The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 12th, 2012, 11:42 PM
curiousnathan
woop woop

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
Unfortunately I've had no luck in scoring myself any shiny pokemon in HGSS. Although I caught myself a cute little swinub on the original gold. Other than that, I don't think I've come across any other shiny pokemon across my other games. I've got a shiny Tyranitar in Pokemon White, but I recieved that through trade. (Which I'm sure doesn't count.) I really wish I would find a shiny Pokemon in HGSS, since it's one of my fav games -- but I supppose it depends on luck and then the determining factor how much you play the game; which for me isn't a lot anymore. :x

Last edited by curiousnathan; July 14th, 2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old July 12th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
I have been playing for 5 years, never to even encounter a shiny. I must be unlucky, because im sure i have encountered more than 1800 wild pokemon easily.
Old July 13th, 2012, 12:53 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Don't bump threads over a month old since the last post, please.

That said, I'll leave it open as it's a topic that usually gets a lot of posts anyway.

Old July 14th, 2012, 06:09 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
I've caught a shiny SUNKURN, (evolved into a SUNFLORA), shiny VULPIX, shiny GRAVELER and of course the scripted shiny GYARADOS.

It's funny that I decided to stop playing any emulators until I got a shiny on a REAL POKeMON game for the DS and before that, between various emulators and previous games I had never caught a shiny until I bought SoulSilver.

And I'm always proud to mention I found my shiny SUNKURN long before I got to the scripted GYARADOS.

Furthermore, when I encountered my shiny SUNKURN I was, at first, skeptical; (the alternate color palette isn't much different for a non shiny SUNKURN) so I made sure I saw the red star (even after seeing the signature shiny sparkles upon the beginning of the battle), then I went on google and made sure the red star meant shiny.
Old July 14th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Aerinoctis
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lax
I caught a shiny Onix in my SoulSilver version. Other than that, I don't think I've caught a shiny Pokémon before. I'm somewhat sure that I encountered a shiny Pokémon in Yellow before, but I didn't know what it was at the time, and it was a Pokémon that I didn't really want, so I let it get away. Oh well...
Old July 17th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Meru
Pickle Barrel

Nature: Quirky
Well, my first shiny was a Golduck but, it was in Pokemon Black. (Caught it btw. Named her Gummy. xD)
In Soul Silver my first shiny was a male Ponyta I caught and named Meteorite <3
Those are the only shinys I've ever encountered out of all the pokemon games I played.
Old July 17th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

In my SoulSilver, aside from Red Gyarados I have caught two Shinies - a Graveler and Farfetch'd. Both are male.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old July 17th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Archer
a.k.a: ethan.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
In all my years of playing pokemon, I am yet to encounter a shiny. Go figure. I could probably RNG one, but it's not worth it.
Old July 18th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Red99
World Champion

Nature: Rash
I have never seen or caught a shiny, other than the red gyarados, which is unfair because. my older brother has caught over 10 shinys in the course of one day. Shinys never come when you're looking for them.

Don't listen to all those rumors about me, I'm just your average everyday Pokemon trainer!
Old July 18th, 2012, 09:31 AM
lunaeclipse
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Naive
I've had my fair share of shinys. I've had a shiny ditto, whismur (now an ev'd Exploud), Caterpie, and giratina. I found a shiny weezing and now i regret not using the masterball but it used self destruct >.<
Old July 18th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
I saw a Red Gyarados in SoulSilver. I think it was at the Lake of Rage... Made it faint too!

That is all.
Old July 18th, 2012, 05:16 PM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Oh my god, lawl. I just caught another Shiny GRAVELER south of BLACKTHORN. The same place I caught my first.
Old July 21st, 2012, 08:27 AM
Negative-Zero

im soft reseting for a shiny cyndaquil in ss, but i got a shiny latios over the world trade thing (dont judge, i havent played pokemon in a year xD)
Old July 21st, 2012, 08:40 AM
ShinyJohtomaster
Shiny Hunter

As a shiny hunter, I feel obligated to say that I've found loads of shinies. Not true. I've found 2 Cyndaquil (one in Soul Silver, now a Typhlosion), one in Heart Gold (now a Quilava). In Silver, I found a shiny Totodile without even hunting it. I was just 5 and thought something was wrong with the game. I have the red Gyarados. Then on Emerald, I found a shiny Lotad while looking for a Ralts. In Ruby I found a shiny Zigzagoon, but I was on my way to beat May the first time, so I couldn't catch it. I have a shiny Charmander that took 6-7 hours of soft resetting on my Fire Red. I'm currently hunting Lugia on SS right now. Day 6 of that hunt.
Old July 21st, 2012, 09:20 AM
Squirtle Is Life
Casual Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
I caught a shiny pokemon the other day in heart gold it was a drowzee I evolved it and nicknamed it Pinkno. O_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyJohtomaster View Post
As a shiny hunter, I feel obligated to say that I've found loads of shinies. Not true. I've found 2 Cyndaquil (one in Soul Silver, now a Typhlosion), one in Heart Gold (now a Quilava). In Silver, I found a shiny Totodile without even hunting it. I was just 5 and thought something was wrong with the game. I have the red Gyarados. Then on Emerald, I found a shiny Lotad while looking for a Ralts. In Ruby I found a shiny Zigzagoon, but I was on my way to beat May the first time, so I couldn't catch it. I have a shiny Charmander that took 6-7 hours of soft resetting on my Fire Red. I'm currently hunting Lugia on SS right now. Day 6 of that hunt.
Nice story! Good luck catching shiny Lugia! That would be awesome!

Last edited by Squirtle Is Life; July 21st, 2012 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 21st, 2012, 09:33 AM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
The only shiny I've gotten in HGSS other than the obligatory red Gyarados was a shiny Ekans in SoulSilver. I was just minding my business, grinding before going to the Azalea gym and BAM. There it was. I named her Pants and traded her to HeartGold to use there, because I was doing a challenge on SS at the time and Ekans wouldn't fit into it. She's an Arbok now and almost level 60, I think. I need to start RNGing in HGSS though. I find RNG more fun than shiny hunting, and it's a lot less tedious. Plus you get results you want, not like...shiny adamant Abra. Ruh roh.
Old July 21st, 2012, 10:40 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

I've only found one, a shiny Meowth on that route west of Ecruteak. And this was after I had caught the Meowth I wanted for my team and I was just leveling it up on that route... it just showed up out of the blue and I asked myself, "How lucky can I get?"

I've still kept it untouched since It really doesn't have a good nature conducive to battling, so I just keep it as a trophy of sorts.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old July 21st, 2012, 01:21 PM
.TheDon.

Let's just say that shiny pokemon are all but easy to find =) In my career i had the privilege to own a red gyarados, a pink crobat (something horrible) and i saw a white/green pelipper from a friend of mine. My cousin has a golden scizor! (that's pretty cool). You were very lucky to have a shiny starter!
Old July 22nd, 2012, 01:04 AM
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

Send a message via Skype™ to Ninjagon
Being yet another shiny hunter, i suppose you could assume i have a collection, but that isn't the case. I have a Shiny Ho-oh i soft resetted the other day, but on the same profile i found legitimate Pokerus, which has the ever so dandy odds of 3/65,536 on wild/bred pokemon.

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)
Old July 22nd, 2012, 02:22 AM
Timmetje

My first shiny was on my first pokemon game Platinum, right after the 3th gym, a nice Ponyta
On Heart gold I had my Beautyfull shiny Crobat and I encounterend a Shiny Hoothoot before I got pokeballs :/ and a shiny wingull wurmple and a clefairy on my emulator
I haven't got a shiny on white yet
Old August 7th, 2012, 03:49 AM
Pheonix Down
Forever Raichu

Only 1 shiny golbat in the safari...but it got away. >:G
Old August 7th, 2012, 09:29 AM
LinooneFriend
Pokefriend

Nature: Gentle
I sure wish I could find some shinies, especially shiny linoone. But I don't wish too much for them, cause some of em look kinda stupid. I do actually have 4 shinies, red gyrados from the lake of rage, and shiny raikou, entei, and suicune from GameStop events. I nearly missed one of the events because I got there as they were locking up on the last day! I did have the pokerus once but I didn't know what it was and I didn't know what to do with it. D:
Old August 8th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Pheonix Down
Forever Raichu

Oh my god! yesterday i found a shiny growlith in heart gold!!!! only the second shiny i have ever found and it just so happens to coincide with me just 2 days joining these forums. Creepy. :O

Grunge is dead
"It's better to burn out than to fade away..."
Old August 10th, 2012, 07:06 AM
chella182
Drowzee

Nature: Rash
Only encountered one random shiny, and that was a Voltorb :D which was lucky, 'cause that happens to be one of my favourite shiny Pokémon! Other than that, nothing. Apart from the red Gyarados, but that doesn't count.

Old August 10th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
The last time I saw a non-Gyarados shiny was in Gen 3, never have I caught or bred one of my own in Gen 4.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here