The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 5th, 2013, 06:49 AM
lightfurret

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny quagsire View Post
Just to expand on this, the reason it would error out if the file was "too big" is because indexed images take up a lot less space than non-indexed ones. This is because non-indexed ones require 4 bytes for each color (RGBA; sometimes only 3 bytes if just RGB), while indexed ones only take one (or less) bytes since you have each color stored once and then each pixel is a reference to which color it uses.
Thanks a bunch, both of you.
I'll try to do what you said and also check on the said tutorial.
Old November 6th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Door2Dawn
Iron fist

Nature: Gentle
Thank you for this tool. I've been customizing the sprites of some pokemon and the shiny forms because to be honest, they just don't match my preference or I feel like I could add something new to the game.

Okay I'm having a problem with it whenever I try to open it up, it says that Data is not Lz77 compressed.

Last edited by Door2Dawn; November 7th, 2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old November 8th, 2013, 01:54 AM
waZelda

Can you edit sprite position with this? I'm having a big problem with a sprite I've edited that suddenly ends up way too low on screen (like it's standing below the grassy area).
Old November 8th, 2013, 03:40 AM
Rycanthropy
Wrecking Ball

Nature: Sassy
Thank you for this amazing tool I particularly love the 'switch color' feature, it's very useful for editing palettes, and much faster than the IrfanView method.

edit: I'm having slight problems, which are probably not because of the program, but still:
1. I'm trying to edit the Oak sprite in the Oak intro, I edited it to match a Slowbro with the exact same color table, but when I import it back in, the colors are all messed up.
2. In the navigation pane there is a bookmark for the text box frame. Since it's just a tile set, I figured changing the tiles while leaving their position intact should work for me but for some reason it messes the position of the textbox. Is there a better way to edit the text box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waZelda View Post
Can you edit sprite position with this? I'm having a big problem with a sprite I've edited that suddenly ends up way too low on screen (like it's standing below the grassy area).
IIRC you can't, but you can use Wichu's Advanced Sprite Positioning Editor from his Advance Series Toolbox.
Old November 8th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Orifiel
Priestess

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGuard View Post
Thank you for this amazing tool I particularly love the 'switch color' feature, it's very useful for editing palettes, and much faster than the IrfanView method.

edit: I'm having slight problems, which are probably not because of the program, but still:
1. I'm trying to edit the Oak sprite in the Oak intro, I edited it to match a Slowbro with the exact same color table, but when I import it back in, the colors are all messed up.
2. In the navigation pane there is a bookmark for the text box frame. Since it's just a tile set, I figured changing the tiles while leaving their position intact should work for me but for some reason it messes the position of the textbox. Is there a better way to edit the text box?

IIRC you can't, but you can use Wichu's Advanced Sprite Positioning Editor from his Advance Series Toolbox.
1. You have to repoint the palette.
2. I don't understand.
Old November 8th, 2013, 06:32 AM
waZelda

Thanks CelticGuard, though I'm having a lot of problems using the Advance series. Still, I found another way to solve my problem.
Old November 8th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Door2Dawn
Iron fist

Nature: Gentle
Okay for the people that have trouble accessing Nameless sprite editor, and are having the error Data is not Lz77 compressed, go to save palette to rom the next time you try to save.
Old November 9th, 2013, 03:47 AM
Rycanthropy
Wrecking Ball

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by L96 View Post
1. You have to repoint the palette.
2. I don't understand.

1. So what I did was:
    1. Save the 256-color Oak Sprite using NSE 2.x
    2. Grab the palette of that screen using VBA, import it onto Oak in Photoshop
    3. Edit Oak into Slowbro, making sure I was using the exact same colors
    4. Replace the color table with the original B&W 256-color table
    5. Reimport into NSE. It did not require repointing as it was smaller.
    I don't know where I'm going wrong, it shows up as the wrong colors. Also I'm using CS5.

2. Basically I replaced my text box tileset with this:

It has all tiles in the correct positions. What happened when I imported it into game was the textbox floated to the top-right corner of the screen (which makes no sense, since I figured if there was any error at all it'd show up as glitchy tiles). However it did require repointing for being too big.
Old November 9th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Flower
ワイルドフラワー

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Flower
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGuard View Post

1. So what I did was:
    1. Save the 256-color Oak Sprite using NSE 2.x
    2. Grab the palette of that screen using VBA, import it onto Oak in Photoshop
    3. Edit Oak into Slowbro, making sure I was using the exact same colors
    4. Replace the color table with the original B&W 256-color table
    5. Reimport into NSE. It did not require repointing as it was smaller.
    I don't know where I'm going wrong, it shows up as the wrong colors. Also I'm using CS5.
  2. Basically I replaced my text box tileset with this:

It has all tiles in the correct positions. What happened when I imported it into game was the textbox floated to the top-right corner of the screen (which makes no sense, since I figured if there was any error at all it'd show up as glitchy tiles). However it did require repointing for being too big.
About your Oak sprite.
You got the colors right? Maybe you open your Slowbro on Photoshop.
Go export the color table of it then import it on the oak sprite.
Old January 19th, 2014, 02:27 AM
Goombario64
Master of Galaxies

Nature: Timid
I have searched this thread for a while and still can't find the answer to these questions, so, here they are: This does support Pokemon Sprite editing for Ruby, right? It says it only supports FR/LG and Emerald - nothing about Ruby/Sapphire. All other sprite editing seems to work just fine for Ruby, so is there something wrong with the Pokemon sprite plugin? Or am I missing something?
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
You may notice that I, unlike most people on the Internet, actually use proper grammar. I can't stand it when people talk so confusingly, with their "i loeve thiz plashe itsz sou funn!" sentences everywhere I look. Copy and paste this in your sig if you feel the same way.
And please, if I ever misspell anything, please tell me - that kind of thing just irks me something awful.
Old January 19th, 2014, 03:06 AM
Flower
ワイルドフラワー

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Flower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goombario64 View Post
I have searched this thread for a while and still can't find the answer to these questions, so, here they are: This does support Pokemon Sprite editing for Ruby, right? It says it only supports FR/LG and Emerald - nothing about Ruby/Sapphire. All other sprite editing seems to work just fine for Ruby, so is there something wrong with the Pokemon sprite plugin? Or am I missing something?
I think there's just no plugin for R/S. But you may implement one.
Old January 19th, 2014, 01:27 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Please don't revive threads with no posts for 2 months.

Link12252, if you want this thread reopened, contact giradialkia, Drfuji, or myself.

-Locked-

~karatekid552

Paired with Simba
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here