Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Reload this Page Spoilers BW41-44 - Everyone Gathers! Don Battle!!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old June 7th, 2011 (06:45 AM). Edited June 7th, 2011 by Mew~.
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

Well the last thread had the wrong information, so I guess a new thread is in order.

Quote originally posted by slowkingsley:
It seems like the episode title that has been revealed by Newtype is

「全員集合!ドンバトル!!」
Everyone Gathering! Don Battle!!

So it seems that BW041 will be a training episode hopefully for all of Ash's pokemon and not the gym battle.
Quote originally posted by From serebii:
In this episode, Ash & Co. finally reach Nimbasa City where they, along with Trip and many other trainers, decide to partake in a massive battle at the Battle Club run by Don George in the city

Old June 7th, 2011 (06:53 AM).
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
I've just seen this on Serebii! <: /Waited for the thread to be made.

I think it'll be a tournament kind of thing the winner may get to battle Don? Ash and Trip will end up in the finals, Ash my finally beat Trip, or if he doesn't beat him, we may see an evolution? :o

Also, finally! ;__; They're in Nimbasa.
it'll keep you up all night

boy you belong to me
i got the recipe
and it's called black magic

1349 6159 4149 // black magic
Old June 7th, 2011 (08:14 AM).
meow
Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
Since this is from Newtype, I can trust this one. xD

I've been waiting really long for Ash and co. to get to Nimbasa City. The Ferris Wheel is what I'm actually excited about. :p
Old June 7th, 2011 (01:45 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Nature: Mild
I am actually more excited about this then them rushing in to Nimbasa and having a gym battle. This also at the same time gives some of his pokes a battle or battles. Please give Roggenrola some featured battles and heres hoping somebody on the Team evolves. I wonder if Luke will be a recurring character since Luke owns Zorua it would be nice to see him again. Maybe Ash doesn't even make it to Trip and loses to Luke. Would be interesting to see another rival, since I don't care much for Bianca as a rival. I kind of doubt we will see a battle vs. Don George. More then likely he will be hosting it and nothing more. I am curious to see Trip team, I would be surprised to see one of his pokes evolved again from the time they last met at EP34.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old June 7th, 2011 (04:00 PM).

Quote originally posted by Kenshin5:
I am actually more excited about this then them rushing in to Nimbasa and having a gym battle. This also at the same time gives some of his pokes a battle or battles. Please give Roggenrola some featured battles and heres hoping somebody on the Team evolves. I wonder if Luke will be a recurring character since Luke owns Zorua it would be nice to see him again. Maybe Ash doesn't even make it to Trip and loses to Luke. Would be interesting to see another rival, since I don't care much for Bianca as a rival. I kind of doubt we will see a battle vs. Don George. More then likely he will be hosting it and nothing more. I am curious to see Trip team, I would be surprised to see one of his pokes evolved again from the time they last met at EP34.

Who's Luke again? Is he from the Zorua episode that has yet to be aired?
Old June 7th, 2011 (04:02 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Yes he is from the Zorua episode. Which seems to be like the movie in Kanto. Hopefully we get an air date for this episode, cause I don't want to wait forever to see it.

Old June 12th, 2011 (06:06 AM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

I've been stalking the BW41 thread in the Serebii forum and I'm pretty much now excited for it, most people do think it's going to be a tournament sort of thing, since it is around the same time of the Tag Battle tournament in DP.

Most people are speculating around maybe 2-3 episodes for the tournament. I'm hoping for faces such as Burgundy to show up, since after watching BW19 again in the dub, she seems even more funny. Also maybe people like, Bianca. Trip is also confirmed so that'll be cool. If there are some tag battles, It'll be funny to see Burgundy and Cilan paired together, and I wouldn't be suprised if Ash was paired to Trip. If it's just simple battles, then I could see some fairly funny very random match ups, like Iris and Burgundy, Trip and Bianca, Luke and Ash. It could easily end up being Ash and Trip in the final. Maybe even Cilan and Burgundy facing off near the end, but I'm sure it wouldn't be the final.

Old June 12th, 2011 (07:34 AM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

I wanna see this run 2-3 episodes as well. I mean if they include rivals like Burgundy and Langley and of course Bianca and Trip we can't squeeze them all into one episode the Tour would be too rushed imo. Then they also throw in trainers like Amy, Kenyan, Luke so that gives the tour some more old faces. I hope we get a evolution of one of the pokes before the end of this, and some development for Swadloon, Palpitoad, Roggenrola. I want to see new moves from Tepig (maybe Roll Out or Take Down), Scraggy (Maybe Low Kick or Faint Attack). I don't think Oshawott needs any more developement or anything at this point, and I see Snivy being used in the Gym so I don't really see the need to feature it in too many battles. Tranquill will probably get it's development in BW039 although I would like to see at least one match with it. Pikachu just don't use him they have shown him enough.

Old June 12th, 2011 (12:03 PM).
Natural.....

I love these kinds of tournament battle episodes. I hope Ash uses some of his rotated Pokemon(Palpitoad,Roggenrola,Swadloon)
Old June 12th, 2011 (12:09 PM).
Gold Tier

A tag-tournament would be amazing. Spanning over 2-3 episodes, yes please! :3 Make it happen. :D
I'd love to see Iris take part and be paired with Trip, I don't know why tbh. :x It'll be too predictable if Ash and Trip are paired. I'd love to see Cilan and that annoying girl from episode 19. Idr her name by heart. Evolution better happen somewhere.

boy you belong to me
i got the recipe

Old June 12th, 2011 (12:22 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Tag tournament no thanks. And the girl you are thinking of his Burgundy. I want to see a Triple Battle or Rotation Battle to showcase 5th Generations new battle type. Either way I want a lengthy tournament not a one and done type thing.

Old June 12th, 2011 (03:18 PM).
LuffyxHancock Shipper

I liked the Tag Tournament, it had a lot of great moments. This episode sounds cool, a lot of rivals returning, will Dento/Iris battle there rivals? I bet you, Ash and Trip will make it to the finale rounds. Wonder if N will be in it? Man, it'd be epic if he was.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old June 12th, 2011 (03:50 PM).
Throw caution to the wind.

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Ducklighter Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ducklighter Send a message via Skype™ to Ducklighter
If it's going to be one of those epic tournaments where all the rivals turn up then yes, they should run for 2-3 episodes so it's not rushed and it'll up the amp. I really want Ash to beat Trip early on because I don't want to see a repeated Ash/Paul where he beats him in the end. I think they should fluctuate. Trip beats Ash in one encounter and then in another, Ash wins. It would make their rivalry better if they're close in power and skill. But I'd love to see Burgundy & Cilan get it on again or have an ironic match up where they're tagged together (assuming it's a tag team tournament.) and they lose because they can't work together. Ah, i'm really looking forward to see this.

Is it just me who wants Iris to really grow and possibly win the tournament with Axew learning a new move or overloading with Dragon Rage. Or that little hidden power that is Excadrill finally obeying her. xD
Old June 12th, 2011 (04:10 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by PearlShipper4Life:
I liked the Tag Tournament, it had a lot of great moments. This episode sounds cool, a lot of rivals returning, will Dento/Iris battle there rivals? I bet you, Ash and Trip will make it to the finale rounds. Wonder if N will be in it? Man, it'd be epic if he was.
N is Luke... don't tell anyone. Maybe will dedicate an episode to the Amusement Park and show him there, I don't really get the feeling he will show up the tournament. Cause he would think using pokemon for competition purposes is against his philosophy or some bs like that.

Quote originally posted by Ducklighter:
If it's going to be one of those epic tournaments where all the rivals turn up then yes, they should run for 2-3 episodes so it's not rushed and it'll up the amp. I really want Ash to beat Trip early on because I don't want to see a repeated Ash/Paul where he beats him in the end. I think they should fluctuate. Trip beats Ash in one encounter and then in another, Ash wins. It would make their rivalry better if they're close in power and skill. But I'd love to see Burgundy & Cilan get it on again or have an ironic match up where they're tagged together (assuming it's a tag team tournament.) and they lose because they can't work together. Ah, i'm really looking forward to see this.

Is it just me who wants Iris to really grow and possibly win the tournament with Axew learning a new move or overloading with Dragon Rage. Or that little hidden power that is Excadrill finally obeying her. xD
Why early on, seems kind of anticlimactic if you ask me. If you mean early on in the Saga then yes I agree, but I think if they do face off I would like to see it later on in the tournament. Mah I don't care for Iris winning I'd rather see Ash, Trip or some miscellaneous character win it above her. I do want Axew to learn a new move though maybe Dual Chomp or Slash.

Old June 13th, 2011 (01:20 PM).

Send a message via AIM to Ducklighter Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ducklighter Send a message via Skype™ to Ducklighter
Quote originally posted by Kenshin5:
Why early on, seems kind of anticlimactic if you ask me. If you mean early on in the Saga then yes I agree, but I think if they do face off I would like to see it later on in the tournament. Mah I don't care for Iris winning I'd rather see Ash, Trip or some miscellaneous character win it above her. I do want Axew to learn a new move though maybe Dual Chomp or Slash.
Yeah, I meant early on in the series. I'm not really for him losing constantly to a new kid who turned 10 especially Ash has alot more experience and should at least get the upper hand in one of their encounters. I'm just sick of how they dumb down Ash for each new rival, as if he doesn't know how to handle them, hehe. That's just my own personal annoyance but I understand why they'd do it, to create plotline but surely they should've gotten a more experienced rival. Perhaps, a son of a gym leader this time? Wouldn't be ironic if we later find out Trip is a son of a gym leader? xD The more I think about it, the more I want Cilan to win since he's a gym leader and it would give that view of superiority over Ash and the new trainers. From seeing the latest dubbed episode with Cilan showing off his battling skills, it would make more sense if he wins it. I would love to see Axew evolve sometime in the saga. I hope they don't do a Piplup repeat and keep him that way, eventually making him Iris' mascot Pokemon.
Old June 13th, 2011 (01:42 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

I am not for rivals beating Ash down but haters gonna hate. And the writers seem to be the haters. If he was I don't know who he resembles and most of them see to young outside of Drayden, Brycen, Clay to be his parent. Maybe somebody from another region, not seeing it(perhaps a Frontier Brain if they get those in three game and he could have a parent like Barry with Palmer). Or have a bro like Reggie. I hope Axew does evolve so we don't have a repeat of that annoying Piplup. Axew did demonstrate it's willingness to evolve in it's dream during BW006. So maybe that will be a hint.

Old June 13th, 2011 (01:46 PM). Edited June 13th, 2011 by Silver25.

I'd actually like to see Swadloon evolve. It somewhat mirrors Ash's Butterfree in that they both evolved quickly considering how many battles they have been in (aside from the fact most bug Pokemon do). It basically took Caterpie 3 episodes to fully evolve and while I never expected it to be the same with Swadloon (it has only been in a few battles) I think having a fully evolved bug Pokemon on his team would be interesting.

I'm thinking it will be more like the Twinleaf Festival Tournament (single battles tournament style) and the winner faces Don Juan for a prize. May be a good time for another egg, even though that could get old quickly, and maybe giving it to Cilan as the winner. Or it could come down to Ash vs Trip (or Luke) and that could go either way. All I'd be happy with is seeing Swadloon evolve and seeing more of Ash's full rotation of Pokemon. If it does span a few episodes they could realistically show is entire team and get development on most of the new ones. But that being said, I also want Axew to evolve soon. Perhaps in it's own episode...
Old June 13th, 2011 (01:56 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Swadloon may take a bit longer due to happiness, I was kind of hoping they had a bond episode dedicated to it's evolution. Although I wouldn't object to it's evolution in the course of the tournament. Luke seems like a mystery we only know of one pokemon and that poke is Zorua. I'd be happy with anyone evolving outside of Tranquill(there is plenty of time to get it to Unfezant), and Palpitoad seems to soon after Ash caught it and hasn't used it(pending it's usage in 39 & 40) not to mention it is already evolved. I think all the subs need some development especially the new captures.

Old June 13th, 2011 (02:08 PM).

I don't know why but I just can't see Swadloon being apart of Ash's team for long. I know i've mentioned this before but I have this image that Swadloon will either meet a Pokemon who he wants to mate with or he's traded for another Pokemon or they could do a squirtle and have him stay with his own kind to protect them or something. I Just can't see him being apart of the team for very long. I know someone else has mentioned this so i'm not completely alone. I feel like the bird types on Ash's team are on autopilot. I would love to see some growth from Tranquil.

An Axew dedicated episode should happen because I feel there's more to the story that we know of and there's alot more things we need to know of Iris. I'm starting to like her more and more.
Old June 16th, 2011 (06:51 AM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

Well, looks like this episode might just stretch out a little longer now, I'm sure - but just look at that stadium, massive. O.O

Old June 16th, 2011 (07:16 AM).
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Mew~:

Well, looks like this episode might just stretch out a little longer now, I'm sure - but just look at that stadium, massive. O.O
It maybe just me, but that image is broken. \:

boy you belong to me
i got the recipe

Old June 16th, 2011 (07:55 AM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Image posted in BW045 works fine for me. Maybe try and different browser. Yeah we are going to has this run at least to 45. Looks like Ash may get Leavanny and Scrafty by then. Then again Leavanny may be Luke.

Old June 16th, 2011 (08:24 AM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by dragonomega:

It maybe just me, but that image is broken. \:
Seems fine to me, try looking at it here

Old June 16th, 2011 (11:52 AM).
Natural.....

Quote originally posted by Mew~:

Seems fine to me, try looking at it here
Is that Ash's Leavanny on the left?
Old June 16th, 2011 (11:57 AM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Not confirmed yet. As far as we know it could be Luke since it appears with him Zorua and Golett.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)