The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 21st, 2012, 11:39 PM
pokehackster

This looks absolutely awesome. I'm a little jealous that you didn't release this as a kit. No offense to Poccil his kit is good, but this game blows anything made with his kit rite out of the water.

My deviantART

Sometimes you just have to ask your self "would I rather be crazy or stupid?"
Old June 22nd, 2012, 02:07 PM
Dying Light
Pegasus Knight

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokehackster View Post
This looks absolutely awesome. I'm a little jealous that you didn't release this as a kit. No offense to Poccil his kit is good, but this game blows anything made with his kit rite out of the water.
He used Poccil's kit. It's just heavily modified using the scripting system and of course the beautiful graphics.

I like how the battle interface is though. Like Abnegation said, it's more streamlined.

“Our only limits are the ones we place on ourselves.”
Old June 22nd, 2012, 07:57 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
Game Freak need to use this battle scene style! It's amazing! Great job to the team!
Old June 22nd, 2012, 09:00 PM
Obrusnine
Beginning Trainer

This looks AMAZING!

One complaint is your Pokemon Professor. All of the Main Professors have their names based off of a tree, it's kind of tradition by now (Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan, and Juniper).

Anyways, can't wait to play!
Old June 23rd, 2012, 05:35 AM
stranger
lost in las vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrusnine View Post
This looks AMAZING!

One complaint is your Pokemon Professor. All of the Main Professors have their names based off of a tree, it's kind of tradition by now (Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan, and Juniper).

Anyways, can't wait to play! :)
Well if you look through my game, it doesn't boast too many "traditional" features. First of all I don't have gym leaders, an E4 or a champion. The quest is not based around becoming a champion. My starter Pokemon are quite different to usual starter Pokemon in official games as they must evolve with stones, and they only evolve once. My battle system is quite different to the typical ones you see in the games. My mapping is also quite different and more detailed, less square. These are included with a number of other innovations in which stray from the traditional style. But thanks for the comment regardless, I'm just not interested in copying GameFreak all around.

every moment with you is an adventure
Old June 23rd, 2012, 06:48 AM
Obrusnine
Beginning Trainer

That's all fine with me! I love your soundtrack by the way, it really reminds me of Pokemon music from the games.

I also really hope you release that battle system publicly, because I really love that Pokemon bar at the bottom. That's something Gamefreak could learn from you, it is a pretty obvious ease of access feature that should've been implemented a long time ago.

I also really do like the change of pace storywise, it's pretty original.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:31 AM
Blaze the Cat
Life hurts, and so do I

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Four Lucian View Post
I've been following this game for awhile and I really have to say it is a fantastic looking game, amazing detail on the mapping and very unique, if there were a way, I would send this to Game Freak to be made into a real game. But to each his own, it is still very cool, however, I think you should maybe make some new pokemon since it is a different region, that would be cool to see. But still, great good job man, can't wait to play it
ABNEGATION, DON'T LISTEN TO HIM! I don't want anymore Fakemon infested games. They just are missing this charm, I guess.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 12:58 PM
pokehackster

Originally Posted by Dratizard View Post
ABNEGATION, DON'T LISTEN TO HIM! I don't want anymore Fakemon infested games. They just are missing this charm, I guess.
Some people do like fakemon ya know... Personally I'm making 102 fakemon for my game, and many other people like fakemon in games. Abnegation may not want to add fakemon to his games, but you shouldn't act like fakemon are an infestation when people put hard work into making them.

My deviantART

Sometimes you just have to ask your self "would I rather be crazy or stupid?"
Old June 24th, 2012, 03:37 AM
NoVideoFound
Beginning Trainer

battle screens are amazing!! this game will be something else!
Old June 24th, 2012, 04:39 AM
stranger
lost in las vegas

Loving the debate about Fakemon. But so as to not let this get too off-topic I'll just jump in and confirm that there won't be any. I personally feel as if with 649 Pokemon to choose from, and about 1,000 if you count extra formes, I feel I have enough to choose from. Adding them would also slow progress considerably. But I enjoyed the discussion!

Old June 24th, 2012, 09:58 AM
pokemongarnet
CAT-BUS!

I just want to say how great this looks. The only problem I can think of is how the world map only provides one direction to go in per route a lot of the time. But I doubt that would be much of a problem because of how fresh those maps are. By the way, is this back up and running fully? Sorry if I neglected the post where you would have said that.
Old June 24th, 2012, 12:19 PM
stranger
lost in las vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemongarnet View Post
I just want to say how great this looks. The only problem I can think of is how the world map only provides one direction to go in per route a lot of the time. But I doubt that would be much of a problem because of how fresh those maps are. By the way, is this back up and running fully? Sorry if I neglected the post where you would have said that.
My maps tend to be a lot less linear than most. One route tends to branch into a number of different directions and into other areas not evidently marked on the map you see there. But later in the game I am considering expanding the game somewhat, so that there's more directions to go in and more routes lead into one another and so forth.

Old June 24th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Charvisioku
Psyduck Fanatic

This game looks really slick and well thought out. Will definitely be playing it when it's released.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 26th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Eriah
A lost past, hidden in shadow.

Nature: Serious
Huh. This looks promising. Though if it's on RMXP, how do you get the music to play like that? Midis I know don't play like that and oggs don't loop from inserted points, they loop from beginning to end. Not to mention RMXP sucks with loading ogg as music. Unless you just have them as full length mp3 or wma tracks set to repeat. Either way, it's quite good. Plus you scripted it to make the resolution smaller. I never could get that to work. I'm currently working with VX Ace though. I found many features to be better than XP, especially loading oggs, which was my greatest annoyance.

Anyways, it looks really good. I subscribed, so I hope to see more of this~
Old June 27th, 2012, 08:15 AM
TheGuitahHeroe
i make songs with a computer

Send a message via AIM to TheGuitahHeroe Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheGuitahHeroe Send a message via Skype™ to TheGuitahHeroe
Hey, all,

I'm composing music for Phoenix Rising and Gav wants me to post some stuff here....so I guess I have to do what he says. What a bully.

Battles:

vs. Wild Pokemon
Spoiler:

vs. Pokemon Trainer
Spoiler:

vs. Gavin
Spoiler:

vs. Carmen
Spoiler:

vs. Guardian
Spoiler:

vs. Team Chance Heart/Spade
Spoiler:

vs. Ho-Oh
Spoiler:

Low HP
Spoiler:

Oracle Battles:

Psychic
Spoiler:

Flying
Spoiler:

Bug
Spoiler:

Electric
Spoiler:

Town and Route Themes:

Nocturne Town
Spoiler:

Sonata Town
Spoiler:

Route 1
Spoiler:

Find my work on my youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGuitahHeroe

Last edited by TheGuitahHeroe; June 29th, 2012 at 08:09 AM. Reason: new stuff added
Old June 27th, 2012, 09:56 AM
pokemongarnet
CAT-BUS!

@TheGuitarHeroe: I love your music. Actually you and Dasgust inspired me to start making Pokemon themed music. Anyways, it's great to see an update in the music. The Nocturne Town theme is probably my favorite.
Old June 27th, 2012, 11:51 AM
soulblitz
Beta Tester

Nature: Calm
This game is simply AMAZING, I will wait how ever long it takes for even the Demo comes out :D. I hope you continue your work on other games too.
Old June 29th, 2012, 08:07 AM
TheGuitahHeroe
i make songs with a computer

Send a message via AIM to TheGuitahHeroe Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheGuitahHeroe Send a message via Skype™ to TheGuitahHeroe
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemongarnet View Post
@TheGuitarHeroe: I love your music. Actually you and Dasgust inspired me to start making Pokemon themed music. Anyways, it's great to see an update in the music. The Nocturne Town theme is probably my favorite.
I'm really glad you like the stuff, thank you so much for the compliment :D

Also I'll be updating my post from time to time with new music. Check in from time to time if you feel like it
Old June 29th, 2012, 12:12 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
Impressive Hack(Lmao).
No but really, this looks awesome. Keep up the good work.
I'm a fan!
Old June 29th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Sydian
there it is

Nature: Timid
Wow, I really like this music, TheGuitahHeroe! Sounds like something you would really hear in a game imo. :) Gavin, I love your starter choices, but I bet you already knew that lol. <3

Play the game to change the game
Old June 29th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Brane
-

^ what do you mean his starter choices >8)

The music is great, it has it's own feel in each song and they all connect to each other as in they feel like they come from the same game. Bravo. Route 1 is probably my favourite because it just gives you that new game feeling like when you first walked out onto Route 1 in the old games Cannot wait for this game to be finished.
Old June 30th, 2012, 02:26 AM
Braviary75
Black_Kyurem75

The Music are just awesome
Old June 30th, 2012, 06:59 AM
PhantomTwilight
possibly sane

Oh Ehm Gee.

This is by FAR the best pokemon fan made RPG I've ever seen! Not only are the visuals stunning, but the MUSIC, oh yes the music - especially "Battle! Vs Guardian!".....It's AMAZING. The story, the everything has me speechless.

I can't wait for you to release it!
Old June 30th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
If you choose Alto does Aria appear anywhere in the storyline? It would be nice to have the one you didn't pick as a sort of rival also. (that you meet in the middle of your journey rather than being a childhood friend)

It seems a bit wasteful otherwise.

Great job on this game so far though, I've been following this for a while. I really hope this gets seen through to the end.

On another note, has the pokedex been decided? I didn't see anything in this thread about what the pokedex will look like.
Old June 30th, 2012, 04:45 PM
PokemonMaster Red
Pokemon Master

Nature: Quiet
This game is looking amazing!
I can't wait for the demo and how can mere grunts have such a sick theme? I'm instantly hooked to it.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links