Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center
Reload this Page Simple Q&A Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Old June 9th, 2011 (01:21 PM).
I'll always be an Outsider.
Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to solarowl
I'm a bit confused with Power items in breeding. How would you use them to pass down IVs?
Like, for example, let's say I had a Flawless Ditto and I put it and a Haxorus in Daycare, hoping for a maxed out IV in at least Attack. How would it work?
Old June 9th, 2011 (01:24 PM).
Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Depending no the power item, the corresponding IV will be passed down. A flawless Ditto with 31 Atk IVs will pass down those 31 IVs guaranteed (I think, not really sure if this true) if it's holding a Power Band I believe (whichever power item increases attack gain). It works the same for all other stats. The max you can pass down guaranteed is two, because each parent can hold one of the items. :P
Old June 9th, 2011 (01:25 PM).
Isolated System.

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by slickmario:
Meh, you're better of with Jolly. Adamant makes it stronger, but Speed is needed much more than Attack. Also, no need for all the Defense. Keep it at 4 HP, 252 Attack, and 252 Speed. Get rid of Fake Out and Protect, and replace them with Dragon Dance and Ice Punch. Give it a Life Orb, or Leftovers if you want it to last a long time (which it really isn't good at). And Hi Jump Kick might be better than Drain Punch, as HJK hits harder. But there is the risk of crashing and losing a lot of HP. Honestly, Conkeldurr is a much better Fighting type.
hmm i see your point. i have a jolly scrafty with the same ev spread you listed above. even with 252 EV's in speed and a jolly nature it still gets outsped by lots of threats, such as terrakion and mienshao. so i decided to max out attack and have an adamant nature while maxing out both defenses as much as possible so that it can be a tad bulkier. the reason i have fake out on it is to break focus sashes and cause a flinch right of the bat. protect is just to stall and scout moves, but i think ice punch would work much better, as you said
Old June 9th, 2011 (01:25 PM).
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by dreyko:
what do you think of this set for scrafty?

Nature: adamant
@ expert belt
ability: moxie/shed skin ( not sure which one)
252 Attack 126 Def 126 Spe. Def 4 speed

Drain punch
crunch
fake out
protect
I can see you're wanting to go for an offensive Scrafty set ;3

Scrafty @Leftovers
Trait: Jolly
Nature: Moxie if you're going for full out offensive, Shed Skin gives you a bit of security against Status effects
Ev's: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Hi Jump Kick/Drain Punch
- Ice Punch/Taunt

Dragon Dance boosts your mediocre speed and average attack, Crunch is a reliable STAB move, Hi Jump Kick is amazingly strong especially with STAB, however a 90% accuracy isn't the best. Drain Punch is weaker but is 100% accurate and also provides some sort of recovery, Ice Punch along with HJK/DP and Crunch let's you hit everything for at least neutral, although Taunt let's you go for those who try to taunt you.
And I won't let you down

1349 6159 4149 // black magic // get weird
Old June 9th, 2011 (01:34 PM).
Crystal Tier

hmm i see your point. i have a jolly scrafty with the same ev spread you listed above. even with 252 EV's in speed and a jolly nature it still gets outsped by lots of threats, such as terrakion and mienshao. so i decided to max out attack and have an adamant nature while maxing out both defenses as much as possible so that it can be a tad bulkier. the reason i have fake out on it is to break focus sashes and cause a flinch right of the bat. protect is just to stall and scout moves, but i think ice punch would work much better, as you said
Ice Punch lets you not get walled by the likes of Gliscor, who would otherwise laugh at your Drain Punch / Crunch combo and roost off the damage. And after a DD, Scrafty can outspeed base 101s positive natures (by 1 point exactly) with Jolly and that EV spread. Most notably, Thundurus. Also, he outspeeds non-scarf Garchomp and can hit hard with Ice Punch, although if they don't run scarf, they might run Yache, so be wary. I also recommend Drain Punch >> HJK because Drain Punch offers a much needed recovery for him. His DD set isn't as bulky as his stats make him out to be, and I also suggest Shed Skin so that you don't get demolished by a burn from Jellicent (who you would otherwise beat with a cute Crunch).
Old June 9th, 2011 (03:56 PM).
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Nature: Naughty
Since it wasn't addressed before (because I don't think it was noticed), can we get the thread titles back from the old Comp-Battling forum? In the old one, you could tag a thread by which Generation it belonged to, so we could judge it before we entered, i.e. [Gen V], [Gen IV], etc. I thought those were kind of nifty, even if 80% of them would be [Gen V] anyway.

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

→ Refresh for a different picture
→ White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756

whoever disabled my signature:
my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
i dont understand why it was disabled.
Old June 9th, 2011 (04:42 PM).
can you feel my heart?
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
If what you're looking for is a bulky set, I'd take a look at this:

name: Bulk Up
move 1: Bulk Up
move 2: Drain Punch
move 3: Crunch / Dragon Tail
move 4: Rest
item: Leftovers
ability: Shed Skin
evs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 SpD
nature: Careful

This lets him set up on quite a few special attackers with ease and at the same time boost his physical Defense and Attack with Bulk Up. Rest is for semi-reliable recovery (Shed Skin has a decent chance of knocking off the sleep turns before they should be over) and Drain Punch provides another form of recovery. This set abuses Scrafty's solid bulk much moreso than the DD set though it has more hard counters. Fighting+Dark gives near-perfect coverage (save Toxicroak and Heracross), but so does Fighting+Dragon and Dragon Tail allows you to phaze things trying to set up on you at the same time and/or rack up Spikes damage.

edit @ gymnotide: I'd go alert one of the mods, not post here.
Old June 9th, 2011 (05:18 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Gymnotide:
Since it wasn't addressed before (because I don't think it was noticed), can we get the thread titles back from the old Comp-Battling forum? In the old one, you could tag a thread by which Generation it belonged to, so we could judge it before we entered, i.e. [Gen V], [Gen IV], etc. I thought those were kind of nifty, even if 80% of them would be [Gen V] anyway.
Wolflare has informed me that he posted a request to get this added to the forum back when CBC was opened up. They haven't gotten around to it I guess. Just be patient and I'm sure it'll be up within the week. :]
Old June 10th, 2011 (11:52 AM).

i really like typhlosion and charizard, they both have the exact same base stats so whaich ones should i use and what moveset for them?
Old June 10th, 2011 (12:17 PM).
can you feel my heart?
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by csa99:
i really like typhlosion and charizard, they both have the exact same base stats so whaich ones should i use and what moveset for them?
They're both fairly unpopular although they do each have an individual niche. Typhlosion is known for a Scarf Eruption set which has to be run with a spinner or else the whole point (bringing it in with full health to get max damage) is moot due to its SR weak. Charizard will also need a rapid spinner unless you want it to be dead the second time you switch it in. ;x

Charizard's set works best with Drought - utilizing a Specs/Scarf set with the ability Solar Power which is obtainable through Dream World. Its Fire Blast receives the equivalent of 3 STAB boosts - meaning, you're gonna burn anything in your way to ashes. The Specs set 2HKOs Blissey/Chansey in the sun. That's how strong it is. ;x

Really, the only reason to use those is for their STAB Fire moves. You can run other coverage moves (like Air Slash on Charizard and Hidden Powers etc) but mostly you'll be spamming those moves so you won't have to have much else on them. 252/252 Modest/Timid is probably good for both.
Old June 10th, 2011 (09:01 PM).
Hoenn champ

Hi I'm working on a normal monotype team for some fun with my friends and was constructing a blissey because it just seems to be a special wall.

My moves are:

Seismic toss- seems like a bread & butte move for it to me.
Shadow ball- gets what seismic toss can't
Softboiled- heals
Toxic- helps in withering away opponents

Any advice on that is appreciated but what I realy would like to know is a useful item and sugjested evs for this set.
Old June 10th, 2011 (09:33 PM).
Crystal Tier

WishBliss is Blissey's best set, although it's not completely accessible on Wifi I do believe. :x If you're playing on Pokemon Online, this shouldn't be a problem, so here:

Blissey@Leftovers
Bold Nature [+Def; -Atk]
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- Wish
- Protect / Softboiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss / Flamethrower

The Toxic / Flamethrower combo is only walled by Heatran, and the Seismic Toss / Toxic combo is only walled by Gengar. Protect / Softboiled is preference. Protect and Wish basically does the same, but sometimes can be risky to try and pull of, but also allows for Toxic stalling where needed. With Softboiled you don't have to worry about any of the problems that Protect / Wish have.
Old June 11th, 2011 (02:38 PM).
[untitled]

Nature: Docile
I'm looking for a Weezing Counter for RU, maybe one with good synergy with Weezing, Electavire, Moltres, Krookodile and Grotle?

Thanks in advanced!
Old June 11th, 2011 (03:04 PM).
can you feel my heart?
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by chaos11011:
I'm looking for a Weezing Counter for RU, maybe one with good synergy with Weezing, Electavire, Moltres, Krookodile and Grotle?

Thanks in advanced!
I dunno anything that directly counters it but I'd think anything with any kind of special attack or "insert-psychic-move" would maul it, easy. Looking through the RU thread as well, it seems like Weezing isn't too incredibly popular anyway... why be worried about it? Oh, notably, Cresselia's in that tier. You could use that.

Also why are you using Grotle and not Torterra? I'm pretty sure he's not used enough to be in UU lol ;-;
Old June 11th, 2011 (04:28 PM).
Isolated System.

whats a good moveset for gigalith and zoroark?
thanks in advance =)
Old June 11th, 2011 (04:36 PM).
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
whats a good moveset for gigalith and zoroark?
thanks in advance =)
Gigalith @Custap Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
Ability: Sturdy
-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Explosion

That's a lead set for Gigalith orrr there's a LO set;

Gigalith @Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
Ability: Sand Force
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Explosion
-Return

As for Zorrroooo they're are many sets;

Zoroark @Life Orb
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
-Night Daze
-Focus Blast
-Flamethrower/Extrasensory
-Nasty Plot

This is his NP special sweeping set

Zoroark @Life Orb
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
-Sucker Punch/Night Slash
-Low Sweep
-Flamethrower
-Swords Dance

This is the physical equivalent to the special sweeper set.

Zoroark @Choice Scarf
EVs: 6 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive/Timid Nature
-Night Daze
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast
-U-Turn

Choice scarf set, let's Zoroark abuse his high stats without boosts. <:
And I won't let you down

1349 6159 4149 // black magic // get weird
Old June 12th, 2011 (09:02 AM).
[untitled]

Quote originally posted by Vrai:
Also why are you using Grotle and not Torterra? I'm pretty sure he's not used enough to be in UU lol ;-;
Eviolite Grotle bro. It's surprisingly bulky and can use Leech Seed to support my team members. It's also my Stealth Rock poke.
Old June 12th, 2011 (07:30 PM).
White Kyurem Cometh
Gold Tier

Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
I would like to ask what you recommend for an in-game moveset for a female Unfezant (currently a Tranquill). I originally bred her to a Pidove, and through this, I taught her Hypnosis, which I would like to keep. What I was thinking was Fly, Hypnosis, Toxic, and Return or Giga Impact. What would you guys recommend?
Old June 12th, 2011 (08:49 PM).
For my next trick...
Crystal Tier

Nature: Impish
Unfezant is a terrible Pokemon competitively, due to it's average stats and terrible movepool, but if you're insistent on using one, here's what I'd recommend.

Unfezant @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Trait: Super Luck
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
- Hypnosis
- Aerial Ace/Pluck
- Return
- U-Turn

This is honestly the best thing you're going to get from Unfezant if you ask me.
Old June 12th, 2011 (11:12 PM).
love below
Gold Tier

Thanks in advanced!
Alakazam seems like what you're looking for. It's powerful special attack should make quick work of Weezing's less than steller SpDef.

Also, do you have a rapid spinner on this team? Moltres might not enjoy 50% of his health being eaten by Rocks, Claydol might prove useful as a wall and rapid spinner, you should look into using it.

paired to kaori & vrai
Old June 13th, 2011 (06:52 AM).
[untitled]

Karpman, with Moltres the only SR weak Pokemon in this team, I don't think a Rapid Spinner will be needed. Also, thank you Karpman, I'm going to test Alakazam now.
Old June 13th, 2011 (07:48 AM).
can you feel my heart?
Crystal Tier

Karpman, with Moltres the only SR weak Pokemon in this team, I don't think a Rapid Spinner will be needed. Also, thank you Karpman, I'm going to test Alakazam now.
It's still almost necessary to get one since you'll be 2HKO'd just by switching in and out, unless you want to make one of your Pokemon dead weight after it's switched in once. ;-;
Old June 13th, 2011 (09:47 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
Alakazam is in RU? That's below UU right? Color me surprised, what with Magic Guard.
Old June 13th, 2011 (03:32 PM).
Isolated System.

hows my set for Krookodile looking?

krookodile @ focus sash
Adamant
ability: intimidate
4 HP 252 Attack 252 Speed

foul play
earthquake
protect
dragon claw

i will be using it for double battles. protect is to scout moves and everything else is for type coverage. dragon claw takes care of most dragon types and foul play and EQ are strong STAB moves.
Old June 13th, 2011 (06:00 PM).
Crystal Tier

You're going to want to work your set around a little, as Dragon Claw, sure it hits dragons, but it hits nothing else. Dragon-type moves should stay on solely dragons because they get the STAB bonus. Try this set out:

Krookodile@Life Orb / Focus Sash / Expert Belt
Adamant or Jolly Nature [+Atk; -SpA] [+Spe; -SpA] (respectively)
Ability: Intimidate if you want more bulk, Moxie if you want to sweep
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Protect / Bulk Up

Foul Play isn't that reliable of a move, since it uses the opponent's attack stat instead of yours (say you attack Blissey with it, you'll do very little damage). Crunch is more reliable and has plenty of power for a more reliable method of hitting pokemon. Earthquake is good, but Dragon Claw, as mentioned earlier, doesn't really offer much coverage. Stone Edge when paired with Earthquake offers amazing coverage, and with Crunch thrown into the mix, the only pokemon that resist all of these moves are Breloom and Virizion. Everything else will be hit for neutral damage. Protect is a good scouting ability for doubles I guess (I don't play doubles much) and can help you keep yourself safe from moves like Surf and the like, but if you ever find it becoming useless for whatever reason, Krook appreciates Bulk Up to help out his defense stat, and hit harder with his amazing coverage. :]

Hope this helps. :]

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)