Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 7th, 2011 (03:22 PM).
okjoek
Hoenn champ

Nature: Calm
Hurray! Finaly a member for team aqua! Hope this means we'l be seeing a slight increase in activity.

And torchic I mensioned because it was my first pokemon ever. Mudkip I learned later has the best typing and stats of any beginer's pokemon. Snivy in the cartoon has a very unique personality which I like the way it stays cool and collected while remaining cool and "serperior" to others (I made a funny =P). While the grass type are usualy neglected for common weaknesses it can be quite useful.

While on the topic of the grass type I'l morph the subject with team magma to stay on the main purpose and will say the move solar beam famously paired with our favorite move sunny day looks kind of stupid in the game now. How is the beam coming from the sky? It's normaly seen in the cartoon as a ball of energy forming at some location on oor in the user's body then being fired. The generation 3 games displayed it most accuratly and in my oppinion better to look at in a way than the newer games where it comes out of nowhere falling out of the sky.
Old July 7th, 2011 (04:28 PM).
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
Quote originally posted by okjoek:
Hurray! Finaly a member for team aqua! Hope this means we'l be seeing a slight increase in activity.

And torchic I mensioned because it was my first pokemon ever. Mudkip I learned later has the best typing and stats of any beginer's pokemon. Snivy in the cartoon has a very unique personality which I like the way it stays cool and collected while remaining cool and "serperior" to others (I made a funny =P). While the grass type are usualy neglected for common weaknesses it can be quite useful.

While on the topic of the grass type I'l morph the subject with team magma to stay on the main purpose and will say the move solar beam famously paired with our favorite move sunny day looks kind of stupid in the game now. How is the beam coming from the sky? It's normaly seen in the cartoon as a ball of energy forming at some location on oor in the user's body then being fired. The generation 3 games displayed it most accuratly and in my oppinion better to look at in a way than the newer games where it comes out of nowhere falling out of the sky.
Oh yes, I agree...at last we have a Team Aqua Member! c:

On the Solar beam, I agree. I never used it, but saw enemies use it against me, and it shows nothing of where it's forming, but just the beam from the sky. Those pokemon must be psychic or something you know. 0.o!

I like generation III games as well. Especially since the Aqua & Magma are included of course. My very first game was Emerald, so I grew up with having both of them in the game.
Old July 8th, 2011 (07:43 AM).
okjoek
Hoenn champ

Emerald was my first game too!
Old July 8th, 2011 (12:17 PM).
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Otherworld9) Send a message via Skype™ to Otherworld9)
A new topic to revive our hopes:
Where did you first see either Team Aqua/Team Magma?
-To answer my question, I obviously first saw them in Emerald before I saw them in the anime. I never saw them in manga however, I heard they're quite different in the manga series.
Old July 8th, 2011 (12:25 PM). Edited July 8th, 2011 by Dying Light.
Dying Light
Pegasus Knight

Nature: Hardy
Emerald, indeed, was my first as well!
Trying to keep up with the current discussion, Black and White, are they really worth getting? Can you give me some examples? IMO I think that most of the new Pokémon look, er, not original? Litwick and it's evolutions are nice, but some of the others... IDK. What is amazing about those games that will make it as good or even better
than HG/SS, or D/P/Pt. Not trying to offend any fans of those games, though. Just wanting to know what's fascinating about them.

Quick Edit: Oh, Otherworld9) posted before I did. To answer your question, I would have to say the same thing. Firstly in Emerald, but never in the manga.

“Our only limits are the ones we place on ourselves.”
Old July 8th, 2011 (04:40 PM).
Aquacorde
■ UHC ■
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Eyyy, an Aqua member! Thank Kyogre, I was getting worried. ^_^

I first encountered Aqua and Magma via the Anime, actually. Then saw them in Emerald, then the manga. I don't think they're really so different in the manga, it's just more like... in-depth. You know, how PokeSupe usually it.
Old July 8th, 2011 (06:29 PM).
okjoek
Hoenn champ

I first saw team magma in the cartoon drilling into some sort of seaside temple on one of those tank like drill machines. I think they found some sot of underground pyramid like structure in a cavern.

On that other topic I think some of the new pokemon were designed quite nicely such as the following evolution families:

Snivy
litwick
patrat
lillipup
pansage
blitzle
throh/sawk
sandile
maractus
maractus
the two fossil families
minccino
solosis
ducklett
deerling
emolga (as the "pikachu" of this region I was more impressed than I was for pachirisu.)
frillish
joltik
ferroseed
klink wasn't too bad
tynamo
mienfoo
axew
druddigon
pawniard
bouffalant seemes like a similar variation of tauros but I can't think of anything bad to say about it.
rufflet
durant (I actualy love it's design but sadly it's outmatched by guys with the same typing.)
deino
larvesta
And my pokedex in game which I used to make this list doesn't have any more of them except for the legendaries which I thaught were okay but Zekrom was my favorite of the main three.
Old July 8th, 2011 (11:54 PM).
Water Master Roxy
Wish I was Misty

Nature: Gentle
Where did you first see either Team Aqua/Team Magma?
Petalburg Woods. You know when and where. Either Aqua or Magma can't remember if I had Ruby or Sapphire first but I did had both games.

Misty the greatest Pokemon character of all time.

Old July 9th, 2011 (05:24 AM).
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Quote originally posted by Musketeer:
Trying to keep up with the current discussion, Black and White, are they really worth getting? Can you give me some examples? IMO I think that most of the new Pokémon look, er, not original? Litwick and it's evolutions are nice, but some of the others... IDK. What is amazing about those games that will make it as good or even better than HG/SS, or D/P/Pt. Not trying to offend any fans of those games, though. Just wanting to know what's fascinating about them.

Don't worry, I just like it since it's new and has some strange things, XD I agree in that some are....strange in design and don't make most sense. But there are some that are neat and cool to me, and my favorite being Victini, since I was able to get it through WIFI, and snivy. The only thing new to it is a way better 3-D world, new pokemon, a way better plot than other games(except E/S/R of course), since I thought HG and DP lacked plot.

Well, I guess if what you said is true about the manga counterparts, then I should read to get more in depth with the teams....somehow. Oh, and I also met Team Magma/Team Aqua in Petalburg Woods. For some reason they always used a Poochyena..but it's Emerald.
Old July 9th, 2011 (08:09 PM).
okjoek
Hoenn champ

I hate that you have to go to an event to get guys like victini because I just got my game a few weeks ago and it said in one of the booklets in the case that the event happened months ago... Man that ticks me off.

Snivy is so awesome but its evolution line doesn't learn all that many moves outside of the grass and normal type with the exception of status moves.
Old July 10th, 2011 (05:03 AM).
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

I hate that you have to go to an event to get guys like victini because I just got my game a few weeks ago and it said in one of the booklets in the case that the event happened months ago... Man that ticks me off.

Snivy is so awesome but its evolution line doesn't learn all that many moves outside of the grass and normal type with the exception of status moves.
I agree there, since there are some pokemon that were given months before you get a game or such.....darkrai and deoxys....and I end up not getting my favorite. But if you want a victini, my sister MIGHT let you have it...if she doesn't want somehow. But I let my Snivy use TM's that are physical attack since it has a high attack.

To get on Topic, Do you think Team Magma or Team Aqua might ever expand to other Regions? Yes or No?
Old July 10th, 2011 (05:18 PM).
okjoek
Hoenn champ

Team magma will make its own region to expand to =P

Team aqua. I don't know. If they love the ocean so much why don't they live there?
Old July 10th, 2011 (05:22 PM). Edited July 11th, 2011 by Artemus D'Moniz.
Artemus D'Moniz
Team Magma Leader

Absolutely. We simply must spread to other regions. Why stop at Hoenn. We have a formidable enough force to take on Team Rocket from Johto and Team Plasma from Unova. We would however be at a slight disadvantage in terms of environment familiarity, but being the elite force we are we could find ways around that.

Old July 11th, 2011 (08:48 AM).
Aquacorde
■ UHC ■
Community Supporter

Well of course Aqua should expand! Johto and Unova especially are suffering from a lack of the beneficial sea, and it is our duty to help the people and Pokémon of the regions in that way.
Old July 12th, 2011 (09:17 PM).
okjoek
Hoenn champ

Bump.

This thread is actualy doing a lot better than it looks because we have more posts than a few of the other groups on the front page.

My idea of expanding to another region involves artillery, snipers, jet fighters, aircraft carriers, nuclear submarines, howitzers and tanks and LOTS of them =D or since I'm a star wars fan battle droids would work too.

If guns exist in pokemon (atleast in the cartoon) then why don't us bad guy teams ever use them?

The earth landmass is key to military strength aswell because otherwise you need to use aircraft carrirs which cost a lot to land your planes when even a simple island can be transformed into an airstrip surrounded by mortars to repel lanbding crafts. When it comes to military I like being on the defensive side. Forts win wars ;P
Old July 13th, 2011 (04:29 AM).
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

Bump.

This thread is actualy doing a lot better than it looks because we have more posts than a few of the other groups on the front page.

My idea of expanding to another region involves artillery, snipers, jet fighters, aircraft carriers, nuclear submarines, howitzers and tanks and LOTS of them =D or since I'm a star wars fan battle droids would work too.

If guns exist in pokemon (atleast in the cartoon) then why don't us bad guy teams ever use them?

The earth landmass is key to military strength aswell because otherwise you need to use aircraft carrirs which cost a lot to land your planes when even a simple island can be transformed into an airstrip surrounded by mortars to repel lanbding crafts. When it comes to military I like being on the defensive side. Forts win wars ;P
Yeah, it's doing way better than others., as for the guns, well, we all know it's for kids, I don't think they would add that though. XD

When it comes to expanding, I agree too. All my reasons are actually already said, so I'll just say the same things you all did.
Old July 14th, 2011 (06:05 AM).
okjoek
Hoenn champ

I realy should gt the 3ds but I was (and still am) angry that I got the dsi extra lage version for my birthday last fall and before it can even gather a dust particle they already seem to have a new system out. I hope all the generation 5 games remain in use for a regular ds because I'm not goig to buy that thing THIS soon. I try to run my things into the ground before I replace them. Like my old gamecube system. Then I may be able to play a RSE remake if it comes out and get to battle my two favorite bad guy teams =D

Oh and I won't be online untill sometime the beggining of next week. Hope it doesn't get too quiet here without me =(.
Old July 14th, 2011 (08:57 AM).
Otherworld9)
Bard of Rage

I realy should gt the 3ds but I was (and still am) angry that I got the dsi extra lage version for my birthday last fall and before it can even gather a dust particle they already seem to have a new system out. I hope all the generation 5 games remain in use for a regular ds because I'm not goig to buy that thing THIS soon. I try to run my things into the ground before I replace them. Like my old gamecube system. Then I may be able to play a RSE remake if it comes out and get to battle my two favorite bad guy teams =D

Oh and I won't be online untill sometime the beggining of next week. Hope it doesn't get too quiet here without me =(.
I am not a fan or like the 3DS that much, so I kinda got restricted since some games are only playable through the 3DS, but pokemon, I hope, stays on the younger DS games. Don't worry though, I'll keep the club running. c:

If they do make a R/S/E remake, it would be much better if they stick with the same plot and same items...no new items and such. The only difference I would like to see if an enchanced 3D, added pokemon from other regions to the game, and probably WIFI and such. It would be good to play it like the old days, have the same soundtrack as in the R/S/E, and not new ones. They better stick with the same Team Magma/Aqua design and pokemon...it would be off if they changed them a bit.
Old July 14th, 2011 (11:49 AM).
MarshMallowDJ
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Naughty
Username: MarshMallowDJ
Team: AQUA all the way :D
Partner Pokemon: Carvanha
Anything Else: nothing else, but i love water types <3

Be aware that 12 digit code isnt real. but that is my team.
Old July 14th, 2011 (12:53 PM).
Artemus D'Moniz
Team Magma Leader

It appears Aqua is beginning to expand. Finally we can have two sided arguments.

Old July 18th, 2011 (08:36 AM).
okjoek
Hoenn champ

Ah back. Team magma will always have the high ground =) In terms of elevation.
Old July 20th, 2011 (03:00 PM).
Aquacorde
■ UHC ■
Community Supporter

Oo, witty. ;3

So hey- did we ever narrow down the selection of new Pokemon to choose from?
Old July 20th, 2011 (05:33 PM).
Artemus D'Moniz
Team Magma Leader

Not really. I think we aught to get that started now seeing as how both Teams are beginning to expand.

Old July 21st, 2011 (06:00 AM).
okjoek
Hoenn champ

Speaking of pokemon I'd like to point out how awesome groudon is =).

Groudon's ability allows it to use solar beam for a massive blow to water types like kyogre. Its ability also boosts its fire moves like fire blast which is what mine knows.

Then it has a massive stab move with earthquake being 100 damage 100 accuracy.

After that you've got a free moveslot for whatever you want! It could be another attack move for more coverage such as shadow claw or dragon tail Or a more helpful move such as rest, bulk up, stealthrock (not sure if it could learn that in gen 4), thunder wave, swords dance or toxic.

Kyogre may have earthquake and ice beam to cover its weaknesses but most water types can learn ice beam to begin with aswell as surf and hydro pump. Other moves only consist of calm mind, rest, toxic and thunderwave
Old July 23rd, 2011 (06:18 AM).
okjoek
Hoenn champ

Team members who raise a zubat and its evolutions would know that they can learn quite a few moves to mak use of.
It's one of the only pokemon I like to have the move fly because I can utilize it well with its other moves. For example I use it to stall while allowing my toxic to wear down the opponent. Then my third move would be something like u-turn to annoy the opponent with not very effective switchouts then Giga drain for more stalling hp and special attack coverage.

Poochyena is actualy a realy cute pokemon with an awesome evolution. Grimsley in the gen 5 elite four is stupid to use a liapard which looks and sounds terrible rather than an epic mightyena. Sadly its moves are limited. My moveset for it is:
Crunch- Powerful stab.
Toxic- Awesome move to have.
dig- Hurts steel types or forces them to switch out.
torment- Limits your opponent's attack options.

Cammerupt is at a disadvantage with its 4x weakness to water but can be quite reliable. It was given the ability solid rock which means your devistating 4x weakness to water is now only 3x if I'm correct and weakness to the ever common earthquake would be reduced aswell.
I give mine the following moveset:
Overheat- Massive stabbed damage but not to be used in succession.
Earthquake- More massive stab.
Stone edge- For better coverage.
Explosion- I go out with a bang.

Sponsored Links