The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 20th, 2012 (08:50 PM).
Snow Phoenix
The transient snowman

Location: A few miles away from a well-known college in a poorly known town.
Nature: Impish
I would probably never date anyone that I knew personally o.o Most of them are kids of course... and I'm not really into kids x.x I've realized that after a bit of dating/flirting experience (not pro in either of course <.<). I'm pretty much the complete opposite of a pedophile... though there are of course limits to how much older, I'd date <.<

I actually know quite a few gay guys at my high school. The proportion is completely uncanny o.o' Not bad... just strange... All whiny though :x Another reason why I won't date kids <3 Be a man, sir

Credits to Jordan. Paired to Mira and ohHeyVaporeon.
Old February 20th, 2012 (09:08 PM).
[Snivy Baroque]
Shinigami Snivy

Nature: Sassy
meh, until I get out of the crap I live in, I'll never find anyone to date at all
Old February 20th, 2012 (10:08 PM).
LynLyra
Spicy Sugar~

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LynLyra Send a message via Skype™ to LynLyra
^Oh, I'm sure there is someone for you c:
One thing I would try doing, if your up for it. Is maybe consider online dating?
I've done it, and currently am doing it <3

Just have faith in yourself, and something will spark
Old February 20th, 2012 (10:15 PM).
Kano Shuuya
→ you're here, aren't you?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Online dating is better than nothing in some situations.

Aaaand, I'm gonna go ahead and (re-)add you to the list, Lyra.

edit: Or not, because Andy beat me. xD

hi, i used to be "Drew"
alt account for Jude Mathis
paired to Antemortem
twitter | tumblr | instagram | steam
Old February 20th, 2012 (11:04 PM).
LynLyra
Spicy Sugar~

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LynLyra Send a message via Skype™ to LynLyra
^Well thank you ^.^

Yeah, there are some cons with online dating, but love is love; regardless of distance <3
Old February 20th, 2012 (11:54 PM).
Kano Shuuya
Community Supporter

Oh, I agree. Though, I also think it's sad to hear that such a large amount of LGBT kids / adults have to rely on online dating. I'm not saying that to sound mean, it's just something that I've found. :/ I even have a friend who's parents would flip if they found out she was gay, so she's 21 and she's never dated IRL, and just has to keep trying to find someone online.

It's just too bad that families, or societies, or people's own fears keep them from dating face to face. Granted, some people choose to date online as a preference, and that's okay too.~

hi, i used to be "Drew"
paired to Antemortem
Old February 21st, 2012 (12:06 AM).
LynLyra
Spicy Sugar~

^I choose to date online, because irl everyone I know is either in my personal friendzone, I can't stand, or is already in a relationship. My friends and family are fine with me being polysexual and transgender, they don't even mind if I date online.

The reason why is that I find people who have better chemistry with me online than people hanging around my school. xD
Old February 21st, 2012 (12:14 AM).
Kano Shuuya
Community Supporter

That makes sense. It's also tough when you're trans as well. I have slight gender issues as well, as far as being FtM, though they aren't as strong now, so I could date IRL and be fine with being seen as female. Though, I used to rely pretty heavily on dating online, because I can't pass as male IRL. Maybe. Almost. but not quite. XD Not that I care now days.

But I get the whole thing about people you know either being friends, or taken. -w-

edit: also sorry, we're taking over. Anyone can feel free to blow into this conversation and derail it. XDD

hi, i used to be "Drew"
paired to Antemortem
Old February 21st, 2012 (02:05 AM).
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by EntwinedSilence View Post
Online dating is better than nothing in some situations.

Aaaand, I'm gonna go ahead and (re-)add you to the list, Lyra.

edit: Or not, because Andy beat me. xD
Fwahahahaha, just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I'm not here! XD
-invisible ninja-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiDragon View Post
I know a few gay kids, most of them are either "in your face" about it, or are whiney can be. I think they are all attractive looking people, but they need to grow up.
I do agree to some extent, and it can be quite annoying - but I also don't think it's something that's exclusive to homosexuality; it's just a matter of maturity in general. Think of it this way: on one hand, you have an open effeminate gay 14 year old guy (and I say effeminate as the effeminate gay men often don't often have the option of hiding in the closet as their feminine nature reveals their sexuality whether they want it to or not) being unsure of how to handle the issue around others, so he ends up over-compensating by acting flamboyantly and finding a way to inject a mention of his sexuality into every conversation. It comes off incredibly obnoxious and he stands out like an Umbreon in a snowstorm.

On the other hand, you have a straight 14 year old guy growing into his sexuality who feels the need to assert his masculinity by acting like a tough guy at every given opportunity.

Both, in my opinion, are equally annoying - but which is more noticeable? It's the gay guy, because there are way less of him than there are of them. And the sheer volume of straight guys acting tough only accentuates the contrast.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old February 21st, 2012 (04:18 AM).
LynLyra
Spicy Sugar~

^Yeah....every group or minority has people who seek out attention. I think any kind of person who needs to drag extra attention to themselves, or even try to make up homophobia is just wrong.
Now, I'm mostly venting about this one gay kid who is one of the officers of GSA. Its actually one of the reasons I don't go there anymore. I shouldn't judge as I heard he has "grown up" a bit ever sense December. However, I think it takes more than a month to mature yourself from point A to point B.

Ok, I'm just rambling on now, xD. Rally though. Don't try to turn every situation into a hate crime. That is wrong!
Old February 21st, 2012 (05:09 AM).
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynLyra
However, I think it takes more than a month to mature yourself from point A to point B
Not necessarily. I think if immature behaviour is the problem, then it can be fixed in an instant. If people are telling you he's grown up, perhaps he has! I'd give it another shot anyway; what can it hurt? You are only in school for so long, you only have a limited amount of time to be in the GSA or whatever - don't waste it!

Old February 21st, 2012 (06:11 AM).
Snow Phoenix
The transient snowman

Location: A few miles away from a well-known college in a poorly known town.
Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
Not necessarily. I think if immature behaviour is the problem, then it can be fixed in an instant. If people are telling you he's grown up, perhaps he has! I'd give it another shot anyway; what can it hurt? You are only in school for so long, you only have a limited amount of time to be in the GSA or whatever - don't waste it!
But, it can be hard for some people to notice the changes :3 *would know from experience*

I've done a bit of online dating too. I went back and forth between having a friend introduce me to guys and the internet. It's all about resourcing o.o I live in one of the most phobic states so I really did need the extra help. I'm currently dating someone atm so I'm not really interested anymore of course x3 He was one of the one's my friend interested me to.

Credits to Jordan. Paired to Mira and ohHeyVaporeon.
Old February 21st, 2012 (07:19 AM).
-Jared-
Certified Responsible Adult
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
-invisible ninja-
That's redundant, Andy. xD

As for dating, I'll likely try online dating, because, like others have said, the only gay guys I know are rather effeminate and that isn't my type. xD Although it would be nice to find someone naturally, off line. :3
Old February 21st, 2012 (09:25 AM).
oocyst
Bara baby
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Bold
There are only like 2 other gay guys at my school that are out, and both are so flamboyant, it's pretty annoying. I've been out for about 4 years now, and I've met a lot of LGBT kids fromt his Dutch site, they hold these meetings all over the country. Pretty fun, but I've never dated anyone from there even though that was kind of my reason to be there. I like some of them, but most of the people there are all about drama and cliques, not my thing at all.
Old February 21st, 2012 (12:15 PM).
Alice
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
I've never tried online dating personally... although it's probably okay if you met someone in a place like this, and then ended up liking them over time. I would never try an actual dating site though, even though like I've said, I have zero chance of finding someone irl here.
Old February 22nd, 2012 (02:20 AM).
LynLyra
Spicy Sugar~

^Well I was able to meet someone as wonderful as Ashley on here/serebii!

Sites made for dating are probably not the best place. Really any social area, from a dating site, to here, from facebook to a minecraft server. You can find someone with chemistry.

You'll find someone, one way or another!
Old February 22nd, 2012 (03:00 AM).
Sodom
with a capital Y.

I've tried online dating before with this guy I really liked (well I still do like him, we're still friends I think). In the end though, I think online relationships are just way harder to maintain because you can't see each other and there's no physicality to the relationship. It wasn't really a matter of a 'gay guy having to resort to online' in my case, it was just that I found someone I really liked.

Old February 22nd, 2012 (11:32 AM).
Alice
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
Quote:
It wasn't really a matter of a 'gay guy having to resort to online' in my case, it was just that I found someone I really liked.
Yeah, I think that's really the only way an online relationship has a chance.
Old February 23rd, 2012 (12:11 AM).
LynLyra
Spicy Sugar~

Any advice for an online relationship I can give.
-Be dirty c:
-Have mutual friends you both can talk too
-Voice and Video as much as you can

I find these three things key to a good relationship. I know this club isn't dating advice 101, so I'm not going to make it focused on that.

Anyways;
http://news.yahoo.com/transgender-ch...181700625.html
I was looking at the comments......
Old February 23rd, 2012 (12:43 AM).
Kano Shuuya
Community Supporter

Ew, even if I read articles like that, I tend to stay away from the comments. Plenty of them just end up pissing me off, because of how ignorant some people are. What makes it worse is that there's no changing the minds of some of them.

hi, i used to be "Drew"
paired to Antemortem
Old February 23rd, 2012 (07:40 AM).
Esper

I would have hoped the statistics weren't that bad, but somewhere in the back of my mind I expected them to be.

And I read through some of the comments. Was expecting something a lot worse than what was actually there. Maybe they pruned some of the worst ones?

deviantart blog pair
Old February 23rd, 2012 (05:17 PM).
Sodom
with a capital Y.

The only comments I saw in that article were positive ones calling out the negative ones that remain unseen haha - I guess the good guys flooded them out.

Old February 23rd, 2012 (05:41 PM).
Keiran
Moshtradamus

http://metroweekly.com/poliglot/2012...s-marriag.html

One more state down.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old February 23rd, 2012 (05:45 PM).
-Jared-
Certified Responsible Adult
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
@ Yahoo article: My parents have Sbcglobal internet, which is tied to Yahoo, so I have seen yahoo articles all the time since my parents got internet from them years ago, and in all that time, if there was one thing I learned, it was that I should NEVER look at the comments on Yahoo articles. This is a lucky one in that goodhearted people managed to flush out the more irritating ones. Most articles aren't that lucky. .__.

Now come on California! You can do it!
Old February 23rd, 2012 (05:46 PM).
Eпvy
Winds ღ

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiran777 View Post

Temporarily, anyway. =/

I want to be happy, but I just know that some bull is going to bring it to court in an attempt to overturn it, even though it's an incredibly simple issue that really should just be legalized naturally in every state.

Sponsored Links