I did today - Quite touching, I worry about her safety though.
Maybe buy me a Diamond Ring

Old December 23rd, 2011, 04:45 PM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
As far as I know, the only stereotype for bisexuals is that we want to have sex with everyone... and I'm pretty much the exact opposite. Honestly, I think if I could choose, I would be asexual... but I'm very obviously not. lol

That said, I'm still very likely to wait until marriage, or at least a very very long time into the relationship before I'd even consider having sex.
Are you demisexual, then? Right now, I consider myself a romantic asexual, but I've never been in a relationship to know if I'm demisexual or not, and theres probably a large chance that I am.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old December 23rd, 2011, 09:22 PM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kawaii~ View Post

In other news..

I'm not sure if you've seen this article but I did today - Quite touching, I worry about her safety though.
I'd worry that she'd be bullied, too, but I would think that she'd be pretty safe since she's not on her own. She's got a family supporting her.

deviantart blog pair
Old December 23rd, 2011, 10:39 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

I was wondering about something a little while ago. If you're attracted to transgendered people, that would mean that you're attracted to more than just two things... so would that be considered bisexual, or something else? I don't think it would be pansexual in my case, because I'm not attracted to every variation, but still more than just two.

I know labels really aren't that big of a deal, but I'm just curious. (I guess it's just one of those in-betweens that isn't worth giving a label, really.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiran777 View Post
Are you demisexual, then? Right now, I consider myself a romantic asexual, but I've never been in a relationship to know if I'm demisexual or not, and theres probably a large chance that I am.
Maybe to some degree. I always have been attracted to people I know more than people I don't. Although I have experienced love at first sight, and I still do find people I don't know attractive, if they are. Definitely not as much though.

What I mean by wanting to be asexual is more that I feel like it's a waste of time, so I wish I could just ignore any urges I have and keep working, or playing games or w/e. (I tried to put that in the least tmi way possible. lol)

Also, lol at firefox for correcting demisexual as bisexual.

The Volcano Pokemon

Last edited by QuilavaKing; December 23rd, 2011 at 11:26 PM.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 11:08 PM
Jubilation
lesbihonest

Nature: Brave
Quote:

In other news..

It's conforting to know her twin is understanding and her family supports her.
Old December 24th, 2011, 02:43 AM
Patatas Fritas
Dancing in the Rain~ღ
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
I was wondering about something a little while ago. If you're attracted to transgendered people, that would mean that you're attracted to more than just two things... so would that be considered bisexual, or something else? I don't think it would be pansexual in my case, because I'm not attracted to every variation, but still more than just two.
I assume what you mean by transgender is someone who doesn't identify as either male or female, in which case I suppose you could assume as such because technically they're not male or female. As we're all aware the gender spectrum is extremely wide etc. (which is why i dislike the term heterosexual because that means opposite and it's unlikely people are going to be completely male or completely female) but if you mean a transgender who identifies as just male or just female then no, you wouldn't be attracted to more that two things because they would be just that - A man or a woman.

I'm assuming you mean those who don't fit neatly into either 0 or 1 on the spectrum however.

Old December 24th, 2011, 03:37 AM
Katholic Nun

That story is wonderful. She is such a pretty little girl too, I don't see how anybody would have it in them to hurt her! I'm not surprised her brother is completely accepting of it, either. Twins have these freaky connections that nobody can explain.

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old December 24th, 2011, 11:38 AM
johnny18
Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Uhm.....It is kind of noob question but can anyone explain to demisexual or asexual mean?
Old December 24th, 2011, 11:45 AM
-Jared-
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny18 View Post
Uhm.....It is kind of noob question but can anyone explain to demisexual or asexual mean?
Lol no worries. ^__^

Asexual is basically when someone doesn't feel sexual attraction to anyone. Although that does not mean they don't feel ROMANTIC feelings towards someone, just not sexual ones.

Demisexual is when someone only feels sexual attraction for people they have a strong emotional connection with.

And anyone who knows better can correct me; this is what I know about those two terms. I may be wrong. >__> If I am, I apologize! ;__;
Old December 24th, 2011, 11:50 AM
johnny18
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikapal642 View Post

Lol no worries. ^__^

Asexual is basically when someone doesn't feel sexual attraction to anyone. Although that does not mean they don't feel ROMANTIC feelings towards someone, just not sexual ones.

Demisexual is when someone only feels sexual attraction for people they have a strong emotional connection with.

And anyone who knows better can correct me; this is what I know about those two terms. I may be wrong. >__> If I am, I apologize! ;__;
a big thanks for helping XD
Old December 24th, 2011, 11:55 AM
-Jared-
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny18 View Post
^_^ a big thanks for helping XD
You are welcome! Glad I could help. :P

And I just thought of something. Does anyone else think a list of various terms, such as those, that a lot of people don't know, might be helpful to have in the first post? Basically, a small glossary of sorts, just because people tend to come here with questions and they might find it helpful to have those terms already defined in the first post.

Anybody else like this idea, or is it superfluous?
Old December 24th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Moogles
better than u
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikapal642 View Post
And I just thought of something. Does anyone else think a list of various terms, such as those, that a lot of people don't know, might be helpful to have in the first post? Basically, a small glossary of sorts, just because people tend to come here with questions and they might find it helpful to have those terms already defined in the first post.
I'm just going to chime in my support for this idea. If people are asking the questions then it doesn't seem so bad of an idea. Besides, groups like this are partly for education right? If it helps people then we should go for it. Also there's so many terms these days that I can't keep track of all of them.

Quote:
Honestly, Moogles, your posts are so nigh impossible to understand that I cannot help but just scratch my head. I know you’re trying to be clever and cute with your outright… pitiful writing style, but I’ll… try to tackle whatever drivel you said.
Old December 24th, 2011, 12:13 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Quote:
I assume what you mean by transgender is someone who doesn't identify as either male or female, in which case I suppose you could assume as such because technically they're not male or female. As we're all aware the gender spectrum is extremely wide etc. (which is why i dislike the term heterosexual because that means opposite and it's unlikely people are going to be completely male or completely female) but if you mean a transgender who identifies as just male or just female then no, you wouldn't be attracted to more that two things because they would be just that - A man or a woman.

I'm assuming you mean those who don't fit neatly into either 0 or 1 on the spectrum however.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I mean.

The Volcano Pokemon

Old December 24th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
PLEASE put a list! There's so many orientations that I just can't keep up, and I feel stupid when demisexual and all that gets jumbled in lol. :(
Old December 24th, 2011, 12:46 PM
-Jared-
Community Supporter

Here is what I have so far:

Heterosexual: Term used to describe a person who is sexually and romantically attracted to a person of the opposite sex.

Homosexual: Term used to describe a person who is sexually and romantically attracted to a person of the same sex.

Demisexual: Term used to describe a person who is only sexually attracted to someone with whom they share a deep emotional connection.

Pansexual: Term used to describe a person who can be sexually and romantically attracted to any human being, regardless of orientation, gender identity, or sex.

Asexual: Term used to describe a person who does not feel sexual attraction to any gender or sex. NOTE: An asexual person can still have romantic attraction to other people, just not sexual attraction.

Please correct me as necessary, and give me suggestions for more terms. I uh, don't remember what everything in the old acronym stood for. >__> And I still am gonna type up transgendered and transsexual terms, no worries!
Old December 24th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Patatas Fritas
Dancing in the Rain~ღ
Community Supporter

Perhaps you should make a note of things like Biromantic, Heteromantic, Homoromantic and such so people know those terms as well?

Old December 24th, 2011, 12:52 PM
-Jared-
Community Supporter

Quote:
Perhaps you should make a note of things like Biromantic, Heteromantic, Homoromantic and such so people know those terms as well?
Can and will do! Thank you for the suggestion!

I am trying to make a fairly large list, so suggestions are welcome. xD Also, I feel somewhat ashamed to say this, but I have had to do a lot of googling to get accurate definitions and terminology. >__>

Also if you guys wanna spruce up my definitions, by all means, go ahead! I feel like I am being all cold and clinical and scientific with these, so if you want them to be more...like, warm and human sounding, say so! :3

Last edited by -Jared-; December 24th, 2011 at 01:06 PM.
Old December 24th, 2011, 01:12 PM
johnny18
Community Supporter

x.x How many terms are there? I do not know or just hear for the first time like more than half of them
Old December 24th, 2011, 02:00 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

pomosexual and polysexual are the only other ones I know.

And now that I think about it, polysexual is the attraction to more than one sex, but not all... so that would be what I was looking for earlier. (Though I don't think I want to explain what that means every time I talk to someone about my sexuality, so I'm gonna stick with bi. lol)

Better definitions if you want to put it up there:
Polysexual: The attraction to more than one gender and/or sex, but not all of them.

Pomosexual I'm a little unclear about, honestly... and it's not even on wikipedia, so maybe we shouldn't include it. I dunno.
I found this link though: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Transwiki:Pomosexual

The Volcano Pokemon

Last edited by QuilavaKing; December 24th, 2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old December 24th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Katholic Nun

I have been meaning to redo the original post for weeks now, but I just haven't had the time! A list of terms is an awesome idea, it might help new supporter members to figure us all out lol. Pikapal, if you're making it just PM me when you've finished and I'll add it in :D thanks!

We might as well add in the 'romantic' terms (homoromantic etc) while we're at it. If we're gonna do this we might as well do it extensively lol - sorry I'd say more but it's Christmas and my family is bugging me to open stuff XD

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
Old December 24th, 2011, 09:55 PM
-ty-
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Nature: Naughty

Do you think that there is a higher percentage of LGBT people are in open relationships? How do you guys feel about open relationships personally?

It seems like there is a signifantly higher percentage of LGBT people (well not sure about the "T" lol) that are only interested in open relationships than there are straight people.

I personally would never engage in an open relationship. I am one of those people that would be WAY too jealous to enter one. I also would like to have kids and someone who I can depend on. The bond seems weakened when you add more people in; there must be a feeling of expendability. Ugh, on a less rational note, open relationships just seem superficial and disgusting, lol. Although I feel like it gives other gay people a bad image when others are engaging in open relationships, I think it is a personal choice, and despite how I feel about open relationships, I would not interject myself into that choice, for it is not mine to make.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links