Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Reload this Page Spoilers BW41-44 - Everyone Gathers! Don Battle!!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old August 9th, 2011 (10:50 PM).
LuffyxHancock Shipper

I wouldn't mind a tie between Ash and Iris I guess, than Ash wins in the last gym. However, I'd rather Ash win so it prooves hes getting better as the series moves on well.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old August 11th, 2011 (08:17 AM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

IRIS WON!!! :D

/That Outrage still looks sinister.

Well, I enjoyed the battle, Excadrill dominated Pikachu though, seriously. xD

I loved that scene with Dent and Cabernet when Iris and Satoshi's battle began was pretty cool. :3

End was sweet with the rest of the other rivals though.

Old August 11th, 2011 (08:52 AM).
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
I'm actually glad Iris won. C: Excadrill's first real win, isn't it? ;;

Although I was still hoping that other trainer was Tepig's older trainer. \: Since he had a Deerling and so did the trainer, right? Plus I always thought he was mysterious.

The next episode looks fun. :3 Scrafty and Manidubuzz. :D
And I won't let you down

1349 6159 4149 // black magic // get weird
Old August 11th, 2011 (09:05 AM). Edited August 11th, 2011 by 2Cool4Mewtwo.
Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Gold Tier

Nature: Rash
Words can't describe how much of a failure Ash is...

Using an Electric-type move against Ground type? Seriously??? (inb4ashisstillakid)

Old August 11th, 2011 (11:13 AM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by dragonomega:
I'm actually glad Iris won. C: Excadrill's first real win, isn't it? ;;
Not exactly, if you take a look at BW36, in one of Iris's flashbacks, she remembered a tournament she entered with Excadrill (when it was a Drilbur) and she got herself a 99 win streak with Drilbur evolving somewhat inbetween. She lost her 100th battle to Drayden.

Old August 12th, 2011 (11:32 AM).

ive been ripping the internet UP since yesterday and i still cant find the ash vs iris ep
and for some reason gogoanime is starting to screw up. they didnt even upload the emonga vs dageki ep from last week nor the ash vs iris ep from this week and theyve always had every episode put up instantly until now...
please help me
Old August 12th, 2011 (04:44 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Nature: Mild
I have noticed it since last week. Like today they are usually up by at least Friday.

It's above me why Ash is still making stupid moves like Thunderbolt on Excadrill this far along in the Saga. And before that Iris has Axew use Scratch on Golett. Now that the Tournament is over and I can look at all of it in retrospective I've got to say mediocore at best. For those who have been following this since the beginning this tour was so hyped for awhile and definitely didn't live up to it. I think everyone though were were going to get 3 vs. 3 at least at the final match and nothing happened. The way it was set up 1 vs. 1 seems lame. There seems to be more dialogue and batter then actually battles. I mean really the battle between Ash and Dino was what one clip that lasted 3-4 seconds talk about a battle. The only pokemon really really saw get development out of this was Axew. Sure Emolga won against Sawk, but it didn't seem like it changed anything with it.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old August 13th, 2011 (02:47 PM).
☼ Editor-in-Chief ☼

Nature: Bold
From reading posts from other on both PC and BMGF, I have to say I'm glad that I totally blanked on the hype for the Don Battles. In retrospect, they were rather boring and poorly-executed. Bianca and Zorua's "humorous interludes" were boring by episode 42, somebody should have learned to pronounce Kenyan's name by now, the battles were terribly balanced, there was little to no development with the Pokémon. And last but not least... I was getting sick of Dent being hyper-flamboyant. Once is amusing, but like seven times in as many episodes? No. He was starting to feel like old!James in terms of silliness. Ridiculous.

The only real appeal for me withing these episodes was the Cabernet/Dent interaction, the Langley/Iris rivalry, and the general camaraderie of the cast when not battling. Luke is an interesting character and I do hope he shows up again. Kenyan seems like he'll show up once in a while, though I hope someone gets his name right when he does. I am damn sick of Bel by now. Langley can come back any time as long as she's making good points and not just arguing for the sake of it. Cabernet seems to be more okay with Dent by now (hoo boy the SommelierShipping -_-;) which I suppose is good, though I liked her being a psycho *****. Dent needs to just like.. chill out and go back to being adorable and calm for a while. Ash needs to get his **** together and Iris... has been pretty cool lately.

So yeah. Don Battles kinda sucked; Meowth time s'il vous plaît.

AuriaDúlraHeiwaSaannYōko
Harper ♦ Sorley ♦ Bree ♦ Adrienne ♦ Shi Bao
Old August 13th, 2011 (03:28 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

The sad thing is you didn't miss anything. And Bianca going after Zorua ran dry after the first episodes. That detracted from the battles, she did horrible against Kenyan. At this point I really can't take her character seriously. And yes what development. It was almost nonexistent, at least with the pokemon. I think if anything the rivalries/relationships developed a bit between Burgundy/Cilan and Langley/Iris. Trip on the other hand was like I just want to get the hell out of here, Ash you can go die for all I care.

Half the battles were rushed(which of course it is too be expected), but to rush Ash battles(guess Dino wasn't an important battle but still). I think we will see most of the characters we saw in Don Battle again at some point. Obviously Trip(main rival), Bianca(reoccurring character), Burgundy(Cilan rival), Langley(Iris rival), Kenyan(I have a feeling he will meet up again at the Pokemon League, Luke(I am up in the air about him, he seems like a promising character to me so for him not to show up again I would be a bit disappointed).

All in all "It sucks" pretty much sums up my feelings for this arc. Next time we have a tour I am not going to buy into the hype, but just let the thing play out.

Old August 14th, 2011 (01:38 PM).
★七色に光る女★

Nature: Hasty
I never watched the first episode and the second episode, watched the third, and I am still looking for the video to the final episode. I was about to try again and look for the ones I didn't watch, but then the people above me are talking about how bad/terrible/horrible/disastrous (?) this arc was.

Um, should I even go back and watch the episodes I missed? ;3;

Azumi あずみ||:::
deviantart | tumblr | twitter||:::

「我に慢心を捨てろと来たか。||:::
つくづく厚顔なマスターよな!」||:::

Old August 14th, 2011 (02:05 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

If you don't want to hear the dialogue I just suggest fastfowarding to the battles. I actually like Ash vs. Burgundy and Trip vs. Cilan, but some were just plan mah.

Old August 15th, 2011 (07:34 AM).
What do I put here?
Gold Tier

I randomly skipped from the last dub episode to watch BW44, because the dub has started to annoy me again. I actually found this episode enjoyable (don't know about the rest of this arc) which is surprising as I've found BW to be pretty dull so far. Bianca was pretty amusing in this episode, and I'm surprised how much I can actually tolerate her when she has a decent voice (I haven't heard her Japanese voice before).

- OK- the rival theme is pretty cool. I know it's played in the dub, but you could barely hear it
- I like that there's dramatic music just for Dento showing them the food XD
- The ferris wheel looks absolutely amazing. But then, perhaps it's just that it's refreshing to not see a forest/generic city landscape in Pokemon o.O
- Dento does "it's tasting time" so much better than the French girl :P
- Does Iris's Exadril know Earthquake? Why isn't it using it? o.O
- lol, I like that Best Wishes instrumental starts playing, making you think Pikachu would win XD
- I'm glad Iris won. She is supposed to be the last gym leader, after all (even if she isn't in the anime)
Old August 25th, 2011 (02:58 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
I was annoyed by the Don Battle episodes.
Some of the battles were decent (especially Dent's), but seeing Emonga and Kibago win really bothered me.
Old August 25th, 2011 (03:09 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Static kind of dictated the outcome of the battle so Sawk, just ended up getting para haxed. And Iris didn't stray away from Attract either. Axew didn't really bother me since I see it developing into a strong pokemon one of this days.

Old October 9th, 2011 (10:23 AM).
What do I put here?
Gold Tier

OK, I just watched 43, and wtf was the point in Iris using Attract? All she did when it ended up affecting Sawk was just go in for Volt Switch o_O Why not just do that after the Hidden Power attacks? Weird.

And I could just slap Bianca, seriously.
Old October 9th, 2011 (10:50 AM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

She was trying to wear down Sawk and waiting to bide her time until Static took itself effect giving her the opportunity to strike. She knew that Attract wasn't a viable option after Sawk issued a barrage of Close Combats. And if it has any similar effects as it does in the game then Defense and Special Defense would be lowered with each barrage making it easy to take down when paralysis occurred.

And yeah Bianca is quite annoying. All see seems to do thus far is lose(on screen) and run into Ash knocking him into water. Outside of the Zorua antics which takes away from the battles imo.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)