The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 9th, 2011, 10:48 PM
yusolaifdfer
Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Hasty

Advertise here
wow so damn professional look. i can't wait to play this!
Old November 11th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Azure
» We might aswell be lovers on the sun
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I really love the soundtracks to this game, especially the Hideout theme.

Old November 14th, 2011, 09:22 AM
abnegation
adventure
Community Supporter

Hey guys, really excited to present an interview which was held between me and the presenters of The Filter Podcast.

Go check it out HERE.
Old November 14th, 2011, 01:22 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
cool podcast.
Wow, I can't believe you're getting experience at Media Molecule, one of my favourite developers out there; love LBP. [im so jelly]

the psp functionality sounds interesting, ill be looking into that.

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; November 14th, 2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old November 19th, 2011, 07:52 AM
TeaSpork
I disapprove.

I'm absolutely loving this game except for one thing:

the starters.

WHY DID YOU DO FIGHTING/DARK/PSYCHIC? It means that whoever chooses the Psychic type is weaker than the others. It's quite silly. Why not use Rock/Flying/Fighting? It's a perfect trio that DOESN'T screw someone over.

Sorry if that seemed mean... I'm just tired of people choosing these Dark/Fighting/Psychic trios because they are quite dumb compared to Fire/Water/Grass or Rock/Flying/Fighting. Sometimes, it seems that I'm the only person who EVER realized that there were better, more fair options. You can keep your starters if you want, but I just want you to think about this :D

Good luck!
Old November 19th, 2011, 08:09 AM
khkramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaSpork View Post
I'm absolutely loving this game except for one thing:

the starters.

WHY DID YOU DO FIGHTING/DARK/PSYCHIC? It means that whoever chooses the Psychic type is weaker than the others. It's quite silly. Why not use Rock/Flying/Fighting? It's a perfect trio that DOESN'T screw someone over.

Sorry if that seemed mean... I'm just tired of people choosing these Dark/Fighting/Psychic trios because they are quite dumb compared to Fire/Water/Grass or Rock/Flying/Fighting. Sometimes, it seems that I'm the only person who EVER realized that there were better, more fair options. You can keep your starters if you want, but I just want you to think about this :D

Good luck!
Umm.. Psychic has an advantage over fight pokemon.
However Dark is not affected by Psychic...

Check out the MMORPG I'm developing:

• Trading • PvP • Co-Op
Old November 19th, 2011, 09:02 AM
tImE
It's still me, 44tim44 ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khkramer View Post
Umm.. Psychic has an advantage over fight pokemon.
However Dark is not affected by Psychic...
Sure, Psychic is super effective against fighting, but it doesn't even affect dark.
fighting, even if not very effective, still does damage to psychic. Same goes for Dark attacking fighting.

So Psychic is a little underpowered. I'm sure Gav/Abnegation has a smart solution for making it more balanced though!
Old November 19th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Azure
» We might aswell be lovers on the sun
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
"Note that their stats will be increased so that they are strong like usual starters."

Old November 20th, 2011, 06:01 AM
TeaSpork
I disapprove.

Even if their stats are increased, it means that the Psychic-type will be at a disadvantage.

Also, that probably mean they'll get a stat buff to be on the same level stat wise as starters, not type-balanced as them.
Old November 20th, 2011, 07:00 AM
ShadowTheDarkrai
The :~*Fanciest*~: Snivy around

Nature: Adamant
Hmm... This game looks very good and has good music. What are the The Hearts based on? Many games have antagonists that act in a certain way due to their theme. For instance, The Go-Rock-Squad in Pokemon Ranger are based on their leaders playing music. Btw I don't think you should make a gym leader related to Poker when the antagonists are related too, unless the gym leader is their leader. I do think that the Poker relationships are a unique idea. I would like to know where I could find the software for this game when it comes out. Thank you!

Old November 25th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Wymsical
V.S. The Wymsical Champion

Hmm, this game looks very interesting. Better than the crap that Gamefreak makes. The soundtrack is great, the starters are far more interesting than the same old Fire/Water/Grass, and the graphics look amazing. The fact that the starters are both two-evolution and that their stats are upped makes perfect sense. It IS true that the Psychic type Pokemon will be at a disadvantage, but three options to bypass this are:

1. Make it so the Psychic type knows a different type move at the start of the game.

2. Later in-game, the player will obviously have other Pokemon with them, so they couldn't be stupid enough to use their starter against the rival's Dark-type unless it has a non-Psychic move.

3. Change the game so that Psychics DO do a little damage to Darks.

Anything is possible when you're hacking. And you've got my full support. I'll be tagging around to check on your progress, and begging waiting for a demo. lol

Links To Be Added Soon
Old November 26th, 2011, 02:28 AM
pancakeonmyhead
Kpop Enthusiast

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to pancakeonmyhead
THIS LOOKS SO GOOD!
I love the concept, the way it all looks.. ARGHHH!
I'M SO EXCITED!
Good luck~

Amanda(Panda). Eighteen-ish. Australia.
Kpop Enthusiast. B2UTY. Awkward.
레그 아만다 제인

Old November 26th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Zephyr+
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Sassy
Wow, congratulations on the spotlight, Gav! You totally deserve it; your game looks great!

Re: the starters, I don't think it's that huge of a deal that it's slightly unbalanced; after all, the hoenn starters are unbalanced (Swampert is 4x weak to grass), and so are the sinnoh starters (Infernape has a type advantage against both Torterra and Empoleon). The objective is to use lots of Pokemon of different types in order to compensate for your team's weaknesses. ;D
Old November 27th, 2011, 08:43 AM
abnegation
adventure
Community Supporter

Thanks for the comments, but yes, some of you who have been complaining about the starter imbalance; you should probably take notice of the very popular R/S/E games, as well as D/P/P. And like those, my game will be able to balance that variety. Some of you guys came off as quite rude with how you approached that too, so as I say, do your research before you start assuming what I've done is such a big mistake.

At any rate, I should have some updates soon. Been quite unwell, but I've got some new towns and areas for you to see.
Old November 29th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Brane
-

Wow, I shouldn't expect any less of a visually stunning game from someone such as yourself. The tiles and palettes seem to work perfectly, as I take there aren't many restrictions when creating a game from scratch? You seem to have placed a lot of attention to detail and the game looks great in terms of travelling throughout. The story itself seems interesting as well cause it leaves a lot of space for twists and turns

I guess I'll have to stick around and see how far this project goes through, good luck!

The starter trio is actually horrible though. I kid I kid, I've heard of the type variation but in terms of Pokemon chosen it's actually pretty interesting and original, but I would always go with Poochyena :D
Old December 1st, 2011, 05:47 PM
abnegation
adventure
Community Supporter

Thanks Brane, that's really kind of you.
Update December 2nd 2011

First of all check out the new first post here. But that's not all, we have a website for the time being, it needs some polishing but it's a start! Check it out here.

Next up, I'd like to welcome WesleyFG, the creator of the hack Pokemon: Light Platinum, to the team! He is now one of our top pixel artists and I couldn't be happier to bring him onto the team.

Tomorrow I should be posting new screens, and showing you more of the graphical update, so keep your eyes peeled for that.
Old December 1st, 2011, 06:01 PM
Deadrocks

Nature: Lax
Stoked for the new screens, and update.

Old December 3rd, 2011, 12:18 AM
A Pixy
Skipping over water.

Nature: Bashful
Words cannot describe how excited I am for this.
Old December 3rd, 2011, 12:12 PM
nmorr
Takin a brake. -_-

Nature: Jolly
Can't wait for this to be released! :D

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 3rd, 2011, 06:00 PM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

Wow Gav, this has really progressed :D !

Everything seems to have a professional standard, and you are progressing steadily!
Keep at it :D !

...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
Old December 4th, 2011, 04:16 PM
AceAlmighty
Unhatched Egg

Wow... This game has really got my hyped :D
But you don't need another post from someone saying it's amazing because reading through the posts it's pretty obvious

Seriously though, This game is like the Skyrim for Pokémon <3
Old December 4th, 2011, 05:41 PM
abnegation
adventure
Community Supporter

Update December 5th 2011

Sorry I'm late with the update, but I've been working on some new stuff. Got some screens for you guys. I revisited the start of the game and revamped the starter town as well as the second town.

Nocturne Town

Meet one of your rivals, Gavin.

Tranquillo Town

Tempostone Pass
Look who it is...

Enjoy.

Old December 4th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

I'm gustaing all over this update! <3

Looks amazing, Gav!
Keep up the good work~
Old December 5th, 2011, 02:20 PM
ShadowTheDarkrai
The :~*Fanciest*~: Snivy around

I think it's set up well and has good graffics but I wish it had more story options. I think it would be more interesting if somewhere during the begging a grunt battles you and when you defeat it it says "Wow. You pretty good skills. Would you like to join our team?" and then it gives you a yes or no option and it changes the story if you join. You could even work up to become the leader! I saw a game with something like this but it was never finished and the creator left. I hope you use this idea because not everyone wants to use the same perspective!

Old December 5th, 2011, 03:02 PM
abnegation
adventure
Community Supporter

I have choice determined gameplay. Nothing silly like working your way up to being a gym leader, that doesn't work in the real world of Pokemon games.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here