Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 15th, 2011 (01:21 PM).
flamehaze94
Jeste!

Nature: Timid
Timezone stands at UTC-8. I'll probably just pitch in with the classes and help out the newer players. The tournaments I'll participate in too (there needs to be Ubers, srsly). I could be like the last boss or something.
Old June 15th, 2011 (02:23 PM).
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Amore1994 (I'm not actually on the server yet, but Amore's been taken so I have to use that on everywhere else)

Timezone: GMT

What do you feel you need to work on the most? Well, all the changes from Gen V. Team building, and a little bit of everything else wouldn't help - my prediction's not bad, but it'll be worse transitioning from Gen IV to Gen V.

Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? Well, I'm finished school from 1st July onwards, but looking to get a job, so I could imagine the only day I will be reliably available will be Sunday. May change once I get a job.

Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself?
Umm...hi guys, I'm back...again :P
Old June 15th, 2011 (03:38 PM).
EternalLoathing
Challenge Stalker

is registering stil opened?

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Reborn / Dracon Ometeor
Timezone: -3
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Iv Training
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? I'll be unavailable between 7:00 to 13),and soemtimes 17:30 to 20:00 (GMT-3)
Old June 15th, 2011 (03:50 PM).
Exile
confectionery behemoth
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by EternalLoathing:
is registering stil opened?

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Reborn / Dracon Ometeor
Timezone: -3
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Iv Training
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? I'll be unavailable between 7:00 to 13),and soemtimes 17:30 to 20:00 (GMT-3)
Quote originally posted by dragonomega:
OMG Finally! 8D /signs.

Going for tutor this time around! :3

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Dracon Ometeor / Afternoon Delight / Rarity
Timezone: GMT +1
What aspect of competitive battling are you best at? Synergy and Prediction, although Team Building is kinda above average. (:
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? lol work? I'm at school Mon-Fri and I'm there from like 8:30 - 15:30 I'll specify any other time off and junk.
Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? I got into competitive battling a lot more when Gen V came out, so I guess Gen V is also a strong point for me. :3
Wait, so you two are different people? Odd coincidence with the server aliases there.

paired to kaori & vrai
Old June 15th, 2011 (03:57 PM).
Vrai
can you feel my heart?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote originally posted by flamehaze94:
Timezone stands at UTC-8. I'll probably just pitch in with the classes and help out the newer players. The tournaments I'll participate in too (there needs to be Ubers, srsly). I could be like the last boss or something.
we'd branch out into other tiers if we could but it might be trying to put too much pressure on the new players, forcing them to try and figure out two metagames at once
Old June 15th, 2011 (04:31 PM).
flamehaze94
Jeste!

haha That was more self-interest than anything. Maybe it can be a "for fun" kinda thing. But you're right OU should be enough for now.
Old June 15th, 2011 (04:31 PM).
cbd98
A bouquet of oopsie dasies

Nature: Relaxed
SIGN ME UP!!! im eastern timezone, my PO name is probably gunna be cbd98, and im available most nights after 9 until like 10 or 10:30. also once i get good i could sign up as a tutor since i like helping out others when ive been helped, i just like paying it foward.

Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. -Karen

We are all books because we have spines and stories to tell.

Ground Monotype for the Ultimate Pokecommunity League
Old June 15th, 2011 (04:38 PM).
Vrai
can you feel my heart?
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by flamehaze94:
haha That was more self-interest than anything. Maybe it can be a "for fun" kinda thing. But you're right OU should be enough for now.
haha yeah. once we get past this first class or two then we can probably consider more variety with the tournaments but the interest isn't that big yet. :)

Quote originally posted by cbd98:
SIGN ME UP!!! im eastern timezone, my PO name is probably gunna be cbd98, and im available most nights after 9 until like 10 or 10:30. also once i get good i could sign up as a tutor since i like helping out others when ive been helped, i just like paying it foward.
that'd be great. :)
Old June 15th, 2011 (05:12 PM).
TwilightBlade
Protect his very soul.

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Valkyrie
Timezone: Eastern UTC -4
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Team Building Basics, especially synergy+cores, and Battling Strategy, especially prediction+focus throughout the battle.
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? I'm out Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4 to 8 pm. I always have coursework due online on random days so my free-time varies. I don't wake up early. Prime time is the weekend.

Old June 15th, 2011 (07:09 PM).
Black Ice
[XV]

HEY I'M A BEGINNER

One-on-one:
PC Pokémon Online Server Username: BlackIce
Timezone: GMT-6
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Team building
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? Tuesday & Thursday 5-9pm, out of town July 2-13
Old June 15th, 2011 (11:11 PM).
mzmingle
Okay What?...

so you can't do this with WiFi?
Well thats leaving me out again, i can't download it...
Old June 15th, 2011 (11:40 PM).
Beechlgz
Advanced Trainer

I wanna try the group sessions. I'm a complete newbie, I don't know anything except what I've read in tutorials. I've wanted to get into competitive battling since about 10 years ago but I never had access to opponents until generation 5 (just got a wireless capable modem). I didn't even know there were online battle simulators until I read this thread. I keep getting thrashed in battles on my White version and have an abysmal battle record of about 5 or 6 losses and 1 win (I think the win was luck).

I'm available (GMT time):

Monday: 7:30-9:30
Tuesday: 9:00-9:30
Wednesday: 6:00-9:30
Thursday: 9:00-9:30
Friday: 6:00-9:30
Saturday: Any Time
Sunday: Any Time
* A working PvP battle system using stats and levels. * Activities and NPCs. * Journeys and catching wild pokemon. * Gym badge collection. * Alignments and classes. * Teams good and bad. * Much more...
Old June 15th, 2011 (11:49 PM).
.Aero
Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by mzmingle:
so you can't do this with WiFi?
Well thats leaving me out again, i can't download it...
What's the problem with the download? If you PM/VM me, Wolf, or Vrai, we could probably assist you with fixing any problems you have with your downloading. If you physically cannot get it because you're using a home computer/parent's computer that you're not aloud to download stuff on, then I understand.

But yeah, it's Pokemon Online specific because it allows optimal teaching tools. Teams can be made on the fly and you don't have to spend forever building a team in Wifi only to find out that the Gliscor you trained for the team isn't performing as well as you had though, and then having to replace it by training another pokemon (all this can be done in mere minutes in PO).
Old June 16th, 2011 (01:26 AM).
GingerTom
<--made in 5 minutes :/

I don't really go on PO much, but have it on my computer and would like to learn :D
PC Pokémon Online Server Username: GingerTom (how imaginative...)

Timezone: GMT+1 (Daylight Savings Time)

What do you feel you need to work on the most?: Battle strategies, predicting the opponents next move, and team building

Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)?: River Fishing season opens this Friday, so will be away fishing most Saturdays. I will be partying on Friday nights (Rebecca Black reference not intentional) however I have left school and will be available most weekdays.

Is there anything you'd like to include about yourself?: I joined PC for the battle centre and quick battle and have found that I lost most battles, so here I am
Old June 16th, 2011 (02:08 AM).
Impo
Playhouse Pokemon
Community Supporter

i'd like to sign-up for one-on-one tutoring and classes, please. I'm going to be away for a couple of weeks, though, so I can be put on the bottom of the list, I don't mind.

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Impo
Timezone: GMT+9.30
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Predicting, Synergy, Strategy. Mostly things for in-battle and team making.
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? Currently I go to school for eight hours a day, and I will be going on holiday until July 1st
#440 Happiny
Supporter Collab January 2015
Trade Shop | Trade Review
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
paired to Perrie ✿ & Sodom
Old June 16th, 2011 (02:10 AM).
Vrai
can you feel my heart?
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by .Aero:
What's the problem with the download? If you PM/VM me, Wolf, or Vrai, we could probably assist you with fixing any problems you have with your downloading. If you physically cannot get it because you're using a home computer/parent's computer that you're not aloud to download stuff on, then I understand.

But yeah, it's Pokemon Online specific because it allows optimal teaching tools. Teams can be made on the fly and you don't have to spend forever building a team in Wifi only to find out that the Gliscor you trained for the team isn't performing as well as you had though, and then having to replace it by training another pokemon (all this can be done in mere minutes in PO).
Yep, I'd just like to repeat all of this, plus note that Pokémon Online is also used because we have a chat system-thing that we can utilize kinda as the group classroom. If you're unable to join the sessions, however, we still will post the logs and teams to be read over. You can still look over what all went on and what was discussed but if you can't get PO you are missing out on the biggest portion of it, which is to say actually being a part of it.
Old June 16th, 2011 (02:20 AM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Vaporeon7
Timezone: +9:30
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Battling, building teams and predicting.
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)?
Is Vrai a teacher?
Old June 16th, 2011 (05:49 AM). Edited June 16th, 2011 by WishCookie.
WishCookie
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Nature: Jolly
Hi, i would like to sign up, but there is a problem. When i'm going to register i need to enter a password as you know. But when i'm trying to join servers it says that i'm disconnected and banned for some reason. I started to play Pokemon Online for like two days ago.

Does someone know what the problem is? I would be greatful if someone could give me an answer. =)
Old June 16th, 2011 (06:53 AM).
Chaosreins21
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Skype™ to Chaosreins21
Student

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Chaosreins21
Timezone: utc -4
What do you feel you need to work on the most? battle strategies, team building, move sets, winning

im online all day so time dont matter
Old June 16th, 2011 (07:16 AM).
jabberjabber8
../\..

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jabberjabber8 Send a message via Skype™ to jabberjabber8
I will put my self forward as a 5th gen OU tutor, I don't really no my time zone to be honest so im just going to say england...

Rumble rock is back, expect a BETA soon.
Old June 16th, 2011 (08:18 AM). Edited June 16th, 2011 by Yono.
Yono
Creepin' and Crawlin'

Registering as a student.

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Yono
Timezone: EST
What do you feel you need to work on the most?: Team Building/Prediction
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule: Currently I"m available only on Mondays and Tuesdays (11 AM - 3 PM). I'll try to be during these times. Hopefully I don't miss out.

3DS FC: 3995 6732 6792
Old June 16th, 2011 (08:33 AM).
Vrai
can you feel my heart?
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by jabberjabber8:
I will put my self forward as a 5th gen OU tutor, I don't really no my time zone to be honest so im just going to say england...
Hi. While it's wonderful that you want to be a tutor for us, there are three prerequisites that we want all the tutors to be able to fulfill: Firstly, you have to know what you're doing. You don't have to be amazing, just good enough to be able to pass on knowledge. Secondly, we want to be able to know you'll be a good tutor. We want to know if you'll be able to take people's misunderstandings and show them the right way without degrading them or insulting them or anything (not saying you would, but... it's always a possibility). Lastly we want tutors to be active. I don't think I've ever seen you active in S&M, CBC, or just the PO server. If you want to tutor, that's great and awesome but we need you to prove that you can fill these three criterion before you can be accepted.

Quote originally posted by WishCookie:
Hi, i would like to sign up, but there is a problem. When i'm going to register i need to enter a password as you know. But when i'm trying to join servers it says that i'm disconnected and banned for some reason. I started to play Pokemon Online for like two days ago.

Does someone know what the problem is? I would be greatful if someone could give me an answer. =)
Try using a different username. Sometimes you might use one that's already registered and if you type in the wrong password it disconnects you.
Old June 16th, 2011 (08:39 AM).
PinkPirate
Skitty's Girls League Owner

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: PinkPirate
Timezone: UTC -4
What do you feel you need to work on the most? I know so close to nothing that it surprises even myself.
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? Name a time and I will make it work.
Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? Hmmmmmmm. Not really. I have social anxiety disorder, so I may not say much during classes. But don't worry, I will be learning....quietly.

League Owner of Skitty's Girls League (Official)

Old June 16th, 2011 (08:42 AM).
DavidBarnes
Forever young.

Nature: Gentle
PC Pokémon Online Server Username: DavidBarnes (Big Shocker, right?)
Timezone: GMT Pacific -8
What do you feel you need to work on the most? I really think my biggest thing is EV & IV's.
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? I'm usually home around 7 PM through the night. But sometimes, I will just stay home alllll day.
Old June 16th, 2011 (08:59 AM).
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by DavidBarnes:
PC Pokémon Online Server Username: DavidBarnes (Big Shocker, right?)
Timezone: GMT Pacific -8
What do you feel you need to work on the most? I really think my biggest thing is EV & IV's.
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? I'm usually home around 7 PM through the night. But sometimes, I will just stay home alllll day.
I don't see why you need to work on these the most... I mean, Ev's and Iv's are really easy on PO. On PO, it's set to 31/31/31/31/31/31, the only time it's changed is when you set a Hidden Power, which are automatically set to the Hidden Power's spread. Ev's are easy as well, just type in what Ev's you want on your Pokemon. If it's not this, please could you elaborate on what you mean?

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links