The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 17th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
Your real voice is a lot deeper and manlier than I thought it would be for someone who's only 16 haha - then again, I was kind of a late developer voice-wise so I guess my opinion is skewed - as for the voice you're aspiring to, I don't really know how to judge it because I'm not sure what it is you're aiming for. Is it just more femininity you're after? Because if so then you're definitely on the right track but it definitely still needs some work.

Also guys, I was on Facebook this morning and came across this article. It's kind of similar to one that was posted here a while back, about those really accepting parents with a son who identifies as gay. From the similarities of the stories, it may well even be the same mother writing it. Regardless, positivity is always nice to read . But then I got to the comment stream and while most are positive, there is this one jerk who I lol'd at:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone Who is Totally the Executive of a Fortune 500 Company
Obviously the son hasn't a clue what he is talking about.
If he REALLY Does???
Time for Mom, Dad, and the Son to get some help, or contact the law.
When the son is 18, then he can "decide" to become Gay, or to take drugs, drink, go to college or any other decision he may want to make.
Sorry folks just cause you want it to be? Doesn't make it so...
That's 20 years of college from the finest schools, and the Exec. of a fortune 500 company talking.
I haven't a single issue with the Gay life style, but please... a 7 year old doesn't have a clue, and shouldn't have!
There are plenty of good responses to it, but here is mine:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME!
You're an idiot. The fact that you did "20 years of college at the finest schools" and are the "exec of a Fortune 500 company" is very impressive, you know... kudos on that. Snaps for you. Neither, however, is a credential for you to make that judgment. And considerin­g you impart this wisdom on us with such authority despite providing no logical reasoning beyond your exciting-y­et-irrelev­ant job title, I'm guessing none of those 20 years in your fancy schooling were spent studying psychology­, biology or early childhood developmen­t. In other words, you know nothing.
I do love it when people on the internet are wrong...

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old February 17th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
I don't mean to take away from the trans party going on over here but I have some more good gay marriage legalization news to share and I'm particularly excited since it's my home state:

NJ Senate OKs gay marriage bill in milestone vote

I really hope this does get through. Christie is a terrible man honestly, lol, and I hope that he has no say in this whatsoever tbh. Meanwhile on an unrelated note he's trying to take away a college option in South Jersey alongside attempting to stop gay marriage, so he's just a monstrous man all around and I can't wait to be able to vote him out.

But yes getting closer :3
Forgive me if it's been mentioned, but it seems our governor followed through on his threats.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501365_1...marriage-bill/

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old February 17th, 2012, 04:20 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
Well, I told my dad. It was probably selfish of me, but I was still stressing over it after like 5 days. I had to get it out.

He said he thought that the lifestyle wasn't safe, and I'm probably going to have it rough, etc... and had a very worried look on his face. It sort of made me feel like I was being scolded. He also asked how I knew and stuff like that which I was kind of surprised about, considering he said he had a lot of friends that were gay when he was in school, which would've been the 60s/70s... and he lived in an even smaller/more redneck town than I do now.

At the end of the conversation, he said that it doesn't change his opinion of me in any way, and he definitely understands that it's not a choice and all that. He didn't take it quite as well as I thought though, but it's definitely better than a lot of people. (I was more or less expecting an "Oh, okay. That's fine." or something like that. lol)

If he still seems worried about it later, I'm gonna tell him that I'm happy, and that I don't want him to be sad for me. If I get a good chance anyway. Actually telling him in the first place was super awkward, and I'm normally really smooth under pressure.
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Last edited by QuilavaKing; February 17th, 2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old February 17th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
Well, I told my dad. It was probably selfish of me, but I was still stressing over it after like 5 days. I had to get it out.
It's not selfish of you at all! And I'm glad to hear he took it not-quite-well-but-not-badly (I think)! lol

Quote:
If he still seems worried about it later, I'm gonna tell him that I'm happy
And that's all that matters.

Old February 17th, 2012, 04:32 PM
-Jared-
Certified Responsible Adult
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:

He said he thought that the lifestyle wasn't safe, and I'm probably going to have it rough, etc... and had a very worried look on his face. It sort of made me feel like I was being scolded. He also asked how I knew and stuff like that which I was kind of surprised about, considering he said he had a lot of friends that were gay when he was in school, which would've been the 60s/70s... and he lived in an even smaller/more redneck town than I do now.

At the end of the conversation, he said that it doesn't change his opinion of me in any way, and he definitely understands that it's not a choice and all that. He didn't take it quite as well as I thought though, but it's definitely better than a lot of people. (I was more or less expecting an "Oh, okay. That's fine." or something like that. lol)

If he still seems worried about it later, I'm gonna tell him that I'm happy, and that I don't want him to be sad for me. If I get a good chance anyway. Actually telling him in the first place was super awkward, and I'm normally really smooth under pressure.

It isn't selfish at all! In fact, I'd say you probably were worried about the things your parents were worried about ON TOP of coming out, so yeah, I don't think it's selfish. :>

ANYWAYS Congrats! You feel a huge load of your shoulders, right? And I think the "scolding" feeling might be him trying to make sure you stay safe. Maybe. I don't know your dad, so I am kinda basing it off how I would assume my dad would be. xD

So yeah! I'm happy for you! :D
Old February 17th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Patatas Fritas
Dancing in the Rain~ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Patatas Fritas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiDragon View Post
I've been working with my voice for the past few days, and I have made some progress. What do you guys think
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0TbookM6uTS
I'm a bit nervous about it, but I shouldn't be >.<

Any feedback is good c:

On other news, I opened up to all my friends on facebook, and they all love me the same. I'm really happy about it all! c:

EDIT - I wanted to make a few things clear on the voice: It kind of goes a bit everywhere towards the end, I'm aware of it. Holding this voice for a lentgh is the big problem. The longest time I was able to hold this voice was 5 minutes and 12 seconds. Which was before recording. ^.^;;
Are you going for more feminine? If so I think you're doing really well - The pitch needs some work but that's understandable! I can hear that with a little more work you're going to have a really good voice, I'd love to hear more as time goes one!

Quote:

I'm really happy for you, he sounds to me like he's pretty accepting - Worrying is understandable due to the somewhat closed minded opinions of many people. I hope everything goes well for you and your dad stops worrying.
Maybe buy me a Diamond Ring

Old February 17th, 2012, 11:32 PM
TwiDragon
The fun shawl be doubled!

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TwiDragon Send a message via Skype™ to TwiDragon
^Yeah, this has only been a few days of practice. It shouldn't take too long, as I've had to learn how to speak with accents and do voice work in only a week on several voices for my Theater 1 Class. I'm thinking that if I want to find someone who can help me with vocal practice 1on1 at a professional level, I will need to know about it from him. However, he is like 65, and I have a harder time telling people who are older.

Well, I made progress. I told some teachers and my counsler what was going on. I'm glad that they are supportive of me. I told them because I was reccomended to, especially if I were to get my self involved in some sort of discrimination with another student. Which I can see happening with three people at my school; but for now, I'm just ignoring them.

Also, I'm probably going to be doing another voice check at the end of the month. Alergys will come and ruin my voice again, but I'll have a time where my throat is clear and not effected by winter or pollen.
Old February 18th, 2012, 12:04 AM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiDragon View Post
^Yeah, this has only been a few days of practice. It shouldn't take too long, as I've had to learn how to speak with accents and do voice work in only a week on several voices for my Theater 1 Class. I'm thinking that if I want to find someone who can help me with vocal practice 1on1 at a professional level, I will need to know about it from him. However, he is like 65, and I have a harder time telling people who are older.

Well, I made progress. I told some teachers and my counsler what was going on. I'm glad that they are supportive of me. I told them because I was reccomended to, especially if I were to get my self involved in some sort of discrimination with another student. Which I can see happening with three people at my school; but for now, I'm just ignoring them.

Also, I'm probably going to be doing another voice check at the end of the month. Alergys will come and ruin my voice again, but I'll have a time where my throat is clear and not effected by winter or pollen.

If you need someone to help with vocal control (and staying like that), I found that a choir teacher is typically great for this. You may be able to get something arranged if you have a school choir where the teacher stays after school or is there around lunchtime.

And I hope your throat clears up for a good while. It would be awesome to hear your progress without any recurring allergy issues.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.

Last edited by TornZero; February 18th, 2012 at 12:11 AM.
Old February 18th, 2012, 12:35 AM
TwiDragon

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TwiDragon Send a message via Skype™ to TwiDragon
^Yeah, it should be back at a normal level by Monday (I hope)

I have a few friends who are going to help me with it. Its harder for me to practice using my phone voice, as it sounds so much deeper than I normally sound. I'm actually planning on going to one friends house and doing some vocal training with her. I'm a bit nervous, but I shouldn't be >.<
Old February 18th, 2012, 05:01 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Aaaaaaaaa QK I know we were talking about it on Skype earlier but this is so amazing congratulations! I honestly don't see how being honest with somebody about yourself could be seen as selfish though

Old February 18th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Ctrl.Alt.Geak
Swords Master

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
I'm really happy for you, it must feel at least slightly good to get it out in the open.
I really dont think you were being selfish at all. Its better than letting it build up which could end up causing stress.

Old February 18th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Kano Shuuya
→ you're here, aren't you?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:

He said he thought that the lifestyle wasn't safe, and I'm probably going to have it rough, etc... and had a very worried look on his face. It sort of made me feel like I was being scolded.....
That whole thing sounds like how it went with my mom and me. xD; She wasn't exactly against it, besides the fact that she wants grandchildren, and proooobably won't get any, unless they're adopted. But in general, plenty of parents are worried for their kids, but that also means that he isn't against it, so I'd say it went okay. owo

Also, I don't think it was selfish of you, when it comes to something like that you shouldn't be concerned with making other feel uncomfortable with it when it just makes you miserable. -w- Congrats on telling him~.

hi, i used to be "Drew"
alt account for Jude Mathis
paired to Antemortem
twitter | tumblr | instagram | steam
Old February 18th, 2012, 01:11 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Well, the reason I say it's selfish is because he has way more stress than I do, and I just passed most of my stress on to him... and now I don't have to worry about much of anything anymore. =/

The Volcano Pokemon

Old February 18th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

I wouldn't necessarily see it like that - you passing him your stress. You've always been this way; the only difference is that now he knows. Now while he may worry about you because of this, it's a lot better than worrying about you because you're sitting there miserable and him having no idea why. Honestly, parents worry - it's their job. They'll always find something to worry about. All that's changed is that now he knows why he's worrying about you

Old February 18th, 2012, 03:54 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Well, at least I'm more or less out of the closet now, lol. It's definitely not safe to come out completely here, but my parents are really the only people I talk to on a daily basis anyway, so I might as well be.

Anyway, how about a question? After coming out, did you/would you date any of your old friends? I don't know if any of them were gay or not, since I moved away and don't talk to any of them anymore, but when I think back, the idea of going out with one of them, even the cute ones, is really weird, and kinda disgusting.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/18/us...sure.html?_r=1
Wewt. I hope this keeps up.

The Volcano Pokemon

Last edited by QuilavaKing; February 18th, 2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old February 18th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Quote:

Anyway, how about a question? After coming out, did you/would you date any of your old friends? I don't know if any of them were gay or not, since I moved away and don't talk to any of them anymore, but when I think back, the idea of going out with one of them, even the cute ones, is really weird, and kinda disgusting.
Not really an old friend, but definitely my best friend since birth (our mothers were best friends). He'd be perfect. His mother & I, and a lot of other people for that matter, think he is gay but closeted. I don't really know for sure, but one can hope right? I haven't the heart to ask him, he gets really upset when people ask/assume he's gay. Seems like everyone I fall for is either straight or far away. T_T

Old February 18th, 2012, 05:34 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiran777 View Post
Not really an old friend, but definitely my best friend since birth (our mothers were best friends). He'd be perfect. His mother & I, and a lot of other people for that matter, think he is gay but closeted. I don't really know for sure, but one can hope right? I haven't the heart to ask him, he gets really upset when people ask/assume he's gay. Seems like everyone I fall for is either straight or far away. T_T
Well, by "old" friend, I didn't mean literally old, but that you knew them for a long time. So, your friend would be a very old friend. lol

The Volcano Pokemon

Old February 18th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Kano Shuuya
Community Supporter

Quote:

Anyway, how about a question? After coming out, did you/would you date any of your old friends?
I didn't give half a sh-- I didn't care about dating at all, ever, until I was well out of high school. I was probably 21 before I ever fell for anyone, or cared to. I also had other issues, because for the longest time I juggled being bi, being transgender, or being a lesbian. -w- So that screwed with ever dating anyone ever. I've stopped labeling myself since then, because it's the labels that screw with my head "I have to fit one or it's wrong!". Dating is still something that stays in the back of my head. I've fallen for a few people online, but absolutely no one in real life, and most of the time I don't even think about it. I'm too busy with my interests, in that way I think I'm asexual to a point. I've come out to multiple co-workers as being a lesbian, but I still haven't gone for any dating. Eventually I will.

I also tried dating my best friend IRL some time ago, who's a guy, and I figured "Well, I can crush on guys online..SO MAYBE", but nope. Don't wanna date guys at all. Don't care for them physically. xD;

hi, i used to be "Drew"
paired to Antemortem
Old February 19th, 2012, 03:28 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

No, none of my friends were gay. It's unfortunate, because a lot of them were hot and given half the chance I would have jumped them faster than a... fast thing that jumps. I lost my virginity to somebody I knew from school though, but he wasn't exactly a friend so much as just an acquaintance. So I never really had any icky feelings about it lol

Old February 19th, 2012, 06:50 AM
[Snivy Baroque]
Shinigami Snivy

I wouldn't, I only think one of them is gay, and that's not a for sure thing so I'm not taking any chances, even if he is the cutest guy in school.
Old February 19th, 2012, 09:21 AM
-Jared-
Certified Responsible Adult
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Well, none of my friends are gay, that I know of. So I can't say that I would. However, if there was a friend who like, came out because I did, I might if he wanted to. I probably wouldn't go ask him though, since I would be too nervous about it. xD
Old February 19th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Kano Shuuya
Community Supporter

I could say the same, and that's another issue.
I've never even met another person who fell anywhere in the LGBT category, unless they were waaay older, or a guy. xD;

hi, i used to be "Drew"
paired to Antemortem
Old February 19th, 2012, 08:03 PM
[Snivy Baroque]
Shinigami Snivy

I met three, but one was taken and an a**hole, one had a 'queen bee' attitude and thought way too highly of his 350 lb. self, and one was a punk who acted like he was too good for anyone
Old February 19th, 2012, 11:40 PM
TwiDragon

I know a few gay kids, most of them are either "in your face" about it, or are whiney can be. I think they are all attractive looking people, but they need to grow up.
I know a lot of girls who are open about their sexuality.
Old February 20th, 2012, 01:51 PM
LynLyra
Spicy Sugar~

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LynLyra Send a message via Skype™ to LynLyra
Hey all, I would like to join this club on this profile c:
My last one was Twi, so you can remove the old one!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links