The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Events & Groups

Notices

Events & Groups Want to join or set up a tournament? You're in the right place! Here you can find competitions and events as well as clans and other groups.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed. Posts in this forum do not add to your total post count. Four-word rule and character-limit do not apply here.

Old May 24th, 2011, 03:43 PM
cartercr
Sour Kangaroo's best friend!

Approved By Wolf

All is bright and cheery within the Unova region. The sun is shining, people are happy, and no body above ground knows about the activities below.

Yes, down below the Unova Region is an underground league set up by Ghetsis. When all had been lost by Ghetsis, he retreated to the earth and built an undergound region. Living in the underground, Ghetsis began training a new group of Pokemon, and as such, he has regained his power within the region.

So how do you come in to this?

You fell into a hole. It hurt. You looked up and saw that you were in an elagent building a good ways underground. You traveled through the area until you found a helpful person who told you all of this :D

So how do you challange the league?

Post your Team and your PO username. You will not be able to change your team (unless you restart your challange.)

Rules

All Standard Rules and Clauses are in effect (if you don't know them please refer to smogon)
All Pokecommunity Battle Stadium Rules are in effect (I would suggest you read them, they stop annoying things from happening)
I expect you to remain active if you join (this is only common courtesy)
Do note that we will be using Smogon's OU tier, not Pokemon Online's OU tier (I'm not sure that there is much difference, but I believe there is some.)

How do you join the league?

Choose a type, Post your team and PO username and I will battle you to test your battling skill. Gym leaders will be required to build their team of Pokemon of ONLY that type. However E4 members will be allowed to have 2 types of Pokemon on their team. I will be playing Ghetsis, and anything goes with him :D.

I should also point out that this will be Standard OU (aka Wifi OU.)

Gym Leaders

E4
Ghetsis - Cartercr

Challangers

PRIZES

All Gym Leaders are encouraged to offer a prize for defeating their gym.

Leaders who defeat 10 trainers will recieve an EV Trained Pokemon of their choice*
(I have a list of possible Pokemon)

Any challanger who makes it through the Gyms will recieve an EV Trained Tyranitar

Any challanger who conquers the league will recieve ANY EV Trained Pokemon of their choice.
Our Pokemon are the same, but somehow yours are better just because you want to spend hours doing what I can do in minutes. Copy this into your sig if you think that anti PokeSav/PokeGen arguments are rediculus.

90% of teenagers listen to rap. If you are one of the 10% that listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

BW FC: 1463 6132 2390

Last edited by cartercr; May 26th, 2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old May 24th, 2011, 10:18 PM
k-van
Ruler of K-vanian Empire

Nature: Modest
Sign me up.
Leader. Water type for the win!
PO name: k-van
Team: Jellicent,Politoed,Rotom-W,Ludicolo,Vaporeon,Swampert
Note about my gym: More than 1 of the same item IS allowed.

My trade shop:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=252396

Last edited by k-van; May 26th, 2011 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Changed team
Old May 25th, 2011, 04:46 AM
cartercr

ok, but does politoed have drizzle?
Also will there be a prize for defeating your gym?
Our Pokemon are the same, but somehow yours are better just because you want to spend hours doing what I can do in minutes. Copy this into your sig if you think that anti PokeSav/PokeGen arguments are rediculus.

90% of teenagers listen to rap. If you are one of the 10% that listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

Old May 25th, 2011, 09:26 AM
bdrago95
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Jolly
are there and rules sets?
like "no using 2 of the same item" ect.
Old May 25th, 2011, 09:37 AM
k-van
Ruler of K-vanian Empire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartercr View Post
ok, but does politoed have drizzle?
Also will there be a prize for defeating your gym?
Yes it has drizzle and yes there is a prize. A DW politoed for B/W :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrago95 View Post
are there and rules sets?
like "no using 2 of the same item" ect.
I sure hope that rule isn't in there... lol.

My trade shop:

Last edited by k-van; May 25th, 2011 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 25th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I suggest you add rules. [Standard Clauses and such]
Spoiler:

Self-KO Clause
f both players are down to their last Pokemon and one uses a move that kills itself, such as Explosion, Self-Destruct, Destiny Bond, or Memento, the trainer who used that move is considered the loser in the match.

Freeze Clause
Only one Pokemon may be frozen at the same time as another. Once one unfreezes, that Pokemon or another may be put back to sleep.

Sleep Clause
You may only put one Pokemon to sleep at a time. Once that Pokemon wakes up, you may put it or another Pokemon to sleep again. But again, only one Pokemon on their team can be asleep at one time. Pokemon asleep due to the effects of Rest or Effect Spore do NOT count towards that limit.

Species Clause
Each Pokemon must be of a different species. Different Pokedex number means it's a different species.

Evasion Clause and OHKO Ban
Sometimes grouped together as "No DT/OHKO". The following moves are banned:
- Double Team
- Minimize
- Fissure
- Guillotine
- Sheer Cold
- Horn Drill

No "Hax" Items
The following items are banned:
- Brightpowder
- Quick Claw
- Focus Band
- King's Rock

No Ubers.

Having those rules [Which are all the standard rules btw. It'll attract more people. No one wants to face super hax Pokemon.

If those rules are gonna be in effect, I'll join.
Leader: Electric
PO name: Dracon Ometeor / Afternoon Delight / Gleek / Santana Lopez
Team: Thundurus / Jolteon / Electivire / Rotom [C] / Zapdos / Eelektross

For a prize, you can pick one Pokemon from my shop [Gray Terminal. Must be from my part]

Last edited by Perrie ✿; May 26th, 2011 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Cut not Mow.
Old May 25th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Leader: Normal
PO name: Nakuzami
Team: Bouffalant | Togekiss | Porygon-z | Stoutland | Braviary | Slaking
Prize: I'll work on this. It'll probably be a shiny Litwick or something. For now, it can be Feebas
I'm currently breeding with my new JAP Ditto, so I might come up with something soon

Is it possible that a gym leader could make a little mini-rule, like no legendaries, for their gym? I just hate it when people use legendaries -.-'

Last edited by Nakuzami; May 25th, 2011 at 02:44 PM.
Old May 25th, 2011, 01:18 PM
cartercr

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-van View Post
Yes it has drizzle and yes there is a prize. A DW politoed for B/W :D
Do note that Swift Swim and Drizzle on the same team are banned. So if Kingdra has Swift Swim then you can not use that team.

Also I would like for people to note that I said this was Standard OU. This means that standard clauses apply. If you guys need it, I will post them on here, but I believed that that would be unnecessary.

Old May 25th, 2011, 01:35 PM
k-van
Ruler of K-vanian Empire

Quote:
Do note that Swift Swim and Drizzle on the same team are banned. So if Kingdra has Swift Swim then you can not use that team.

Also I would like for people to note that I said this was Standard OU. This means that standard clauses apply. If you guys need it, I will post them on here, but I believed that that would be unnecessary.
Ok then. Is keldeo/suicune banned?

My trade shop:

Old May 26th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Keldeo is banned, since it is an un-released event. Suicune is not banned, since it's in UU.
Old May 26th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Autey
The Wise One

Nature: Serious
With the elite four status, with the two type, Can I say for example have Ghost and Dragon. Yet have say Gengar who is Ghost/Posion, and Hydregin who is Dragon/Dark?
Old May 26th, 2011, 11:21 AM
bdrago95
Beginning Trainer

can you post the rules inclueding baned lists its been a while since i played im out of the loop ill participate if you do so
Old May 26th, 2011, 11:21 AM
k-van
Ruler of K-vanian Empire

Quote:

If drizzle/ss is banned, then I assume that sand stream/sand veil is banned too right? Pretty much similar effects. One raises speed, the other raises evasion.

Also, I changed my team. No drizzle/ss if that is how we are gonna do it. I don't know why its banned. It is so easily countered with hippowdon/tyranitar/DW ninetails/etc. Just change the weather... Oh well I guess.

My trade shop:

Last edited by k-van; May 26th, 2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old May 26th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-van View Post
If drizzle/ss is banned, then I assume that sand stream/sand veil is banned too right? Pretty much similar effects.
Nope, Sandstream + Any other sand effects are all good to go. Only Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team are banned.
Old May 26th, 2011, 11:50 AM
k-van
Ruler of K-vanian Empire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

Nope, Sandstream + Any other sand effects are all good to go. Only Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team are banned.
Well then I don't understand why... I would think boosted evasion is worse then boosted speed...

My trade shop:

Old May 26th, 2011, 07:27 PM
cartercr

I am in complete agreement with you on that, and I believe that it will soon be banned (along with sand rush.) However, just use Ludicolo with Rain dish and run a swords dance sweep.

Also note though that the evasion boost is only 30%, where the Speed boost is a doubled effect.

Keldeo is not banned by smogon. The official list is:
Arceus
Blaziken
Darkrai
Deoxys-A
Deoxys
Dialga
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Lugia
Manaphy
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Zekrom

Last edited by cartercr; May 26th, 2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old May 26th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Venzeron
Canine Pokemon Master

Nature: Relaxed
Sign me up cat-in-the-hat. Sign me up.
Leader(or E4): Can I be an eeveelution leader(Leafeon, Flareon, Umbreon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Eevee? If not, phsycic.(Espeon, Mew, Victini, Latios, Zorua)
Prize: Shiny Eevee

Venzeron's Trade Pike
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=253359
Old May 26th, 2011, 08:59 PM
k-van
Ruler of K-vanian Empire

Ok then I will use keldeo instead of rotom-w.

My trade shop:

Old May 28th, 2011, 04:02 PM
cartercr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venzeron View Post
Sign me up cat-in-the-hat. Sign me up.
Leader(or E4): Can I be an eeveelution leader(Leafeon, Flareon, Umbreon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Eevee? If not, phsycic.(Espeon, Mew, Victini, Latios, Zorua)
Prize: Shiny Eevee
Well Eevolutions are not a type, also I notice that you have 5 pokemon on the psychic team, and even at that only 4 are psychic type (Zorua is a dark type)

Old May 28th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote:
Keldeo is not banned by smogon
Keldeo is an un-released event making it banned until it is released, along with Geno and Melo.

Also Latios is currently banned, because it is in the suspect testing thing. >:
Old May 28th, 2011, 04:25 PM
cartercr

Oh, duh, didn't notice that. Yeah, you'll have to use Rotom W, or if I could suggest something, get a spinner like Starmie or Tentacruel.

Old May 28th, 2011, 09:19 PM
killet513
Death the Kid

Nature: Relaxed
This sounds pretty fun, and hello cartercr. I hope you remember me from the Milky Way gym thing. I would like to be a gym leader.

Leader: Flying
PO name: Killet513
Team: Aerodactyl | Honchkrow |Charizard | Skarmory | Dragonite | Gliscor
Prize: Well, since I live in the boondocks, I don't have wifi, but I am trying to get it set up. So, I should be able to give you something, but don't expect for a while.

"A healthy soul resides
in a healthy mind
and a healthy body"

Last edited by killet513; June 1st, 2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old May 30th, 2011, 08:00 PM
cartercr

I would like to welcome our newest gym leader, K-Van.

Old May 31st, 2011, 09:44 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Cartercr hope you didn't forget that I signed up XD; I'm on the PC server all the time. :3
Old May 31st, 2011, 07:43 PM
cartercr

I haven't forgotten anyone, just waiting to have battles. :D

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links