The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center

Notices

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 18th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechlgz View Post
I thought you only had to fill out a form if you wanted one-on-one tuition or you wanted to be a tutor? Do you have to fill out a form for classes too?
Well I don't think that other guy specified his time and such in Vrai's blog. So we don't know anything, along with them not putting what they're signing up for.
Old June 18th, 2011, 05:14 AM
Giratina ♀
what's your sign?

Nature: Quirky
Hey. I'm very very interested in signing up as a student, but from what I can see, the program is only for Windows users. Is there a Mac version anywhere that you guys can find? Alternatively, are there plans to make a second program for use with actual cartridges and Wi-Fi and whatnot?
Old June 18th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Black Ice
[XV]

http://pokemon-online.eu/downloads/Client_17.html

Wi-Fi would probably be too inconvenient and/or inefficient.
Old June 18th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Gohanthesaiyan
Beginning Trainer

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: GohanTheSaiyan
Timezone: Eastern
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Winning and building a solid team.
Old June 18th, 2011, 08:51 AM
cbd98
A bouquet of oopsie dasies

Nature: Relaxed
I just want to know when the first class is to make sure I can come, since I have my grandparents coming over and I totally forgot. And they talk... A LOT...

Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. -Karen

We are all books because we have spines and stories to tell.

Ground Monotype for the Ultimate Pokecommunity League
Old June 18th, 2011, 09:26 AM
theoblivinator
1337 Poisons

Nature: Careful
Student

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: TheOblivinator

Timezone: USA Central

What do you feel you need to work on the most? Analyzing my team and other teams weaknesses to help me win the match. I really want to make my Toxic Spike stall team better.

Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? I have school and work from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday-Friday, and I work Sunday mornings. I am best reached during the evening or all day Saturdays.

Thank you.
Old June 18th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Beechlgz
Advanced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

Well I don't think that other guy specified his time and such in Vrai's blog. So we don't know anything, along with them not putting what they're signing up for.
Actually my question wasn't rhetorical, I was genuinely asking if you needed to use the form to sign up for group classes.
* A working PvP battle system using stats and levels. * Activities and NPCs. * Journeys and catching wild pokemon. * Gym badge collection. * Alignments and classes. * Teams good and bad. * Much more...
Old June 18th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Ragnia
Hello

Nature: Calm
Student

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Ragnia21
Timezone: PST +1
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Pokemon Related: Team Building, prediction, analysing the opponent's team. Not Pokemon Related: Grammar and my dislike of any pants that are not shorts.
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? It's summer so I'm available everyday. I leave on the 27th for a vacation and I don't get back til the 12t
Old June 18th, 2011, 01:53 PM
flamehaze94
Jeste!

Nature: Timid
I almost have no part in this but as I'm aware, you can post your time zone (and schedule) so the classes can be held to everyone's best interest. You don't have to answer about what you need to work on, etc. Of course, if you're going to the group classes instead of 1-on-1 then you don't really have to do anything; just show up to class, just be aware that it might not be at an optimal time if you didn't specify or whatever.
Old June 18th, 2011, 04:30 PM
awolffromspace
whatever happens, happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechlgz View Post
Actually my question wasn't rhetorical, I was genuinely asking if you needed to use the form to sign up for group classes.
no, you don't have to fill out an application to sign up for classes. :) the only thing we would like to know is your timezone and when you're available. we don't really need that either, we just want to make sure that majority of the users can join the classes. edit: made it more clear in the first post about this.

also, to everyone who is requesting the class date, i will be posting it shortly once a tutor of ours replies to see if he's able to come!

Last edited by awolffromspace; June 18th, 2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old June 18th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Twilight Sky

Timezone
: GMT - 5

What do you feel you need to work on the most?
Team Synergy, Team Building, Prediction, Movesets

Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)?
Nah im bored all day but I get on at pretty much 7 to 8 PM my time so...i guess thats the best time to catch me on? idk. :(
Old June 18th, 2011, 08:22 PM
AfroTentacles
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to AfroTentacles
Very interested!

Student
PC Pokémon Online Server Username
: Shadowblade
Timezone: Eastern (UTC -5:00)
What do you feel you need to work on the most?: Everything, especially team building
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? Available Monday - Saturday in the afternoon; mostly around 2:30 pm

Last edited by AfroTentacles; June 20th, 2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: forgot to specify
Old June 18th, 2011, 09:11 PM
DavidBarnes
Forever young.

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

I don't see why you need to work on these the most... I mean, Ev's and Iv's are really easy on PO. On PO, it's set to 31/31/31/31/31/31, the only time it's changed is when you set a Hidden Power, which are automatically set to the Hidden Power's spread. Ev's are easy as well, just type in what Ev's you want on your Pokemon. If it's not this, please could you elaborate on what you mean?
Well you know, just the process of working on them just really doesn't not compute with me.
Old June 18th, 2011, 09:18 PM
.Aero
Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBarnes View Post
Well you know, just the process of working on them just really doesn't not compute with me.
We will be covering EVs and IVs in the classroom teachings, I think what Dragon is getting at is the fact that learning EVs and IVs doesn't warrant a one-on-one month-long tutor session. It can quickly and easily be covered in about 10 or 15 minutes during the classroom lessons. :]
Old June 19th, 2011, 01:33 AM
WishCookie
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Nature: Jolly
When is the deadline? =)
I just had to ask.

Diamond: 3782 4821 8857
HeartGold: 3740 9024 2026
Black: 3181 8256 6904
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y: 1993 8202 9620
Old June 19th, 2011, 04:27 AM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishCookie View Post
When is the deadline? =)
I just had to ask. ^^
There is no deadline if you're talking about signing up for classes. As long as your realize that there are classes there before they actually happen, then you can show up and participate. :3;

If you're talking one-on-one tutoring, then it's more of a "are there even any more open slots" thing. ;-; Or if you're just talking about when this is all going to start, Wolflare is going to post it soon, so just wait until he comes along. :)
Old June 19th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Jesspke
Passerby~

Ummm:

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Jesspke
Timezone: North-West Europe (Guessing, never figured out, England, to be sure)
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Move sets, deffinatly.
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)?: I'm gone wednesday nights, sometimes not, but most of the time. Some other nights I might hang out with other people. Will tell when.

Hope this works out well
Old June 19th, 2011, 10:37 AM
WishCookie
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrai View Post

There is no deadline if you're talking about signing up for classes. As long as your realize that there are classes there before they actually happen, then you can show up and participate. :3;

If you're talking one-on-one tutoring, then it's more of a "are there even any more open slots" thing. Or if you're just talking about when this is all going to start, Wolflare is going to post it soon, so just wait until he comes along.
That's it! Thank you (^.^)

Diamond: 3782 4821 8857
HeartGold: 3740 9024 2026
Black: 3181 8256 6904
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y: 1993 8202 9620
Old June 19th, 2011, 02:14 PM
TheNinKid
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Calm
PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Mychael
Timezone: Central -5:00
What do you feel you need to work on the most: EVs, IVs, and building a good team
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule: none
Old June 20th, 2011, 10:01 AM
awolffromspace
whatever happens, happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeSensei View Post
Didn't Smogon already do this?
then i could say "didn't serebii already make a pokemon forum, why do the others exist?", or "doesn't smogon have tournaments already, why have a battle forum?". also, smogon hasn't done classes before anyway, other than the seminar which isn't the same.
Old June 20th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Opposite Day
too old for name changes

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Opposite Day Send a message via Skype™ to Opposite Day
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberjabber8 View Post
If your into competitive battling to put it bluntly you will find smogon a much better site. however, i stick around here because it has a much more friendly atmosphere. And of course is at the for front of rom hacking.
Yeah, I notice that you are indeed contributing to this friendly atmosphere.
+Anti: his team looks like a salad
Old June 20th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeSensei View Post
Didn't Smogon already do this?
No. We're doing something different, and yes, we used their class that they held on IRC as a model for what we planned to do here. It's the same topic of discussion but we're doing it with a different spin, something more inclined to newer players and hopefully simply just getting more people interested in battling in general. We aren't trying to emulate Smogon in any way - we are our own forum and the way we do things will not be the same as anyone else. We're simply trying to bolster our own activity while being a welcoming environment to battling at the same time. Smogon's session was simply for dedicated players who already had knowledge of how to battle, who already were interested in becoming better battlers, and who already had figured out why it's fun to battle. If you haven't noticed we're really at a lack of those sorts of people and we're trying to get more people to join and see that it is actually something fun and not just something that snobbish jerks do in their free time. If you're uninterested simply because "Smogon already did this" then that's cool, no one's forcing you to participate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolflare View Post
then i could say "didn't serebii already make a pokemon forum, why do the others exist?", or "doesn't smogon have tournaments already, why have a battle forum?". also, smogon hasn't done classes before anyway, other than the seminar which isn't the same.
^ I don't have anything else to amend to that statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberjabber8 View Post
If your into competitive battling to put it bluntly you will find smogon a much better site. however, i stick around here because it has a much more friendly atmosphere. And of course is at the for front of rom hacking.
People's preferences vary. I like this place much much much more than Smogon. I think that while I can find more continuous, logical, and constant battling discussions there I greatly prefer this site at any rate. Smogon's a valuable resource, sure, but you cannot simply say that Smogon is a better site, atmosphere, etc., because it's really impossible to compare the two things. And ROM Hacking is unrelated to any of this so idk why you brought it up lol. ;/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opposite Day View Post

Yeah, I notice that you are indeed contributing to this friendly atmosphere.
I love contributions to our atmosphere.
Old June 20th, 2011, 04:49 PM
TheGr8
lovely pair<3
Community Supporter Tier 5

Student

PC Pokémon Online Server Username:Greatness
Timezone:EST
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Teambuilding and Prediction

Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? My work sch fluctuates but I am out of school now

Youtube | Twitter | VGC| Pair

Signature by Khalei

Old June 20th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Kevin Garrett
is a competitor

Nature: Bold
Tutors

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Kevin Garrett
Timezone: GMT -5:00
What aspect of competitive battling are you best at? Everything
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? No

Edit: This is only for the class.

Last edited by Kevin Garrett; June 20th, 2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old June 20th, 2011, 08:37 PM
thetenthdoctor
Beginning Trainer

I would love to do the class. Anytime should really be good for me!

A message of some kind to let me know when the class is would be much appreciated. That way I can adjust my schedule accordingly THANKS!

Last edited by thetenthdoctor; June 21st, 2011 at 08:53 AM.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links