Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center
Reload this Page Simple Q&A Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Old May 20th, 2012 (07:29 AM).

Hate to ask another question so soon, but: are HG/SS pokemon in the same tiers as S/G???
Old May 20th, 2012 (07:33 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Obesesniper93:
Hate to ask another question so soon, but: are HG/SS pokemon in the same tiers as S/G???
No, a lot has changed since then. :( Two entirely different metagames. XD;

Tiers for G/S are listed right here.
Old May 20th, 2012 (07:34 AM).
Dream Evil.
Gold Tier

Nature: Impish
Nope, GS and gen 4 are totally different metgames (understatement) and should be treated as such.

http://www.smogon.com/gs/pokemon/

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/
Since the beginning of time, man has sought to know the unimaginable. To shake hands with the intangible. To measure the abstract with concrete gauges, to fit the mind of the infinite within the imagination of the finite. Nevermore.

Old May 20th, 2012 (09:58 AM).
Cool like that...

Nature: Relaxed
I haven't acquired all of them, so I don't have the IVs.

Porygon-Z
Dusknoir
Meganium
Wailord
Altaria
Flareon

I didn't have room for a psychic, so just please give some CC. (constructive criticism)
Old May 20th, 2012 (10:18 AM).

Dusclops outclasses Dusknoir in every way possible. The only thing Dusknoir beats Dusclops at is being a physical attacker. Even then it's not very good at that. I'll add some more criticism in a minute.

----------------------------------
White FC: 2580 7669 3124
Platinum FC: 5028 8983 1499
Old May 20th, 2012 (10:40 AM).
Cool like that...

Yes, I may replace Flareon, possibly dusknoir with another ghost/dark type.
Old May 20th, 2012 (11:12 AM).

It's very difficult to rate a team when we don't know anything beyond the team members.

Try to include Natures, Items, EVs, Movesets, and Abilities so we can help you much more efficiently.
Old May 20th, 2012 (12:30 PM).

Quote originally posted by Porynoir:
Yes, I may replace Flareon, possibly dusknoir with another ghost/dark type.
I'm telling you, Dusclops is an amazing wall. It absorbs outrages then burns the outragers. It is amazing.

Old May 20th, 2012 (01:12 PM).
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
You need to include Ev's, Nature's, moves and everything else. If you cannot find out that information on your game then use Pokemon Online; it's what everyone else does.

And I agree with A Sadistic Bastard, Dusclops is way better than Dusknoir, but it has to hold an Eviolite.
it'll keep you up all night

boy you belong to me
i got the recipe
and it's called black magic

1349 6159 4149 // black magic
Old May 20th, 2012 (01:35 PM).

I see some problems with this. The point of getting one's team rated is to see how it may improve from past experience. If you haven't even acquired all the Pokemon, then you shouldn't be posting. Secondly, what tier is this? It looks like UU or RU by the Pokemon you're using. Are you new to this? I am too, but at least I know how to do it properly.
Old May 20th, 2012 (03:08 PM). Edited May 20th, 2012 by Obesesniper93.

Hey, guys and girls.
As some of you know, I'm just starting to get involved in IV breeding and Ev training, prepping for online battles in the near future.

My first question is: I already have a team(for getting through the game) around level 60; how do I see/calculate/find out what EV's they already have? Will I have to start over and just keep track?

My second question is this: How do you find out/learn which wild pokemon provide what EV boosts?
Old May 20th, 2012 (03:22 PM).

Nature: Lonely
Hey, well I'm on the same(or similar) situation that you are. The best way to calculate them is manually, but I know there are some IV checkers and stuff like that. On the EV yield, I found on some pages , you should try searching for "ev yield per pokemon" and maybe you'll find something that helps you out.

Old May 20th, 2012 (03:24 PM).

Use pokecheck.org. Don't ask me how to use it. Just follow the instructions.

Old May 20th, 2012 (03:26 PM).

Yes sir, Bastard, sir... Thanks
Old May 21st, 2012 (10:06 PM).
BarkleyBlueBark

Emboar
Honchkrow
Galvantulla/lanturn
Executor/torterra
I need help ev training and adding to my team
Old May 22nd, 2012 (02:26 AM).

Ermmmm... You're missing alot here. Everything from moves to EV spreads. xD

At any rate, I recommend you get rid of Emboar for just about anything, really... Conkeldurr would probably be a much better fit. Definitely go for Galvantula over Lanturn, and Torterra over Exeggutor. As much as I love the egg-tree, he's not exactly all that good at doing his job. lol

Now to fill the team to capacity, you could run an Alakazam with a Choice Specs set if you want and possibly a Claydol for walling.

(I'll leave movesets and spreads to somebody else, because I don't have time to post any right now)
Old May 22nd, 2012 (04:18 AM).
can you feel my heart?
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote originally posted by Folly~:
Ermmmm... You're missing alot here. Everything from moves to EV spreads. xD
Come back with movesets and a full team and I'd be happy to help rate your team. Testing would also be nice. :)
Old May 22nd, 2012 (06:06 AM). Edited May 22nd, 2012 by Tarje.
BarkleyBlueBark

I've just been training a bigger variety but not ev training. What about swanna wit dive/fly/ leftovers what do u think of that I lovee swanna for some reason emboars never really let me down and I been really considering a porygon just not sure which one.

Galvantulla wit compound eyes for speed and special attack right
I was thinking of using a bastiodon too great defense and it can learn almost anything I'm actually new on ev training playing hack games on my phone are the ev stats the same here
Old May 22nd, 2012 (11:02 AM).

Do you think this would be a good strategy? A Jolly Krookodile with EV's in Attack and Speed to get a boost from a Baton Pass with Swords Dance. Im thinking Scizor due to the solid D and only weakness being fire.
Old May 22nd, 2012 (11:57 AM).
can you feel my heart?
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
BP Scizor doesn't exist anymore and Krookodile is too slow/frail to take advantage of whatever is switching in on Scizor. Moxie Salamence would be a better target in general as it resists Fire and can smash Skarmory with Fire Blast or the like

Regardless I don't think I would try for something so specific like that. Scizor really shouldn't be trying to BP things, probably because you would rather be using them yourself or else you get Whirlwinded away by stuff like Skarmory
Old May 22nd, 2012 (12:12 PM).
Dream Evil.
Gold Tier

Nature: Impish
Mew and Gorebyss are essentially the best passers in the game. So id use one of those tbh.

Plus Scrafty outclasses Krookodile as a receiver as its alot bulkier and isnt as easy to pick off with priority, that and it still gets moxie.
Since the beginning of time, man has sought to know the unimaginable. To shake hands with the intangible. To measure the abstract with concrete gauges, to fit the mind of the infinite within the imagination of the finite. Nevermore.

Old May 22nd, 2012 (04:32 PM).
III Generation Enthusiast

Nature: Modest
Basically what's listed up. I understood that EV's only take their true full potential when battling at the highest levels. I could be wrong, could somebody tell me?
Old May 22nd, 2012 (04:36 PM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

EV training is fine at any level but you won't see the full effects of the training until level 100. However, you can tell if it's done properly much earlier if you keep track of the EVs and talk to one of the people in-game about whether a stat is maxed or not.
Old May 23rd, 2012 (11:09 AM).

this is about the 3rd time ive actually tried EV training, i messed up on some of my team along the line and there EV's got to spread out, im using HG/SS. so do i now basically just use E.V berries to take away the EV's in the stats i dont want and start over on the stats i want trained?

(i did it correctly with my alakazam and he came out amazingly, he stomps over anyone who hasnt the slightest clue what their getting into when i tell them im a "competitive" player)

And as for a final member to my team im not to sure what i want. so suggestions? i was thinking snorlax

i am running

Alakazam
Infernape
Kingdra
Salamance (shiny :])
Umbreon
?

the snorlax i have has great IV's and has a lowered speed increased attack nature. and if you agree with the snorlax EV distribution suggestions? i was thinking defence, hp, and the rest in atk.
Answers on EV training and suggestions please!
Old May 23rd, 2012 (07:42 PM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by Cyanide:
this is about the 3rd time ive actually tried EV training, i messed up on some of my team along the line and there EV's got to spread out, im using HG/SS. so do i now basically just use E.V berries to take away the EV's in the stats i dont want and start over on the stats i want trained?

(i did it correctly with my alakazam and he came out amazingly, he stomps over anyone who hasnt the slightest clue what their getting into when i tell them im a "competitive" player)

And as for a final member to my team im not to sure what i want. so suggestions? i was thinking snorlax

i am running

Alakazam
Infernape
Kingdra
Salamance (shiny :])
Umbreon
?

the snorlax i have has great IV's and has a lowered speed increased attack nature. and if you agree with the snorlax EV distribution suggestions? i was thinking defence, hp, and the rest in atk.
Answers on EV training and suggestions please!
Your Snorlax has a Brave nature, correct? A -Speed natured Pokemon is better suited for Trick Room teams, but Snorlax is very slow anyway, so I'll let that slide. The ideal spread for an offensive Snorlax would be 80 HP/252 Atk/176 SDef or 40 HP/252 Atk/40 Def/176 SDef for maximum power and good bulk. And here's a set that takes advantage of that spread:
-Return/Body Slam
-Earthquake/Crunch
-Fire Punch/Crunch
-Pursuit
Nature: Brave
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 SDef or 40 HP/252 Atk/40 Def/176 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb/Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)