The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old July 5th, 2012, 04:25 AM
Lincoln West
Drowzee

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Nika Valentine

A Larvesta!

What were the chances that this boy had a Zorua and a Larvesta? Both pokemon were extremely rare in the Unova region and entirely unheard of appearing elsewhere. Sizing him up again she could see that he was confident, almost cocksure, going into this battle. She would have to be careful...

And a Larvesta, of all pokemon! It was unbelievable, a dual bug-fire type. As a bug type trainer it was one of the pokemon in the world with the best type match-up against almost her entire team. Faced with a Larvesta to battle left her with only one logical option, and so she returned the Dusk Ball to her bag and drew out a normal pokeball instead.

"You have some impressive pokemon." She admitted. "We'll just have to see how well trained they are."

With that she opened the pokeball and released its inhabitant. Eve, her own Larvesta, formed on the field opposite Volca with a small cry. Now it would just come down to which pokemon was stronger, and which trainer could handle the battle best.

"String Shot." Nika commanded, Eve firing lengths of sticky string at the other Larvesta. With no way of initially knowing which pokemon would be the strongest it was best to try and gain the advantage of speed right from the beginning. This was going to be interesting...

Jackson (Male Shieldon) Lvl 24: Toxic, Sandstorm, Protect, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Dig
Ability: Sturdy

Bixi (Female Tirtouga) Lvl 24: Crunch, Aqua Tail, Sandstorm, Ice Beam, Stone Edge, Iron Defense
Ability: Solid Rock

Siege (Male Geodude) Lvl 22: Defense Curl, Attract, Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Roll Out
Ability: Rock Head
Old July 5th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Fuyu
Raising Heart, set up!

Nature: Gentle
Skye

Rama snorted from where he sat, scratching his ear. "Probably not well-trained but psychotic is plausible." Skye hushed him and glanced at Volca. His Pokemon looked pleased. Another one pf his kind and he got to be the one to wipe it off the map. He tensed himself and nodded, watching the Sling Shot move closer. Then Skye clicked his tongue and Volca pointed his horns at the various strings, setting them aflame. Skye nodded quietly.

"Thu-hank you," he said softly. "Yuh-hours look struh-strong theh-hemselves." He watched Eve for a moment before whistling sharply. Attack.

Volca threw himself into the air. He wasn't very fast but he was excited. Speed didn't matter quite as much to him. He dropped, using Acrobatics to dance around in the air, headed towards Eve.

Old July 5th, 2012, 10:49 AM
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

Nature: Lonely
Isaac & Orion

Now the field was consumed in fire. Isaac honestly laughed at it. That desperation attack was literally going to back fire.

"Raizer flame wheel." Isaac shouted.

Raizer leapt up from under ground and spun in the air. He landed down in the flames, but they were sucked into his spin. Flash fire was activating. Now with Flame wheel super charged Raizer peeled out and rammed Jakio sending him flying into the nearby tree's trunk. Jakio recovered quick though and charged Raizer. He was done goofing off. He readied a dragon claw in each hand then double slashed Raizer. The move was annoyingly powerful, and Raizer fell to the ground instantly.

"...I guess that's that." Orion said returning Jakio, "It's gettign too late for a second battle. We'll have to do that another time. I'll see you later Isaac Deladius."

Orion walked off in silence from that point on.
Old July 5th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance

Danielle Accola - Academy Cafeteria

Variety. It was the word Danielle heard as it rang through her mind. Maybe Mienfoo needed a lot more than just training. He needs more variety of his moves. He has more fighting-type moves...as well as a status move and Swift. Swift was Mienfoo's favorite move, till he learned Drain Punch back earlier. Danielle felt a sense of failure inside of her. She's been training Mienfoo since he was just recently hatched.

“I've been teaching Mienfoo how to be a true fighter. I was planning to buy some TM's but...I got kinda sidetracked with everything else.” Danielle replied.

"What moves can your pokemon use? I have a few TMs I can lend if ya want." Mark offered.

As Danielle sipped some of her soda, she became quite interested. “Well, it depends on what moves they are. I think Mienfoo can learn them, as well as Ozzy and Sector.” Danielle then tried to look for Ozzy, but she found him...still with Tyro and Able. She also noticed Roberto, Lucia's Scizor staring at Mark's Sableye, Snype. She turned to Lucia and asked, “Lucia, what's up with Roberto? He seems a bit...serious.”
Old July 5th, 2012, 04:15 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Rosalyn Smith
Academy Grounds

Rosalyn smiled to herself still blushing as Jimmy said no problem. Belle cried happily and nuzzled against his arm before flying in a circle around Rosalyn making the girl giggle. In a way she was glad she had sent Belle out because it seemed that Jimmy was distracted from asking what was wrong with her. Good thing too because she was starting to figure out why she kept blushing madly whenever she looked at him. "He's like my best friend...and I'm starting to like him...oh no what do I do" she thought with a worried sigh. She really didn't know what to do now. If her feelings for her friend were starting to change she could either act on it and make it awkward, or do nothing... still probably making things awkward. Though things probably already were awkward.

Rosalyn didn't notice when Jimmy sent Kaida back into her Pokeball, she was trying to avoid looking at him, that would either a) make the blush worse or b) he would ask what was wrong. But it seemed luck wasn't on her side because she heard Jimmy ask if they could talk in private. Rosalyn nodded and called Belle back into her Pokeball still not looking at Jimmy.

"Y-Yeah?"
Old July 5th, 2012, 08:44 PM
ShaymieTheShaymin
Menma~
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Skype™ to ShaymieTheShaymin
As Holly got off the boat to the academy,she started to think about what happened to get her sent here. Why would Amy send me here? Does she really hate me that much? As she was thinking these thought,her Xtransceiver rang. Speak of the devil, she thought. "Hey,Holly! Did you get there safely?",her sister said. "I hate you.",Holly said. "Goodbye.",she said as she hung up. Molly,her Munna looked at her trainer kind of worried.

Suddenly Lumina popped out of her pokeball. "Hey,what are you doing?!",Molly yelled. I need something to do! ,the Litwick said,running off towards what looked like a battle between two Larvesta. Molly poked Holly and gestured towards where the baby pokemon went. Lumina hopped towards the two Larvesta and attempted to shoot a weak Ember at them. Holly ran towards where her Litwick had run off to and grabbed her before she could do anything. Oh great, more people.,Holly thought. "O-oh,I'm sorry for Lumina. I barely got her...... Um....",Holly said kicking at the ground. Let's just hope these guys aren't like the others,,Molly thought,glaring at the two trainers. Holly's already been through enough. She rested on Holly's head,not willing to make eye contact with anyone.
Old July 6th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Fuyu
Raising Heart, set up!

Skye

The boy frowned quizzically as a Litwick suddenly shot in the line of fire. Hopefully it knew how to dodge. Thankfully Volca adjusted his Acrobatics, but didn't account for the girl suddenly rushing in and grabbing the Pokemon. Skye whistled sharply and Rama jumped in the way, knocking Volca to the side so he could still fight Eve. He gave the Litwick an irritable snort. "Geez... are you young or just an idiot? Don't jump in the middle of a fight like that!"

Nodding at Nika that they could still fight, Skye went to check on the girl and her Pokemon. "A-hare yuh-you o-okay?" Before she could answer, he gave the Litwick a frown. "Shuh-shame on you," he scolded the Pokemon. It would have been comical if he didn't look so disappointed. "Yuh-you could hah-have gotten yuh-your truh-trainer huh-hurt duh-hoing stuh-stuff like that. A-hand yuh-yourself tuh-too."

Then he sighed, clicking his tongue. Rama snorted and padded up to them, shooting Lumina an annoyed scowl. Even he knew young don't bring excess into your stuff. Skye waited for his answer patiently, one eye on Volca so he didn't hurt his opponent's trainer instead of the other Larvesta.

Old July 6th, 2012, 01:02 PM
ShaymieTheShaymin
Menma~
Community Supporter

Lumina just started to cry. "I'm sorry! I just wanted to have some fun.",she said. Don't cry,Lumina.... Um..,Molly said. "Don't cry. You're a big girl now",Holly said. Molly poked her and pointed at Skye. "Oh,um... I'm OK. I hope Lumina didn't disturb your battle."she said while looking at the ground. This guy's different from most of the people I've met.,she thought.
(This post would've been longer,but my post disappeared for some reason. XD)
Old July 6th, 2012, 02:43 PM
BrainstØrm
Lonely Planet Boy

Send a message via Skype™ to BrainstØrm
Jimmy Vincent
Academy Grounds

Okay, the time to ask had come. There were no Pokémon or people surrounding the two students, and Rosalyn agreed to talk in private. She was still trying to avoid eye contact with him, and her cheeks were still reddish, so there was obviously something going on with her. The question was, what was it?

"Ok, like, I noticed you're acting kinda weird, so," Jimmy said, "Mind telling me what's going on?"

Anyone but Jimmy could actually tell what was going on. Blushing, avoiding eye contact, it was kind of obvious. But not to the rebellious-looking kid with ripped clothing and messed up pompadour, oh no, he still had a lot to learn about the wacky world he lived in.

Alice Crenshaw

Academy Grounds

Alice's confidence seemed to drop for a second. She didn't know much else about Jello, as all the other moves Jello had would barely leave a scratch on Roxas' Lucario. She looked down, and shook her head, believing she had lost it.

"I-I'm sorry...I'm still...not used to it..." she mumbled.

Jello sensed that something was wrong with Alice. He glanced angrily at Obilivio and Roxas, and could feel power building up inside of him. An amount of power that he had never had before. He closed his eyes and, without saying anything, unleashed that hidden power he had onto Obilivio, firing an odd orange beam at him. Alice, suprised about this, looked back up, a tear standing on her left cheek.

"Oh, my! Jello, what was that?" she said, looking at her Solosis in awe, "That was absolutely awesome!"

"I...I dunno" he said telepathically to his trainer, "I felt this power inside of me after seeing you sad..."
Old July 6th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Fuyu
Raising Heart, set up!

Skye

Rama scowled a little. "What's with the tears kid," the Zorua barked. "If you're gonna run in and be dumb, run in and look cool! If you're being taken down, you bite right back and give 'em all heck for doin' it! Don't cower from me! Get me! Show me you've got fight in ya." Skye patted his head warmly, telling him to relax. The Pokemon huffed and growled a bit before letting his fur fluff down to normal.

Skye gave the other girl a reassuring smile. "N-Nah, weh-we were juh-just stuh-harting. Cuh-come and wuh-wuh-wuh-hatch." He didn't step away, simply out of general principle, but he returned his gaze to the fight. "Lih-Litwick," he said softly. "Apuh-apoli-" He sighed, switching words. "Say suh-sorry to your truh-trainer nuh-hot me."

Old July 6th, 2012, 06:27 PM
ShaymieTheShaymin
Menma~
Community Supporter

"I'm sorry,Holly.",Lumina said to Holly,still sniffling a little. Meanwhile,Molly angrily turned to Rama,floating down so that she could meet him face-to-face. She's just a baby! You can't just challenge her to a battle!,she yelled. She floated back to Lumina and gave her a hug. I won't let the mean Zorua hurt you.,she said.

Holly just tilted her her head in a questioning manner. "You want me to come with you?",she asked,tears brimming in her eyes. "No one's ever been this nice to me before....",she said. Molly noticed this and snuggled up to her,looking like she was about to cry herself.
Old July 7th, 2012, 02:06 AM
Lincoln West
Drowzee

Nika Valentine

What the hell is going on?

Her opponents Larvesta had managed to learn a flying type move before it had evolved and grown wings! This battle was going to be nowhere near even if her enemies pokemon had a super-effective move and she didn't. How was she meant to counter this, what was she going to do?

Taking a deep breath to steady herself and put her questions aside she thought logically about what she had seen. Eve, her own Larvesta, had taken quite a bit of damage from that Acrobatics attack. But judging from that attack alone, the two Larvesta were actually extremely similair in strength. Eve was perhaps just a shade stronger, but that meant absoloutely nothing if the moves they knew were in favour of the other pokemon.

Perhaps if sh-

"Hey!" Nika called out at the interruption of a young Litwick interjecting into the battle. Holding the egg case and its previous cargo tight to protect it from further indignities Nika glared at the pokemon and its apparent trainer. "If you haven't trained your pokemon yet, keep them inside their pokeballs!"

Fortunately the Ember attack was weak and hadn't gone very far, singing the battlefield rather than damaging the participants. How incredibly rude...

Turning her thoughts back to the battle at hand, Nika realised that if her enemy continued to use Acrobatics they didn't stand a chance. That only left the option of creating as much damage as possible, so that her second pokemon could finish the Larvesta off quickly and even the playing field.

"Take Down."

Eve nodded (as much as a grub can nod) and bunched itself up, launching itself headlong with suprising velocity at the other Larvesta.

Jackson (Male Shieldon) Lvl 24: Toxic, Sandstorm, Protect, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Dig

Bixi (Female Tirtouga) Lvl 24: Crunch, Aqua Tail, Sandstorm, Ice Beam, Stone Edge, Iron Defense

Siege (Male Geodude) Lvl 22: Defense Curl, Attract, Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Roll Out
Old July 7th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Fuyu
Raising Heart, set up!

Skye

Hearing Nika's cry, Skye scowled slightly. "Heh-Hey, suh-stop scuh-scaring them!" Rama snorted before turning his attention back to the Munna. Skye then gave Holly a cheerful smile. "Cuh-Course! Juh-hust reh-relax and ih-ih-it'll be fuh-fine." He heard the words Take Down and shook his head. This seemed like an all or nothing shot. Fair enough. It would be fair to meet her head on but...

Nah. He was too much like Rama. No playing fair. He clicked his tongue and whistled and Volca concentrated, releasing a burst of Psychic energy. He would still get hit but Psychic would likely slow down the headlong charge, hopefully weaken it. It was sure better than using Flamethrower right now.

Rama gave the Munna a roll of the eyes. "Yeah I was going to waste energy battling a baby who you should teach better. Nah, I want her to get me to back down. That doesn't mean hit me. Besides, babies fight all the time." He glanced at Skye's back, which was wiggling oddly. Then Pala sleepily poked her head out.

"Rama's noisy..."

THe Zorua looked sheepishly at the Cubchoo. "Sorry girly, we just had a case of young and dumb. Go back to sleep."

"No~" sang the Pokemon. "Skye's playing. I wanna play too!" She fumbled herself out of the bag and waddled over to her trainer. Skye smiled at his Pokemon.

Old July 7th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Lincoln West
Drowzee

Nika Valentine

It knew Psychic too? What kind of Larvesta knew Psychic and Acrobatics? Clearly this wasn't your average trainer. Eve was going to be finished after this round of moves.

Eve hurtled directly through the Psychic attack, colliding head first with Volca before rebounding off, sliding across the field. The user of Take Down suffered a portion of the damage inflicted - and it tended to inflict quite a bit of damage.

"Can you continue?" Nika asked her pokemon, hoping to get at least one more attack out of the Larvesta before she was unable to battle. Unfortunately Eve neither responded nor moved, signalling her defeat. Sighing Nika readied Eve's pokeball to call her back, only waiting to see how Volca had fared from the attack.

((Sorry for stating that the attack landed, I just thought I'd help move us along a little. VM me if you'd like to edit and I'll happily do so.))

Old July 7th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Fuyu
Raising Heart, set up!

(No it's fine. I figured you would :D)

Skye

Volca slid back, knocked into Skye's legs. Volca shook a bit, wincing in pain as he scrambled to roll himself over. Skye didn't help him. He would get the prideful glower for three days if he tried that.Eventually the Pokemon righted himself and scuttled back over to the battlefield.

He was hurt... because really, Take Down sucked. However, his Pokemon was not the one who had been hit by a Flying-type move. So... despite the energy loss, his Larvesta seemed pretty okay. If not, well... Pala was right at his foot and seemed willing to go out there... even though she was like, a toddler.

"Play," she repeated steadily, looking excited. "Play and then have apples, okay Skye?"

"Mmhm," he agreed. It sounded like a good way to spend the rest of the night to him. Along with sleeping but well... it was the little things.

Rama meanwhile, was slightly sulky. He really wanted a fight. However, he was logically the worst one to go out there. Maybe Skye could get some TMs to fix that. That'd be awesome. Yeah...

Skye gave Nika a smile, having enjoyed their battle so far. "Reh-Ready?"

Old July 7th, 2012, 06:35 AM
ShaymieTheShaymin
Menma~
Community Supporter

Holly quickly wiped her tears away,suddenly embarrassed. "Um-",she started to say,but she was interrupted by her Xtransceiver. "Hello?",she said while picking it up. She was greeted by the angry voice of he sister. "Holly Hannah-Marie Amarosa! Why did you hang up?!" "Um.... Amy,this isn't the best time." "And why is that?" She pointed her Xtransceiver towards Skye. "I was kind of talking to someone." Amy's face suddenly brightened up. "I-I don't believe this! You... made a friend?" "I just met him! Really!",Holly yelled. "Hmm.... tell me,boy what's your name?",she asked.

Molly just rolled her eyes. "You'd think after living with her for eleven years,you'd I'd understand her.,she thought. Lumina just jumped onto Holly's shoulder,not understanding what's happening. "Molly! Let's play!" "Not now. Maybe later.,she said still thinking. Lumina just pouted. "You're no fun.,she said.

Thanks for everything today. Tomorrow I'll go to heaven. Please be my friends until the very end.
Old July 7th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Lincoln West
Drowzee

Nika Valentine

She hadn't really expected Eve's Take Down to finish off the other Larvesta, but it would have been a pleasant turn of events nonetheless. She would need to finish this Larvesta off quickly now, she didn't have a single pokemon left that wouldn't be weak to Volca's fire type attacks.

With Eve finished her options were Spider, Sage, Parasect or Yanma. Parasect and Sage could be eliminated straight away - neither one were fast enough to potentially finish off Volca before suffering from a devastating strike. So, Spider or Yanma...

Calling Eve back to her pokeball Nika placed it inside her satchel and drew out the Dusk Ball again, trusting to her original decision. If speed was the issue now, this was her best choice. Opening the mottled green and black pokeball her pokemon shot out onto the battlefield, surrounded with sinister dark energy. As the pokemon emerged the energy faded, leaving visible a cheery looking Yanma buzzing in circles. It's bright red and green colouring and jolly nature seemed at odds with the entrance.

"Yanma. Supersonic."

The dragonfly pokemon began to beat its wings at a rapid rate, a low humming sound audible to the humans. To Volca however it would be a painful screech with the potential to confuse. Nika had been sorely tempted to end things with a Quick Attack - but what if that wasn't enough? The confusion provided by Supersonic could provide insurance.

Old July 7th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Fuyu
Raising Heart, set up!

Skye

A Yanma. Oh dear. Well, this was horrendously awkward. Skye twitched slightly, feeling a mixture of amused and dismayed. Volca... was going to have way too much fun with this. Not a good idea. He glanced back at the X-Transceiver and nodded politely. "Skye," he introduced quickly, turning back to see his Larvesta be struck by Supersonic. The grub spun dizzily, looking around in a daze.

"Nuh-hice shot," he told Nika before nodding quietly, figuring it was best to call out orders for now. "Fluh-Flamethrower!" Volca heard this and obeyed. Not knowing where to fire at though, his five horns sent flames in many directions. He wasn't sure if one of these would hi the Yanma or not and quite frankly, didn't really want to worry about it. That would be considered when it got there.

Meanwhile Pala waddled up to Lumina. "Play?" She repeated. "Wanna play with me?"

Old July 7th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Lincoln West
Drowzee

Nika Valentine

"Detect."

The Yanma's eyes flashed red for a moment, giving it an instinctual understanding of where the flamethrowers would strike. Weaving in and out of the columns of flame the Yanma seemed to find the whole thing incredibly amusing, laughing as it dodged Volca's attempts to hurt it.

They wouldn't be able to maintain this strategy for long, but hopefully either Volca would hurt itself while confused, or this boy would become frustrated and lose his cool. The distraction this annoying stranger and her pokemon were providing may help as well, leading to him making a poor decision that she could take advantage of. Unfortunately, if they took even one fire type attack they had no hope of possibly defeating the second pokemon.

Old July 7th, 2012, 07:43 AM
silverexorcist
Individualism in Normalcy!

Nature: Adamant
Aloin took a deep breath as stepped out from the entrances to one of the underground arenas, his large Hariyama following right behind him. He was surprised to see that the sun was bright above him, burning with light. It was day already? Impossible! Aloin quickly counted the hours backwards in his head. He'd started training sometime before the the sun had set the day before, which meant...
"I'm late for work." He sighed sheepishly. He glanced back at his Hariyama. "We completely lost track of the time and didn't get any sleep. Do you think we can get some leeway and take the day off?"
Hariyama looked at him for a long moment, its expression indicating irony. Aloin chuckled.
"Yes, I know. We only have ourselves to blame--fine, fine!" Aloin switched the from the plural as Hariyama palmed his face with one of its large hands. "I only have myself to blame, happy?"
Hariyama nodded its approval before pointing behind Aloin, indicating toward two trainers battling.
"Oh, morning practice, is it?" Aloin murmured as he adjusted his zuchetto back on his head properly. "And there's an obvious type advantage here. I wonder what the bug trainer will do...?"
Old July 7th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Fuyu
Raising Heart, set up!

Skye

Skye smiled, even as sweat dripped down his face. This was almost a horrible situation. However, it wasn't like Volca was particularly good at controlling himself when he wasn't confused. Watching the Yanma dodge gave him an idea. Weren't Yanma part flying anyway? Volca, having not been given an order, charged viciously only to trip and fall, slamming into the ground painfully. Skye winced but didn't falter. "Wuh-Wild Charge."

Volca heard this and winced, shutting his eyes and trying to drown out the painful screeching of Supersonic. Eventually he managed to focus, electricity sparking around his body. With a painful, disturbing cry, one Skye never wanted to hear again, the Larvesta leaped towards the rapidly moving Yanma.

It was laughing at him, he could see it. Laughing? No, you do not laugh during battle. You fight and you fight to the end. And in this case, even if it wasn't to him, you lose. Volca didn't care too much about wins or losses on a good day, but he did care about fights and this one was turning out boring and annoying. With another disturbing screech, he released more pillars of flame as he ran. No matter which way it dodged, even in his confusion, Volca intended to make whoever he was facing have to work his way through it.

Old July 7th, 2012, 08:21 AM
ShaymieTheShaymin
Menma~
Community Supporter

"Amy,I have to go.",Holly said while watching the battle. "OK,bye." She hung up,and then noticed a teacher watching the battle. "Holly,how are you feeling?",Molly asked. "Huh? I'm fine.",she said. Lumina looked down at the Cubchoo that was talking to her. No play. I'm sleepy.,she said. That's just like her. She wants to play one second and changes her mind the next.,Molly said. She floated down to the Cubchoo. "You'll have to play with Lumina later,little one. Lumina jumped down into Holly's arms and snuggled up to go to sleep. (I think Lumina's bipolar. XD.)

Thanks for everything today. Tomorrow I'll go to heaven. Please be my friends until the very end.
Old July 7th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Lincoln West
Drowzee

Nika Valentine

Finally!

This was the chance she had been waiting for all battle! Skye had failed to issue an order to his Larvesta, leading to the confused pokemon to hurt itself in a failed charge. This was precisely the opening they needed to take full advantage of Yanma's speed.

Between the cumulative effects of Yanma's high speed, the String Shot Volca had received from Eve at the very beginning of the battle and Yanma's ability Speed Boost - which increased Yanma's speed by amounts relative to the longer it spent in battle - it was now fast enough to dangerously out-strip Volca. Coupled with its failed attack this was exactly what Nika had been hoping to set up.

"Yanma, prepare Double Team, but wait to the last possible moment." She ordered while Volca was recovering from its trip and Skye issued his next command. Wild Charge? A Larvesta that knew Acrobatics, Psychic and Wild Charge? What kind of monster Larvesta was this? It held an impressive array of moves, but the problem was that it was an extremely offense focused pokemon. With no support moves, such as Yanma's Detect or Double Team, it allowed trainers like Nika to overcome firepower with strategy.

Yanma waited, buzzing in place, presenting a clear target for Volca to strike with its headlong charge. But just as it came near enough to be a danger Yanma seemed to split into multiple copies of itself, all buzzing around in different directions and presenting Volca with a variety of targets to strike. Several were burned away by the columns of flame Volca sent forth from its whorled horns, while two more vanished after being struck by Volca's electrically enhanced charge.

The true Yanma however had used the cover provided by its illusory copies to zoom around the outskirts of the battlefield, placing it to Volca's rear. Both pokemon now occupied their opposite positions - Yanma closest to Skye and Volca closest to Nika.

"Sonic Boom!" Nika called out, praying that Yanma would take advantage of its now considerable speed advantage to strike before Volca had time to react. The red and green bug-flying type lined itself up, determined to strike true for its trainer, and beat its wings with increased force. A blade of focused air blasted towards Volca that, if successful, would hit the grub pokemon like a sledgehammer.

Strength is important. But I must always remember the importance of the strength of the mind.

Old July 7th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Fuyu
Raising Heart, set up!

Skye

Skye would have been annoyed by the turn of events, except,well, it was Volca, who needed to be brought down a peg or two. His Pokemon team was mostly offensive but that was how he had been trained growing up. Ultimately, when Cameron taught him, he had advised him against support moves like the ones Nika had used, specifically with Volca, who in layman's terms could care less. Simply put, support moves were helpful, but he ultimately believed you needed to let your Pokemon rely on the abilities its body gave, instead of temporarily boosting it. And besides, Volca fought to kill not for sport. The last time Skye had tried teaching him a move like that he had gotten a burn all up the arm for his trouble. The same went for Rama but Pala and the others were likely more willing to go versatile, specifically Ellie.

But at the moment, that wasn't an option.

However, neither was giving away panic. So smile he did, as Volca got slammed. Fortunately, that got rid of confusion. Unfortunately, Volca was about to faint. So Skye relaxed. "Thuh-hanks," he told Nika brightly, giving Holly a cheerful look. "Vuh-holca neh-needed this fuh-fight." Now, watching Volca right himself one last time, he gave a low whistle. Volca didn't move, only sat patiently in front of Nika's feet. Then slowly he began to move forward toward his trainer. It was like the Yanma wasn't even there.

Skye smiled loosely.

Old July 8th, 2012, 03:29 AM
Lincoln West
Drowzee

Nika Valentine

Nika narrowed her eyes, suspicious of Skye's placid attitude towards this turn of events. He had thanked her for the battle thus far, and it seemed quite clear that Volca was just about finished, but he hadn't called the pokemon back to its pokeball. Instead he had whistled some kind of command that had started the Larvesta moving. Was it a strategy they had devised so she couldn't anticipate what their attack would be? Since Volca was still able to battle - just about - then they must be going for a similair approach she had used with Eve, one last attack to try and soften Yanma up for the boys next pokemon.

I'm not about to let that happen...

"You're very welcome. Sonic Boom."

Yanma tittered to himself and beat his wings hard once more, launching a second Sonic Boom attack to the slowly moving Larvesta. That would teach them for trying to lull her into a false sense of security.

To anyone else it would have been clear that Volca was finished for this round and just moving closer to his trainer, but for Nika who struggled to read people and assumed the worst it was impossible to fathom such an innoecent motive in the midst of battle.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here