Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Strategies and Movesets

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Strategies and Movesets Post your team lineups, get your team rated or rate other teams, talk about lineups, talk about moves/movesets, strategies, etc. For general talk about the games, go to the respective Pokémon game forums.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 19th, 2011 (02:42 PM).
xXDougSurvive
Beginning Trainer

Im playing kids at school in generation 3 games so i have access to all oof the pokemon you can get in r/s/e/fr/lg
I have figured out 4 of the 6 slots

Starmie lvl 100 Timid /216 Speed/ 252 Spec A/ 42 HP
Surf
Thunderbolt
Rapid Spin
Ice Beam

Wobbufett lvl 100 Impish /6 HP/252 def/ 252 spec D/
Counter
Mirror Coat
Encore
Safeguard

Vaporeon lvl 100 Bold /248 HP/ 228 Def/ 32 spec D
Surf
Wish
Baton Pass
Substitute

Skarmory lvl 100 Impish/252 Hp/ 60 atk/ 184 def/ 12 speed/
Drill Peck
Spikes
Roar
rest

I need 2 more pokemon. Any advice? we are going no legendaries. and yes i know wobbufett is an uber but the kids at my school are to dumb
Old May 19th, 2011 (02:50 PM).
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Altorca:
u need some dark types umbreon or absol if u need it kwik biut if u want better quality and have more time hydregion
u also need a legend i reccomend darkrai shaymin or zekrom
...Wut. Why does he need a legend? Why does he need a Dark type? Where the hell will he get Hydreigon, Darkrai, Shaymin or Zekrom in Gen III?

Moving on, two of your Pokemon are weak to Electric, so you need a Ground Pokemon to resist that.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old May 19th, 2011 (05:29 PM).
TheGr8
lovely pair<3
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Fireworks:
...Wut. Why does he need a legend? Why does he need a Dark type? Where the hell will he get Hydreigon, Darkrai, Shaymin or Zekrom in Gen III?

Moving on, two of your Pokemon are weak to Electric, so you need a Ground Pokemon to resist that.
lol yeah a ground type pokemon,

Have you thought of Flygon or even Donphan.

Personally I would go with Flygon. So much versatility, plus he has levitate so you would be protected from ground type attacks. And also as someone else said Breloom wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Oh and your Vaporeon is great, I have one myself almost same set up and I love it.

Youtube | Twitter | VGC| Pair

Signature by Khalei

Old May 21st, 2011 (09:30 PM).
justlars
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by TheGr8:
lol yeah a ground type pokemon,

Have you thought of Flygon or even Donphan.

Personally I would go with Flygon. So much versatility, plus he has levitate so you would be protected from ground type attacks. And also as someone else said Breloom wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Oh and your Vaporeon is great, I have one myself almost same set up and I love it.
i agree with the flygon. considering it's ground/dragon with levitate, it's helpful. since it's dragon, ice types may be a disadvantage, though dragon pokemon are able to learn fire type moves.
you could go for mix metal/??? types of pokemon like:

metagross, metal/psychic, high attk, high def, speed is average. earthquake would deal a high amount of damage.

lucario, metal/fight, stats are fairly high and equally rounded. lucario can use both special and physical attacks considering it's attk and sp.attk isn't that much apart different.

scizor, metal/bug, high attk, fairly high def, speed is somewhat low, but the attk makes up the speed. the only disadvantage with metal/bug is the fire weakness.

or. if you don't really like the metal/??? mix, you could go for another eevee evo:

umbreon, high attk, high sp.attk, rest equally rounded.

espeon, high sp.attk, high spd, rest somewhat equally rounded. i honestly would prefer espeon over kadabra (if you can't evolve your kadabra to alakazam). i've done some statistic training and espeon had higher sp.attk and spd at 35+ to a 42 kadabra.
Old May 22nd, 2011 (10:16 AM).
Dark Azelf
Dream Evil.
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Can people read more thoroughly please ? Is kind of a rule. Most of the junk being suggested isnt even gen III.

Pazzy <3

Old May 28th, 2011 (02:14 PM).
OlaPola
Mr.Kaizer/Awesome

Nature: Naughty
get a abra, train it to kadabralevel and teach it psycic, trade it back and forth to get Alakazam.

Teach Alakazam Ice punch and level it to level 100.
You get one of the highest specialattackstat in the games, and a pokémon who can take out poison, ground, flying, stone and dragon and most other elements.

Plus it's a classic.
A. Indifference or
B. Disinterest in what the critics say

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links