The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Old July 5th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Ducklighter
Throw caution to the wind.

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Ducklighter Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ducklighter Send a message via Skype™ to Ducklighter
I'm pretty excited for this more and more. The more information we receive, the more I see it'll be an epic tournament. Especially with all the Pokemon additions and evolutions, I love the pace that this saga is taking.It makes for some interesting watches and some epic development between rivals.

I am loving the fact that Kenyan's Blitzle evolves into Zebstrika, I can't wait to see how powerful it is when battling against whomever it does. I feel that Kenyan will easily defeat Iris because of how she's been perceived already in the anime.

I'm starting to think Trip winning it all.

Old July 5th, 2011, 12:29 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducklighter View Post
I'm pretty excited for this more and more. The more information we receive, the more I see it'll be an epic tournament. Especially with all the Pokemon additions and evolutions, I love the pace that this saga is taking.It makes for some interesting watches and some epic development between rivals.
Yeah but it sucks how they're skipping a week between each episode.
Old July 7th, 2011, 05:38 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Bianca must like to see Ash with his clothes off xD. Interesting match ups you have Bianca vs. Kenyan in the first round when I thought it was going to be Iris vs. Kenyan. But she is facing Watchdog guy. Battles are one on one and they would have got a couple more battles in if it wasn't for all that trash talk. Cilan vs. Trip at the beginning of Episode 42.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old July 7th, 2011, 08:58 PM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

I freakin love this arc already just from I've been seeing. All the interactions have been so much fun, even Ash and Trips {Hope they get more} I loved Ash's battle the best, he seemed almost like his old self, looked like he impressed every one in the tournament with the moves he did. Can't wait for the next part, the wait will be hard.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old July 8th, 2011, 01:53 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Heh, well I guess I'll try this out, since I haven't done it in a long time.

The start of the episode was pretty epic. The Team Rocket scene by the ferris wheel sure seemed cool. They seem to be going back in the direction of the badass trio again which is great in my opinion.

That Bel collision WAS SO BARRY. I sware that have to be related some how. I laughed my head of how she ran into Satoshi like that, and he fell into the fountain. She always ends up pushing Satoshi into water, like in that Chillarmy episode, and the Fishing one.

Bless you Satoshi. xD

I got freaked out when I saw two bel's, then I remembed Zorua. I laughed when Bel tried to catch Zorua, she she tried to grab it and it jumped away. xD

Cabernettttt. "Bonjour! Tasting time s'il vous plaît!" I love that catchphrase.

And Kenyan, with his Blitzle that evolved into Zebstrika. His handwriting looks awful.

Langley!! I sware she's so annoying, and with her nose pinched, it's not like Iris smells because she uses dragon types.

I couldn't stop laughing when Zorua turned into Langley and it started making fun of Langley with Iris. xD

Heh, Satoshi's face when Shooti ignored him. xD

What's with the Don statues. xD

Oh look, it's those feathers you get on the bridges in the games, I guess those are cool prizes.

Heh, that guy with the blue hair (Who faces off against Langley) looks kinda cool. :D

Satoshi against Cabernet, and Dent against Shooti, eh.

I hope Bel wins against Kenyan.

Luke seems perverted looking around his opponent with his camera like that. xD

And what's with the guy in the Watchog costume? He freaked the hell outta Iris. xD

Woah, that Beartic really freaks me out. As soon as that guy sent out Joltik I thought he was done for, but it was actually really fast and cool.

I laughed so much when Beartic just squished Joltik. xD

The battle between Ash and Cabernet was awesome. Ash seriously works really well with that Palpitoad, they're are great team. Palpitoad finnishing off with that Hyro Pump was epic.

Heh, it was funny when Zorua put Bel in the wrong direction by turning into Langley so she would leave it alone. xD

Can't wait for the next episode. I hope Dent doesn't loose, but I can see it happening.

Old July 8th, 2011, 04:28 AM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Ok here is how I'm going to predict the tournament
PS: Don't know Random Trainer's names.

Round 1
Random Trainer vs Langley (Already know)
Random Trainer vs Random Trainer
Ash vs Burgundy
Cilan vs Trip (Cilan win?)
Bianca vs Kenyan
Random Trainer vs Luke
Iris vs Patratguy(Lemme guess he's using a Patrat)

Round 2
Ash vs Langley
Cilan vs Luke
Iris vs Kenyan (This could end up being either an Iris or Kenyan victory but I'm leaning to Iris making a comeback)
Random T. vs Random T.

Round 3 (Anything is possible still to early to tell the matchups or winners)
Ash vs Iris
Luke vs Random T.

Final Round
Ash vs Luke??

Edit:
New Image of Cilan vs Trip
Spoiler:
Old July 8th, 2011, 04:34 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuturePokemon View Post
Ok here is how I'm going to predict the tournament
PS: Don't know Random Trainer's names.

Round 1
Random Trainer vs Langley (Already know)
Ash vs Burgundy
Cilan vs Trip (Cilan win?)
Bianca vs Kenyan
Random Trainer vs Luke
Iris vs Patratguy(Lemme guess he's using a Patrat)

Round 2
Ash vs Langley
Cilan vs Luke
Iris vs Kenyan (This could end up being either an Iris or Kenyan victory but I'm leaning to Iris making a comeback)
Random T. vs Random T.

Round 3 (Anything is possible still to early to tell the matchups or winners)
Ash vs Iris
Luke vs Random T.

Final Round
Ash vs Luke??

Edit:
New Image of Cilan vs Trip
Spoiler:
Pretty sure that's old and from the Smash preview, it's on serebii.net too.

Anyway, some summaries:
Heated Don Battle! Snivy VS Pawniard!!
The battle tournament hosted by Don George, the "Don Battles" have finally begun. In the first round, Ash had to face the Pokémon Connaisseuse Burgundy and emerged victorious with the help of the "Vibration Pokémon" Palpitoad. While the heated battles of the first round continue with Cilan VS Trip and Bianca VS Kenyan, Langley and Antonio proceed to the second round along with Ash. Finally, all matches of the first round are over and the match-ups for the second round are revealed. Ash's next opponent is...

White-Hot Don Battle! Emolga VS Sawk!!
In the second round of the Don Battles, Ash clashes with Langley, the Dragon Buster. Against Langley's "Sharp Blade Pokémon" Pawniard, Ash chooses Snivy, the "Grass Snake Pokémon". But Snivy is tormented by Pawniard's sharp attacks, immediately making the situation disadvantageous. Meanwhile, Cilan's and the others' matches begin. Cilan's "Trap Pokémon" Stunfisk and Luke's "Torch Pokémon" Larvesta, as well as Iris' "Flying Squirrel Pokémon" Emolga and Kenyan's "Karate Pokémon" Sawk send sparks flying. Who will win the white-hot battles and move on to the semifinals?

Look's like luke has a Larvesta, that seems cool.

Old July 8th, 2011, 01:32 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

So the winner will be either Cilan, Ash, Iris, Luke, Kenyan.
Old July 8th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

I'd change your third record predix to Iris vs. Luke. And then I believe Ash is facing Antonio this guy. . So we will see how it goes.

As for the rest I am disappointed Trip lost that early, I really hope this makes Trip want to trade his Gurdurr with Ash Boldore(pending it evolves) so his Gurdurr can become stronger from this. And Luke wtf man you have all the good pokemon, dude where are you getting all these pokes from? I'm hoping Luke is a reoccurring character or rival so we get to see him show off his awesome pokemon again. Also wtf with Axew using Scratch on Golett sounds like "What a Kid move" to me. Finals seem to be Ash vs. Luke. Luke will probably pull out a Genesect xD.

Old July 9th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

I can't wait to see Shooti lose, I don't think he'll stay through the rest of the competition if you ask me.

Old July 9th, 2011, 04:33 AM
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Tbh I really can't see Iris winning this. At all. With Axew? No way.
All it has that can hurt Golett is Dragon Rage, whereas Golett is probably strong enough to take out Axew with one hit.
In the final, I'm thinking it'll be Ash VS Luke, and Luke will win, or one of Ash's Pokemon will evolve and Ash will win.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old July 9th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post
I can't wait to see Shooti lose, I don't think he'll stay through the rest of the competition if you ask me.
He will probably leave right after he loses to Cilan. Then make up some excuse as to why he lost like "It was one on one." or some bs like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
Tbh I really can't see Iris winning this. At all. With Axew? No way.
All it has that can hurt Golett is Dragon Rage, whereas Golett is probably strong enough to take out Axew with one hit.
In the final, I'm thinking it'll be Ash VS Luke, and Luke will win, or one of Ash's Pokemon will evolve and Ash will win.
Even if Axew gets Dragon Rage off and it hits Golett I think it will withstand it. I'd rather see Axew learn a new move like Dual Chop. But even if it does learn a new move I still get the feeling Luke will come out the victor.

Also I read that competitors can only enter three pokemon and that's all the can use through out the tournament. If so that kind of sucks, but hopefully they won't use Pikachu or Snivy in the next gym battle then.

Old July 14th, 2011, 07:43 AM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
Here is the preview for episode 43. I don't think it's airing today sadly.

Old July 14th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

So the Darmanitan is the COTD(can't remember the name) pokemon against Luke. Seems like another episode where they run through the battles.

Old July 18th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Twiggity Twang
Ruler of the Ice Boundary

Nature: Modest
This arc is too confusing for me...All I know is Luke is awesome, Antonio has a cool design, Langley is teh hawtness, and Palpitoad is a beast. And what is the deal with Cilan and Trip's battle? Seriously. When are they showing it? From what I heard, it was the FIRST BATTLE. Ugh...I hate this story arc...Let's just get to the next arc already,

Old July 18th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

I also thought it was weird that they show Cilan in Trip being in first match or what looks to be the first match then they hold it off. They should be showing it this Thursday since last week they had Zoroark movie in the place of Pokemon. You hate this arc why? And I doubt it will be any better then the next one, at least we got to see Palpitoad being used.

Old July 18th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Twiggity Twang
Ruler of the Ice Boundary

Nature: Modest
It's just too confusing for me...I can't follow any of it after my concussion.

Old July 18th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

It doesn't help that they squish a bunch of battles in one episode. You could be gone for a minute and you would miss several battles.

Old July 20th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

The next title has been revealed:
"Decisive Don Battle! Ash VS Iris!!"
Well, bit of a spoiler, but well, kind of saw this coming.

Old July 20th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

I wanted an Ash vs. Luke finals. I really hope he beats her down then after the match he can go up to her and say "WHAT A KID!!!!! Booyah!!!!!" I would be very satisfied with that outcome.

Old July 20th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I'm kind of glad to see Trip lose against Cilan. I didn't want him getting anymore cockier than he already is.

I haven't been keeping up with the Japanese episodes like I normally do, but if Iris' Axew hasn't learned to master Dragon Rage yet, then I can see that happening in this episode. I'm expecting Ash to pull off a win here, but I'm not going to be in total surprise if the writers decide to give Iris the win. I still have the thought that Ash may just have to face Iris again for his eighth badge like he did against Misty back in Kanto.

Luke looks pretty awesome though. Sort of wish he was Ash's rival instead of Trip to be honest. I'd hope the writers keep him around as a reoccurring character like Kenshin mentioned earlier though. He'd be the perfect contender for Ash in the Pokémon League Finals.
Old July 20th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Luke has everything in terms of pokemon that I see strong. But does he have the drive is what I am questing? He strikes me as somebody that would prefer to film then battle. Axew mastered it in the episode with Amy and Druddigon. I just hope it doesn't turn into a the only move it uses on a regular basis where it becomes reliant on that move to win a match. I hope it learns Dual Chop at least.

Old July 20th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin5 View Post
Luke has everything in terms of pokemon that I see strong. But does he have the drive is what I am questing? He strikes me as somebody that would prefer to film then battle.
That's true too, and I didn't consider that before. Seeing as he loses to Iris also kind of puts a damper on the thought. I'm guessing by the time the tournament comes to a conclusion, we'll see what Luke's plan will be next; if he's off to shoot a new film or continue training.

I imagine ─ if he were to be in the League ─ he'd have a powerful Zoroark on his team by then. Possibly being the final Pokémon he uses against Ash in the match up, and...

...and I'm totally blabbering about something else.
Old July 20th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Not to mention Volcarona(who I would personally want over a Zoroark), Golurk, and Leavanny. That's pretty solid team if evolved. I know if I was Ash I would hate to face that.

If it is 3 vs. 3 this is probably how I think it would turn out.
Pikachu vs. Axew(Pikachu Wins)
Pikachu vs. Excadrill (Excadrill Wins)
Palpitoad vs. Excadrill (Excadrill Wins, but at this point he is pretty weak)
Snivy vs. Excadrill (Snivy Wins)
Snivy vs. Emolga (Tie? Either that or Snivy wins, I'd hate to see that brat Emolga beat Snivy)

The Snivy vs. Emolga seems pretty inevitable, if not here then it's going to happen somewhere down the line. I just don't see why they wouldn't capitalize on that. Then Meowth is supposed to be some kind of negotiator next episode after that so maybe it's between those two after the match is over. Also I wonder if they will actually use those EV Wings or if they just expect us too forget about them as time goes on.

Old July 20th, 2011, 11:59 PM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin5 View Post
Not to mention Volcarona(who I would personally want over a Zoroark), Golurk, and Leavanny. That's pretty solid team if evolved. I know if I was Ash I would hate to face that.

If it is 3 vs. 3 this is probably how I think it would turn out.
Pikachu vs. Axew(Pikachu Wins)
Pikachu vs. Excadrill (Excadrill Wins)
Palpitoad vs. Excadrill (Excadrill Wins, but at this point he is pretty weak)
Snivy vs. Excadrill (Snivy Wins)
Snivy vs. Emolga (Tie? Either that or Snivy wins, I'd hate to see that brat Emolga beat Snivy)

The Snivy vs. Emolga seems pretty inevitable, if not here then it's going to happen somewhere down the line. I just don't see why they wouldn't capitalize on that. Then Meowth is supposed to be some kind of negotiator next episode after that so maybe it's between those two after the match is over. Also I wonder if they will actually use those EV Wings or if they just expect us too forget about them as time goes on.
You know, I wouldn't be suprised if she caught a new Pokémon during the competition since she only has three which I think is unfair, it could be on-screen or off, if it was off-screen it would be a suprise for Ash, since they both know eachother a lot already so they'll know some of each others strategies. I actually want Iris to win though, then Ash can win against her in like, the eighth gym.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links