Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center
Notices

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 16th, 2011, 09:38 AM
jabberjabber8
../\..

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jabberjabber8 Send a message via Skype™ to jabberjabber8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrai
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberjabber8
Originally Posted by jabberjabber8
I will put my self forward as a 5th gen OU tutor, I don't really no my time zone to be honest so im just going to say england...
Hi. While it's wonderful that you want to be a tutor for us, there are three prerequisites that we want all the tutors to be able to fulfill: Firstly, you have to know what you're doing. You don't have to be amazing, just good enough to be able to pass on knowledge. Secondly, we want to be able to know you'll be a good tutor. We want to know if you'll be able to take people's misunderstandings and show them the right way without degrading them or insulting them or anything (not saying you would, but... it's always a possibility). Lastly we want tutors to be active. I don't think I've ever seen you active in S&M, CBC, or just the PO server. If you want to tutor, that's great and awesome but we need you to prove that you can fill these three criterion before you can be accepted.
firstly I do no what I am doing I was a total novice a month ago (you may have seen some post here by me) but I have spent the last month on PO and I would be happy to demonstrate that you any time
secondly, well i have never been a tutor before I am just looking for a project to do over the holidays. so i guess there is only one way to find out if i will be helpful or not.
lastly I am not active on the competitive battle forum here because i use smogon forum for that sort of thing. (I use this forum for rom hacking just noticed the banner and decided to check it out) and as for the PO sever i use the tree house server, i used to use the PC server but there was never any one on.

Sorry about the short post earlier, if you have any more questions please feel free...

Rumble rock is back, expect a BETA soon.
Old June 16th, 2011, 09:51 AM
WishCookie
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrai View Post

Hi. While it's wonderful that you want to be a tutor for us, there are three prerequisites that we want all the tutors to be able to fulfill: Firstly, you have to know what you're doing. You don't have to be amazing, just good enough to be able to pass on knowledge. Secondly, we want to be able to know you'll be a good tutor. We want to know if you'll be able to take people's misunderstandings and show them the right way without degrading them or insulting them or anything (not saying you would, but... it's always a possibility). Lastly we want tutors to be active. I don't think I've ever seen you active in S&M, CBC, or just the PO server. If you want to tutor, that's great and awesome but we need you to prove that you can fill these three criterion before you can be accepted.

Try using a different username. Sometimes you might use one that's already registered and if you type in the wrong password it disconnects you.
Thank you so much, i will try. =)

Diamond: 3782 4821 8857
HeartGold: 3740 9024 2026
Black: 3181 8256 6904
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y: 1993 8202 9620
Old June 16th, 2011, 10:11 AM
poopnate
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lonely
I've messed around on Shoddy, but I've never battled with GenV and I'm still horrible, so sign me up. :D

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: poopnate
Timezone: -5UTC
What do you feel you need to work on the most?: Predicting and GenV
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule: I'm on Holiday, so I'm free whenever!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithtism View Post
Then I now pronounce you man and Pokemon. You may kiss the Meloetta.
Current Challenges:

Nuzlocke SoulSilver

Completed Challenges:

None
Old June 16th, 2011, 10:29 AM
WishCookie

So, i'd like to join as a student so here we go!

PC Pokémon Online Server Username:WishCookie

Timezone: Sweden GMT +1

What do you feel you need to work on the most? I think i need to work pertty much at stats, abillities and nature. I think i need to work on my teams attack combination as well, i also need to train much at Ev and Iv training.

Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)?
I'm on holiday, i'm free in three months. So I will be active every day. But i will also be active after the holiday because i got alot of freetime but after the summer i'm going to school from 8:30 to 15:40 and after that i'm all free. I will do my best to be a good student and succeé. =)

Last edited by WishCookie; June 18th, 2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Forgott to writte down some things
Old June 16th, 2011, 10:48 AM
wolf

thanks everyone for signing up! i will most likely decide on a date for the first class soon, and will probably close the sign ups for the one-on-one tutoring soon if we have enough tutors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzmingle View Post
so you can't do this with WiFi?
Well thats leaving me out again, i can't download it...
i decided that if the members who can't use pokemon online, and use pc's irc, they can still join if we have enough tutors that can teach there. that's only for the one-on-one tutoring though, and not the classes (like vrai said, the log will be posted, but you won't be able to experience it).

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
Is Vrai a teacher?
yes.
pc battle server • skype: awolffromspace

Last edited by wolf; June 16th, 2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old June 16th, 2011, 11:41 AM
WishCookie

I forgott to say that i'm very active at the community! i'm online in like 3-5 Hours at day if note more. :D

Old June 16th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberjabber8 View Post
firstly I do no what I am doing I was a total novice a month ago (you may have seen some post here by me) but I have spent the last month on PO and I would be happy to demonstrate that you any time
secondly, well i have never been a tutor before I am just looking for a project to do over the holidays. so i guess there is only one way to find out if i will be helpful or not.
lastly I am not active on the competitive battle forum here because i use smogon forum for that sort of thing. (I use this forum for rom hacking just noticed the banner and decided to check it out) and as for the PO sever i use the tree house server, i used to use the PC server but there was never any one on.

Sorry about the short post earlier, if you have any more questions please feel free...
Nope, I've never seen a post by you. Demonstrations would be effective and probably necessary. ;x We're still unsure of how long this will last so honestly I dunno if it will be just "over the holidays" or longer than that or what. Also we still would appreciate activity in the forums and on the PO server from our tutors. At least that way we can get a sense of regularity and how often they're online, what they're like, etc. It'd be fantastic if you'd get more active here before you become a tutor, should you want to.
aka Zebraiken | pairs; Ω & ζ | bffl; λ | now; Ϟ | twin; ξ | brother; φ | sister; Ψ | neeks; Ϫ
Old June 16th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Acealo
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Acealo Send a message via Skype™ to Acealo
Student
PC Pokémon Online Server Username: acealo
Timezone: PST (-8 GMT, I think)
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Everything(never even attempted before)
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? im open all morning but on wed. and thurs. i have soccer at 6 pm PST. im back around 830.
Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? Im very interested and will try my hardest to learn and succeed.
White 2 FC: 1421 7045 1821
Old June 16th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Fairy
MAG3 OF H3ART

Hey all.
Posted this in Vrai's blog, thought I would do it again just in case. You know, for efficiency's sake.

What would be the best timeframe for you to be able to get online?

-I'm free of all external distraction between 11pm - 2:30am EST any night, every night.
-If not, than weekdays from 5:30pm - 7:30pm EST.
-And if all that doesn't fly, than weekends at 12:30pm - 2:30pm EST. will also work for me.

Have you ever battled competitively before? (Not like a casual match with your friends - this means using things like EVs and breeding for Hidden Powers, or battling online with a simulator like Pokémon Online)

-Yes. Very much so. The inner workings of strategy and hidden variables of each Pokemon is what peaked my interest in competitive battling, and thus, led me here. ;3

If you have, can you categorize what you struggle most with? (things like predicting, team building, dealing with opposing threats, etc.) If not, that's alright too.. this question is just so we can better identify what we need to focus on.

-Team building, team synergy, identifying and applying team roles, prediction and analysis, and whatever you guys are willing to teach.
pair
broth3rs
meowd
twin
gall3ry
cr3dit
b3ll tr33
pix3l joint
hom3stuck club
fairy club
acnl club
fri3nd cod3
dr3am addr3ss
\(=^..^)/ < SO MANY POTENTIAL SHIPS TO JUGGLE. A BUSY HYPOTHETICAL MATCHMAKER'S JOB IS NEVER DONE!

Old June 16th, 2011, 10:13 PM
jabberjabber8
../\..

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jabberjabber8 Send a message via Skype™ to jabberjabber8
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrai
Nope, I've never seen a post by you. Demonstrations would be effective and probably necessary. ;x We're still unsure of how long this will last so honestly I dunno if it will be just "over the holidays" or longer than that or what. Also we still would appreciate activity in the forums and on the PO server from our tutors. At least that way we can get a sense of regularity and how often they're online, what they're like, etc. It'd be fantastic if you'd get more active here before you become a tutor, should you want to.
Fine I will start using this instead of smgon, and as for the PO server what sort of numbers are you getting on there at the moment i use treehouse witch has a constant 20 people on it most of the time..? last time i checked PC server was lucky to have 3 people on at one time.

Rumble rock is back, expect a BETA soon.
Old June 16th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Fine I will start using this instead of smgon, and as for the PO server what sort of numbers are you getting on there at the moment i use treehouse witch has a constant 20 people on it most of the time..? last time i checked PC server was lucky to have 3 people on at one time.
Well it's 2:30 AM EST and there is still 9 of us online actively talking, so that's a decent testament. There was ~15 of us online earlier today (At a decent hour XD).
Old June 16th, 2011, 11:54 PM
M4
Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!

Nature: Careful
Still accepting students? :p
Want to see the dark side of Pokemon? Want to see Lt. Surge holding a M32 Grenade Launcher?

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286185
Old June 17th, 2011, 12:06 AM
WishCookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4 View Post
Still accepting students? :p
They sure do i think. Its nothing we can do then just wait.

Old June 17th, 2011, 01:52 AM
Darkrai::.
Darkrai Rulez

Nature: Hasty
PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Zonon
Timezone: GMT +5:30
What do you feel you need to work on the most?: Team building and strategy
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule:
8:30am to 3:00 pm - School
Darkrai Madness
Pokemon Black FC: 3009 9096 0580

Old June 17th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Pichu_fan
Hunting for Shiny Axew.

PC Pokémon Online Server Username:Munchlax
Timezone:Eastern USA
What do you feel you need to work on the most? I don't know.....Team building?
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)?No Sunday mornings.
You know what my fav.pokemon is,right?
My White Trainer Card!
Old June 17th, 2011, 09:02 AM
WishCookie

Many students, More tutors please :<

Old June 17th, 2011, 09:06 AM
moonlamp
Beginning Trainer

Are u still choosing students and tutors?
Old June 17th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Cycle
Trainer

Spineco told me to change to tutor and Im too lazy to change my post as student so w/e
\o/

Tutors

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: TrashTNT
Timezone: GMT-4 or something idk its eastern america
What aspect of competitive battling are you best at? Idk, I've gotten pretty good at predictiona and synergy.
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? In three days I'm going to taiwan for three weeks; I should have internet access for the latter two weeks. I might be able to get on the first week too if I'm lucky.

Otherwise, I'm available the whole time.
Old June 17th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
I can sign up for a tutor if you guys are running short of people.

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Overlord Drakow
Timezone: GMT
What aspect of competitive battling are you best at? I think I'm good at the psychological aspect of the game.
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? Not really, I'm free pretty much whenever.
"Power through ambition." - Overlord Drakow
Forum Set // Pair

Last edited by Overlord Drakow; June 17th, 2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old June 17th, 2011, 10:57 AM
WishCookie

We got some tutors =3 Thats really good.

Old June 17th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Sure.

It depends on when you're coming on. Afternoon in USA is probably your best bet for activity - lately we've been hitting upwards of twelve, fourteen people. Remember, we're doing this for activity, because we want more people interested and online. If you don't want to give effort towards making an inactive server more active then that's fine, we're not forcing you to do anything. I'm just saying this isn't something we want someone to just kinda decide to do - we want to make sure you're going to show up, give effort, and try to help our community. Most of the people who have already signed up to tutor are consistently active on the server (and to some extent generally give helpful advice on the forums, though we do wish they would do it more!).

Not that we don't want you to help, it'd just be nice if you proved your willingness to do so first.
aka Zebraiken | pairs; Ω & ζ | bffl; λ | now; Ϟ | twin; ξ | brother; φ | sister; Ψ | neeks; Ϫ
Old June 17th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Gohanthesaiyan
Beginning Trainer

sign me up i was always interested in something like this!
Old June 17th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohanthesaiyan View Post
sign me up i was always interested in something like this!
You need to specify what you're signing up for; either Tutor or Student. Then you need to fill out the form that goes with your chosen class.
✿ trade thread✿
1349 6159 4149
Old June 17th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Bray☆Star
Beginning Trainer

Student

I haven't had a proper battle since before 5th gen was released, I kinda lost my batting spirit and then I just really couldn't be bothered battling 5th gen at all.
It would be great to have some one help me understand more about it so I can can back into battling B-)
I'm available most of the time just now because it's summer.
There's only one Star.
Old June 18th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Beechlgz
Advanced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

You need to specify what you're signing up for; either Tutor or Student. Then you need to fill out the form that goes with your chosen class.
I thought you only had to fill out a form if you wanted one-on-one tuition or you wanted to be a tutor? Do you have to fill out a form for classes too?
I'm currently working on a large-scale and long-term pokemon forum RPG. If you would like to help or be notified when it's ready, please drop me a PM or a visitor message. All are welcome.
Features under construction:
* A working PvP battle system using stats and levels. * Activities and NPCs. * Journeys and catching wild pokemon. * Gym badge collection. * Alignments and classes. * Teams good and bad. * Much more...

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links