Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 8th, 2012 (07:12 AM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by EntwinedSilence:
A lot of gay people won't date people who are bi, just because they feel like the person they're dating could easily fall for someone of the opposite gender. It boils down to being a trust issue, though, because there are certainly bisexuals who can date someone of the same gender, and stay with them for years. -w- If they care about their partner enough, then it's the same as any other relationship, as stable or as risky..
It really reminds me of the misconceptions some people have about gay people, tbh. For example, I saw something a long time ago where they just went out onto the street and asked men to talk to a camera and ask questions of a gay guy. A lot of them said something along the lines of "You want some of this, right?", because their assumption was "because you're attracted to men, you're attracted to every man". This is a similar assumption but with bi people; because that person is attracted to both men and women, they're attracted to every man and woman.

Also, @Swift re: looking at boobs - girls get just as insecure about that than a guy dating a bisexual that looks at them. :P Not "I can't offer that", but "is what I'm offering not enough?" haha

Nice css Andy! I could have helped you if you were having trouble :P

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old March 8th, 2012 (10:46 AM). Edited March 8th, 2012 by -ty-.
-ty-
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Toujours:

It really reminds me of the misconceptions some people have about gay people, tbh. For example, I saw something a long time ago where they just went out onto the street and asked men to talk to a camera and ask questions of a gay guy. A lot of them said something along the lines of "You want some of this, right?", because their assumption was "because you're attracted to men, you're attracted to every man". This is a similar assumption but with bi people; because that person is attracted to both men and women, they're attracted to every man and woman.

Also, @Swift re: looking at boobs - girls get just as insecure about that than a guy dating a bisexual that looks at them. Not "I can't offer that", but "is what I'm offering not enough?" haha

Nice css Andy! I could have helped you if you were having trouble
lol, yeah it's absolutley not true that gay guys are attracted to all men, or that all bisexuals are attracted to all men and women. I do think however, we do at least "judge" the attractiveness of the gender we are attracted to more. If I see a guy, I am more likely to assign a label IN MY HEAD that he is ugly, average, hot, or whatever. When I see women, I think I only think about their attractiveness if they are to either extreme, sometimes, mostly I just have disinterest. So, I don't think it's really that we are attracted to everyone of the gender we are attracted to, I think it's more that we are more conscience of and we judge more the appearance of the sex(es) we are attracted to.
Old March 8th, 2012 (04:17 PM).
Esper

Quote originally posted by Shining Raichu:
Hey guys, it has taken me HOURS to get this right because I am in no way to be mistaken for a coder, but here is our fancy new club design complete with the list of key terms! I know I've been saying I was gonna do this for months, but now I finally have haha.
Hello, today I'll be playing the part of Ms. Nitpicker.

That's a great job on everything, but one of the rules kind of strikes me as... well, it's something that I would like different.
"If you do not support the LGBT community, don’t post here. We have zero interest in bigoted opinions and we don’t tolerate them."
As much as I'm often in the mood for zero tolerance of bigotry, maybe we should be a li'l more open and say something like "You do not have to be a supporter or member of the LGBT community to join, but you must still be respectful. No bigotry will be tolerated." 'Cause, you see, I think it would be good for... how do I put this politely... people without a positive disposition toward LGBT people to have a chance to ask questions and get to know us as long as they are not rude or anything.

Also, you have someone in the member list named シーツー under 'T' when it should be under 'S'. I know I'm the only one bothered by this.

deviantart blog pair
Old March 8th, 2012 (04:24 PM).
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
Haha I was just adapting the stuff Landorus said. I like your idea better though, so I'll fix that now.

I'll also fix the member listing haha - I have zero knowledge of Japanese so I was just trusting his judgment on that one too! XD

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old March 8th, 2012 (04:44 PM).
Nakuzami
The Savior
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Hey guys, it has taken me HOURS to get this right because I am in no way to be mistaken for a coder, but here is our fancy new club design complete with the list of key terms! I know I've been saying I was gonna do this for months, but now I finally have haha.
Just one problem: I DEMAND THAT MY NAME BE IN PINK! >:O

Oh hi all. I've been dead. Let's just pretend that I went through a huge tragedy so I have an excuse for being gone. Something along these lines: I left once my entire family disappeared, grabbing my Torchic plushie and an AK-47 and chasing down the kidnappers. I found out they were vampires, and so I killed them all and saved my family. At this point one of the vampires and I fell deeply in love. For a while, we were happy.
And then I met the werewolf.
From here I was so confused. I loved them both; who did I pick? Did I become a polygamist? What about the toilet bowl? Who did I love more? Well, of course this led the werewolf and vampire to enter a duel to the death. We went through many months of tragedy and blood, and in the end I had made my decision . . . I nuked the vampire, werewolf, and toilet bowl and married the lizard.

BUT HAI, I'm here now. Kind of. I don't know.
And as far as this bisexual topic goes . . . I don't think I can say much worthwhile until I actually start dating, lol.
Old March 8th, 2012 (08:12 PM).
Kano Shuuya
→ you're here, aren't you?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Raichu, the new coding in the club's main page looks awesome. ;w; <3

& LOL Nakuzami, if I'm never gone from PC for awhile, I hope my reasoning can be something similar. /shot

Welcome back.

& With the bisexual thing, I still think it's no less or more risky than dating anyone else. People will always have insecurities when they're dating for one reason another, because it's human nature. There's always fear of competition in bisexual relationships, same as with gay relationships, and straight, etc. -w- That's just my opinion. I wouldn't not date someone because they were bi..

hi, i used to be "Drew"
alt account for Jude Mathis
paired to Antemortem
twitter | tumblr | instagram | steam
Old March 9th, 2012 (06:50 AM).
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Quote originally posted by Nakuzami:

Just one problem: I DEMAND THAT MY NAME BE IN PINK! >:O
You're welcome

Also, I wouldn't not date somebody because they were bi either. In fact, in a weird way I think if anything it would make them more attractive to me. I would kind of see it as "this guy has double the options and he likes me". It would be more flattering because of that.

Old March 9th, 2012 (07:21 AM).
Game Over1375
Hito-Shura is awesome

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Game Over1375
Well, as someone who IS bisexual (turns out I never stopped being bisexual), I can say that I've always been faithful to those I've been with.

Btw, just because I'm bi doesn't mean I find every person physically attractive. Even then, I won't have sexual/romantic thoughts about them until I know them as a person, although there was that one time in Tunica. Even then, I can't tell you how many people broke up with me because they were afraid I would find someone of the opposite gender more attractive than them. It's almost ridiculous. Do people think that bisexual people are horndogs all the time? I mean, damn. I can at least say I'm not.

Apologies for the mini rant. Please continue as you were.
ShinyDiamond (Karate Bro)
PkMnTrainerYellow (Improbable Daughter)
Mr. Mammoth (Mammoth Gentleman Son)

Hey everybody! Once a week, I will change my avatar to a video game character(s). If you have any suggestions, PM me. My current avi is of Hito-Shura from Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne! It was suggested by TornZero. Someone better suggest the Space Core from Portal 2.
Old March 9th, 2012 (11:24 AM).
Kano Shuuya
→ you're here, aren't you?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Mmmhmm! That's what I was saying! Bisexual people aren't any less faithless than anyone else. -w- I mean, I'm technically bi, but if I fall for someone I don't think in the back of my mind "O HEY I'M GONNA GO HIT ON A HAWT GUY TODAY BECAUSE THE GIRL I'M WITH IS BORING NOW". Likewise, if I'm with a girl, but in a room full of guys, I won't pay attention to any of them.

hi, i used to be "Drew"
alt account for Jude Mathis
paired to Antemortem
twitter | tumblr | instagram | steam
Old March 10th, 2012 (05:54 AM).
Sodom
with a capital Y.

In the end though, for the potential partners of bisexual people, it's a psychological thing. Humans are jealous by nature, and in the mind of a jealous boyfriend or girlfriend, anybody can be a threat when they're dating a bisexual person. It's not even necessarily be the undeserved promiscuous reputation, it's just a numbers game. Double the options = double the chances for heartbreak.

Unfortunately I think throwing logic on it is useless in practice, because a jealous or concerned partner is going to be thinking emotionally rather than logically. You just have to find a secure person to be with.

Old March 10th, 2012 (07:49 AM).
Esper

Unfortunately I think throwing logic on it is useless in practice, because a jealous or concerned partner is going to be thinking emotionally rather than logically. You just have to find a secure person to be with.
True dat. Jealous people are just going to be jealous.

In other news, the Man with the Big Hat in the Vatican (a.k.a. the Pope) has again warned against the dangers of allowing same-sex marriage. He also took a dim view of premarital sex and cohabitation. All these things, he says, are dangerous to stable society. [short article]

deviantart blog pair
Old March 11th, 2012 (06:30 AM).
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Oh for Christ sake (seewutididthar?).

What's "damaging to the stability of society" is causing unrest and controversy with the public declaration of your outdated values and opinions.

This whole thing makes me highly uncomfortable. The separation of church and state happened for a reason, yet the church finds it fitting to put forth official campaigns against not only same-sex marriage, but also things like contraception and cohabitation. It is almost as though the Church still feels that the government must answer to them and their warped moral senses.

Old March 11th, 2012 (08:57 PM).
jbthedelirious
Beginning Trainer

I'd like to join,please.

As for the current topics; all of the bisexuals I know are really cool, in fact my best friend is bi, and the church needs to keep itself out of peoples' business.
Old March 11th, 2012 (09:53 PM).
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
I think it's ironic that the Pope tries to control the meaning of marriage, while never having been married and probably has never been in love. I don't understand why anyone bothers to listen to him (even if you are religious), he is the epitome of hypocritical.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old March 12th, 2012 (01:49 PM).
Alec Empire
Are you ready to testify?

Nature: Rash
Quote originally posted by Keiran777:
I think it's ironic that the Pope tries to control the meaning of marriage, while never having been married and probably has never been in love. I don't understand why anyone bothers to listen to him (even if you are religious), he is the epitome of hypocritical.
I'm not saying that I agree with anything that the Pope has to say(most of it's completely unimportant), but he is the leader of the world's most widespread religion, so he is a pretty important guy. Important people are usually listened to, for the better or worse.
Old March 12th, 2012 (01:58 PM).
Esper

Hey, here's more sobering news. I know, I know. I'd like to bring up good news, but this one in particular got me really... well, you'll see.

[here is the full article]

Quote originally posted by article:
Young people who identify themselves as so-called Emos are being brutally killed at an alarming rate in Iraq, where militias have distributed hit lists of victims and security forces say they are unable to stop crimes against the subculture that is widely perceived in Iraq as being gay.
Yeah. What a great thing we did in Iraq.

deviantart blog pair
Old March 12th, 2012 (02:09 PM).
Nakuzami
The Savior
Community Supporter

I LOVE YOU FOREVER. Marry me? x3

Quote originally posted by Pudz:
The separation of church and state is jus' a myth, really, so long as "one nation under God" remains in its happy little place, the church will always be just one step away from state religion. And we all know the path that takes us down. It's... iono... in a way, if some people /need/ a book to tell them to behave or a big man in the sky will spank them for eternity... maybe theres a net gain. But if people could just be good people because it's a decent thing to do, we wouldn't need the threats.

"one nation under God" is so politically incorrect. Censor everything else, but not that. xD /dun listen to me I'm weird

And the Bible is annoying. I've never read it, but I know that man wrote it and man has had over two thousand years to edit it, and they have. BAH.

Oh, I just remembered some small little thing for the bisexual topic (although not really) My sister's ex-boyfriend (whom is bi- they both are, actually) told her that if he wasn't dating her, he'd totally date me. Then he just kept saying that to annoy her. I just find it funny, 'specially since they dun know I'ma gay, although my sister is convinced and he's like, four years older than me /adds nothing of importance to le current topic

And lastly, I don't pay attention to the pope or anything. I don't even know what he looks like, so I'ma pretend he looks like this:
Spoiler:

They both probably have the "I'm a total arse don't listen to me" thing down. ;P

/is so extremely useless in serious conversation

EDIT: @Fuzzy-Scarf-Person-Quote-Thingy: Oh . . . lovely . . . that's so very nice. I feel like going to Iraq now. -.-;
Old March 13th, 2012 (06:31 AM).
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Quote originally posted by jbthedelirious:
I'd like to join,please.
Welcome, JB! I'll add your name to the list now - tell us a bit about yourself! Are you gay, bi, trans, supporter, other?

Quote originally posted by Alec Empire:
I'm not saying that I agree with anything that the Pope has to say(most of it's completely unimportant), but he is the leader of the world's most widespread religion, so he is a pretty important guy. Important people are usually listened to, for the better or worse.
I really don't think he is to be honest - and that's not just my anti-theism talking. Even if you disregard the fact that more and more people are turning away from religion by the day, the Pope's role has been reduced more and more over the years to the point where he's kind of just like a monarch. What does he actually do all day? I can't imagine him actually doing anything to aid the running of the religion. He's just a figurehead; the latest in a long list of old white men to put on the Colonel Sanders costume.

Quote originally posted by Scarf:
Hey, here's more sobering news. I know, I know. I'd like to bring up good news, but this one in particular got me really... well, you'll see.

[here is the full article]

Yeah. What a great thing we did in Iraq.
Well I'm not usually a proponent of violence to solve issues, but hey... since our troops are already over there, why not spread some more "Western influence" from their shotguns? I mean, when in Rome, right?

Old March 13th, 2012 (08:30 AM).
Eпvy
Winds ღ

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by Pudz:
The separation of church and state is jus' a myth, really, so long as "one nation under God" remains in its happy little place, the church will always be just one step away from state religion.
I wouldn't call it a 'myth', it just gets violated constantly. However, we're still far away from being a theocracy. Unfortunately, I'm not convinced that any of our current Republican candidates have even the slightest respect for the Separation of Church and State. They want to make it a myth, alright.

But enough of that... "One Nation Under God", from my understanding, was just Red Scare propaganda. It was not originally in the pledge.

It definitely shouldn't be there, and never should have been. Unfortunately, the man that has been attempting to take it off by going to court (forgot his name) has not been successful in doing so because the court has always found something irrelevant to shoot it down IIRC.

Yup. Way to go America.

Anyway, I really hate the whole 'One Nation Under God' thing, but I think other things are of greater concern. To get on-topic, one of those is definitely the banning of same-sex marriage. It's a clear violation of the Establishment clause, and it's worse because it is very much forcing religious belief upon the whole country. I don't see why this is allowed to go on. It's very obvious what is going on here. It's unconstitutional and it most certainly has no place getting voted on (Proposition 8) because that's unconstitutional as well.
Old March 13th, 2012 (02:25 PM).
Usagi-Chan~
Elder McKinley at your service

Nature: Sassy
Since we're kinda on the topic of separation of church and state and all that, I just thought I would share this article I found on yahoo today . That's one of the many reasons I'm scared of some extremist getting into office. I'm glad I don't go to public school anymore ._.

When you're feelin' certain feelings that just don't seem right...
treat those pesky feelings like a reading light and
Turn it off!
Old March 13th, 2012 (02:49 PM).
Nakuzami
The Savior
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Usagi-Chan~:
Since we're kinda on the topic of separation of church and state and all that, I just thought I would share this article I found on yahoo today . That's one of the many reasons I'm scared of some extremist getting into office. I'm glad I don't go to public school anymore ._.
Oh . . . my God. (lol the irony of that sentence)
I'm not known for spontaneous outbursts or really anything like that in school, but if a band came in and started doing that I would probably get up, yell "screw you" but worse, and then walk out. Maybe come back in with a big gun? Now that sounds fun. |3
There's no way, no matter how many posts I make, that I can express how . . . ugh people like that are. Just so pathetic.

The way my life is, I could care less if there was basically no such thing as religion. I don't really have one, although most of my family is Christian (not like many of them go to church, lol) and I honestly couldn't give a crap about it all. I'll take my own beliefs, do whatever I want with 'em in my head, but there's no reason for me to force it on anyone else or for anyone else to force it on me. Sadly, it seems too many humans are bigots and arses.
Just live your freaking life, let others live theirs, and if it ends in eternal damnation or whatever, oh well. I mean, if it's something actually unhealthy like drugs, then, sure, try to help someone, but even then there's no reason to go all religious-nutjob on 'em.
Old March 13th, 2012 (02:53 PM).
Alec Empire
Are you ready to testify?

Nature: Rash
I really don't think he is to be honest - and that's not just my anti-theism talking. Even if you disregard the fact that more and more people are turning away from religion by the day, the Pope's role has been reduced more and more over the years to the point where he's kind of just like a monarch. What does he actually do all day? I can't imagine him actually doing anything to aid the running of the religion. He's just a figurehead; the latest in a long list of old white men to put on the Colonel Sanders costume.
True, but he will still be listened to and cared for by at least some people. Yeah, he may have little power, but he's kind of like the kind and Queen of England: No power, but they are listened to, nonetheless.
Old March 13th, 2012 (03:02 PM).
-ty-
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Nature: Naughty
I think that the "one nation, under god" is not really worth losing sleep over. If you don't want to recite that section of the pledge, then you have the choice to not recite it. If you want to recite that section of the pledge, then you should have the choice to recite it. There are other issues that deserve more attention.

Gay Marriage and abortion should be looked at as secular issues. The Supreme Court has developed several secular tests that determine the Constitutionality of a law, although these "tests" are often very subjective in their application.

Gay Marriage does not negatively affect others. The soundbite we always here is, "gay marriage goes against my definition of marriage." The argument fails to show how gay marriage affects opponents' marriages.

I would say abortion is a much different issue. There are secular concerns at hand. The father of the child has no say since the fetus is inside the woman's body. It's not right that assisted suicide is illegal, but a woman can choose to end an other's life. There are other factors that make abortion more complex, including but not limited to, rape, development of fetus, incest, age, or woman's health factors. For me, I think both extremes, either 'no one can abort' or 'everyone can abort' are missing the mark.

Since we are on the subject, even though I think it has little relevance, is contraception. They don't affect others, therefore everyone has the right to use them whenever or where ever they are legally able to do the deed.
Old March 13th, 2012 (03:38 PM).
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Lets... steer entirely clear of abortion lol. That is a topic that will likely get a rise out of everybody and it is not at all relevant to an LGBT Club - even less relevant than contraception

Old March 13th, 2012 (03:48 PM).
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Lets... steer entirely clear of abortion lol. That is a topic that will likely get a rise out of everybody and it is not at all relevant to an LGBT Club - even less relevant than contraception
So you're saying...we should abort this topic.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links