Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old March 5th, 2012 (10:01 AM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

Nature: Calm

CLASS
Gentle Touch

"don't worry, I won't hurt you."

Kiyoko relaxed more as she spoke softly to him. What she said must be the truth. Maybe... Maybe I was wrong about humans... he thought to himself, silvery-orchid eyes softening, before deepening again. N-no... If I trust them, they'll just use and abuse me... I can't let my guard down too much... But... His thoughts seemed to trail off for a moment. But, maybe not all humans are bad... He noticed that something seemed to be wrong with her other hand. Was she hurt? He wasn't certain, and, out of his natural curiosity, stretched out his neck, his head leaning forward, sniffing at the possibly-injured hand. I wonder... What happened...

Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 5th, 2012 (01:52 PM).
Gold19
Yes, I'm that One Guy

Nature: Hardy
Dante

Dante shrugged to what Maxwell said to him. Then, he saw the questions that Byron wrote on the board. Which made Dante start thinking abut the next question while Maxwell answered the first question.

"Umm Mr. Byron", Dante said raising his hand. "Wouldn't Relicanth be considered a fossil pokemon?"

From Dante just said, it would surely turn some heads even Dante's own mind turn and did a mental slap. That just made Dante slope down in his set as he looked embarrassed.

"When your right, your right", Dante said to Maxwell.
Old March 5th, 2012 (02:51 PM).
Lincoln West
Drowzee

Nature: Relaxed
Nika Valentine

It had certainly taken her some time to get here, but now that she had she couldn't help but feel a distinct sense of anti-climax. Leaving Unova had been so difficulty for her that she had presumed arriving at her new home must bring some grand sense of adventure, as though the wind blowing past her could easily be turning the page on a new chapter in her life. But it was just wind, tinged with salt and no sense of grandeur. She scolded herself for being so childish. Yes, this was a new chapter in her life, but that didn't mean sentimentality was necessary for it. What would it accomplish? Nothing but the dissapointment she was experiencing now.

Even still, the island looked impressive. She had taken in as much of the town as she could on her way through it after departing the ferry, and was enjoying what scenery she was able to witness on her way the academy proper. Looking up the wonderfully blue sky she saw a flock of Pidove swooping down towards a patch of nearby grass and was startled to realise as they descended that they weren't Pidove at all, but a kind of bird pokemon she didn't even recognise. She had been told that there were many Pokemon from outside the Unova region on the island, but her familiarity with them was lacking - and she certainly hadn't expected to see any so quickly. Pausing to watch them she withdrew her pokedex and aimed it at the flock of, she had to admit, unremarkable birds.

"Pidgey. The Tiny Bird Pokemon. It is docile and prefers to avoid conflict. If disturbed, however, it can ferociously strike back."

Pidgey. It didn't seem very different from a Pidove at all, at least not at first, but she knew better than to judge a Pokemon too quickly. For all she knew, Pidgey was one of the rarest and most powerful Pokemon to be found outside of the Unova region. Making a mental note to beware Pidgey's in the future she pocketed her pokedex, gathered her things up again and resumed her trip to the academy.

The rest of the way didn't take very long, and she wasted no time upon arrival before heading to the reception area and receiving her welcome pack, map of the island and the academy, dorm room key, locker number and everything else she could concievably need for the duration of her attendance. So laden she set out in search of her room in the Suicine Dorm, best of the best she was led to believe, and with the aid of the map she had been provided quickly found her new room.

It was a little smaller than her room at home, but then she hadn't been there in a long time, so perhaps nostalgia was clouding her memory. Before anything else, Nika removed three pokeballs from her bags and set them on the bed. One, a standard red and white pokeball. The next, a blue and yellow Quick Ball. And the third was a blue, red and white Great Ball. Smiling at them briefly she then began to dutifully unpack and store the rest of her belongings. She could explore the island properly afterwards, but she had no intention of returning to an untidy or unorganised room.

Jackson (Male Shieldon) Lvl 24: Toxic, Sandstorm, Protect, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Dig
Ability: Sturdy

Bixi (Female Tirtouga) Lvl 24: Crunch, Aqua Tail, Sandstorm, Ice Beam, Stone Edge, Iron Defense
Ability: Solid Rock

Siege (Male Geodude) Lvl 22: Defense Curl, Attract, Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Roll Out
Ability: Rock Head
Old March 5th, 2012 (07:11 PM).
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

Nature: Lonely
"hey wait. I said physical attacks on Zaraint. you, I haven't even gotten you name. Either way you should only being using moves that are physical as in they have pokemon in contact examples being tackle or double kick. Best learn the difference and for now I think Hiromu want's to battle with Zairant. you can come over here." Jason said to the student with the zoura.

How had he slipped past him. had he simply not noticed? Either way this could be really really bad. Zariant, by the way, had dodged the move with ease.

"Bla Blazz kin" 'Now then lets do this right' Zariant shouted.
Old March 5th, 2012 (11:49 PM).
pokepokemo
The RPing Challenger!

Nature: Timid
"Right, kid who threw a book at his own classmate and grabbed a book without permission, there are7 fossils in various regions, so a total of 9 adding Sinnoh's" said Byron.
"And as for you, er...... relicanth eh? let's just say it's a fossil but not a fossil, 'kay?" answered Byron. He cleared his throat and continued," second question goes to Dante Redson, the boy who just asked that question, lucky ain't ya'?"

Gen ignored Slackey. Just then, Mira got out of her pokeball secretly and whispered to Slackey,"Mincci,Mincci,Min. Minccino,Mincci.(I suggest you don't disturb him, he's in a fowl mood.)"

Gen wasn't mad, well not anymore anyway. He just got here, in his past experiences people sometimes threw a rugby ball and it hit his head, so he decided to let whats past be forgotten.

Pokemon Trainer Academy as Gen Valdrauth Esis
Old March 6th, 2012 (06:43 AM).
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

Maxwell turned his head when he heard the comment about how Relicanth could be regarded as a fossil-Pokémon. It was true that Relicanth had lived for several hundred years without changing and it was part Rock-type, a trait which all fossils to Maxwell's knowledge had. But with that mentality it could be said that Wartortle too was a fossil-Pokémon since they are said tobe able to live for 10 000 years. Although that was probably just a myth, but you never knew... Maxwell thought more into the topic, trapping him in some sort of "deep thinking"-trance. Slackey quickly noticed this and gently tapped his trainer's head causing him to return to reality.

"I guess so." Maxwell chuckled at Dante's comment, "But that is still a good question..." he said, slowly nodding.

As Byron spoke, confirming that Maxwell had gotten the right answer, the young boy laughed a relatively weak and nervous laugh. He raised his hand again,

"Although I'm very fond of the nickname you've given me Mr. Byron, I do prefer to be called Maxwell. Or Max of you so want." he said. As Byron adressed the kid next to Maxwell, tipping off his name, the fifteen-year old made a mental note of Dante Redson. Next question was for him coincidentally. Maxwell slowly suspected thay the white-haired kid would get the final question. Speaking of which didn't seem mad anymore, well he wasn't glaring at Maxwell so that could be regarded as an improvment.

Slackey watched as a small, gray Pokémon broke out of it's ball and started whispering to him. He had never seen anything like it before, but judging from it's coloring it was probably a Normal-type much like himself. The Slakoth just shrugged at the Minccino's comment about her trainer being in a bad mood,

"Koth, sla, sla."[Well, as long as he doesn't disturb my naptime I won't disturb him.] he said. Slackey then turned around and with a yawn, he fell asleep on his back. Something he hadn't tried in a long time, why he didn't know because this was pretty comfortable.
Old March 6th, 2012 (10:03 AM).
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Ruby Destiny

Ruby notices there's a girl standing all alone, perhaps she's trying to avoid the people around here. '(whats wrong Ruby?)' Hikari asks her. 'i think i found a partner.' she says.

when she said that Kat is standing behind her, poking her shoulder and asking her if they can be partners. 'i-i'm sorry, i think i found a partner.' Ruby smiles uneasy at her, Ruby is feeling a little guilty now. '(Ruby translate for me.)' Hikari says. 'u-uh yes, sure.' Ruby says to Hikari, waiting for what she's gonna say. 'pooch, poochy, po, poochyen, pooch, po po, poochyena, poo, yena, pooch, chyena.' Hikari speaks to Kat. 'u-uh she says: Ruby wants to involve that girl over there with the rest of the class, since she's standing all alone and seems like to avoid people.' Ruby translates.

'i-i'm really sorry...' Ruby bows to show her apologies, hoping she won't hate her. 'but perhaps if Ash won't mind we can become a group of three, or i can be her partner first, and then yours? since there are no other students left.' Ruby suggests.

(ooc: dragonkat: i'm sorry, me and yellow were talking bout having Ruby be valorie's sparring partner ;;; but if yellow doesn't mind i'll make her be valorie's partner first and then Kat's is that an idea?)

Yuki the Zorua

Yuki is still walking around being bored, seems like she just have as much bad luck as her trainer. Yuki transforms into Ruby and walks around school, hoping a trainer or a pokemon will talk to her.
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old March 6th, 2012 (11:26 AM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
(@ShinyDiamond: Swamps are extremely dangerous, and going into them barefoot is taunting the reaper. So yeah, her only other logical conclusion would've been that he isn't very bright. |P)

Valorie Ryder

Valorie just sort of looked totally freaked out and a little flustered when her wrist was grabbed. As it stood, she was the perfect example of someone who couldn't fight if their life depended on it. Her image had never been 'I'll kick your butt' it had been 'My pokemon will kick your butt'. Although she felt no pain this type of physical contact didn't appeal to her. When she was let go she pulled her arm away and inspected it as if worried she might be bruised. She was of course fine, but fighting honestly frightened her in and of itself.

The teacher then announced they were going to practice. Practice what. Throwing punches? Defending against punches? Restraining an attacker in general? Valorie, with a somewhat dejected look on her face, backed away and attempted to make herself unnoticeable for once, though it could instantly backfire if the teacher or anyone with more empathy than your average student decided to try and help her, as she looked somewhat sad and excluded the way she was avoiding eye contact.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth looked around at the students. A couple shared incomprehensible murmurs regarding her apparent age. A couple moved around for no apparent reason. The other drew her attention, but she wasn't sure what to make of it. It wasn't as if she was going to bust out some challenges. This class was lecture based! Elizabeth found it somewhat odd, having everyone but her sit. Shifting uncomfortably, she moved to reach inside her coat.

"Um... Do any of you know what this is..?"

Pulling out an orb, it seemed to be a pokeball. However the fashion in which it was designed was ancient, far beyond anything currently in use today. The ball's texture was a bit dull, indicating that it probably wasn't made of a normal pokeball's material, which would normally shine more in the light. It had a strange design on it, as well as three round buttons arranged in a triangular pattern as well as a knob of some some sort. Unlike a normal pokeball, there was no button on the front.

Holding the ball up for the class to see, Elizabeth quietly awaited responses. Noticeably, her thumb, pointer finger, and middle finger had drifted to the three buttons out of habit. It appeared to be designed to be held that way.

Hilda

Hilda's attention was snagged by Daniel's question.

"I'm about to get to that~"

After it seemed like everyone had had a fair chance to come grab a mask she cleared her throat and spoke up again.

"That's actually the next and last thing I needed to talk about. When we get to the swamplands you want to have your pokemon /out/ and /vigilant/. This may seem like a lot to do about nothing, but wild pokemon lurk in the murky water found throughout the area and when an ekans sneaks up on you and gobbles you down, and we can't find it, taking your time to have your pokemon prepared won't seem like a whole lot to ask."

This time she was actually not joking. It wouldn't be the first time an ekans had attempted such a thing on a human, let alone a younger human. Of course, the danger /was/ exaggerated a bit. Hilda was confident her pokemon could track down an ekans if it came to it. She certainly wouldn't give one the chance to flee in the first place if it attacked a student and she could help it. But really, the best defense was having lots of pokemon around.

"Now..."

Hilda looked up to address the present students.

"Some of you asked me if you could go get boots."

Hilda glanced at Alice briefly as she said this.

"Now's a good time to do that. As for everyone else, questions? Concerns? Yamask away~"

Several students rolled their eyes, understanding the joke. Sadly, a couple had no idea yamask was the name of a pokemon. More still said nothing, recognizing that their teacher was /trying/ to get a groan out of them.
Old March 6th, 2012 (12:36 PM).
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Daniel Sabrak
"I'm about to get to that~"

As Hilda said this, Daniel’s ears reddened and he looked a little away, pulling somewhat on the mask in his hands in embarrassment. He should’ve just let the teacher speak out instead of interrupting her like that. He must’ve looked like such a dork. Again.

He looked back towards her again as she spoke about the swamp and the dangers of it, his brows lifting slightly. He was halfly stricken with fear of being jumped on by some kind of crocodile Pokémon, or indeed, an Ekans while he wasn’t looking, and halfly looking forward to going somewhere kind of spooky and mysterious, like a swamp.

He glanced down at Alexis, biting his lower lip slightly. He couldn’t carry her, since she was too big, but she –would- be tall enough to not be in the muck to her neck… she would probably be alright. Hopefully.

In response to his glance, Alexis looked back up at him, her head tilting a little to the side before looking back up at the teacher. She was going to have to trudge through a swamp. Great. As much as she loved adventuring, getting her fur –that- messy was going to be a pain cleaning off. And Daniel was not going to help with that. Last time, she had accidentally electrocuted him for moving a brush the wrong way. She’d be fine, but she’d come out looking extremely dirty.

She glanced over towards Snype, sitting on Mark’s shoulder for a moment. He would be fine. He was small enough to ride on his trainer. She let out a small, somewhat annoyed sigh. That was what it meant to be an adventurer sometimes.

Daniel meanwhile blinked his eyes in confusion to the teacher’s joke. He knew it was probably some kind of joke, but he hadn’t the faintest clue of what a Yamask was. He snapped out of it and slowly raised a hand, clearing his throat a little before stuttering out:

“I-I… uhm, have a question. What’re we going to be doing in the swamp if it’s so dangerous? Are w-we going to learn to adapt, or…?”

He left the question hanging in the air, retracting his voice, as if not having wanted to say what he did, however still looking inquisitively at Hilda.
Old March 6th, 2012 (04:15 PM).
Megaman765
Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Mark gave off a big face palm at the joke that Hilda said. That may have been one of the worst puns he'd ever heard. Thinking about it now... Mark didn't think Poliwhirl would be able to carry Mark. He was still pretty big compared to him. If he were a Poliwraith maybe it'd be different but Mark didn't want to get ahead of himself... Maybe there was another way... then again, Mark still had time to get boots...

"Well may as well bring everyone out. May we can figure something out..." Mark said. He pulled out the rest of his poke balls and called out Len and Able. Just as Mark thought... Len would be crushed by Mark's weight. Even if he could carry Mark, it wouldn't keep him out of all the muck. Able of course was flying all around the room at rapid speeds happily.

"Welcome to the crew Len and Able! We're going to explore the swamp!" Snype said to the them. Len wasn't fazed by swimming through a bit of dirty water. He was a water Pokemon after all. Still though, the smell would likely stick with him for awhile.

Len was worried about his trainer, considering he didn't have any boots on him. He couldn't carry him he knew that so he was at a loss. The best he could do was carry another Pokemon across. He'd be more then willing to do something like that if they asked. Nonetheless though, he was looking forward to the adventure, assuming his trainer would be alright.

Mark would go search for boots back at his place but there was no way he'd be back on time... He'd have to somehow manage. Maybe he'd get an idea when they got there. He had four Pokemon, they could surely figure something out. If not, maybe someone had a rather large Pokemon on them that could handle carrying someone. He could only hope. Then again...

Mark looked over to Alice.

"Hey Alice, by some chance, do you have a spare pair of boots? If your going back to pick them up could you check? It's better then nothing if that's alright..." Mark asked.

Len looked around the room at Various trainers and Pokemon. After giving a long stretch, he sat down and waited to move out.

Trainer Academy RP Pokemon
Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Dig, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 45 - X-Scissor, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 29 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)
Xerox (Ditto) Lv. 32 Transform (Ability: Imposter)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Omanyte- Lv. 35 Brine, Mud Shot, Rollout, Ice Beam, Protect, Bite
(Ability: Swift Swim)
Old March 6th, 2012 (05:04 PM).
OmegaPinkMan
Lonely Planet Boy

Send a message via Skype™ to OmegaPinkMan
Alice Crenshaw

Alice gulped down when her teacher told her about one of the dangers of the swamp. She already knew it was not a safe place to go, but...a human-eating Ekans? ANd just as she was starting to forget about the soul stealing human.

Then, suddenly, a huge grin appeared on Alice's face when Hilda told her that she was allowed to return to her Dorm room to fetch the boots. She hugged Jello tight in her excitement and hopped. She seemed to have forgotten about the Ekans completely.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Alice said happily.

Then she ran towards the door of the classroom. But she stopped when she heard Mark's voice. "Hey Alice, by some chance, do you have a spare pair of boots? If your going back to pick them up could you check? It's better then nothing if that's alright..." Mark asked. Alice looked at him and nodded.

"Sure, no problem, Mark!" she said happily, before sprinting out of the classroom, with Jello in her arms.

She wasn't sure if there was another pair of boots for her so that she could lend to Mark. She was in fact lucky to know that she had one pair.
Old March 6th, 2012 (06:38 PM).
Kikpanther
Not a beginner that's for sure
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kikpanther
Austin watched the teacher as the class seemed to begin. Like he hadn't expected it started with a question. He thought she'd do that teacher thing and introduce herself and explain the course, starting off with "Okay, class!" or something of that nature. Now that she'd started off that way he thought this class would be like the ones in the movies. She'd ask a question then people would make an attempt to answer--incorrectly of course--and after she pointed out how stupid and wrong they all were (either with a nice euphemism or just with plain frankness) she would explain the object and then describe the course. He wondered if she was the nice, helpful teacher or the mean, strict teacher that turned out to have a deep lesson by the end of the movie. She didn't seem mean and her voice didn't make her sound strict. He supposed it was the senior. However, either or, that didn't solve the getting it wrong aspect of this lesson. The answer seemed obvious enough. She was holding a thing with dots on it, which she placed her hands, and there were nobs. He figured it was some kind of pokeball. It looked like some kind of pokeball. More or less.

However, that seemed like the obvious answer. He could imagine some confident kid raising their hand enthusiastically (or just shouting it out? They did seem to just shout out their answers sometimes in these movies) and then getting shot down by the teacher or having other people raise their hand with the same or similar answers, all to be shot down at once. Austin was almost positive the answer was "Old timey Pokeball". This was Ancient Johto History so that had to be an Ancient Johnto Pokeball. He could go for the middle ground and say it was a capsule or a "capturing capsule" because technically he couldn't be wrong. It was, after all, a capsule. Then he considered how stupid he would sound for saying capsule out loud.

Austin frowned as he thought for a moment, possibly putting too much effort in debating his answer. He shrugged finally, figuring he would just wing it. He raised his hand and then answered, "An ancient pokeball." He made sure to use the word ancient instead of old. This was Ancient Johto History not Old Johto History. He wondered if he was too vague, saying that. She, or anyone else, think that he meant ancient as in way back. That seemed a little silly, though, but highly possible. He smiled a little bit as his mind started showing him images of Aztecs throwing Pokeballs at rocks.
Old March 6th, 2012 (08:00 PM).
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
(Ooc: xD Well he's not gonna go bare foot, I tell you what!)

Kilik Chambers

Some of the students, Alice, asked if they had time to go get their boots. Kilik didn't bother asking if he could get his own. Reason, he had none of course. Hilda started explaining about the dangers of the swamp, mostly like Ekans. She is correct, however, that they should keep out their Pokemon for protection. That shouldn't be a problem. He's sure Mistress can handle this. Plus it would be good training for her. He wasn't gonna leave out Yaibe of course. The swamp would be a perfect place for Yaibe to understand more about surroundings. Only thing is, he could very well get poisoned out there. They better take precaution, even the whole class.

Did Kilik have any questions? He didn't get the joke Hilda gave just now. "One thing. Are we gonna be looking for something or what?" He was still wondering what the purpose of this adventure was for. It didn't matter much, as long as his Pokemon get some training done.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old March 6th, 2012 (08:34 PM).
Bassiroth
Psyduck

Takumi Ryuuhiko

So that boy decided to follow him. Looks like he'll have to delve into the student's mind again. Why in the world did this boy wish to bother him?

Hmm? Aaaaah. So he wasn't one of those underachievers who hoped hanging around the smart kid would make it look like he's paying attention to class. A slight miscalculation on his part. He actually smirked upon learning this.

When Elizabeth asked about the object she pulled up, Takumi drew a small simple sketch of the object Elizabeth was holding, and then a simple sketch next to it of that same object and how she was holding it in her hand. Labeled the two sketches as "Figure 1". Come to think of it, if someone just peaked at his notebook, one would think it looked like one of those textbooks you see in school looking at the way he had arranged the notes on his page, even if it was all done in pencil and loose-leaf paper.

"I suggest writing down everything she says if you really do wish to pass this class," he whispered just low enough so that Austin would hear what he just said. Takumi's head though was looking in Elizabeth's direction the whole time or down to his notes to check his own writing and make sure he had everything written down he needed.

He had felt no need to respond to Elizabeth's question. The common assumption that would've probably gone through every student's head right now would've more than likely had been the "ancient pokeball" guess. Even he himself couldn't think of much else it could possibly have been, and he actually read a few ancient stories and poems and epics as well in his studies outside of the academy.

This class has become somewhat irritating to him, although he wouldn't let his face show it. He's already had to read another student's mind twice, and while most psychics you would assume would always be constantly reading other's minds, Takumi was not a big fan of it. Reading minds can get boring after a while, not to mention a rude invasion of privacy and personal space. It gets especially boring when it comes to the minds of "the common students." After all, he found their matters boring enough and immature enough as it is, why bother delving into the depths of their minds unless really needed?

Using that mind-reading power in a Pokemon Battle or any other competition, let alone a teacher's mind for all the answers to a test, also sorta counts as cheating. Nor would have given him much of a challenge, let alone would he improve simply by using those methods.

Only time he really looked into person's minds on a daily basis was his own pokemon, and that was just his telepathy when ordering his pokemon in a battle. It gives him a few different advantages not many people would notice just from watching himself and his pokemon in action.

Looks like he's about to play the hypocrite for a third time today in this class, though. His curiosity was slightly getting the best of him at this moment, and rather than simply look directly into Elizabeth's mind like he did with Austin, he figured he would just take one tiny peek. Just the present thoughts only, and to see if there was possibly a small clue he could get from Elizabeth's surface thoughts.

. . .

Nothing.

But it wasn't nothing. It wasn't that she wasn't thinking of nothing, it was that he couldn't see or hear anything in her mind. He couldn't read her mind. His eyes slightly widened in mild surprise at this, the dim glow that was in his eyes just a second ago slightly glowing only a small bit brighter.

He calmed down though, and quit the effort. It would attract too much attention to himself if he was to bring up such a matter now, and he hasn't exactly revealed to really anyone at the Academy present about his special gifts and powers. Not like most people could tell anyways, considering how much he kept it hidden in public.

Now is not the time to delve into such matters, he thought to himself. Class has started and is in session. I must keep my attention here and now where it should be.

But he wouldn't let the matter go like that. He felt pretty confident he will have to confront her about this topic sometime in the future.
Old March 7th, 2012 (02:10 PM).
Lincoln West
Drowzee

Lincoln West
Hauling himself out of the pool Linc pushed his hair out of his face before climbing to his feet and stretching. It had been a good swim, and Bixi had passed him over half a dozen times before he lost count. It had been a good training session, if he kept this pace up Bixi and Jackson would be ready for their first battles in no time. Turning back to the pool he could still see Bixi swimming around, enjoying the clean water and open space.

"Yo, Bixi! Time to wrap it up."
"Ouga tir..."

Bixi didn't seem completely happy that her time in the water was coming to an end, but she swam closer to the edge of the pool obediently nevertheless. Giving her an understanding smile, Lincoln retrieved her pokeball from where he had left it at the poolside.

"Hey, like, I get you. But we can't train all mornin' - I just wanted to break up the dullness of class and homework, y'know? It's back to the books for me."
"Tirtouga!"
"Oh, you reckon that's good, huh? You would, you braniac. Anyways, good session Bixi! We'll rock this island in no time."
"Touga!"

With that, Lincoln recalled Bixi to her pokeball and walked back towards the changing rooms to shower off and get dressed back into his normal clothes. After that he really ought to do his homework for Pokemon Mythology... that Prof was scary.
Nika Valentine
Much better.

Now that everything was arranged correctly and in its proper place Nika felt much more at ease with her new living quarters. She hadn't received any kind of communication saying that she should attend class on her first day of arrival, and there was nothing regarding it in her welcome pack either, so it seemed like a good opportunity to further familiarise herself with the island.

Deciding to change her clothes first after the long journey, Nika undressed and selected a new outfit for herself. Once attired in sensible black shoes, smart black trousers, a plain white shirt, a black waistcoat and a plain black flatcap, she put on her glasses and loaded a brown over the shoulder single strap satchel with everything she would need. Her three active pokeballs, as well as several empties, medicine, her pokedex, magnifying glass, rope and a variety of other handy items for the travelling pokemon trainer.

Slipping the strap over her head and resting it on her shoulder Nika set off, leaving the Suicine Dorm building and walking out of the academy, taking in a deep breath of the fresh air. She couldn't wait to see what pokemon there were to find on the island, the only pressing question being where to go first...

Jackson (Male Shieldon) Lvl 24: Toxic, Sandstorm, Protect, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Dig
Ability: Sturdy

Bixi (Female Tirtouga) Lvl 24: Crunch, Aqua Tail, Sandstorm, Ice Beam, Stone Edge, Iron Defense
Ability: Solid Rock

Siege (Male Geodude) Lvl 22: Defense Curl, Attract, Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Roll Out
Ability: Rock Head
Old March 7th, 2012 (06:50 PM).
Gold19
Yes, I'm that One Guy

Nature: Hardy
Dante

Dante sat up in his chair when Byron asked him to answer the second question. When that happen, Dante began to to think about question.

"That would a helix fossil", Dante said back to Byron.

That made Dante's embarrassment of the previous statement a bit more forgettable. Hopefully, Dante can score big points with the teacher even though that he didn't have the textbook with him.
Old March 7th, 2012 (06:56 PM).
Bassiroth
Psyduck

N

By far this seemed to be getting interesting watching students try and figure all this out. He paced back and forth and watched the students try and figure out what all this meant. He approached Kiyoko, picking up the small fox-looking pokemon and held him in his arms rubbing his new friend's ears gently. After a few minutes, he walked back over to his desk and set Kiyoko down on his desk before he approached the board again.

He picked up a green marker and circled the number 1 and the number 2 before drawing a curved line on the left connecting the two circles. Next he picked up a blue marker and circled the number 3 and the number 5 before connecting the two with another curved line. Then a red marker and circled 4 and 6 and drawing another curved line to connect the two. Number 7 he left alone.

"It might be a little bit easier if you tried combining two of the questions at a time," he began.

He now wrote a new set of numbers on the board. 1 through 4.

"Here. Taking 1 and 2 from over there. . ." he began as he picked up the Green Marker. "We get the following question."

He then wrote the new question on the board in the new spot for Question 1. He picked back up the Black Marker and wrote the original Question 7 in the spot for Question 4.

"7 doesn't have a question it can be partnered with just yet, so let's leave it alone," he explained.

So now the original questions on the board looked like as followed:

(1) What is a pokemon?
(2) What makes a pokemon different from a human or an animal?
(3) How does one differentiate truth from ideals? What is Real and what is Thought? Fact and Opinion?
(4) If you have never seen something before, do you believe it does not exist? If not what makes you believe something is real that you have never seen before?
(5) What defines a Legend and a Myth?
(6) Do Fossil Pokemon from the Prehistoric Age still exist?
7) Is there such thing as a fake pokemon?

(OOC: Best I can do to show how the questions are connected for now. There's just so much you can do with a text on a keyboard without using some odd trick or another.)

And the new set of questions looked as followed:

1) What makes a Pokemon, a Pokemon?
2)
3)
4) Is there such thing as a fake pokemon?

"Now then," he began as he looked back to the class. "Anyone want to guess what these other two questions are?"
Old March 7th, 2012 (08:52 PM).
Dragonkat
The Winged Wolf

Nature: Naughty
Kat shrugged. "Its okay. I'll see ya later. I guess." Kat walked to another girl about her age. Kat asked her if she would be her partner. The girl grinned and said "Sure! I'm Genie by the way. You're that newbie, Katherine right?" Kat nodded and followed the girl to the ocean. They started throwing punches and Kat saw that this girl wasn't too bad. They both aimed for the arm, stomach, and every once in a while, the face. Kat ended up with a few bruises all over from this girl. Genie however was not scratched at all. She could like, see into the future or something! She dodged every single attack. Genie ended up playing with Psy as Kat messed around with her Natu. It was cute!

Star on the other hand became impatient. She waited for an answer, and adding the trampling, she became mad. She growled, and bit N's leg. Nothing serious, no toxins, no bleeding, just to scratch the epidermis. Star rolled her eyes and noticed the Zoura. (Nothin too strange. Look at me for Arceus' sake!) Star thought. She growled at the green haired human and winked at the weirdly colored Zoura. (I'll hopefully meet you soon.) She ignored the evolved Zoura. He was not of her interest. She limped into the hall and found a patch of sun. She laid there and fell asleep.

Help my eggs and my Pokemon if you please!

Rps ^-^
Pokemon Trainer Academy
Bara's Storm

World Of Vampires
Experimental
Pokemon Fallout
Old March 7th, 2012 (11:50 PM).
pokepokemo
The RPing Challenger!

Nature: Timid
"Good kid, you're right!" complimented Byron.
Gen smiled at Dante and said,"Good for you Dante." He the continued to observe the class. Byron then cleared his throat and said, "third question goes to Gen V. Esis. Last one's yours kid"

Gen nodded. He thought about it for a bit. "Let's see, Tirtouga is rock and Shelldon is rock. just about all the fossils are rock sooo.." thought Gen.
"Yep, I know all the fossils are the rock type! but also all of 'em are dual types!" he answered.
"..... right, looks like you three are good enough! Now lets get back to the textbooks and open the next page, page 21!" commanded Byron as he erased the board and opened his textbook.
Gen searched for page 21 on his textbook and found it. "Look, this part's all about mining, we'll get back to fossils later, but for now it's mining lessons." said Byron. "Now look here, in Sinnoh where I come from, Oreburgh is quite the mining place, my son gets quite a lot of stuff there. If you mine somewhere, you generally get ores or coal." said Byron.
"Now, questions anyone?"
Gen quieted down and read the page. He then asked something,"Mr. Byron, by any chance, would we be able to find a fossil or something rare if we mine somewhere?"
Byron took a deep breath and answered,"Fossils, if you're really really lucky, sure. Just pieces though not a whole entire fossil. As for the rare items, maybe if it's gold nuggets, yes but if it's potions and stuff like that, chances are you're gonna get an old empty bottle. Now, anymore questions?"

Pokemon Trainer Academy as Gen Valdrauth Esis
Old March 8th, 2012 (03:38 AM).
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

Maxwell listened to how Byron complimented Dante on his answer. Yeah, that question wasn't too hard. Even though Byron didn't aknowledge Maxwell's request to be referred to by his real name, the brown-haired teen assumed that his teacher had gotten the point. Let's see... The next question was for the white-haired kid, just like Maxwell thought, who was apparently named Gen. He too had congratulated Dante for answering the question right, it almsot seemed like they knew eachother... did they?

Next on the agenda was to read page 21 in the textbook, Byron said that the three of them were "good enough". Good enough for what? Maybe good enough to deserve their own fossil-Pokémon? Naaaaahh, that was extremely unlikely. Maxwell did a mental facepalm, wow, sometimes he was really stupid. Anyway, page 21 had a lot of facts regarding the different ways of mining. There was drilling, using pickaxes and so on.

Gen then posed a question about if you would be able to find any fossils or rare items if you mined somwhere. Good question. Byron simply answered that this was all possible, if you were lucky that was. Byron then asked if there were any more questions, Maxwell promptly raised his hand,

"Yeah I have a question! What is the smallest measurements that a fossil-fragment can have for you to be able to revive it?" This was an honest question, Maxwell was actually interested in knowing the answer to it. This class had proven to be not quite the snooze-fest that he had first thought.
Old March 8th, 2012 (09:08 AM).
Fuyu
Battle!

Nature: Quirky
(Sorry I had big exams these past few days. )

Skye

Skye hesitated a little before bowing at his opponent. Volca had no accuracy lowering moves that he knew of. Volca could lower speed but that wasn't what Skye used it for exactly. Now that he thought about it... did any of his Pokemon lower accuracy? He didn't believe so... That would go against the team he focused on. Even if he couldn't hit, you needed to get used to the fact the opponent could and was dangerous with powerful moves. The only ones who really focused on dodging were Ellie and Rama and well, soon Rama wouldn't be thinking of that at all.

Blinking anxiously, he closed his eyes, thought for a moment, then whistled a bit. Volca charged forward in a Wild Charge attack, sparking with yellow. He wondered for a brief second what Skye was trying to do but he decided to wonder about it later and focus on the Scyther.

Ciel

Ciel thought for a while.He didn't peek into N's mind, quite frankly wasn't sure he wanted to. Brie looked at him and growled, confused by the quiet likely. Ciel hushed him, pondering it a bit more. Shyly he raised his hand. "How does perspective define existence?" he offered shyly. He wasn't particularly philosophical as a person. Ciel lowered his hand down a moment later, looking embarrassed. That was likely the most ridiculous thing he had ever said.

Ash

Well that one had power at least. It was easy to dodge though, but Ash suspected she had done that on purpose. Flippant almost. Heh, well that one might prove entertaining. She glanced around at the group at large. Most were making an attempt, some were hiding, but most were muttering derisively at the ground. Joke class huh? She could sympathize... not really.

"Oi!" she barked. "Those of you having trouble, ease your muscles before you hurt yourselves. This is a test of your ability to punch and a avoid a punch, not how long you can stand still." She took to wandering, examining each movement carefully. "Question:" she began quietly. "What is the difference between the wound of a Pokemon and the wound of a human when it comes to a battle?"

Old March 8th, 2012 (10:08 AM).
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

(Jason just told everyone physical attacks only on Zariant. Blade is only non-dmg attacks, but I'll have that be a lesson that costs you.)

Blade shook his head, and leapt into the air. directly behind him was a large tree.

"Scy hy!" 'learn your moves!' Blade laughed floating above them.

Jason facepalmed again. did these kids honestly not know the three kinds of moves?

"Guys! Everybody stop now!" Jason shouted.

He was serious and starting to get annoyed. he had just covered this.

"Physical attacks with Zariant. Hiromu you go there. Effect moves with Blade. Skye you go there. Then you are here with me. If I have to lead you by the hand and show you every detail I will. These are basics that you should have already known. I will remind you of these moves again, but by then you will be taking notes not participating in the activity." Jason said his voice serious and commanding.
Old March 8th, 2012 (10:12 AM).
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Ruby Destiny

Kat shrugged. "Its okay. I'll see ya later. I guess." Kat walked to another girl about her age.

Ruby felt guilty as she saw her walking away like that. but then walked over to the girl that avoided any attention (valorie ryder). 'hi there, i am Ruby Destiny, i see you have no partner, and i have no partner either, you mind if i become your partner?' Ruby asks the girl, more confident than that she normal is. Ruby is smiling as she waits for an answer. '(Ruby seems to be more confident when it comes to battles and helping others...)' Hikari is smiling herself as she looks up at Ruby.

"Those of you having trouble, ease your muscles before you hurt yourselves. This is a test of your ability to punch and a avoid a punch, not how long you can stand still." the teacher took to wandering, examining each movement carefully. "Question:" she began quietly. "What is the difference between the wound of a Pokemon and the wound of a human when it comes to a battle?"

Ruby heard her and was thinking. '(Rubs? you know the answer, why aren't you answering?)' Hikari asks her. 'i don't need attention for a simple question.' Ruby answers on her little Poochyena who she is holding.
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old March 8th, 2012 (01:10 PM).
Fuyu
Battle!

Nature: Quirky
(My fault. I was trying to do something but this is probably better.)

Skye

Skye looked at the teacher calmly. "I-hi duh-hon't hah-have hah-harmless eh-heffect moves wih-hith Volca, whuh-ho neh-needs trah-haning most of all." He understood he must seem foolish and quite frankly it didn't borh-hother him. "Buh-hut if yuh-you want meh-he to swit-switch I wih-hill." Volca glowered at him and Skye nodded calmly, returning him. He pulled out Rei and gave her a pensive look. Releasing her, he smiled a little at the teacher. "Eh-heffect could be a suh-hide eh-heffect. I-him suh-horry I mis ih-hinterpreted." He didn't want to explain the fact that he only used non-damaging moves in strategy if necessary. Skye didn't like the moves. They had a bigger possibility to leave the user vulnerable than an attack with the chance of giving the effect.

Old March 9th, 2012 (09:35 AM).
OmegaPinkMan
Lonely Planet Boy

Send a message via Skype™ to OmegaPinkMan
Jimmy Vincent

Jimmy glanced at Rosalyn. He did not know what to answer, and maybe she would be able to help him. He needed the help, although he didn't want to admit it. He looked at his notebook before he looked at N. He saw that he was doing something to the questions. He paired some up and left one alone.

"Here. Taking 1 and 2 from over there. . ." Jimmy heard N say as the teacher picked up the Green Marker. "We get the following question."

He noticed there was a new set of questions. Four questions. It looked like this:

1) What makes a Pokemon, a Pokemon?
2)
3)
4) Is there such thing as a fake pokemon?

When N said if anyone wanted to guess what the other two questions were, Jimmy's curious side took over a bigger part of his mind. He wanted to get those questions, and later their answers. He had the feeling that something big was about to happen. He wrote down the new questions and their blank spots. He looked at Rosalyn after that.

"Humph. Any ideas?" he muttered.

Alice Crenshaw

Alice reached her dorm room in very little time. But all the running took a lot out of her. She was exhausted. And she definitely did not see that coming. She didn't expect to be this tired so soon. She looked all over her room for her backpack, and found her maroon boots. Stopping to let go of Jello to switch her sneakers with boots, and in the meantime catch her breath, she remembered about Mark. Still gasping, she looked for a spare pair of boots. Jello spotted another black pair, and hovered over it so Alice noticed it.

"Over here!" he said telepathically.

Alice spotted it and grabbed it. She thanked Jello and gave him a hug before she put her sneakers in her bag and grabbed the boots. Then she sprinted out of the room, followed by Jello. This time the Solosis would not be able to enjoy being carried. And Alice would not be able to run so fast because she was exhausted and she wasn't used to wearing boots. She tried to get back to the classroom as soon as she could.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links