Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old January 17th, 2012 (07:32 AM).
canary

Nature: Quirky
I got so confused on that test thing : S

I'm just going to say I have a preference for straight people but.
Old January 17th, 2012 (08:16 AM).
Spheal Hacking Administrator

Nature: Careful
I got a moderate automatic preference for gay people compared to straight people.

Only ones I got wrong were the ye olde lesbian pictures cause honestly I couldn't tell what they were quickly.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old January 17th, 2012 (09:45 AM).
Certified Responsible Adult
Crystal Tier

Nature: Gentle
Your Result
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for Gay People compared to Straight People.

Hmmm, I think I got this because when the word sorting thing came up, I got messed up at the latter half when they associated "gay"with "bad" and I kept wanting to put the "gay" images and words into the "good" category. xDDD

BUT. I seemed to have trouble accessing the extra part, where you were supposed to read an article about something and answer questions based off it. Anybody else have difficulties accessing that? 0_o
Old January 17th, 2012 (10:57 AM).
staaaaay fresh!
Super Moderator, CS

Nature: Timid
Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for Gay People compared to Straight People.

I kinda messed up in the first part of the test, but oh well. lol I liked that last question about how you feel with straight men/women and gay/men women. I gave straight guys a 9 and gay guys a 10, while both categories for women got a 3. lmao

trade | challenges | vgm | klippy
Old January 17th, 2012 (12:13 PM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
Quote originally posted by Pikapal642:
Your Result
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for Gay People compared to Straight People.

Hmmm, I think I got this because when the word sorting thing came up, I got messed up at the latter half when they associated "gay"with "bad" and I kept wanting to put the "gay" images and words into the "good" category. xDDD

BUT. I seemed to have trouble accessing the extra part, where you were supposed to read an article about something and answer questions based off it. Anybody else have difficulties accessing that? 0_o
After the test, it just asked questions about whether you thought it was accurate, and what might have affected your score. Then, it just had a graph showing everyone's results, as I recall.

Speaking of which, I was actually somewhat surprised to see the results...
It actually went in order from Strong Preference for Straight People being first, to Strong Preference for Gay People being last. I mean, I knew it would be something like that, but I'm surprised just how many more people preferred straight people.
Old January 17th, 2012 (12:31 PM).
Silver Tier

"Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for Gay People compared to Straight People." Blah, blah, etc., etc. I don't think I'm that biased. I just missed some of the questions at first since I didn't quite get how it worked when it first started.

Their statistics were kind of interesting.

Old January 17th, 2012 (03:01 PM).
the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on

Nature: Hasty
"Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for Straight People compared to Gay People."

Well probably that is because when they paired 'Gay' with 'Good' in the end, I was used to it being the other way around so I got a few wrong there. It's really just very inaccurate haha.
Old January 17th, 2012 (04:59 PM).
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
O_O It said I have a strong preference to straight people over gays! But I love gay people! I want to say that maybe the test was inaccurate, but really, I have no idea what's going on in my unconscious mind...I really hope I love gays unconsciously as much as I do consciously.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Old January 17th, 2012 (05:06 PM).
canary

Nature: Quirky
Okay I think it's fair to say this test should be reassesed and restandardised.
Old January 17th, 2012 (11:40 PM).
Feel the hnnnnggg

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Magdalena~
It says I have a slight preference for gay people over straight people.

Quote originally posted by Sydian:
I kinda messed up in the first part of the test, but oh well. lol I liked that last question about how you feel with straight men/women and gay/men women. I gave straight guys a 9 and gay guys a 10, while both categories for women got a 3. lmao
I liked that part too! o3o I put a 10 for gay women, 8 for straight men, 6 for gay men and 5 for straight women. :P

. . . please no one read into this too much and think I'm a terrible person. xD

Quote originally posted by U_Flame:
O_O It said I have a strong preference to straight people over gays! But I love gay people! I want to say that maybe the test was inaccurate, but really, I have no idea what's going on in my unconscious mind...I really hope I love gays unconsciously as much as I do consciously.
I was under the assumption they meant either romantically or sexually, not in a friendy way. I could be wrong though. Am I wrong? D:
#167: Spinarak - The String Spit Pokémon
Bug/Poison ~ Bug eggs
1'08" ~ 18.7lbs ~ 50/50

It lies still in the same pose for days in its web,
waiting for its unsuspecting prey to wander close.

Abilities: Swarm or Insomnia or Sniper
Moves: String Shot, Scary Face, Shadow Sneak, Pin Missile
Locations: Routes 2, 30, 31, 37 (night)
Cry
Other names:

jp: イトマル (Itomaru)
de: Webarak
fr: Mimigal
ko: 페이검 (Pe'igǒm)
Old January 17th, 2012 (11:45 PM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Magdalena~:
It says I have a slight preference for gay people over straight people.

I liked that part too! o3o I put a 10 for gay women, 8 for straight men, 6 for gay men and 5 for straight women. :P

. . . please no one read into this too much and think I'm a terrible person. xD

I was under the assumption they meant either romantically or sexually, not in a friendy way. I could be wrong though. Am I wrong? D:
They mean it in the way of which side do you discriminate against most.
Old January 18th, 2012 (02:33 AM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant
Oh my God nearly everybody else has a preference for gay people. This test makes me feel like such a homophobe even though I'm more homosexual before 9am than most people are all day XD.

That said,

Quote originally posted by Keiran777:
ye olde lesbian
I laughed so hard at this lmao.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old January 18th, 2012 (01:49 PM).
death by TRUST NO ONE suicide
Crystal Tier

Your Result:
"Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for Gay People compared to Straight People."
I think I screwed up horribly, though. Lol

Random note: I was randomly thinking, "gay" used to mean happy, and it wasn't interchangeable with homosexual. Soooo, when/how did it start getting used that way? Did a boy come out to his mother and she was like "Whatever makes you gay, honey. OH! That's what I'll call you now: gay!"
^/random thought that I had, and I have A LOT of those.
Old January 18th, 2012 (03:31 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Nakuzami:
Your Result:
"Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for Gay People compared to Straight People."
I think I screwed up horribly, though. Lol

Random note: I was randomly thinking, "gay" used to mean happy, and it wasn't interchangeable with homosexual. Soooo, when/how did it start getting used that way? Did a boy come out to his mother and she was like "Whatever makes you gay, honey. OH! That's what I'll call you now: gay!"
^/random thought that I had, and I have A LOT of those.
Well I went and googled about it and came across this article. One thing I find interesting is that this article is written in 1986, so it is amusing to read that it "is becoming more common to refer to lesbians as gay." While the term does apply, it still doesn't seem that common to me. xD
Old January 19th, 2012 (08:22 AM).
Silver Tier

I'm reading an article about a new study [clicky here] that says elementary schools in the US aren't happy places for kids and teachers aren't doing as much as they could to help. Among some of the things I'm reading that strike me personally as surprising:
Quote:

• Three-fourths of students (75%) report that students at their school are called names, made fun of or bullied with at least some regularity. Most commonly this is because of students' looks or body size (67%), followed by not being good at sports (37%), how well they do at schoolwork (26%), not conforming to traditional gender norms/roles (23%) or because other people think they're gay (21%).
  • Nearly 1 in 10 of elementary students in 3rd to 6th grade (8%) indicate that they do not always conform to traditional gender norms/roles - either they are boys who others sometimes think, act or look like a girl, or they are girls who others sometimes think, act or look like a boy.
  • Less than half of teachers believe that a gender nonconforming student would feel comfortable at their school (male student who acts or looks traditionally feminine: 44%, female student who acts or looks traditionally masculine: 49%)
  • Only a third (34%) of teachers report having personally engaged in efforts to create a safe and supportive classroom environment for gender nonconforming students.
  • While an overwhelming majority of elementary school teachers say that they include representations of different families when the topic of families comes up in their classrooms (89%), less than a quarter of teachers report any representation of lesbian, gay or bisexual parents (21%) or transgender parents (8%).
  • A majority of elementary school teachers believe they are obligated to ensure a safe learning environment for gender nonconforming students (83%) and students with LGBT parents (70%). Eight in 10 teachers would feel comfortable addressing name-calling, bullying or harassment of students because a student is perceived to be gay, lesbian or bisexual (81%) or is gender nonconforming (81%).
  • Less than half of teachers (48%) indicate that they feel comfortable responding to questions from their students about gay, lesbian or bisexual people. There was a lower level of comfort found among teachers (41%) responding to questions from their students about transgender people.
  • A majority of teachers (85%) have received professional development on diversity or multicultural issues, but less than half of teachers have ever received specific professional development on gender issues (37%) or on families with LGBT parents (23%)
Old January 19th, 2012 (01:50 PM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

When I was in elementary school, being Gay was the WORST possible thing in the world. If anyone thought you were gay, you might as well just kill yourself right there, because you could never show your face at school again. It was that big of a deal.

I don't recall teachers ever mentioning it, or stopping the bullying. (Although, I never really had to deal with it too much, so maybe I just didn't see it when they did.)
Old January 19th, 2012 (04:34 PM).
Platinum Tier

I never heard the word "gay" with any regularity while I was in primary school. There were kids who would get picked on for having mannerisms associated with the opposite gender, and in my personal experience my inability to play sports with any degree of skill was considered a feminine thing and had me picked on by the kids who were awesome at sport (not seriously bullied, but bullying is never fun regardless of severity). I'm a little surprised that homosexuality is even an issue for elementary school kids though - I understand that they'd know what it was etc, but why is this an issue that has any impact on their lives before their own sexual development?

Old January 19th, 2012 (05:08 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Shining Raichu:
I understand that they'd know what it was etc, but why is this an issue that has any impact on their lives before their own sexual development?
Because schoolkids are evil. But no seriously, because kids can be ruthless when it comes to social interaction. I was rather lucky, both in that I never displayed any stereotypical mannerisms associated with homosexuality, and that I went to a small school where we were all fairly tight knit and close. I have heard how in other schools, kids can be horrible little brats. You know, bullying and all. >__<
Old January 19th, 2012 (05:27 PM).
Platinum Tier

lol well of course, kids are horrible, but my point is that if a boy was acting effeminate in primary elementary school around me, homosexuality would not even be something that crossed my mind. It just wouldn't be something that I thought of. I guess times have changed since 2002 lol

Old January 19th, 2012 (05:49 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Scarf:
I'm reading an article about a new study [clicky here] that says elementary schools in the US aren't happy places for kids and teachers aren't doing as much as they could to help. Among some of the things I'm reading that strike me personally as surprising:

I don't pay close attention to the other kids, so I wouldn't really know, lol. But, apparently, I live in a rather gay-friendly community. It's not really a topic that pops up much - unless you're talking about somebody you know is gay or something, there's really no reason for it to pop up. At least, not from what I've seen. Sure, some people do use it as an 'insult,' although it is usually in more of a friendly manner (again, as far as I know, lol) and I even do it on ocassion. Not much, but I have my moments.
As far as bullies go . . . well, I don't think we have too many kids that really intend to act like that, and the ones that do . . . just get ignored, lol. I . . . don't recall ever seeing someone in my school getting bullied for their sexual orientation/identity. (EDIT: Oh, also, we're a rather large school. Nearly 400 kids in my grade alone, I believe? My sister's school has less than 100 in her grade, lol.)

I . . . also know a bit much compared to other thirteen-year-olds, lol.
Old January 19th, 2012 (06:35 PM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Shining Raichu:
lol well of course, kids are horrible, but my point is that if a boy was acting effeminate in primary elementary school around me, homosexuality would not even be something that crossed my mind. It just wouldn't be something that I thought of. I guess times have changed since 2002 lol
Well, I was in school at the same time. It could just be the location.

Kids are just really stupid and immature in general though. I mean, for the first couple years of elementary school, if you said "it", regardless of what you were talking about, it meant sex. Even if you were talking about someone dying, and said the word "it", everyone would start laughing.

At least, that's how kids are around here. lol
Old January 20th, 2012 (02:31 AM).
Incredible Edible Vegetarian

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to Pudz
Shining Raichu yelled at me very persuasively and informed me in the nicest possible way that I was to sign up here o.o Hi.
Old January 20th, 2012 (06:29 AM). Edited January 20th, 2012 by Shining Raichu.
Platinum Tier

Look guys, while you were all off being lazy, I went out and got you a Pudz! Say "thank you, Andy"!

and QK, the "it" thing was not just in your area... and it's still true of a lot of the people here

Old January 20th, 2012 (09:52 AM).
Silver Tier

Thank you, Andy!

I don't remember much of elementary school being gay-unfriendly for me since I moved a few times and was just a loner kid who never talked to anyone, but I'm sure it happened outside my notice. Definitely by junior high middle school I saw it and heard it a lot, and by high school I got to be on the receiving end of it often enough. Makes me worried about the current kids since I'm afraid bullying just gets worse as kids get older.
Old January 20th, 2012 (06:08 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by QuilavaKing:
Kids are just really stupid and immature in general though. I mean, for the first couple years of elementary school, if you said "it", regardless of what you were talking about, it meant sex. Even if you were talking about someone dying, and said the word "it", everyone would start laughing.

At least, that's how kids are around here. lol
Well, that's . . . interesting. "It" has never had that meaning here, lol. It's probably been used like that multiple times, but it's never been like "oh, he said it! He's talking about S-E-X!"

Quote originally posted by Scarf:
junior high middle school
Somethin' wrong with it bein' called Junior High? Lol
Kindergarten > Primary > Intermediate > Junior High > Senior High
Apparently my school is weird. *shrugs*

OH, and "thank you, Andy!"
There, now obey me. I am your god. Go get me a taco.

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)