Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation
Reload this Page HGSS Hardest Fight!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Old April 30th, 2015 (07:20 AM).

OK, descrptions in the title, what was your hardest fight in HG/SS? (first time)
I'm excluding the first time I ever played because, well, I didn't even know what I was supposed to be playing, I was just pressing A and walking around mainly. I didn't even catch Pokémon, I used my Feraligatr through the entire run (and it didn't even though Ice Fang)
Anyway, the hardest fight to me was Red and my team was the following:
Moltres
Zapdos
Entei
Feraligatr
Ampharos
As you can see, no wonder I had trouble. It was possibly the worst team in history, yet after pointless amounts of grinding, I won. Anyway, what's your hardest fight?
Old April 30th, 2015 (01:33 PM).
It's all fun and games 'till somebody loses their mind.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
In the last play of Heart Gold I did, that would be Chuck. His Poliwrath killed half my team after his Primeape ripped my Sandslash apart almost effortlessly with Double Team.

And with Lance, I came very close to going from being about to beat him without losing anyone to very nearly being swept by his last Pokémon. I had to strategize to get in my last Pokémon with an Ice-type attack.
Old May 1st, 2015 (12:36 AM).
I shall hatch.

Nature: Docile
Chuck's Poliwrath with Hyponsis and dreadful Focus Punch, if my pokemon doesn't wake up I might be dead.

Clair and her Thunder-wave dragonite, BRRR
Old May 1st, 2015 (08:39 AM).
One less, one less problem~
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
For me it was Lance, because it was difficult to train up for him due to the lack of trainers in Johto. ;_;

Pair~
Old May 1st, 2015 (11:35 AM).
Cait Sith

Nature: Gentle
For me it was Red the first time through, I couldn't defeat him with my Soulsilver team (Mostly due to lack of good training options), so I ended up using the Platinum team I had traded over, went through the League a few times to train them up, and just barely won against Red. I literally had one Pokemon left and would have probably lost if it weren't for my Empoleon's Ice Beam freezing the Venusaur, allowing me to get in one final hit for the win.

Team
Empoleon
Giratina
Luxray
Flareon
Roserade
Togekiss
Old May 1st, 2015 (09:35 PM).
give me the words
ModeratorCS

Nature: Mild
The hardest fight was definitely Red! His Pokemon are Godly powerful and with the hail conditions and the fact that some of my party members had to learn weak HM moves made it even more of a challenge.

If I can recall, my team was:
- Feraligatr
- Meganium
- Typhlosion
- Pidgeot
- Dragonite
- Gengar
Old May 25th, 2015 (07:56 AM).

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by BahamutZero:
Anyway, the hardest fight to me was Red and my team was the following:
Moltres
Zapdos
Entei
Feraligatr
Ampharos
As you can see, no wonder I had trouble. It was possibly the worst team in history, yet after pointless amounts of grinding, I won. Anyway, what's your hardest fight?
Is this meant to be a joke? Three legendary pokemon, a starter, and a solid 5th pokemon? Not too shabby. Not having a full team is somewhat detrimental along with not having great type coverage, but with grinding, it's not at all surprising to discover that you won with that team.

But anyway, the hardest battle in the game is definitely Champion Lance. Without grinding, on average, you're probably going into the battle with 6 pokemon at level 40-45. This guy has three Dragonite--all with great coverage, a Gyrados, a Charizard, and an Aerodactyl. That's a stacked team.

When I play, I purposely avoid using starting pokemon, legendaries, or base 600 pokemon. Just to make the experience more difficult. I'll also purposely avoid stacking my team with ice types. Obviously, it wouldn't be a challenge to sweep Lance if I used a Lapras and Cloyster. Consequently, my battles with Lance are usually pretty epic. But even without my self-imposed rules, I still think Lance is the toughest battle. Maybe in ALL of the Pokemon games.
Old May 25th, 2015 (07:59 AM).
ソーナンス
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
It was probably Blue, he was so difficult for the team I had that I had to transfer my Lv100 female Swampert that was my original ace from Ruby. She did the job very well in the end, and since became mother of a baby Mudkip.
Old May 25th, 2015 (08:19 PM).
Black & White
ModeratorCS

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to Achromatic
Probably the fight against Red or maybe Lance. When I was younger I always had a ton of trouble with Lance and I still do to this day. Kinda nice to have a bit of a challenge. 8)
Old 3 Weeks Ago (04:47 AM).
the pretender

Nature: Lax
Red! I remember having pokemon in the low 60s when I went up to fight him? I think I'd of lost if it hadn't been for the three-in-a-row crits and endless supply of revives either.

Lance was more like a 'phew I got rid of his dragonit-- oH GOD' but he wasn't that bad! Dragon types are strong though I feel like I was a lot less underleveled for him then I was for Red.

Sponsored Links