Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The Wide World of Pokémon > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Reload this Page Spoilers BW41-44 - Everyone Gathers! Don Battle!!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old July 21st, 2011 (4:32 AM). Edited July 21st, 2011 by TheFuturePokemon.
Natural.....

Quote originally posted by Fireworks:
Episode 45 is the Meowth and Scrafty one.

So I'm expecting a battle between Axew and Scraggy. Both evolve, and Scraggy wins.
The Scrafty isn't Ash's

Spoiler:

Well anyways here is the preview for the next episode..

Relevant Advertising!

Old July 21st, 2011 (9:32 AM).
LuffyxHancock Shipper

The character interaction has been a lot of fun, some of the battles have been pretty cool. However at this point, I am wondering why they even add Trip? Nothings changed between Ash and Trip's rivalry, they could have done so much for it, they could have let Trip stay and watch Ash's battles and maybe yah know start to respect him? No, he's still pretty much a jerk to him at the end. Loved Dento V.S Trip, of course Ash V.S Langley, can't wait to see how it all turns out in the end. Next week looks like a fun one. Oh forgot, Iris battle really wasn't shown =/

edit;

Ash V.S Iris in the finals eh? Gosh I hope Ash wins the thing, I agree with one user here, it'd be fun to hear Ash say What a kid to Iris at the end of all thisXD

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old July 21st, 2011 (6:21 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by Mew~:
You know, I wouldn't be suprised if she caught a new Pokémon during the competition since she only has three which I think is unfair, it could be on-screen or off, if it was off-screen it would be a suprise for Ash, since they both know eachother a lot already so they'll know some of each others strategies. I actually want Iris to win though, then Ash can win against her in like, the eighth gym.
I dunno I am not seeing a off screen capture from her at least not right now. I know it's happened before with Brock getting Zubat, but I don't see them adding a new pokemon too her team at this point. If she does catch a pokemon that means she can't use here strongest poke in Excadrill. Since they can only use 3 pokemon 1 per round and they can only use the three they submitted.

Instead of Pawniard vs. Snivy the title should have been "Bianca and the Mischievous Zoura chase." Go figure the battles were Fast Forwarded at we only saw Cilan vs. Trip and Ash vs. Langley(which hasn't ended yet). I agree PearlShipper why have Trip here if he doesn't do anything. Nothing really added to the rivalry between him and Ash, his ego and attitude probably did not change all at from that lose.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old July 21st, 2011 (6:43 PM). Edited July 21st, 2011 by ZeroX5.

Nature: Modest
I think I agree with some of the people I've seen who say Iris might actually win this. I don't see the "Kodomo ne" thing being dropped anytime soon. So, we likely have to wait for another opportunity for Ash to beat her should he lose here.

I rather not see him lose, but I guess they want to emphasize Iris potential of being the 8th gym leader, by making her the first female to actually be stronger than Ash....however temporary it might be, since they have been seemingly flaunting her talent quite a bit recently to make up for her not doing anything for the first 30 or so episodes of the series. I think they should slow it down.
Old July 22nd, 2011 (8:35 PM).
Banned

Quote originally posted by Aerilyn:
I'm kind of glad to see Trip lose against Cilan. I didn't want him getting anymore cockier than he already is.

I haven't been keeping up with the Japanese episodes like I normally do, but if Iris' Axew hasn't learned to master Dragon Rage yet, then I can see that happening in this episode. I'm expecting Ash to pull off a win here, but I'm not going to be in total surprise if the writers decide to give Iris the win. I still have the thought that Ash may just have to face Iris again for his eighth badge like he did against Misty back in Kanto.

Luke looks pretty awesome though. Sort of wish he was Ash's rival instead of Trip to be honest. I'd hope the writers keep him around as a reoccurring character like Kenshin mentioned earlier though. He'd be the perfect contender for Ash in the Pokémon League Finals.
I'm glad Trip is Ash's rival instead of Luke. Trip have a great personality and his rivalry with Ash is full of fun and life.

I wonder how the battle between Ash vs Langley will turn out,i can't wait to see that episode when it airs here.
Old July 23rd, 2011 (6:59 AM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by tough:
I'm glad Trip is Ash's rival instead of Luke. Trip have a great personality and his rivalry with Ash is full of fun and life.
... Really? Well, honestly to me, he seems a little like a mixture of Gary and Paul. He's arrogant towards Ash like Paul put likes to make fun of him too, pretty much like Gary. But thats just my opinion, you can take whatever you feel into accord yourself.

I totally saw him leaving the competition after he lost coming, pretty much like Paul and Gary too. xD

Old July 24th, 2011 (12:52 AM).
Banned

... Really? Well, honestly to me, he seems a little like a mixture of Gary and Paul. He's arrogant towards Ash like Paul put likes to make fun of him too, pretty much like Gary. But thats just my opinion, you can take whatever you feel into accord yourself.

I totally saw him leaving the competition after he lost coming, pretty much like Paul and Gary too. xD
Well everyone is entitle to their own opinions.Trip isn't really the same like Gary or Paul,he is different personality wise and he is also a photograper who takes pictures ,since that is the only thig that makes him different.

I can't wait to see this episode air here.
Old July 24th, 2011 (8:13 AM).
Throw caution to the wind.

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Ducklighter Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ducklighter Send a message via Skype™ to Ducklighter
Good lord, I've been so busy to even watch the episodes and coming online. Not cool. I'm currently catching up and I can totally see where Mew is coming from. Trip is very similar to Paul and Gary on different but he's alot warmer to others and just seems to be solely cold to Ash.
Old August 2nd, 2011 (12:50 AM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

Heh, check this preview at, go to 17:10.

That's got to be a new move.

The battle between Excadrill and Pikachu looks really cool.

Old August 2nd, 2011 (1:36 AM).
Natural.....

Yes the battle looks awesome.

I doubt Ash will win since all of Pikachu's attack won't do much against Excadrill.
Old August 2nd, 2011 (1:39 AM).
let's get weird
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
The Excadrill V Pikachu looks awesome, tbh. I can't wait to see it. Axew's eyes turned red, didn't they? :x I wonder if it's something like Draco Meteor, if it a new move. Because it didn't look it was in the position to launch a physical attack... \: Meh, just speculation.

ask.fm // #1 // #2 // tumblr // twitter // 1349 6159 4149 // get weird
Old August 2nd, 2011 (4:32 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

LOL the only way Ash wins a league is with Victini. And I wouldn't rule Pikachu out. I mean this is anime logic here, he loses to Snivy but beats Excadrill that's the kind of thought process they go by. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes either way. I see Axew learning a new move, as to what that may be I have no idea.

Old August 2nd, 2011 (5:14 PM).
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky

Hm...
I wonder what's with Meowth? He looked like he was about to get caught by Iris.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old August 2nd, 2011 (5:18 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Team Rocket split up. We don't know if Meowth quit or got fired. Either way he is not with Jessie and James for the foreseeable future. If you want to look into it more there is an on going discussion in BW045 thread.

Old August 2nd, 2011 (5:28 PM).
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Ah; got confused by a second there. @_@

Hm; well, about the Iris vs Ash battle -- its a fair call; pokemon could beat any pokemon; like when Pikachu beat Blaine's Rhydon. :|

Well; I think maybe a draw is a possibility?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old August 2nd, 2011 (5:35 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Just about anything is a possibility at this point. I remember Pikachu using Electro Ball against Krokorok Stone Edge, and it shares Ground typing as well so the counter move does have an effect. As far as head on against Excadrill I dunno. Looks to be Electro Ball and Focus Blast neutralized each other so for all we know that could be a double KO.

Old August 4th, 2011 (10:18 PM).
Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Gold Tier

Nature: Rash
Preview for BW042, which is the last of the 4 don battle "series."

^mfw when Ash orders Pikachu to use Thunderbolt (or whatever Electric type move that is) on Excadrill...

Old August 5th, 2011 (3:54 AM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

That's gonna be "Don't be such a kid Ash" for the Dub. Heh. Well, other than that I can't wait. But then is this going to be one on one? If so, bleh.

Old August 5th, 2011 (2:45 PM). Edited August 6th, 2011 by Kenshin5.
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

As far as I know it's just Ash vs. Excadrill. Which would be a major let down. Don Tournament was so hyped and at the end of the day it really wasn't all that great. And I haven't even seen this weeks episode yet apparently the places I go to haven't uploaded it yet.

EDIT:
As usual Ash battle goes by so quick even though a portion of it was in the previous episode. Oh look at me I am going to counter Guillotine with Leaf Blade then follows up with Leaf Storm. I think they should have prolonged it a bit longer instead of adding all the dialogue after the match. I liked Cilan vs. Luke the stragegy employed by Luke with Larvesta encasing itself in the String to protect itself from Scald. Why can't Ash get smexy pokemon like Larvesta )=. I thought Kenyan Sawk was definitely the stronger and better pokemon, but obviously the best doesn't always win. Freaking Emolga and Attract abuse .

Old August 6th, 2011 (10:40 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

First it learns Dragon Rage and now Outrage. I wish they would just evolve it too Fraxure already. So much for a rivalry with Scraggy if their ever was one, looks like Axew is head and shoulders above him now. Also I question why Ash used Thunderbolt directly on Excadrill when he should have known it's Ground/Steel.

Old August 8th, 2011 (8:38 AM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

Well, I disagree, Axew needs a lot more development before it can become a Fraxure, or even a Haxorus to be honest. That Outrage looks kind of sinister though, I don't think it will be able to control it. I think theres going to be a whole matter of episodes showing Iris and Axew learning to control outrage.

Right now I can only see the match between Iris and Satoshi ending in a draw, which wouldn't suprise me...

Old August 8th, 2011 (10:15 AM).
Natural.....

Well, I disagree, Axew needs a lot more development before it can become a Fraxure, or even a Haxorus to be honest. That Outrage looks kind of sinister though, I don't think it will be able to control it. I think theres going to be a whole matter of episodes showing Iris and Axew learning to control outrage.
Just like chimchar wasn't able to control blaze maybe Axew will do the same with Outrage.
Old August 8th, 2011 (3:00 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

But why would they repeat the exact same thing they did with Dragon Rage? Oh no every time it learns a new attack it can't control it!

Old August 8th, 2011 (3:29 PM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Kenshin5:
But why would they repeat the exact same thing they did with Dragon Rage? Oh no every time it learns a new attack it can't control it!
I didn't mention it being like what they did with dragon rage, all Axew did with that was a sneeze/explosion. Judging by the picture and how sinister Axew's eyes look, it'll probably lose control, go mental and keep using the attack and not listen to Iris until it gets confused or something, pretty much like the games. And like TFP mentioned, a little like Chimchars blaze. Even by your perspective, the anime always does this sort of repetition, like disobedience, etc.

Old August 8th, 2011 (3:45 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

I just meant in terms of repetitive. I mean we already had Oshawott with it's Aqua Jet. I could see Axew have trouble with it due to fatigue causing it to become confused. I just don't want it too get overly repetitive and every time it learns a new move we are like oh great now it has to learn how to control it like last time.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links